Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,300 members, 7,780,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:04 PM

I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? (3237 Views)

Man In This Crashed Car Was Driving To The Venue Of His Suprised 50th Birthday / I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time / I Am Traveling From Asaba To Onitsha Today, This Is How Prepared I Am (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by ndidibabe(f): 8:13pm On Apr 26, 2021
For the very first time, I am doubting whether to drive interstate or not.

When I was in OAU, I frequently drive from Lagos to Ife. I have also driven to Akure in Ondo state from Ife for a wedding . My last interstate journey was to a town in Osun from Lagos late last year and honestly I found it stressful. Body don dey old small small. Besides, there were at least six checking points on the road which made the journey less interesting as I had to stop many times. The road was bad too and I was so scared of being kidnapped because I had to move at a very low speed.

It's a colleagues wedding ceremony in Igbemo Ekiti, a nearby town to the capital of Ekiti this weekend. I plan to travel on Friday with two other colleagues( female) and lodge in an Ado Ekiti hotel, then proceed to Igbemo next day.

I will be driving a Lexus ES350 which is very road worthy. I understand Lagos to Ekiti is about 5 hours. I do not know the road network very well. I actually thought I could follow Akure but I was told the road is bad from Akure to Ekiti. I was advised to take Ilesha.

I would have opted for public transport but I visited Ojota and Berger to make some findings on Saturday and I was shocked to see the kind of buses that ply Ekiti. They looked like death traps.

What do you advise considering security, road network and the distance. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by richeeyo(m): 8:14pm On Apr 26, 2021
Wish to know, planning same soon
Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by ndidibabe(f): 8:16pm On Apr 26, 2021
richeeyo:
Wish to know, planning same soon
Where and when pls?
Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 8:18pm On Apr 26, 2021
Be careful of the bandits. grin

If possible, hire a bodyguard. I don't want to hear stories that touch. grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by Felason(m): 8:20pm On Apr 26, 2021
Madam, nobody travels anyhow this days except you're going with a flight or the reason for traveling is life threatening.

Send them money/gifts if you can.
Better safe than sorry.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by ndidibabe(f): 8:22pm On Apr 26, 2021
Felason:
Madam, nobody travels anyhow this days except you're going with a flight or the reason for traveling is life threatening.

Send them money/gifts if you can.
Better safe than sorry.
Unfortunately, no flight to Ekiti. It will be sad not to be in Demi's wedding..
Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by timibare(m): 8:22pm On Apr 26, 2021
Men of PAN full everywhere now ooh.....olorun awa pelu e
Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by ndidibabe(f): 8:23pm On Apr 26, 2021
TheOnlyUyai:

Hmm. I am really worried..
Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by Amotolongbo(f): 8:24pm On Apr 26, 2021
I will be driving a Lexus ES350 which is very road worthy. I understand Lagos to Ekiti is about 5 hours. I do not know the road network very well. I actually thought I could follow Akure but I was told the road is bad from Akure to Ekiti. I was advised to take Ilesha.
Take Iwaraja Ijesha to Efon Alaye, Efon Alaye to Aramoko to Ado Ekiti
Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by ndidibabe(f): 8:27pm On Apr 26, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Take Iwaraja Ijesha to Efon Alaye
Is iwaraja Ijesha after Ilesha? How long is the trip from Lag? Is the road good? Please talk to me.
Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by Amotolongbo(f): 8:31pm On Apr 26, 2021
ndidibabe:
Is iwaraja Ijesha after Ilesha? How long is the trip from Lag? Is the road good? Please talk to me.
ya, it is after Ilesha.
The roads from Iwaraja to Ado Ekiti are all trunk B roads and not express

I don’t really know about the time it will take you cos it isn’t an express which can warrant you being on a steady speed
Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by ndidibabe(f): 8:37pm On Apr 26, 2021
Amotolongbo:
ya, it is after Ilesha.
The roads from Iwaraja to Ado Ekiti are all trunk B roads and not express

