Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" (14892 Views)

Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? / Pls Guys Between Medicine Or Pharmacy, Which One Should I Go For / “My Mum Says Am Wicked And Heartless”; Fresh Nigerian Soldier Reveals. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by fostermd(m): 1:11pm On Apr 27, 2021
It's a rewarding career especially if you practice in developed world.You are well renumerated and appreciated.

You need to have good heart,care for people and work long hours.It requires loads of stamina from.2nd year till 6th.No semester breaks,calender is January to December, lots of examinations, clinical.and written.

It's my 23rd year as a doctor and still loving it.I left naija 16 years ago and no regrets.
You need loads of maturity as secrets would be handed to you and got to be very confidential.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by Patented: 1:12pm On Apr 27, 2021
what does he want to study and why does he want to study it?
Entayali:
My younger brother is about to register for JAMB for the second time and my mum insists he must study medicine. What's so special about medicine?

She feels that doctors are rich. I've been trying to convince her. What do I do to help my bro because he doesn't want to study medicine?
Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by yusufmurry: 1:12pm On Apr 27, 2021
What has she done to prepare him for the medicine?

To you OP, have you evaluated him to know his strength?

There is no guarantee that he would make it in life with medicine. One can only make it in life if he is the best at what he does and got right guidance.
Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by Olorilolo(f): 1:13pm On Apr 27, 2021
Doctors are rich? grin grin grin

Your mum is just about to create a monster. I see them all around me, frustrated, depressed, wishing they had chosen better. Heck, they don't even pay house officers no more.

OP, it's your duty to make sure that Boy becomes whatever he wishes to be.

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by Frankicent(m): 1:13pm On Apr 27, 2021
Nawa. Under this challenging administration. Were hungry, limited resources, Sapa and red eye full. Your mom still never understand. Oh, boi. E choke!

I don't know why some parents want to build a future for there kids, with full submission. By fire, by force. Well, it common in Africa. Such happened but me but me no gree o.

You can't force me to live your dream. Or force me to become somebody I'm not. It's again the law of nature. For me Sha.

No offense, I'm surprised that your mom doesn't understand how difficult it's to live with such decision. Sorry if I am blunt.

When I was preparing for jamb years ago as a teenager. My mom was a medical practitioner.

she wanted me to become a doctor. Aside health wise who doctor help? embarassed

Omo, she bought jamb for me. I passed jamb and failed the post jamb woofully. She insisted I retake it the following year. No wahala, My people I still fail am again. After quarreling. She allowed me followed my dream. If not for say dream no sure for the country. Who knows I would have become a billionaire by now. grin but this country go make Reverend father turn street boy. Just to hustle. Na when you stop to eat mama thank you. Na that time your eye go open. Like say you chop Eve apple. grin Then you'll understand life is hard.

Shool is just necessary. But it's not certain you'll become rich or great with it. Talk to your mom. Let her allow your brother follow his dream now. Before this country change his orientation.

Doctor no help anybody oo..

Yep! I buy Bitcoin, eth, and usdt. Bring all I'll pay in naira.

4 Likes

Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by babadee1(m): 1:14pm On Apr 27, 2021
Entayali:
My younger brother is about to register for JAMB for the second time and my mum insists he must study medicine. What's so special about medicine?

She feels that doctors are rich. I've been trying to convince her. What do I do to help my bro because he doesn't want to study medicine?

Your mum is going to ruin your brother's life if she continues to insist on this. Take it from me there is nothing in medicine. Let him follow his passion and study a course he loves. Preferably let him study something computer or IT related because that's the future. Tell your mother not to ruin her son's life.

5 Likes

Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by nwikpab: 1:14pm On Apr 27, 2021
Entayali:

Register medicine and do change of course.

But your mum will be proud if you read medicine. Your brain no carry am?
Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by hayor2014(m): 1:14pm On Apr 27, 2021
Entayali:

Get the money for a second Jamb form and fill it in front of her and do not submit it.
The actual form should be filled with the actual course he wants.....but what course does he actually want to do sef ?
Lets know whether to support him or your mum

Plus....he can always do a change of course in school......
Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by TheSociopath(m): 1:15pm On Apr 27, 2021
Entayali:

With this attitude, she will destroy your brother's life. Doctors are not the richest in Nigeria, even in the world
Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by GboyegaD(m): 1:16pm On Apr 27, 2021
Is she a medical doctor? Did she attempt studying medicine?

1 Like

Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by VTJN(m): 1:17pm On Apr 27, 2021
Entayali:

let him study medicine on the condition that he won't practice here in Nigeria

it is a very lucrative profession outside Nigeria

1 Like

Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by TheSociopath(m): 1:18pm On Apr 27, 2021
babadee1:

Your mum is going to ruin your brother's life if she continues to insist on this. Take it from me there is nothing in medicine. Let him follow his passion and study a course he loves. Preferably let him study something computer or IT related because that's the future. Tell your mother not to ruin her son's life.

