Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,430 members, 7,781,254 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:20 AM

Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience (23640 Views)

Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum / Honest Nigerian Stylist, Returns N600K Mistakenly Credited To His Account / Bank Mistakenly Credited A Zimbabwean Student's Account With N19.4M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Alexgman1(m): 9:49am On Apr 27, 2021
Have u at any point due to hurrying or mistake on your part sent airtime to the wrong number or credited the wrong bank account?
If yes, was the receiver kind enough to send it back? Share your experience.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Greyworld: 10:10am On Apr 27, 2021
Airtime, yes several times. there was a babe I just wanted to help with like 500 naira airtime, In the portion of amount I inputted my pin.

You understand what that means, thank God my pin begins with 2××× though, if it had begun with 9***...e for 2 pain me. I didn't even notice until she was thanking me more than necessary, when I checked and saw the debit I just swell. even to say "you are welcome" tire me.

204 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Ololanla: 6:37pm On May 10, 2021
Someone mistakenly sent 1k airtime to me recently and i sent it back to him.. he was surprised though.

118 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Femmyfestus: 6:38pm On May 10, 2021
Bank account??
Such mistake can never happen in my dreamworld moreless real life.

Airtime
Just twice and they refunded it.

Let me pass the mic to pastor righteousness2

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by TATALoAlaMu: 6:38pm On May 10, 2021
Ha several times but I mistakenly credited someone #12,000 on Jan 1st this year. As e be say e don happen e don happen, i just reason say the person go dey happy buy chicken and cook jollof. I mistakenly credited someone with 4k airtime yesterday. That one happens steady. Na switched off e dey since yesterday and no one sent money back

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by shadelek(m): 6:38pm On May 10, 2021
Airtime?
The first time I mistakenly transferred airtime to a wrong number was 2007.
I was trying to send to a number with 080 but I mistakenly transferred it to 070. Tried calling MTN cc but I was told nothing could be done.
Funniest part was that the number doesn't even exist then

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by inoki247: 6:38pm On May 10, 2021
I neva experience am before... I dey always open my eyes wella....

even if I'm typing the amount I count the Zero 1 by 1 to b sure say I no go add an extra Zero...

Just like that warning wey say don't drink and drive...

Don't also drink and try to du transfer

129 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 10, 2021
Never Ever Gonna Happen .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by FunkyAlhaji2015: 6:39pm On May 10, 2021
A guy mistakenly transferred 1000 naira airtime to my younger brother. The guy called him immediately afterwards.

The Guy: baby have you gotten the airtime?
My brother: This is not baby, its Tosan.
The Guy: I made a mistake I wanted to send the airtime to my girlfriend, she is a student. Pls transfer it back.
My brother: OK

My brother sent him back 800 naira and kept 200, the guy called back to
thank him grin

137 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Jarman411(m): 6:39pm On May 10, 2021
When I no the craze

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Ikukuudo: 6:39pm On May 10, 2021
No I have not and I don't wish to.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by hbk001(m): 6:39pm On May 10, 2021
Mistake keee

For this kain situation we dey so na hin I no go shine eyes press phone so....

Na pesin wey belle full bin dey transact on mobile without crosschecking so...

5 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Jafar1: 6:39pm On May 10, 2021
no, I use toothpick to count the numbers before pressing "SEND"

167 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Sheuns(m): 6:39pm On May 10, 2021
Nope. Only top up airtime. E Dey pain sha.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by saphiere(f): 6:39pm On May 10, 2021
Alexgman1:
Have u at any point due to hurrying or mistake on your part sent airtime to the wrong number or credited the wrong bank account?
No. I am extremely careful with money.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by ictjobber: 6:39pm On May 10, 2021
Mine was bitcoin. About $176 worth last week Tuesday... The baba blocked me. Me sef just lock up and left everything to mother earth.

Modified
Since i posted this. One guy don use two different numbers contact me to try scam me of my bitcoins.

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Tremple8v: 6:39pm On May 10, 2021
I'm sorry no time for such mistake, sheybi na money wey dey person go send .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Vaughanlanrewaj: 6:40pm On May 10, 2021
Alexgman1:
Hmmm. Nope. I sympathise with those who have most money in such manner. The secret is to ask it be sent to you by text then just copy and paste. visit www.freestuffsng.com for latest freestuffs in Nigeria.
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 10, 2021
Nay

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 10, 2021
hahaha dem no born me well
it has never happened..
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Stevyne: 6:40pm On May 10, 2021
Omoh, I DEH shine my eyes well

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Birdeyeview: 6:40pm On May 10, 2021
Greyworld:
Airtime, yes several times. there was a babe I just wanted to help with like 500 naira airtime, In the portion of amount I imputed my pin.

You understand what that means, thank God my pin begins with 2 though if it had begun with 9.... I didn't even notice until she was thanking me more than necessary, when I checked I just swell. even to say "you are welcome" tire me.

Lol this your own funny o

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by helinues: 6:40pm On May 10, 2021
grin

I no dey drink whenever I want to do online TF

6 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by FEGEITOK: 6:40pm On May 10, 2021
I have. guy refused to return it despite entreaties undecided
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by opera1(m): 6:40pm On May 10, 2021
I'm not the one in particular but I was there when it occurred.
A friend of mine mistakenly transfer 18k from GTBANK to Zenith Bank through Mobile App two months ago.
He has been calling, visiting GTBANK and even visited Zenith but the money is yet to be reversed.
It's painful though.
I don't know why he didn't double check b4 the password.
Note; He wanted to transfer from one of his GTBANK account to another GTBANK account.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by paulolee(m): 6:40pm On May 10, 2021
1.have done ussd top up to a wrong number, placed 5 instead of 9 as d last digit n one old woman get d 1k card instead of my banny n d tin pain me die..
sshe thanked me n wetin pain me pass na when she talk she tink say na "sai baba credit her number because she jus returned from one APC empowerment program n she cnt refund d cash because she isn't good with fone..
I gat do another top up to bea n dis time I was more careful n used tootpick to count n confirm d numbers..
2..a man credited me with 200k by mistake n was calling n begging me to refund, I jokingly told him dt av already use half n he said I send d other half, I sent him the whole 200k n he was shocked, he called n invited me over for dinner n gave me 50k cash as compensation..
note it happened 2013 when naija still better n i was financially Owkay n I doubt if I would do such doing this hard buhari regime, maybe I'll bargain n get my own cut n send d rest..

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:41pm On May 10, 2021
No. I only credited a known recipient above the intended figure.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by VillageBus(m): 6:41pm On May 10, 2021
Airtime atleast once a month, but for account mine ain't exactly to a wrong account but too a frozen account of a man I buy stuffs from, but he later gave me goods like dat

4 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Dollarremix(m): 6:41pm On May 10, 2021
Ololanla:
d
grin grin grin chai that kind thing dey pain
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Maks27: 6:41pm On May 10, 2021
Till today my 20k is still hanging in the account of one Mr Teeland Daniel of firstbank.
I have gone to the court for a court order authorizing the reversal still nothing yet on 5months.

If you want to transfer, look well or else your money go hang.

Btw Mr Teeland Daniel of you come across this post please send me back my money

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by izibili44: 6:42pm On May 10, 2021
Yes I dash am.
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by eedimo(m): 6:42pm On May 10, 2021
Yes.
Making a transfer to my sis, and the account number was my wife's. I just left it there.
E get why

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Much Did You Exchange The Pound For Today? / Mark Zuckerberg Loses $3.3 Billion After Changing Facebook News Feed / How Profitable Is Rental Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.