I don’t really know about the time it will take you cos it isn’t an express which can warrant you being on a steady speed
That's serious. The road must be silent..
Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by Amotolongbo(f): 8:39pm On Apr 26, 2021
ndidibabe:
That's serious. The road must be silent..
not so busy road

Safe trip
Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by ndidibabe(f): 8:41pm On Apr 26, 2021
Amotolongbo:
not so busy road

Safe trip
Thanks dear.
Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by dplordx(m): 8:43pm On Apr 26, 2021
If they kidnap you, Demi will never stop the wedding for you. Even me wey I get wedding for ibadan, na cash I send the groom. These kidnappers work with police and with an ES350, you are a perfect target. Anyways, na your funeral if you want to go... Lagos to Ekiti on a good is roughly 8 hours thanks to the had roads
Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by ndidibabe(f): 8:46pm On Apr 26, 2021
dplordx:
If they kidnap you, Demi will never stop the wedding for you. Even me wey I get wedding for ibadan, na cash I send the groom. These kidnappers work with police and with an ES350, you are a perfect target. Anyways, na your funeral if you want to go... Lagos to Ekiti on a good is roughly 8 hours thanks to the had roads
Ooops!!!!! 8 hrs?? But UNAD students live in Lag now. They also travel through that road....
Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by ndidibabe(f): 8:47pm On Apr 26, 2021
dplordx:
You got me scared with this funeral stuff... Be like say na to join Bus o..
Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by nifemi25(m): 8:59pm On Apr 26, 2021
Why not hire someone to drive you down there . So as to reduce the stress of driving on you...make sure you don't travel in the night ...it's really dangerous. Olorun awa pelu e

1 Like

Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by ndidibabe(f): 9:04pm On Apr 26, 2021
nifemi25:
Why not hire someone to drive you down there . So as to reduce the stress of driving on you...make sure you don't travel in the night ...it's really dangerous. Olorun awa pelu e
Nice advise really. My hubby (out of town) also suggested this. Who can I trust on this now??
Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by nwaanambra1(m): 9:18pm On Apr 26, 2021
ndidibabe:
Nice advise really. My hubby (out of town) also suggested this. Who can I trust on this now??

in this very crazy time that even staying at home is scary and somebody is willingly going to sacrifice herself to them!

people dey sha!

We go read your story here! ewu!
Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by ndidibabe(f): 9:25pm On Apr 26, 2021
nwaanambra1:

in this very crazy time that even staying at home is scary and somebody is willingly going to sacrifice herself to them!

people dey sha!

We go read your story here! ewu!
You will not read any had story by God's grace. My friend who is getting married is in Ekiti already. She didn't die!!!
Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by aieromon(m): 9:56pm On Apr 26, 2021
ndidibabe:

Do not let anybody scare you. Lagos to Ado is roughly 5 hours. The route thins out into a single lane once you branch off the Ilesa-Akure Express into Iwaraja. The checkpoints from Iwaraja to Ado are more than 10 and fully active so prepare to be stopped multiple times.

Travel early and you will be fine.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by ndidibabe(f): 9:57pm On Apr 26, 2021
aieromon:

Do not let anybody scare you. Lagos to Ado is roughly 5 hours. The route thins out into a single lane once you branch off the Ilesa-Akure Express into Iwaraja. The checkpoints from Iwaraja to Ado are more than 10 and fully active so prepare to be stopped multiple times.

Travel early and you will be fine.
Thank u so much.
Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by GOT1: 10:58pm On Apr 26, 2021
God will go with you, however don't be scared but be careful of asking people for direction as it is my route that I ply every month. So when you get to the end of Ilesha-Akure dualized road then you turn left, that is iwaraja road with lot of sharp corner. Then on that road you will turn left again to link aramoko road and when you get to aramoko you turn right straight down to Ado.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by prof2007: 6:03am On Apr 27, 2021
Hi Ndidi,

this is my sincere advice to you: Avoid travelling to that area, if you can. There have been several security incidents over the past months, and various portions of the highways are bad.