Was scrolling through and discovered I made similar comments with you. A friend in IT earns close to 5M per month working for American companies while in Nigeria, how many Doctors earn up to that in Naija. The guy's mum has the old mentality that Doctors are successful and rich

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by Johncuppa(m): 1:18pm On Apr 27, 2021
Hotguy27:

What are you trying to convince her about? That Doctors are poor? grin grin grin
That prosperity is not in medicine
Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by Cumtroller: 1:19pm On Apr 27, 2021
I'm sorry but your mum is intellectually retarded with a backward, archaic and myopic mindset.

She needs mental emancipation. I won't mince words, your mother is a destiny killer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 27, 2021
Entayali:

Na wetin she study?
Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by chris4gold(m): 1:19pm On Apr 27, 2021
Buy her d medicine na, abi na bad child u be grin
Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 27, 2021
GboyegaD:
Is she a medical doctor? Did she attempt studying medicine?
My questions too.
Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by eedimo(m): 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2021
lilvicky68:
Go and report her to her pastor, Imam or native doctor..any which one..
You made sense though.
Those are the only people Africans listen to.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by SpaceAngel: 1:24pm On Apr 27, 2021
It's nice to do what one has passion for, else your brother may be sad all the days of his life after studying medicine.
Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by BigYash: 1:24pm On Apr 27, 2021
Seanwilliam this is what I was telling you about black people sometime ago. African parents forces shit on their children, thereby making them less productive in the said field,because they don't have passion for it.. Gud afternoon!

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by Deicide: 1:26pm On Apr 27, 2021
Let's say he get the medicine, can he cope?
Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by DECLAN2015(m): 1:26pm On Apr 27, 2021
Olorilolo:
Doctors are rich? grin grin grin

Your mum is just about to create a monster. I see them all around me, frustrated, depressed, wishing they had chosen better. Heck, they don't even pay house officers no more.

OP, it's your duty to make sure that Boy becomes whatever he wishes to be.

Frustrated and depressed kill u.How do u know
Abebo
Medicine is a wonderful profession anyway anytime and if u go with the intention that u want to be rich then you are in a wrong profession especially in our setting here.
But if u love it and have passion for it.
It is rewarding and u have inner joy that you are contributing to life.
Can anyone do without a doctor
You always need them.

Let your brother talk her mum and let him follow his hear or else medicine will frustrate you .

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by Lexusgs430: 1:27pm On Apr 27, 2021
Entayali:

Hin brain carry medicine....... grin
Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by DECLAN2015(m): 1:31pm On Apr 27, 2021
Frankicent:
Nawa. Under this challenging administration. Were hungry, limited resources, Sapa and red eye full. Your mom still never understand. Oh, boi. E choke!

I don't know why some parents want to build a future for there kids, with full submission. By fire, by force. Well, it common in Africa. Such happened but me but me no gree o.

You can't force me to live your dream. Or force me to become somebody I'm not. It's again the law of nature. For me Sha.

No offense, I'm surprised that your mom doesn't understand how difficult it's to live with such decision. Sorry if I am blunt.

When I was preparing for jamb years ago as a teenager. My mom was a medical practitioner.

she wanted me to become a doctor. Aside health wise who doctor help? embarassed

Omo, she bought jamb for me. I passed jamb and failed the post jamb woofully. She insisted I retake it the following year. No wahala, My people I still fail am again. After quarreling. She allowed me followed my dream. If not for say dream no sure for the country. Who knows I would have become a billionaire by now. grin but this country go make Reverend father turn street boy. Just to hustle. Na when you stop to eat mama thank you. Na that time your eye go open. Like say you chop Eve apple. grin Then you'll understand life is hard.

Shool is just necessary. But it's not certain you'll become rich or great with it. Talk to your mom. Let her allow your brother follow his dream now. Before this country change his orientation.

Doctor no help anybody oo..

Doctor no help anybody ?hmmmm
Is still a wonderful discipline.
It is not a sin if u dont like it
One "s man meat is another man poison..
The situation in our country is bad yardstick to rate doctor and that is what is discouraging most people.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by femi4: 1:35pm On Apr 27, 2021
Entayali:

She wants to realize her dream through her child

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by Lonelypacifist6: 1:38pm On Apr 27, 2021
Is it your mum that wants to study the course? Unless she's the one who'll write the exams for your siblings and sit in lecture halls then it's fine.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by uthlaw: 1:38pm On Apr 27, 2021
espn:
Na wa oo... This is how we got here...Some of us should be playing for top clubs today or we would have achieved something better with our lives but this same generation will force you to do their wish.
I swear my nigga, suppose de one club de chop cool money,they insist I go to school...na d school I finish now de house de press phone!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by espn(m): 1:40pm On Apr 27, 2021
uthlaw:
I swear my nigga, suppose de one club de chop cool money,they insist I go to school...na d school I finish now de house de press phone!
I tell you bro...They will promise to support you after school...All na wash after you finish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 27, 2021
Is good o, medical hardly search for job

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BRT Drivers On Strike Over ‘unpaid Salary (pic) / Why Some People More Creative Than Others / TDC A Networking Platform That Can Change Your Financial State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.