|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,690,051 members, 6,337,328 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 June 2021 at 06:12 PM
|What Do I Cook? by eedimo(m): 11:34pm On Apr 26|
Apart from the conventional meals a village boy knows(Rice, soups, beverage, yam etc) what other meals can I prepare for proper satisfaction and targeted daily nutritional value?
I would really want to try different meals.
|Re: What Do I Cook? by joinnow: 11:42pm On Apr 26|
eedimo:go to knorr website
|Re: What Do I Cook? by Goldbw122: 11:51pm On Apr 26|
I like vegetables
|Re: What Do I Cook? by WoundedLamb: 12:17am On Apr 27|
Nice. The food items found in Nigeria are sufficient to prepare many alternative dishes that are not originally Nigerian. Here's a few suggestions from me:
1) Roasted sweet potatoes with honey and cinnamon. There are other sweet potato recipes and you can never go wrong with any of them. The sweet potatoes I saw in Nigeria are the yellow ones but I'm guessing it'll be just as sweet as the red ones. You can add steamed brocoli as vegetable.
2) Yam mash with grilled meat (boneless chicken or lamb). You don't actually need any sauce when taking grilled meat and stuff like white rice, yam mash, etc. Just have your cup of juice and you're good to go.
3) Spaghetti bolognese. I'm guessing I don't need to say much about this option. I don't know how to cook it but I'm certain it's not uncommon in Nigeria.
4) Omelet stuffed pepper (please, use sweet/red bell pepper and not your regular Jamaican hot pepper). This is a very healthy breakfast.
5) Your good old vegetable salad and mixed fruit juice.
|Re: What Do I Cook? by eedimo(m): 11:31am On Apr 27|
joinnow:Thanks for the referral
|Re: What Do I Cook? by eedimo(m): 11:36am On Apr 27|
Except for 3, I haven't tried this meals you listed.
Thanks a million
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49