Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,520 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons (1628 Views)

Free C Programming tutorials.-by the Nigeria developers community. / Having The Nigeria Stock Market Reports Api On Your Website. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by Podonasmit: 4:48pm On Apr 22, 2011
Hello All,

I want to use this medium to appeal to all Nigeria talented minds. It is time we use our God given talents to create a better future for ourselves by focusing on how we can use our creative ideas, knowledge, talent and skills to create fortune for ourselves.

This idea came as a result of some forwarded emails I recently received from one of my clients. In summary they are yahoo yahoo emails trying to defraud her. Besides that, recently I met a Canadian medical doctor in a plane and after a brief introduction, he ask me to tell him more about several unsolicited business proposals emails that come from Nigeria. Hmmn it was quite embarrassing, because that was the first things that come to any non-Nigerian minds when they come across Nigerians all around the world.

There are several examples, but my focus is not on how Nigeria youths can defraud, but how we can use our defrauding minds to invent technology that can benefit the world and also help us live in luxuries with our hard earn money. It is time to catch up with the wind of technology invention as its passing by.
We have seen how the youths are taking over by developing and inventing the most prolific technology that is shaping our world.

The following names are top youngest CEOs whose ideas are contributing to the way we use, see and interact with technology today.
Please take time to go through the link below to get additional information on these international technology tycoons.

Facebook: Mark Elliot Zuckerberg (born May 14, 1984)( http://www.facebook.com/press/info.php?founderbios)

Google: Larry Page and Sergey Brin (http://www.google.com/corporate/execs.html)

Dell computer: Michael Dell (http://content.dell.com/us/en/corp/d/bios/michael-dell-bio.aspx)

In light of the above story, I am looking for those who are interested in becoming NIGERIA YOUTHS TECHNOLOGY TYCOONS,

Interested team members should have programming skills, graphics art skills, ideas and anyone with skills on smart phone applications development. The team will focus on designing Iphone, Black Berry, Nokia, Samsung & LG Smart Phones Applications. (We can also focus on other applications if suggested)

If you are interested please forward your contact info e.g Name, Email, Phone number, location, area of expertise and education background.
The following are my info:
NAME: Prince Onabajo
Education: Master’s of Information System Security
School: Concordia University College of Alberta
Email: onabajo2002@yahoo.com

Its time to make it big legally,
Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by dyvinson7: 7:24am On Apr 25, 2011

Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by aphoe(m): 4:28pm On May 01, 2011
what about dsktop apps? Anyway, i'm good to go for mobie apps

name: afolabi legunsen
email: aphoextra@yahoo.co.uk
competencies: php/mysql, c#, asp.net, html/xhtml, css, drupal and so on
Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by Podonasmit: 4:48pm On May 01, 2011
aphoe:

what about dsktop apps? Anyway, i'm good to go for mobie apps

name: afolabi legunsen
email: aphoextra@yahoo.co.uk
competencies: php/mysql, c#, asp.net, html/xhtml, css, drupal and so on

@aphoe,

Thanks for your interest. Yes we can design and develop desktop apps too. We just need to put heads together and see what we can achieve.
We still need more people though. Got some people already but still waiting for more. I will send something to your box.
Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by 2muchlogic(m): 11:08am On May 02, 2011
good initiative, you have my support
Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by Podonasmit: 12:18pm On May 02, 2011
2muchlogic:

good initiative, you have my support

@ 2muchlogic,

Thank you so much. We need people like you. We need your support,  ideas, assistance and suggestion.  Once again, thank you for your support.                                     
Admissions is still on, Don't miss out. Join the Team

Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by 2muchlogic(m): 1:10pm On May 02, 2011
Podonasmit:

@ 2muchlogic,

Thank you so much. We need people like you. We need your support,  ideas, assistance and suggestion.  Once again, thank you for your support.                                     
Admissions is still on, Don't miss out. Join the Team

I did join about 3 hours ago and I have herd NOTHING from you grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by Podonasmit: 1:30pm On May 02, 2011
2muchlogic:

I did join about 3 hours ago and I have herd NOTHING from you grin grin grin grin grin grin

@ 2muchlogic,

Sorry about that, i will need your email to forward some interesting head up document to you.
Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by 2muchlogic(m): 1:32pm On May 02, 2011
Podonasmit:

@ 2muchlogic,

Sorry about that, i will need your email to forward some interesting head up document to you.

