Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University (24936 Views)

10 Costly Mistakes University Students Make In Their First Year / The Mistakes Students Make All In The Name Of Studying Abroad / Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by OneKinGuy(m): 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2021
Good
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by orikoku: 2:24pm On Apr 26, 2021
Space booked.
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by emson122(m): 2:35pm On Apr 26, 2021
Please Op how do I manage my academics with campus fellowship.
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by vickydevoka(m): 2:37pm On Apr 26, 2021
blackboy:
Grades is the koko. Going to school to let the school pass through you and all that is not koko. It's a risk. If you go to school read to pass and get good grades , trust me you wont regret it.
All other things are distractions that make graduating hard and school a circus or zoo.
If you go school and school pass through you and you no pass or get a weak grade no blame your village people .
Trust me you have nothing to loose by focusing on your studies 99% of your time in school.
All those forming hard guy, sex don or fine boy or girl many find out it's too late .

Grade is not de koko sometimes.

Sometimes course u study n who u know is de koko
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by vickydevoka(m): 2:44pm On Apr 26, 2021
I came to realize that any course u see ladies are 10* more than guys. The course must be a useless course. E.g microbiology n sociology
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by Afokesco(m): 3:14pm On Apr 26, 2021
Fedrick100:
I wish I have money to sponsor myself,. I really want to be in higher institutions
bro work hard... this year I will be a graduate.. I work before gaining admission.. even if we are on holiday. I do work for like two months before going back to school.. currently I'm at home working.. my school started first semester early March...
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by Fedrick100: 3:19pm On Apr 26, 2021
Afokesco:
bro work hard... this year I will be a graduate.. I work before gaining admission.. even if we are on holiday. I do work for like two months before going back to school.. currently I'm at home working.. my school started first semester early March...

Thanks Bro
What type of work were you doing then
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by protipsexperts(m): 3:27pm On Apr 26, 2021
DEMZEE:
Always spin plates and never have exclusive relationships with ladies.

Build ur social status and intelligence

May the stars align for your sake!
Tomassi's Rationale Male had a lot in stock for these ones.
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by Afokesco(m): 3:35pm On Apr 26, 2021
Fedrick100:

Thanks Bro What type of work were you doing then
bakery with some casual work
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by KORLAR(m): 3:38pm On Apr 26, 2021
Stevyne:
13. No date any gal for your department

Why?
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by blazepascal(m): 3:46pm On Apr 26, 2021
Successfulben:
God bless you sir. Number Seven and eight humbled me. I thought I was the only wisest guy on nairaland, the op is a bit wiser than me. Education is good, but discovering your true self is better. This is one of the very few sensible posts have read in a long while. Before the end of today, someone would post here how he slept with a girl he met on Facebook.
thanks ..bro
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by blazepascal(m): 3:49pm On Apr 26, 2021
jackyraw09:

Really nice write up. Graduated 4 years ago and I wish read something like this before I enrolled in the uni.

Still turned out well anyways but could have avoided
Certain pitfalls
nice of you
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by blazepascal(m): 3:51pm On Apr 26, 2021
cpanelisclala:

A group of confused illiterates running this forum, people who have never seen the four walls of a university are giving advice to those who more educated than them.

Wore unto anyone who believes what he/she reads on nairaland.

patlex wink
. read to understand bro
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by blazepascal(m): 3:56pm On Apr 26, 2021
Gobengroup:
What's your advice for those who are about to give up school.
they should never give up a time will come when they will need certificate las las school no be scam
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by blazepascal(m): 3:58pm On Apr 26, 2021
ofiko123:
Nice write up..
thanks bro
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by Afokesco(m): 3:59pm On Apr 26, 2021
Fedrick100:

Thanks Bro
What type of work were you doing then
and try learn a skill before going.. I know some of my friends who are into computer stuff..they do work in school... learning skill helps alot...most times you won't depend on anybody to send you money from home
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by blazepascal(m): 4:03pm On Apr 26, 2021
emson122:
Is the fellowship interfering with your academics
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by Junnior: 4:13pm On Apr 26, 2021
Cashio:
Just make friends. Do not be among the class of people that will always want to keep to themselves and when you ask them, they say they are avoiding unnecessary drama and fake people. Kill that mindset if you have one.
Be friends among your lodge members, coursemates, and every other person you happen to meet while in school.
Thanks.
So far, I haven't been the socializing type. I have kept to myself throughout, but it isn't because I think people are fake or whatelse. It's just how I'm able to cope.
I'm in my final semester now sha with a lot of school work, so I don't know if I have time to "build contacts" anymore lipsrsealed.... What do you think?

