Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Accommodating An Insolent Girl - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Accommodating An Insolent Girl (78235 Views)

Advice Concerning : Accommodating An Insolent Girl / Have You Ever Seen An Exam Instruction So Accommodating? / KNUST Ghana Sanction Six Students For Accommodating Opposite Sex After 10pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Mypeople2(m): 10:57pm On Apr 27, 2021
daveyjay:
Good day NLers, please I need your take on this.
I'm a student in one of Nigeria's prominent public universities.

A girl decided to vie for admission in my school via the predigree programme but she had no accommodation. Because of the relationship between my parents and hers, I offered to take her in from January till now

I offered a roof over her head.

The first night she came, she slept on the floor and I wasn't okay with that, the following night, I told her she could have the bed, I vacated my bed and relegated myself to sleeping on the floor, we can't share same bed since she's neither my babe nor sister. And this sleeping routine has continued ever since then. The floor is my new bed

I gave her my spare key, uncensored access to my kitchen and everything within my legal occupancy.
Cut long story short, last week Tuesday she woke up, had her bath, ate then stepped out briefly, when she returned we were outta water. Tap water of course. She called my attention to it to which I remained calm. Meanwhile I hadn't eaten neither had I bathed. At noon, she came to me that she was hungry but couldn't cook due to unavailability of water, I then asked her if I am to fetch her water??!.

She said she was gonn take food stuff to her friend's place (upstairs) to cook.
I replied by asking how many of her friends had lacked water and brought food stuff to cook here??!

She got angry and took some money and left

That same Tuesday, I went to see Chelsea game, when I returned, I asked her if she cooked but she didn't dignify me with her attention talk more of a response.
I thought it was rude but considered it as one of the many tantrums of ladies

The following morning, she woke up, acted like I don't exist, couldn't greet... had her bathe and left. Returned, unlocked the door, walked in like I wasn't there, ate, left to her friend's place.

On Thursday she repeated the routine, I called her back when she was going out, I asked her if she considered me as her father, brother or boyfriend that she'd wake up and start throwing attitudes...
I made her understand that I am her benefactor.
Hardly did I finish before she left. She returned and continued in same path and that has continued till this very moment...

Last night she didn't sleep at home, when she returned in the morning, she unlocked the door with her spare, walked in, ate, brushed, dressed and walked out without a single word e come be like say I be ghost.

What I did, I changed the locks, took some stuff, sealed my door with strict instructions to the caretaker then moved to a friends place outside my lodge and I've been there ever since.

She has returned and has been calling my line but I've been ignoring...

Now, is my action too harsh or still in line??!

My guy sleeping on the floor is a no no no for me .Na everytime person dey sleep with he babe for bed? Nor dey sleep for ground because you think you may sex with a lady ...Just forgive her ..Na small pikin sense dey do her

2 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Nobody: 10:57pm On Apr 27, 2021
You were too lenient with her. She wants to see you finish.
But u did well. You are not harsh. If I were you, I will throw her things out of my house. Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by SIRRITE: 10:57pm On Apr 27, 2021
Richochett:

You don't have any legal right to lock her out of her personal belongings (e.g clothes). If you're not comfortable with her attitude simply tell her to start looking for accommodation.

Moreover, from your narratives I can't see anywhere the girl has wronged you. You're are just acting bossy because its your house cool

Allow her to enter the house.

Ok let her go rent her own house cos two bos can't stay in one house

3 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Atasieogadi(m): 10:57pm On Apr 27, 2021
Good
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by GreatDamife(m): 10:59pm On Apr 27, 2021
[b][/b]
daveyjay:

A girl decided to vie for admission in my school via the predigree programme but she had no accommodation. Because of the relationship between my parents and hers, I offered to take her in from January till now

The first night she came, she slept on the floor and I wasn't okay with that, the following night, I told her she could have the bed, I vacated my bed and relegated myself to sleeping on the floor, we can't share same bed since she's neither my babe nor sister. And this sleeping routine has continued ever since then. The floor is my new bed

I gave her my spare key, uncensored access to my kitchen and everything within my legal occupancy.
Cut long story short, last week Tuesday she woke up, had her bath, ate then stepped out briefly, when she returned we were outta water. Tap water of course. She called my attention to it to which I remained calm. Meanwhile I hadn't eaten neither had I bathed. At noon, she came to me that she was hungry but couldn't cook due to unavailability of water, I then asked her if I am to fetch her water??!.

I replied by asking how many of her friends had lacked water and brought food stuff to cook here??!

That same Tuesday, I went to see Chelsea game, when I returned, I asked her if she cooked but she didn't dignify me with her attention talk more of a response.

The following morning, she woke up, acted like I don't exist, couldn't greet... had her bathe and left. Returned, unlocked the door, walked in like I wasn't there, ate, left to her friend's place.