Prevention is better than cure.

1 Like

Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by ndidibabe(f): 6:24am On Apr 27, 2021
GOT1:
God will go with you, however don't be scared but be careful of asking people for direction as it is my route that I ply every month. So when you get to the end of Ilesha-Akure dualized road then you turn left, that is iwaraja road with lot of sharp corner. Then on that road you will turn left again to link aramoko road and when you get to aramoko you turn right straight down to Ado.
Please how long will the journey take if I leave Berger by 5.15am? Also, somebody mentioned that there are serious police check points on the road.
Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by OGWILLS123: 6:29am On Apr 27, 2021
TheOnlyUyai:

Ufan aba dieh grin
Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by OGWILLS123: 6:41am On Apr 27, 2021
ndidibabe:

Pherhaps the most dangerous sad,
Look Ma'm kindnaping don't just happen, it is a well carried out plan.
The only time you have to be scared is when your car spoiled or stuck (due to bad roads) in the midle of no where.
Aside from that nothing to worry about.
Safe journey cool
Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by seunsiju(m): 7:00am On Apr 27, 2021
Don't let anybody put fear in ur mind... This month alone I ply through Lagos to Ado three times, that's 6 times, to and fro...pass through Iwaraja so safe, d only issue is There are 12 Popo checkpoint from Ibadan to Ado and 4 Army checkpoint, all cost at least 200 per checkpoint... Ilesa - Ife police checkpoint even get POS.. You're safe bro... Come and give testimony after u come back
Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by ndidibabe(f): 7:38am On Apr 27, 2021
seunsiju:
Don't let anybody put fear in ur mind... This month alone I ply through Lagos to Ado three times, that's 6 times, to and fro...pass through Iwaraja so safe, d only issue is There are 12 Popo checkpoint from Ibadan to Ado and 4 Army checkpoint, all cost at least 200 per checkpoint... Ilesa - Ife police checkpoint even get POS.. You're safe bro... Come and give testimony after u come back
Whao!! 3 times? Some encouragement for me really. Is the road good? How long will d journey take? I don't think polic men really harass ladies on the highway if the paper is complete.
Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by ndidibabe(f): 7:39am On Apr 27, 2021
prof2007:
Hi Ndidi,

this is my sincere advice to you: Avoid travelling to that area, if you can. There have been several security incidents over the past months, and various portions of the highways are bad.

Prevention is better than cure.
Thank you sir. Contemplating...
Re: I Am Traveling (driving) To Ado Ekiti. Any Advice? by Johntemmy(m): 12:30pm On Apr 27, 2021
ndidibabe:
For the very first time, I am doubting whether to drive interstate or not.

When I was in OAU, I frequently drive from Lagos to Ife. I have also driven to Akure in Ondo state from Ife for a wedding . My last interstate journey was to a town in Osun from Lagos late last year and honestly I found it stressful. Body don dey old small small. Besides, there were at least six checking points on the road which made the journey less interesting as I had to stop many times. The road was bad too and I was so scared of being kidnapped because I had to move at a very low speed.

It's a colleagues wedding ceremony in Igbemo Ekiti, a nearby town to the capital of Ekiti this weekend. I plan to travel on Friday with two other colleagues( female) and lodge in an Ado Ekiti hotel, then proceed to Igbemo next day.

I would have opted for public transport but I visited Ojota and Berger to make some findings on Saturday and I was shocked to see the kind of buses that ply Ekiti. They looked like death traps.

What do you advise considering security, road network and the distance. Thank you.

amontologbo as giving you the best advice...I'm from Ekiti but base in Ife so it's my best route i do pass... there are several checking point along the way so I think it's a little safe...I wish you safe trip.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have Been Given 250k To Travel Should I Invest It Here Or Travel Out To Uk / Info On Morocco / Which West African Country Is Best To Live In & Do Business / Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.