Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,509 members, 7,808,863 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Accommodating An Insolent Girl - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Accommodating An Insolent Girl (78236 Views)

Advice Concerning : Accommodating An Insolent Girl / Have You Ever Seen An Exam Instruction So Accommodating? / KNUST Ghana Sanction Six Students For Accommodating Opposite Sex After 10pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by CHoccolaTE: 6:55pm On Apr 27, 2021
[quote author=daveyjay post=101166418]0
Cut long story short, last week Tuesday she woke up, had her bath, ate then stepped out briefly, when she returned we were outta water. Tap water of course. She called my attention to it to which I remained calm. Meanwhile I hadn't eaten neither had I bathed. At noon, she came to me that she was hungry but couldn't cook due to unavailability of water, I then asked her if I am to fetch her water??!.

She was probably trying to ask where to find water since she is a visitor and doesn't know how things work in your area. When she called your attention to the unavailability of water she didn't say you should fetch water for her, you could have told her where to fetch water instead of getting worked up. Somebody discussed lack of water with you, instead of telling her where to fetch water, you started assuming she is telling you to fetch water.
This OP sounds like somebody wey no dey keep friends.

She said she was gonn take food stuff to her friend's place (upstairs) to cook.
I replied by asking how many of her friends had lacked water and brought food stuff to cook here??!

What exactly is the problem here? You wanted her to fetch water for you to baff and flush toilet instead of going to her friends house to cook because your accommodating her now means she is your mairuwa.

She got angry and took some money and left

I know you will paint a picture to make yourself look like the good guy on this story. No be today.
How exactly did you talk to her that made her leave angrily? How loud did you shout or how many rude words did you use?
Are you sure you have never done anything offensive to her before this thing happened because even if you have you no go talk am for here. I don already know that one.
Maybe you have even been doing insensitive things to her since and she didn't talk because she is your guest and did not want to offend you.

That same Tuesday, I went to see Chelsea game, when I returned, I asked her if she cooked but she didn't dignify me with her attention talk more of a response.
I thought it was rude but considered it as one of the many tantrums of ladies

You see am? grin
You now expect her to become your cook because you dey accommodate her. And your fellow guys will support you and say she is supposed to cook for you since she is in your house. If a lady accommodating a guy expects the guy to always give her money from time to time, the same guys supporting you go insult am.

On Thursday she repeated the routine, I called her back when she was going out, I asked her if she considered me as her father, brother or boyfriend that she'd wake up and start throwing attitudes...
I made her understand that I am her benefactor.
Hardly did I finish before she left. She returned and continued in same path and that has continued till this very moment...

There is nothing more painful to a person that is receiving help than being reminded that you are helping them. You for kuku tell am make she pack comot your house than reminding her that you are her benefactor like say she no first know. You decided to help a person then you now want to constantly remind them that you are helping them.

Last night she didn't sleep at home, when she returned in the morning, she unlocked the door with her spare, walked in, ate, brushed, dressed and walked out without a single word e come be like say I be ghost.

Who was cooking the food she came in to eat? I am very sure it was not you.

Abeg pack that girls things out of your house let her find her way instead of this pettiness,

Mr benefactor.

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by MrMacinterchi1: 7:13pm On Apr 27, 2021
LOL Lol Lol Lol Lol. You did well. this your action will help to set her straight and also will let her see somethings if she's Wise and perhaps adjusts.

She can leave if she wants.

Keep us posted will what is happening anyway.
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Rocktation(f): 7:14pm On Apr 27, 2021
donvoice:

You said a host not a slave. Does that mean if you visit someone, you can't help them out with anything?

Women and their shallow thinking

Why do some of you even quote people, when it's almost as though your brains can't process written words? How does what you said now, correlate with what I wrote?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 27, 2021
Its safe to say she was expecting this from you hence she kept pulling your strings so dispassionately.

Migrating to the floor in your own house was your greatest undoing. How long were you going to keep up with that cos from the look of things she was gonna be around for a while.

Sorry to say despite your good intentions, you are now the bad guy who suddenly changed his countenance towards her, and she can now accuse you of all sorts of things ranging from not providing water for her to cook despite you being the man of the house to locking her out without caring for her safety.

If you ask me, you should've just kept playing along with your Mr. Nice guy since you started it yourself already.

25 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Mcslize: 8:11pm On Apr 27, 2021
daveyjay:
She go well, na why she feel say she don arrive.

Ordinary pre degree o

Yansh wise or boobs wise? I am asking for a friend. grin

5 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by CHoccolaTE: 8:15pm On Apr 27, 2021
Rocktation:
But she clearly told you that she couldn't cook due to unavailability of water. You are the host and very likely the one with the muscles. I don't see how fetching water for your guest to prep your meal is a big deal. Unless, you want her to pay for the roof over her head, by doing all the house chores, I'm certainly not understanding what really prompted this fight.
There's probably more that you are not telling.