On Thursday she repeated the routine, I called her back when she was going out, I asked her if she considered me as her father, brother or boyfriend that she'd wake up and start throwing attitudes...
Hardly did I finish before she left. She returned and continued in same path and that has continued till this very moment...

Last night she didn't sleep at home, when she returned in the morning, she unlocked the door with her spare, walked in, ate, brushed, dressed and walked out without a single word e come be like say I be ghost.

What I did, I changed the locks, took some stuff, sealed my door with strict instructions to the caretaker then moved to a friends place outside my lodge and I've been there ever since.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by flokii: 10:59pm On Apr 27, 2021
@OP this your story get k-leg o.. how is it possible for a girl you're helping to start giving you attitude like that?

You sure say you never debe? abi you dey press brezz for night grin

Even from your writeup, you're not ready to let her go.. All these 'lion and goat' play sha.

7 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by SIRRITE: 10:59pm On Apr 27, 2021
benjanny:
If all you said here are true,definitely you are a very gentle fellow.

Don't leave her outside because of the dangers in school environment, you shall be held responsible for anything that happen to her because her parent is aware that you are accommodating the ingrate.
Warn her to behave herself if she refuse evict her from your house.

That reminds me of my time in Federal polytechnic Nekede Owerri,I have a stupid roommate,he was in ND1 while I was in my finals then,I met him through someone, by the time we meet,I have already equipped the room,he only came with his cloths.This guy never one day wash our bedspread or curtains,he doesn't care about our room properties like our buckets and the rest. Even if I wash our curtains and bedspread, when am not around he will take them in to spread on our foam or fix the curtains as they were washed.He can see our bucket or our Jerrycans outside and and he will not take them in

So as I graduated,he asked me to give him those curtains bucket,Jerrycans and the rest,but u refuse and gave it out to other people.How can I give you something you never cherished or valued?! who does that

Which danger are u talking about, as though she as not slept outside before
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 27, 2021
Mexzy4sho:

Bro, I off cap for you. Best response to someone like that....
You be confirm man...The girl no get sense. lock your door.
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by NAETTE: 11:00pm On Apr 27, 2021
If all you've said is true, then you're too nice.
I won't deny her access to her personal belongings, I'll carefully move out all her stuff, then sit outside to guard them till she returns, I'll stretch my hands and collect my keys from her (no verbal communication), I'll enter back inside my room. Shebi she has made friends and now sleeps over at their lodge.
At this point, she won't be the one calling me, na her parents and mine go dey call me, and I won't pick cause of course my phone was silently charging at my neighbours room (my response when I finally pick their call). She's lucky, I don't have no time for nonsense.

You vacated your bed for her, probably she felt you were in love with her, as you no come toast her, her attitude change, she forget say na your name dey receipt.

[/quote]

6 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Iseoluwani: 11:01pm On Apr 27, 2021
daveyjay:

I love ur gut man. Don't because of parent , frustrate urself to death na
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Obimiz: 11:01pm On Apr 27, 2021
I cannot accommodate someone who's not my sister or related to me for that long ooo.
Does she even have a parent atall? To permit their daughter to stay with a guy who is not a blood relation in the room alone, haba.
I cannot permit my sister to do that talk more of daughter.
It's too risky, I don't advise anybody to do that, nor matter how much you trust the fellow.

My guy, I salute your level of discipline.

6 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by greggng: 11:01pm On Apr 27, 2021
daveyjay:

This is very complicated . First u are not family menbers. ...the chances are there for u guys to catch feeling for each other and start knacking like mad...on no account will I share room with a lady that is not my sister ...The earlier she gets her own room the better for her

5 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Atasieogadi(m): 11:02pm On Apr 27, 2021
flokii:
@OP this your story get k-leg o.. how is it possible for a girl you're helping to start giving you attitude like that?

You sure say you never debe? abi you dey press brezz for night grin

Even from your writeup, you're not ready to let her go.. All these 'lion and goat' play sha.

Hmmm
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by ImpactCrater: 11:02pm On Apr 27, 2021
daveyjay:

you did nothing wrong and infact, you are a good person.
it is the fault of the stupid girl's parents. she lacks home training and must have learnt the malicious attitude from the mother.
I could atleast have beaten her up before sending her packing.
you should notvhave left the bed for her just because she is a woman. that is what made her feel entitled.

2 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Rocktation(f): 11:02pm On Apr 27, 2021
NevetsIbot:

Here I am, disappointed in this comment and the fact that it came from you........... You call someone’s that has been staying with someone since January a guest?

She doesn’t fetch water in her own fathers house??

