Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,868 members, 7,802,799 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Accommodating An Insolent Girl - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Accommodating An Insolent Girl (78207 Views)

Advice Concerning : Accommodating An Insolent Girl / Have You Ever Seen An Exam Instruction So Accommodating? / KNUST Ghana Sanction Six Students For Accommodating Opposite Sex After 10pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 27, 2021
Richochett:

You don't have any legal right to lock her out of her personal belongings (e.g clothes). If you're not comfortable with her attitude simply tell her to start looking for accommodation.

Moreover, from your narratives I can't see anywhere the girl has wronged you. You're are just acting bossy because its your house cool

Allow her to enter the house.
Vagina smells around this one and even if he doesn't have one, then he must be a simp.

4 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by addexx: 10:30pm On Apr 27, 2021
daveyjay:
My neighbor called that she's stranded that I should return

bro I'd say you partly caused it from the get go. the way you pampered and hosted her the first week and probably more got into her head and since she's already spoilt and immature, she became used to and entitled to the preferences you gave her. so when you started complaining, it must have felt like you trying to remove the status of being a visitor and all the perks that come with it from her. hence the rebellion.
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:31pm On Apr 27, 2021
Sorry for what happened. But you should have reported her to her parents or yours base on the relatonship that exist between your family and hers istead of locking her out.

4 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by prophetfire: 10:32pm On Apr 27, 2021
daveyjay:
Good day NLers, please I need your take on this.
I'm a student in one of Nigeria's prominent public universities.

A girl decided to vie for admission in my school via the predigree programme but she had no accommodation. Because of the relationship between my parents and hers, I offered to take her in from January till now

I offered a roof over her head.

The first night she came, she slept on the floor and I wasn't okay with that, the following night, I told her she could have the bed, I vacated my bed and relegated myself to sleeping on the floor, we can't share same bed since she's neither my babe nor sister. And this sleeping routine has continued ever since then. The floor is my new bed

I gave her my spare key, uncensored access to my kitchen and everything within my legal occupancy.
Cut long story short, last week Tuesday she woke up, had her bath, ate then stepped out briefly, when she returned we were outta water. Tap water of course. She called my attention to it to which I remained calm. Meanwhile I hadn't eaten neither had I bathed. At noon, she came to me that she was hungry but couldn't cook due to unavailability of water, I then asked her if I am to fetch her water??!.

She said she was gonn take food stuff to her friend's place (upstairs) to cook.
I replied by asking how many of her friends had lacked water and brought food stuff to cook here??!

She got angry and took some money and left

That same Tuesday, I went to see Chelsea game, when I returned, I asked her if she cooked but she didn't dignify me with her attention talk more of a response.
I thought it was rude but considered it as one of the many tantrums of ladies

The following morning, she woke up, acted like I don't exist, couldn't greet... had her bathe and left. Returned, unlocked the door, walked in like I wasn't there, ate, left to her friend's place.

On Thursday she repeated the routine, I called her back when she was going out, I asked her if she considered me as her father, brother or boyfriend that she'd wake up and start throwing attitudes...
I made her understand that I am her benefactor.
Hardly did I finish before she left. She returned and continued in same path and that has continued till this very moment...

Last night she didn't sleep at home, when she returned in the morning, she unlocked the door with her spare, walked in, ate, brushed, dressed and walked out without a single word e come be like say I be ghost.

What I did, I changed the locks, took some stuff, sealed my door with strict instructions to the caretaker then moved to a friends place outside my lodge and I've been there ever since.

She has returned and has been calling my line but I've been ignoring...

Now, is my action too harsh or still in line??!

. Any day I see you, you would have a big drink on me. Keep it up bro.
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Chukabiz(m): 10:32pm On Apr 27, 2021
Does it mean that one mumu called Saphire did not see this thread or did she comment with another username?
This is the kind of thread she usually comes to display her foolishness on.

3 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:32pm On Apr 27, 2021
daveyjay:

A girl decided to vie for admission in my school via the predigree programme but she had no accommodation. Because of the relationship between my parents and hers, I offered to take her in from January till now

The first night she came, she slept on the floor and I wasn't okay with that, the following night, I told her she could have the bed, I vacated my bed and relegated myself to sleeping on the floor, we can't share same bed since she's neither my babe nor sister. And this sleeping routine has continued ever since then. The floor is my new bed

I gave her my spare key, uncensored access to my kitchen and everything within my legal occupancy.
Cut long story short, last week Tuesday she woke up, had her bath, ate then stepped out briefly, when she returned we were outta water. Tap water of course. She called my attention to it to which I remained calm. Meanwhile I hadn't eaten neither had I bathed. At noon, she came to me that she was hungry but couldn't cook due to unavailability of water, I then asked her if I am to fetch her water??!.