I handled three projects last year as a site architect. One was from my lecturer, the second was from my coursemate who had two projects at the same time and needed to give one out while the last one, I was referred by a secondary School classmate who had a friend that wanted to build.
Fast forward this year, I got another job as a site architect for a small private firm and guess what? I was referred by another coursemate.
Really nice. You must have been a "scholar" cheesy for your lecturer to be awarding contracts to you
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by Fedrick100: 4:15pm On Apr 26, 2021
Afokesco:
and try learn a skill before going.. I know some of my friends who are into computer stuff..they do work in school... learning skill helps alot...most times you won't depend on anybody to send you money from home

I want to learn freelance just that i don’t know anyone to teach me
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by Stevyne: 4:48pm On Apr 26, 2021
KORLAR:

Why?
You go loose focus!
You want be free around other gals
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by DEMZEE(m): 5:02pm On Apr 26, 2021
protipsexperts:

May the stars align for your sake!
Tomassi's Rationale Male had a lot in stock for these ones.

Yess
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by macnino399: 5:02pm On Apr 26, 2021
blazepascal:
We see a lot of students making mistakes every day in school. Some are career ending, life threatening, heartbreaking, while some are for a short painful while.

So I'm here to list what mistakes students shouldn't make in school, and university to be precise.

1. Never wait for your Part 3 or 4 before going for your internship/IT, use every holiday to learn something new and interesting be it in your field or outside of it.

2. Never graduate knowing only things pertaining to your degree, if you do, you will limit yourself, expand your horizon, know something about everything there is to know.

3. Never read for grades, Grades won't carry you beyond school. Read for knowledge, read to be empowered.

.4 Never separate yourself from others, Make friends with all sorts of people. Regardless of faith, creed, colour, knowledge.

5. Never allow a lecturer limit you or your ability. He's where he probably wants to be, you're not where you want to be. Don't allow him to limit you by his grades, words or outbursts

6. Never look down on grades, read to have the A's, do your best to be among the best. If C is what you can achieve with all your strength,

7. Never substitute religious activity with real relationship with God. Participate in Fellowship activities, but never let it interrupt your personal relationship with God. Don't be a zealot or an Extremist.

8. Never look down on anyone, the poor guy then could be a millionaire after school. The guy who struggled to make 3rd Class might come back rich and powerful. No other person has been more recognized in my set (Internationally and Within Nigeria) than my good Friend Chibuike despite Graduating with a weak 2.2. Not by what you read ohhh

9. Never think people are going to treat you specially, just because you're graduating with a good grade. The world out there is full of people more qualified than you.

10. Never depart from God or his Godly principles. Your life depends on him, In dominus El Frustra, latin loosely meaning (Without God we labour in vain). You need God on your best days and on your worst days, never look down on the power of Favour or Grace of God

11. Fresher beware of Catch them Young, they'll only take advantage of you.

12. Last but not the least. Don't do suicide! It's not worth it. Now doesn't justify the future, you can overcome that depression. Believe!
And remember! Be yourself!

Written by: blaze pascal

thanks for Reading and remain blessed!
Thanks OP
This is really helpful and insightful.
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by emson122(m): 5:04pm On Apr 26, 2021
blazepascal:
Is the fellowship interfering with your academics
Yes
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by Stevyne: 5:05pm On Apr 26, 2021
emson122:
Till I left school
I no attend one useless fellowship like this.

Cause wey I DEH do DEH Mentally draining
Wetin concern me and fellowship!

Infact the ones wey DEH go fellowship 24/7
There result was nothing to write home about
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by nnadychuks(m): 5:15pm On Apr 26, 2021
Draslo:
13. Don't allow your girlfriend move in with you.
why na
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by nnadychuks(m): 5:16pm On Apr 26, 2021
Fedrick100:

I want to learn freelance just that i don’t know anyone to teach me
you don't need any skill. Just read and watch YouTube videos.
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by ayenale1(m): 5:22pm On Apr 26, 2021
I wish someone told me this before my degree days or i wish im a nairalander before entering school...i would have been a better person...one of my regrets though...being a nairalander has exposed me more than religious, family and social values...if you are on nairaland and u didn't learn anything about life my broda jus go and die, the people on this forum are amazing people...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by Richthekid: 5:34pm On Apr 26, 2021
Ok
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by Plut01: 5:55pm On Apr 26, 2021
Junnior:

How do you make a lot of "contacts"? Thanks

Join social groups like Rotaract club, Red cross and start relate with people better than you or with the same drive as you.

Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by Junnior: 6:39pm On Apr 26, 2021
Plut01:

Join social groups like Rotaract club, Red cross and start relate with people better than you or with the same drive as you.

Seems cool. What is Rotaract club all about? smiley
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by blazepascal(m): 6:43pm On Apr 26, 2021
emson122:
Yes
pls try and focus on ur study more God can't help you if you cant help ur self
Re: Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University by blazepascal(m): 6:44pm On Apr 26, 2021
macnino399:
Thanks OP This is really helpful and insightful.
you welcome

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Futminna 2011/2012 Admission Session / Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members / Can I Still Go Back To School At 23?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.