Well, what if she doesn't? She was going to cook. Have the decency to admit that that is no easy chore in itself. Cooking is a social construct and not hardwired to women's gene, so y'all better stop thinking it's a non issue. Unless clearly defined from the get-go, every help you render shouldn't involve a quid pro quo, anyways.

And you're disappointed in me? Awwww smiley

1 Like

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Pcstradamus(m): 11:03pm On Apr 27, 2021
Are you well? If you were close to me , I would given you a dirty slap to reset your empty skull full of water melon.. Idiat
Richochett:

You don't have any legal right to lock her out of her personal belongings (e.g clothes). If you're not comfortable with her attitude simply tell her to start looking for accommodation.

Moreover, from your narratives I can't see anywhere the girl has wronged you. You're are just acting bossy because its your house cool

5 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by KillJoy62(m): 11:03pm On Apr 27, 2021
I hope it is raining cus that's the best time to lock her outside �

2 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by flokii: 11:04pm On Apr 27, 2021
Ninejaywon:
You were too lenient with her. She wants to see you finish.
But u did well. You are not harsh. If I were you, I will throw her things out of my house. Nonsense

Na real SEE FINISH..

She lives with him, cooks, eat his foodstuffs, collect his money.. wetin remain?.
I'm sure the girl is feeling entitled already thinking she is the woman of the house.

2 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by pocohantas(f): 11:05pm On Apr 27, 2021
OP I hope you are calm now? cheesy

Allow her enter and sleep for the night o. Tomorrow she can leave. Yea, she has to leave at this point because it would most likely not end well again.

5 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Osanoghodua1: 11:05pm On Apr 27, 2021
I won't keep a female room mate save she is my relationship. Not even a girl if I had one while.ik school! Take her to leave . It's a bad move

2 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Kirinwa: 11:05pm On Apr 27, 2021
daveyjay:

Lol. You shouldn't overdo it. She's entitled to take her stuff if you're tired of her.

But that's how some wives behave. It calls for maturity.
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by shalomm10: 11:07pm On Apr 27, 2021
[quote author=daveyjay post=101166418]Good day NLers, please I need your take on this.

It’s actually serves her right. But also you have to look at the relationship you have with her parent and keep doing it for their sake.
Meanwhile have you tried reporting to her parents?

2 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Hassanmaye(m): 11:07pm On Apr 27, 2021
Mexzy4sho:

Bro, I off cap for you. Best response to someone like that....

Wicked boy grin
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by WorldRichest: 11:08pm On Apr 27, 2021
Richochett:

This one is suffering from psychiatric disorders and mental imbalance

4 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 27, 2021
daveyjay:

The girl should vacate your apartment before she puts you into trouble... she fit accuse you of rape one day and they will believe her. Her parents know her character well. Better to answer a bad person than to answer rapist which you are not. Don't allow her to sleep in your apartment again.

5 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by litaninja(m): 11:09pm On Apr 27, 2021
Who be dis one?
Richochett:

3 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Anaerobi(m): 11:09pm On Apr 27, 2021
someone is already deciving d senseless girl.

4 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by 2elliot: 11:10pm On Apr 27, 2021
bigtt76:
You took her in because of your family relationship, don't let ego sore that. Be the bigger person and let her know you no longer want her to stay with you instead of locking her out. BTW she probably see you as her boyfriend

No, she doesn't see him as a boyfriend. Her stay in the school environment has given her some sense of security especially as regards new friends she has made. I think she no longer needs the op as her options have increased, either a boyfriend or females friend has given her an assurance to live with them.
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Number1benue: 11:11pm On Apr 27, 2021
daveyjay:
My neighbor called that she's stranded that I should return

E be like your neighbour want make Devil punish am there. Oga better tell him to mind his business.............. She should be stranded and unstranded at the same time self. I hate what I don't like. I have noticed that with Nigerian women once you gift them free things they don't appreciate it, rather they begin to see you as mumu or their maga...........bloody parasites l.

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Kabieyesi: 11:11pm On Apr 27, 2021
I wanted to say you are a dummy until I read your Conclusion...she must be madding in colour �. What arrogance, what impetus. Both of you must be Yoruba's bcoz na our people dey behave like that. One idiot boy tried it with me back then in school, mo da eru werey sita kiakia

seyz91:
I remove cap for you bro

your maturity is one of a kind

Firstly i comment you for not disrespecting yourself, calling her and talking to her saying if she had considered you a father, brother or boyfriend, i love that part so you so good

you did very good and if i were in your shoe i would do exactly thesame thing

Thats how girls are genrally, ingrate being they are, maybe she has seen someone at school deceiving her and praising her with some sweet words in the name of toasters

and all na scam cuz dem just won enter inside them pant ni

vagina people generally are useless

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply)

20 Best Course With Best Employment In Nigeria / Bride In Wedding Gown Writes UNILAG Masters Entrance Exam / Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.