I replied by asking how many of her friends had lacked water and brought food stuff to cook here??!

That same Tuesday, I went to see Chelsea game, when I returned, I asked her if she cooked but she didn't dignify me with her attention talk more of a response.

The following morning, she woke up, acted like I don't exist, couldn't greet... had her bathe and left. Returned, unlocked the door, walked in like I wasn't there, ate, left to her friend's place.

On Thursday she repeated the routine, I called her back when she was going out, I asked her if she considered me as her father, brother or boyfriend that she'd wake up and start throwing attitudes...
Hardly did I finish before she left. She returned and continued in same path and that has continued till this very moment...

Last night she didn't sleep at home, when she returned in the morning, she unlocked the door with her spare, walked in, ate, brushed, dressed and walked out without a single word e come be like say I be ghost.

What I did, I changed the locks, took some stuff, sealed my door with strict instructions to the caretaker then moved to a friends place outside my lodge and I've been there ever since.

Do you want the truth or half lie?

She don join bad gang... If it's really your place and you haven't "rubbished yourself before her", then just call her parents and inform them about her attitude, then send her out. Shikena

1 Like

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by MrBONE2(m): 10:33pm On Apr 27, 2021
daveyjay:

Sadly Bwana. Rain might Gwarad her as well this Night cheesy

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by JesusSaves49(m): 10:33pm On Apr 27, 2021
Kingcalls:
Thats the entitlement mentality women have...imagine say u decide to de hammer am , she will do worse... thats the difference between guys and girls...if na man u accommodate freely...he will sleep on the floor and still act like house boy to u...he will b going on errands free for u and will b fetching the water without u knowing that the is water problem...men are more appreciative than woman and never forget the help u gave them when they were in need ... women act like entitled spoilt kids

You spoke my mind
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 27, 2021
The moment you brought her into your house, stuff like this was bound to happen.

Nobody can play with you without your consent.
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by saphiere(f): 10:34pm On Apr 27, 2021
peacesampson:
the did the right thing ..I dnt understand why some persons can't build their character...not that you have been treating her badly ooh..huncle please leave her outside small let her learn her lesson and if eventually she wants to leave..allow her to....
Believing one-sided story? SMH
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Boss13: 10:35pm On Apr 27, 2021
What I don't understand here is why her parents are comfortable with her staying with you, a man who is not related to her. Didn't they analyze the outcome(s) of the situation.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by lilyheaven: 10:35pm On Apr 27, 2021
daveyjay:
What I'm concerned about is how both families will receive the news...

Her parents will believe whatever lie she sells

Hmmm , I’m just wondering how parents will want their girl child to live with a male friend, since January, this is ending of April.
Can’t she stay with her new found girl friends, or are they expecting you to marry her?

11 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by fof1: 10:35pm On Apr 27, 2021
Richochett:

Just chill first, your real pictures will soon surface grin

Bros. Have You changed ur Position? U initially acted intelligent, but that ur First Advice was 2 over 10,Pls. This Current one sounds more Mature... Always Peruse a Matter b4 Jumping into Conclusions next time,Pls.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Geniero: 10:35pm On Apr 27, 2021
This reminds me of a similar experience I had. An hostel mate who had graduated the previous year called that her cousin was coming to take post ume and asked that I accommodate her, that was how I agreed oo. First act, I always fetched water and kept in the house for our use (she came a week to the exam). One evening after lectures, I needed a quick shower and head out to somewhere, there was a bucket of water in the bathroom, as I made attempt to enter the bathroom, next thing I heard was, "bros na that water I go take baff tomorrow oo". I shook, no probs, I quickly rushed and fetched water from the tap (just outside our room oo). Another day I came back from lectures hungry, attempt to eat from the rice I met in the kitchen.. "bros na the food I go eat before I go for tutorials for morning ooo", (food that she cooked with my foodstuff and gas oo), her post ume day, I came back home in the evening to meet 3 strange faces with her.. "bros na my friends, na from here we all go travel tomorrow morning".I slept in a neighbors room that night, I and the neighbor had a good laugh about the experience.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by lilyheaven: 10:36pm On Apr 27, 2021
Boss13:
What I don't understand here is why her parents are comfortable with her staying with you, a man who is not related to her. Didn't they analyze the outcome(s) of the situation.