Of course there is more that he isn't telling. Thus story was properly garnished to make the girl look like the bad guy.
Imagine expecting her to cook everyday and fetch water because she is living in his house.

It's the girl I blame for not looking for a female to put up with instead of entitled males

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Kenturkey048(m): 8:22pm On Apr 27, 2021
AfricanGiant91:
Guy, u gently sha o; I swear. Person try dat rubbish wit me, walahi she go meet her bag & baggage's outside

I nearly feel say the op done try something with her for night. If not what effrontery...?

2 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by seanwilliam(m): 8:32pm On Apr 27, 2021
Kingcalls:
Thats the entitlement mentality women have...imagine say u decide to de hammer am , she will do worse... thats the difference between guys and girls...if na man u accommodate freely...he will sleep on the floor and still act like house boy to u...he will b going on errands free for u and will b fetching the water without u knowing that the is water problem...men are more appreciative than woman and never forget the help u gave them when they were in need ... women act like entitled spoilt kids

Daveyjay. You're indeed a very nice man. Infact u did 1 out of 100 things I'll do to her.

Women are very ungrateful , u will know this when u get more closer / live with them.
No matter what , a fellow man cant do this to u..

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by seanwilliam(m): 8:33pm On Apr 27, 2021
CHoccolaTE:

Of course there is more that he isn't telling. Thus story was properly garnished to make the girl look like the bad guy.
Imagine expecting her to cook everyday and fetch water because she is living in his house.

It's the girl I blame for not looking for a female to put up with instead of entitled males

this is a stupid contribution!

A person housing and feeding u is a small ' God' to u regardless of how u look at it!

What is the girl contributing ?

Remember the op is a student too and not a working class.. make una dey use sense abeg

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 27, 2021
Kenturkey048:

I nearly feel say the op done try something with her for night. If not what effrontery...?
True Talk
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by 2rez: 8:39pm On Apr 27, 2021
Op shey u dey whine me ni? Your babe no dey come greet u abi u no get? This matter na simpu sturv. The matter for don arrange na if u get babe.

11 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Atolu01: 8:39pm On Apr 27, 2021
All these small-minded wannabe "gods" sef. Wanting to "help" people, so they can feel better than, and lower, the "helped". Nonsense superiority complex.

1 Like

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by victorogundepo0(m): 8:42pm On Apr 27, 2021
Op, youve done well, if she's reasonable, that your action should reset her brain back to factory mode
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Guynexttdoor: 9:39pm On Apr 27, 2021
LordDarius:

You're trying so hard to sound Intelligent, but you ain't... Sorry Bro, No vex
grin grin grin
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Yoshy: 9:45pm On Apr 27, 2021
OP, you did well...

But since you live in the same house, level down a bit, do not compromise by trying to have sex with her.

See her as your sister and threat her as such.

If she continues her bad attitude them respectfully ask her to leave.

Please Note; people that come our way as such usually have something to contribute to our future...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 27, 2021
I dislike living in people's houses!!! I'm only comfortable being in my own house, I can never be comfortable being or living with someone that's not my relative, I dislike living with people at all, roommates in school and all that I don't like them, that's y I've never co habited with any1 after my past experience with roommates, I like where I'm free do my own thing, I dislike anytime I'm back from work or anywhere I see someone else at home and is worse if the person doesn't go out one bit, mtcheew, nah! Living with people has never been my thing that's while I'm praying to mother nature to make me own my own house in Lagos and others in IMO

10 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by pocohantas(f): 10:01pm On Apr 27, 2021
daveyjay:

Last night she didn't sleep at home, when she returned in the morning, she unlocked the door with her spare, walked in, ate, brushed, dressed and walked out without a single word e come be like say I be ghost.

What I did, I changed the locks, took some stuff, sealed my door with strict instructions to the caretaker then moved to a friends place outside my lodge and I've been there ever since.

She has returned and has been calling my line but I've been ignoring...

Now, is my action too harsh or still in line??!

Thanks for restoring my peace. I was just reading waiting to see the end. I thought you would ask us what you should do, it would have taken some self-control not to use bad words, lol.

Thanks once again. The whole Nigeria is proud of you!!!