I sent my email address to onabajo2002@yahoo.com but you can send it to: toomuchlogic@yahoo.com
Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by Podonasmit: 1:52pm On May 02, 2011
2muchlogic:

I sent my email address to onabajo2002@yahoo.com but you can send it to: toomuchlogic@yahoo.com

@2muchlogic,

Just replied to your email. Sorry for late response
Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by 2muchlogic(m): 2:24pm On May 02, 2011
Podonasmit:

@2muchlogic,

Just replied to your email. Sorry for late response

thats ok, i just received your response its pretty detailed; I will have a read and get back to you asap grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by aphoe(m): 9:28pm On May 02, 2011
@poster
saw ur email bt cant download it now cos i'm browsing from my phone. I'll dowload them asap
Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by DAPMAN601: 7:55am On May 03, 2011
Hello,I like ur idea and ill like 2 join,pls send details 2 dapman601@yahoo.com.am a software/web developer.
Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by Podonasmit: 8:39am On May 03, 2011
DAPMAN601:

Hello,I like your idea and ill like 2 join,pls send details 2 dapman601@yahoo.com.am a software/web developer.

@ DAPMAN601,

I need your info, I have sent you an email. Thank you for your interest.
Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by emekau2002: 12:01pm On May 03, 2011
Make money from MTN, Glo, Visafone, Etisalat, Altel. Get a shortcode for just N10k, with one of the lowest / cheapest setup fee in Nigeria, no monthly subscription, no monthly guarantees, No hidden charges, No contract of any kind, and we offer one of the highest payout in Nigeria. CALL SAMMY ON 08060657266 TODAY,

we set you up in 2 days,

N.B. please note that our shortcodes are not meant for services such as political forums, sexual content promotion or racial motivated content promotion.

Visit our website on

http://sms.ubxsolutions.com.ng

or call SAMMY ON 08060657266
Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by NET1(m): 3:14pm On May 03, 2011
can i ask a very fundamental question?

What is the grand objective of this? I ask this because I have seen (even here on NL) some other guys initiate similar projects which in my opinion did not provide any effects. There was a similar thread started by one elomi who suggested we have a programmers' conference. To my utter amazement, only about 2 people (which includes me) actually indicated interest in the project. The rest others only submitted their names and even cared less about the whole thing.

There was also one other guy who initiated a game development conference, but I really cannot say that the project has succeeded. In all of this, all I see is a common trend where people just submit their names and skill set, but if there are no clear cut objectives, the whole thing just dies off.

Please, I am not trying to dissuade you from carrying on this cause. In actual fact, I think it's noble, however there are certain issues that you (the initiator of this project) have to personally solve first before bringing it to the public. I don't want this to be another failed nairaland Technology project.

Can you please answer the following questions:

1. What is the real objective of this project?

2. Is this going to be a conference or an exhibition? If other, please specify_______________________

3. Who are your target audience?

4. Just how do you want to get sponsorship for this project?

5. Other questions (or issues) might bother on other Management strategies for this kinda project.

Thank you,
Joshua
Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by Podonasmit: 5:07am On May 04, 2011
.NET:

can i ask a very fundamental question?

What is the grand objective of this? I ask this because I have seen (even here on NL) some other guys initiate similar projects which in my opinion did not provide any effects. There was a similar thread started by one elomi who suggested we have a programmers' conference. To my utter amazement, only about 2 people (which includes me) actually indicated interest in the project. The rest others only submitted their names and even cared less about the whole thing.

There was also one other guy who initiated a game development conference, but I really cannot say that the project has succeeded. In all of this, all I see is a common trend where people just submit their names and skill set, but if there are no clear cut objectives, the whole thing just dies off.