Bia !
How come you read my mind completely? shocked

3 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Shallow20: 10:37pm On Apr 27, 2021
I support you on all grounds. You accommodated a lady not a guy haba, fetching water for both of you shudnt be a chore to you. She cooks the food and you fetch the water, you can do well by tagging her along if the water you are to fetch will be much. She is more of a Family to you by what you said. They sometimes behave like that, but please dont let the shelter you give to her make you feel bossy. The Earth is round bro. Abeg na my two kobo be this.

You don't have any legal right to lock her out of her personal belongings (e.g clothes). If you're not comfortable with her attitude simply tell her to start looking for accommodation.

Moreover, from your narratives I can't see anywhere the girl has wronged you. You're are just acting bossy because its your house cool

Allow her to enter the house.[/quote]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by ironkurtain(m): 10:37pm On Apr 27, 2021
Richochett:

8 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by iLegendd(m): 10:37pm On Apr 27, 2021
LordDarius:

Maybe, depends on your definition of Intelligent...
No vex, you dull...

Damn! Why are you so heartless like me in a good way. Do you want to kill him with this kind of reply? Don't be heartless. cheesy
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Nyanyafk: 10:37pm On Apr 27, 2021
Nearly same thing happened to me, accommodated a family friends daughter in my final year, her father assured me it would be for a short while as she searches for her own apartment, things were all good in the beginning, I knew she had very little money and I made sure she never lacked food and we rotated doing chores in the house
Many people assumed she was my litttle sister due to how I treated her, fast forward three weeks and I noticed she had changed a lot, she barely goes to school or spends time in the house, it got to a point that she spends most nights in god knows where, I began doing most of the chores at home as she was barely home, she only comes home to eat, wash and bath and then she is off, I didn’t want to get her in trouble with her dad so I had a talk with her and she apologized and started behaving right for a few days then she returned to her habit, I had a talk with her the second time as she had become very wayward and people were starting to notice, she apologized again but She continued in her ways after a few days
Her dad always calls me to check up on her and I always covered for her even when most times I don’t even know where she is for days, when I saw that she wasn’t changing, I opened up to her dad(although I didn’t tell him most of it for her sake) he said he was going to talk to her
Few days later she confronted me laughing that why did I call her dad, I told her it was in her best interest, I noticed her family stopped calling me after that, it was later I got to find out she had told them the reason she wasn’t spending time at home was because I was touching her at night. What pained me about the whole thing was that her father did not even confront me or anything, he just believed her, few months later I kicked her out as she was barely at home and I was tired of explaining to different girls that the female clothes bags and shoes in my house belonged to my sister and not my girlfriend as they had never met her and so they assumed I had a girlfriend I was hiding.
Long story short I got vindicated as some months later that same girl was disowned by her father for being out of control after they fought many times when she got back from school, this same girl has apologized to me countless times and has tried on so many occasion to befriend me again, I just told her I hold no grudges against her but I don’t want us to be in contact.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by stagger: 10:38pm On Apr 27, 2021
daveyjay:
Bossy by vacating my bed and sleeping on the floor since January??!
Bossy by tolerating her insolent behaviour for one full week??!

C'mon

Why are you replying that Richotet thing? You should know those whose power of comprehension and reasoning is below that of pigs. Even animals do not tolerate such insolence.

2 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by NevetsIbot(m): 10:39pm On Apr 27, 2021
Rocktation:
But she clearly told you that she couldn't cook due to unavailability of water. You are the host and very likely the one with the muscles. I don't see how fetching water for your guest to prep your meal is a big deal. Unless, you want her to pay for the roof over her head, by doing all the house chores, I'm certainly not understanding what really prompted this fight.
There's probably more that you are not telling.

Here I am, disappointed in this comment and the fact that it came from you........... You call someone’s that has been staying with someone since January a guest?