37 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 27, 2021
Btw u need to open back to doors and let her in, after that I'm sure she can either decide to adjust her feelings or find her own place instead! But let it be the choice she makes, but continuous locking her out of her property is a criminal act if u don't know
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by pocohantas(f): 10:04pm On Apr 27, 2021
embarassed
Rocktation:
But she clearly told you that she couldn't cook due to unavailability of water. You are the host and very likely the one with the muscles. I don't see how fetching water for your guest to prep your meal is a big deal. Unless, you want her to pay for the roof over her head, by doing all the house chores, I'm certainly not understanding what really prompted this fight.
There's probably more that you are not telling.

If you are staying with people, the least you can do is be useful.

Isn’t this the same reason some women prefer their family visiting, over their husband’s own? So why can’t the little girl fetch the damn water! She no dey fetch water for her papa house? She should fetch it without being told if she was properly raised. It is a daily routine like any other.

There are little things that wins the heart of your host. When next you are coming, they will look forward to having you.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by anthonyuncle(m): 10:05pm On Apr 27, 2021
send her away!

let her leave your place at once.

it's obvious say some guys don dey toast her and she don dey see you as a smallie

6 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Abdanny2000(m): 10:05pm On Apr 27, 2021
You have done well, but next time try to be more wicked than this

8 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Joromi1: 10:05pm On Apr 27, 2021
Is her name Sapphiere? I won't be surprise.

15 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Femeto: 10:06pm On Apr 27, 2021
daveyjay:
Good day NLers, please I need your take on this.
I'm a student in one of Nigeria's prominent public universities.

A girl decided to vie for admission in my school via the predigree programme but she had no accommodation. Because of the relationship between my parents and hers, I offered to take her in from January till now

I offered a roof over her head.

The first night she came, she slept on the floor and I wasn't okay with that, the following night, I told her she could have the bed, I vacated my bed and relegated myself to sleeping on the floor, we can't share same bed since she's neither my babe nor sister. And this sleeping routine has continued ever since then. The floor is my new bed

I gave her my spare key, uncensored access to my kitchen and everything within my legal occupancy.
Cut long story short, last week Tuesday she woke up, had her bath, ate then stepped out briefly, when she returned we were outta water. Tap water of course. She called my attention to it to which I remained calm. Meanwhile I hadn't eaten neither had I bathed. At noon, she came to me that she was hungry but couldn't cook due to unavailability of water, I then asked her if I am to fetch her water??!.

I replied by asking how many of her friends had lacked water and brought food stuff to cook here??!

That same Tuesday, I went to see Chelsea game, when I returned, I asked her if she cooked but she didn't dignify me with her attention talk more of a response.

The following morning, she woke up, acted like I don't exist, couldn't greet... had her bathe and left. Returned, unlocked the door, walked in like I wasn't there, ate, left to her friend's place.

On Thursday she repeated the routine, I called her back when she was going out, I asked her if she considered me as her father, brother or boyfriend that she'd wake up and start throwing attitudes...
Hardly did I finish before she left. She returned and continued in same path and that has continued till this very moment...

What I did, I changed the locks, took some stuff, sealed my door with strict instructions to the caretaker then moved to a friends place outside my lodge and I've been there ever since.

Na now your brain dey work.

5 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Hychineson(m): 10:07pm On Apr 27, 2021
They give you free lash u dull.

3 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 27, 2021
daveyjay:
Good day NLers, please I need your take on this.
I'm a student in one of Nigeria's prominent public universities.

A girl decided to vie for admission in my school via the predigree programme but she had no accommodation. Because of the relationship between my parents and hers, I offered to take her in from January till now

I offered a roof over her head.

The first night she came, she slept on the floor and I wasn't okay with that, the following night, I told her she could have the bed, I vacated my bed and relegated myself to sleeping on the floor, we can't share same bed since she's neither my babe nor sister. And this sleeping routine has continued ever since then. The floor is my new bed

I gave her my spare key, uncensored access to my kitchen and everything within my legal occupancy.

The following morning, she woke up, acted like I don't exist, couldn't greet... had her bathe and left. Returned, unlocked the door, walked in like I wasn't there, ate, left to her friend's place.

Na man you be jare! Nonsense attitude deserves affirmative action.
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Udodiri01: 10:07pm On Apr 27, 2021
Bro remember to update us

5 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by EndBuhariNow(m): 10:07pm On Apr 27, 2021
Women for u to have control over them and dominance you need to do her what ur dad do your mom in secret ... shift her pant tell her it's a most... she acted funny because u wasn't man enough to shift the damn pant
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Sicilyjoe: 10:08pm On Apr 27, 2021
Never judge a case from one side, hear from both side first

7 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by ollins(m): 10:09pm On Apr 27, 2021
The girl secretly winklikes you as in likes you but you no observe her green light hence the attitude

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

20 Best Course With Best Employment In Nigeria / Bride In Wedding Gown Writes UNILAG Masters Entrance Exam / Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.