Please, I am not trying to dissuade you from carrying on this cause. In actual fact, I think it's noble, however there are certain issues that you (the initiator of this project) have to personally solve first before bringing it to the public. I don't want this to be another failed nairaland Technology project.

Can you please answer the following questions:

2. Is this going to be a conference or an exhibition? If other, please specify_______________________

5. Other questions (or issues) might bother on other Management strategies for this kinda project.

Thank you,
Joshua

@ .NET,

Thanks for your straight forward questions, insight and projection. Like i said earlier this idea is born out of the series of events. However, with positive thinking, Nigeria youths must transform themselves in the global community. There are plans in place as i have been meeting and talking to some of the brightest mind in Nigeria and abroad.

I will like to answer your lingering questions : ANS--

ANS-- The primary vision is to develop and designs simple cheap mobile applications

ANS-- At this time we will meet and discuss and then strategies, conferencing and exhibition will come later

ANS-- For the development: Nigeria Youths with brightest idea and skills to develop the mobile applications. For the product sales: fraction of 1.5 million Nigerians that use smart phones like Black Berry, Android, Iphone, Samsung among others.

ANS--  Partners will decide on way forward on getting sponsorship when they meet to strategies

ANS-- Yes i intend to coordinate this with the support of brightest mind like you. We all need to make all these decisions together and see how we can achieve our goal.

The continuous and progress of this project is dependent on people like you and i. There are lots of constrains why most previous plans flop and the reason might not be the coordinator or the author of the idea. It might have to do with the support received. Like you said people do not show up when they give their info. That attitude must stop if we want to achieve.

If the facebook guys did not show up, there will not be facebook; or if t he Google guy nor MS.
So lets work together to achieve the same goal.

Personally i think you are what Nigeria needs, critical thinking individual.  Joshua  i will appreciate if you can send me an email at onabajo2002@yahoo.com so we can discuss more.
Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by DAPMAN601: 7:32am On May 04, 2011
Sir,I have not received any mail from u.Perhaps,u could resend it,thanks.
Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by Podonasmit: 7:38am On May 04, 2011
DAPMAN601:

Sir,I have not received any mail from u.Perhaps,u could resend it,thanks.

@DAPMAN601,

I  sent you email yesterday. Check your spam mail. Please send your resume to my email.  Thank you for your interest and patient.
Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by NET1(m): 7:07pm On May 06, 2011
hi, got my email?

.NET
Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by dyvinson7: 7:29pm On May 06, 2011
>NET
Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by Podonasmit: 7:40pm On May 06, 2011
.NET:

hi, got my email?

.NET

@ .NET,

Sorry for the late response. I just email you some documents.
Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by buzor(m): 8:59am On May 14, 2011
bros am interested. i have my area of specialization in assembly language and c programming. my email address is fastcashe@gmail.com
Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by Podonasmit: 4:36pm On May 14, 2011
Hello Guys,

Face book is hiring and looking for employee in Nigeria/ Kenya on a contract of about 6-11 months

check this link https://www.facebook.com/careers/apply.php?id=201408883213963
Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 24, 2011
i am just curious! Why is it that most Nigerians only like software and programming etc. What about IC design?? I know we don't have semiconductor industry in Nigeria, but anyways sha, your idea seems very encouraging.
Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by mrperfect(m): 11:48pm On May 29, 2011
Is a welcome development what is needed is focus and determination.
Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by Afritelly: 5:00am On May 30, 2011
@Podonasmit: Nice idea. Instead of giving names and addresses, why can't we inform Admin of this forum to create a thread where we can share ideas like this or create affliated new forum?

For me, the objectives are not so strong because one of it aims base on income earning "For the product sales" rather why can't we do it for free?

At the moment I can't give info because I'm working at a company where we always get Naija boyz fraud emails.

(1) (Reply)

Robotics Tutorial / Useful Tips For Iphone Contacts Recovery With Iphone Data Recovery Software / Java Control Panel Not Responding On Window 8.1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.