She doesn’t fetch water in her own fathers house??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by jacoik(m): 10:40pm On Apr 27, 2021
daveyjay:

you acted like a man bro. I just love your gut
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Bebson007(m): 10:41pm On Apr 27, 2021
tell us the gospel truth. Hav u yansh the girl?
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by NevetsIbot(m): 10:41pm On Apr 27, 2021
Nyanyafk:
Nearly same thing happened to me, accommodated a family friends daughter in my final year, her father assured me it would be for a short while as she searches for her own apartment, things were all good in the beginning, I knew she had very little money and I made sure she never lacked food and we rotated doing chores in the house
Many people assumed she was my litttle sister due to how I treated her, fast forward three weeks and I noticed she had changed a lot, she barely goes to school or spends time in the house, it got to a point that she spends most nights in god knows where, I began doing most of the chores at home as she was barely home, she only comes home to eat, wash and bath and then she is off, I didn’t want to get her in trouble with her dad so I had a talk with her and she apologized and started behaving right for a few days then she returned to her habit, I had a talk with her the second time as she had become very wayward and people were starting to notice, she apologized again but She continued in her ways after a few days
Her dad always calls me to check up on her and I always covered for her even when most times I don’t even know where she is for days, when I saw that she wasn’t changing, I opened up to her dad(although I didn’t tell him most of it for her sake) he said he was going to talk to her
Few days later she confronted me laughing that why did I call her dad, I told her it was in her best interest, I noticed her family stopped calling me after that, it was later I got to find out she had told them the reason she wasn’t spending time at home was because I was touching her at night. What pained me about the whole thing was that her father did not even confront me or anything, he just believed her, few months later I kicked her out as she was barely at home and I was tired of explaining to different girls that the female clothes bags and shoes in my house belonged to my sister and not my girlfriend as they had never met her and so they assumed I had a girlfriend I was hiding.
Long story short I got vindicated as some months later that same girl was disowned by her father for being out of control after they fought many times when she got back from school, this same girl has apologized to me countless times and has tried on so many occasion to befriend me again, I just told her I hold no grudges against her but I don’t want us to be in contact.

Wawuuuuu.... Me wey no Dey gree make person stay with me for a week .... I for don change anyhow from the first time

2 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by isaiahethan: 10:41pm On Apr 27, 2021
daveyjay:

To hell with your neighbour. Nice one
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by ustanejnr(m): 10:41pm On Apr 27, 2021
daveyjay:

Two things are involve,
1, you done try to gbash her or
2, She's having feelings for you.

2 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 27, 2021
That's naija babes for you, give them hand dem go reach elbow. Abuse you on top, ungrateful leeches.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by jacoik(m): 10:43pm On Apr 27, 2021
daveyjay:

guy please try and travel small like one week and before you come back no be person go tell her to find her level. very stupid and arrogant bitch
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by JIBO4REAL(m): 10:43pm On Apr 27, 2021
Havertz10:
Ibadan polytechnic logic

She is a guest, there are no prerequisites for what and what's not she is supposed to do, is she supposed to serve him as payment for the accommodation, last last we know say you be cast.

Do you know what really a guest his , after some months staying with him , She’s not more a guest again
The girl lack of home training that’s why she’s behaving like that and in other side I can’t blame her non matter what you did to a woman you didn’t do anything when you refuse to do a small need
I think the guy do the right thing for self respect
It’s gonna better if you let your mum knows what’s going on before you take a final decision

3 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by simhosting: 10:44pm On Apr 27, 2021
Expect this line of story.

You tried to sleep with her

She refused and you evicted her.

5 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by 2elliot: 10:44pm On Apr 27, 2021
Richochett:

Oh god, na which kind wahala be this na?! I was enjoying comments until your useless comment came. Shey u wan help d girl sue op ba as per legal legal things? If op sey him no know her and does not have her property with him, she go fit prove, as per her name dey for the house rent receipt ¿

3 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by jacoik(m): 10:45pm On Apr 27, 2021
Kingcalls:
Thats the entitlement mentality women have...imagine say u decide to de hammer am , she will do worse... thats the difference between guys and girls...if na man u accommodate freely...he will sleep on the floor and still act like house boy to u...he will b going on errands free for u and will b fetching the water without u knowing that the is water problem...men are more appreciative than woman and never forget the help u gave them when they were in need ... women act like entitled spoilt kids
you said it all my brother. no wonder God said he regret creating woman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Miracle Anele, Rivers University SUG President & His Bodyguard (Photos) / 'No Be Say I No Go Pay! They Go Flog Tire' T-shirt For Warri Schoolgirl, Success / 20 Best Course With Best Employment In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.