Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,981 members, 7,806,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

How And What To Feed Tench In An Aquarium And In A Pond? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How And What To Feed Tench In An Aquarium And In A Pond? (552 Views)

My Net Caught This Beautiful Kingfisher At My Pond Today (Photo) / Why You Need An Aquarium / Please Where Can I Get An Aquarium And D Fish To Live In It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How And What To Feed Tench In An Aquarium And In A Pond? by PetMasterClin: 2:25pm On Apr 26, 2021
This representative of the carp family was once actively bred in our country for commercial purposes. Thanks to its juicy, slightly sweetish meat, it was deservedly considered a royal fish. Today people prefer to fish on it mainly on the shores of natural reservoirs – lakes, reservoirs, river bays – or in a pond in the country. These fish with beautiful small scales are kept in large aquariums just to admire. And in order to breed, and feed the tench on a fishing trip, it is important to know when and what he eats.

Read in detail here https://petmasterclinic.com/2021/04/14/how-and-what-to-feed-tench-in-an-aquarium-and-in-a-pond/

Aquarium diet
If there is a desire to populate a pet in a prepared glass container, it is best to pick up fry 3-6 cm, since adults get used to new feeding conditions for a long time (up to two weeks) and can eat smaller fish.

Keeping in a home pond
When breeding this amazing fish, you should pay attention to its habits. Interestingly, the tench changes its color not only when it is pulled out of the water, but also when the purity of the water changes. If stagnant water, muddy bottom, lack of oxygen do not interfere with growth, then the cold is hardly tolerated by the tench. When the temperature drops, the already slow-moving fish becomes even slower, its appetite worsens. To avoid this, it is better to maintain the desired temperature regime in the pond in the country. For the same reason, the tench should simply not be disturbed in winter, since it completely silts up, where it is until spring, when the exhausted, thinner begins to search for food.

Fishing groundbait
The harder it is to catch freshwater tench, the more interesting it is to catch. In its natural environment, he likes to hide near the thickets of a quiet backwater somewhere at the bottom. There he feeds on what he finds among the silt, digging it to a depth of 8 – 10 centimeters. The simplest microorganisms, insects, which, we recall, are also used when keeping fish in an aquarium, invariably replenish its menu. However, he is not against green vegetation, which abundantly covers closed reservoirs near the coast. It can be as growing algae, grass, young shoots of reeds, reeds, as well as their remains, which settle down below, detritus. The share of green fodder is up to 40-60%.

Read in detail here https://petmasterclinic.com/2021/04/14/how-and-what-to-feed-tench-in-an-aquarium-and-in-a-pond/

Re: How And What To Feed Tench In An Aquarium And In A Pond? by Cabardin: 7:19pm On Aug 18, 2021
How do I feed these fish? Are they allowed to live together with goldfish?
Re: How And What To Feed Tench In An Aquarium And In A Pond? by GabriellePeake: 7:30pm On Aug 18, 2021
Stores for aquarists sell food for pond fish. I met such food for herbivorous and carnivorous fish and also depending on their seasonal activity. I saw a choice of food for them from JBL. And you can also buy special frozen mincemeat of small fish and shrimp for them and feed them extra. It's perfect for them. I have a huge aquarium in the living room on the entire wall. There live fish discus and goldfish and tetra glofish since childhood and get along great with each other. The main thing is that all have enough space and where to hide.

(1) (Reply)

It's So Sad Seeing The Animals @ The Park Where I Run Most Weekends Being Killed / Both Sex Pug Puppies / Cane Corso Puppies For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.