Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu (10436 Views)

AFCON Qualifier: Eguavoen To Lead Super Eagles Again / Jude Ighalo Has Not Reversed His Decision To Retire / Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu by robosky02(m): 1:12pm On Apr 27, 2021
Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again -Fashanu

Former England international, John Fashanu has admonished Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr to work with the current crop of players in his disposal than to recall Odion Ighalo to the senior national team.

Ighalo retired from the Super Eagles after the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, where he finished as the top scorer of the competition.

Though reports in the media have suggested that Ighalo could be recalled to the Super Eagles, however, Fashanu has kicked against such a move by the German tactician.

In an interview with an online media, Fashanu stated that recalling Ighalo back to the team may be to the disadvantage of the younger players regardless of his experience.

“The only thing Ighalo has to offer to the national team is his experience, it is not his ability because there are players who are far better than him and we know that.

“If Rohr wants to bring him in because he stabilises the squad, it is fine. I remember when I was in my 30s and the manager kept bringing me back, it wasn’t because I was a great player but I gave the team confidence. And that might also be the reason why Rohr wants to bring him back but other than that his time is gone.

“Ighalo is in his 30s and in Nigeria we have fantastic prospects that are fighting to get that spot but not all of them can make the squad.

‘If you keep playing the older players it is at the detriment of the younger players. It is high time we start seeing 17, 18-year-old geniuses in the national team. “Where there is no talent the coach may consider bringing him back but there are so many talents and it would be very wrong to bring him back at this stage.”
https://www.completesports.com/ighalo-has-nothing-to-offer-super-eagles-again-fashanu/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu by qualityovenbake(m): 1:14pm On Apr 27, 2021
He should be more interested in England soccer team the three lion.

In his playing days, he chose to play for England ahead of Nigeria.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu by TripleDdotcom: 1:16pm On Apr 27, 2021
I think he makes f**king sense.

My wisdom is not that great though so I could be wrong. undecided

By the way, please check my signature and patronize us for your data. Na beg I dey beg. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu by robosky02(m): 1:17pm On Apr 27, 2021
Truely the Rohr is confused

Imagine the fire this boy have in Europe and he is still going for?

6 Likes

Re: Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu by PlayMaker14: 1:19pm On Apr 27, 2021
The difference between Gernot Rohr and General Buhari is just the color of their skin.

They reason alike... Appointing old and warn out politicians (players) to their team.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu by Starrbboyy(m): 1:27pm On Apr 27, 2021
With the young emerging strikers we have these days
Re: Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu by Perviewmades: 1:28pm On Apr 27, 2021
Really

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu by sotall(m): 1:28pm On Apr 27, 2021
undecided

An advise coming from someone who didn't play for Nigeria despite being qualified to...

Oga pack well and face England

6 Likes

Re: Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu by HEAVEN4444: 1:28pm On Apr 27, 2021
grin
Re: Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:28pm On Apr 27, 2021
John Fash, una get quarrel before?!

Never say NEVER biko.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu by NwaNimo1(m): 1:29pm On Apr 27, 2021

4 Likes

Re: Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu by Lanre4uonly(m): 1:32pm On Apr 27, 2021
Whether Ighalo has nothing to offer or not, the most important thing is for Gernot Rohr to have a reliable squad for the Super Eagles that can compete competitively at the world stage.

5 Likes

Re: Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu by femi4: 1:32pm On Apr 27, 2021
qualityovenbake:

He's Nigerian ambassador
Re: Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu by femi4: 1:33pm On Apr 27, 2021
Fash chose England over Nigeria, he's not a good source of advice when it comes to Nigeria football

7 Likes

Re: Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu by 77star: 1:33pm On Apr 27, 2021
Rohr
Wey no know wetin dey do am
Who knows maybe Ighalo don settle rohr and some top officials, so as to come back

Bunch of corrupted pple

Upon all the numerous talents that could fill the position Ighalo left
Re: Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu by Bedrooomsecret: 1:34pm On Apr 27, 2021
Young people should be encouraged to join football, these guys need younger replacement.
I can see potbelly there grin, sports is for young people in their teens and at most 20's.
But in Nigeria, even my father's age mate can still be representing the country in sports
Re: Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu by IKBARUTEN11(m): 1:42pm On Apr 27, 2021
A
Re: Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu by Wickedfacts: 1:53pm On Apr 27, 2021
Did Fashanu himself offer Super Eagles anything?
Re: Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu by omonnakoda: 1:55pm On Apr 27, 2021
qualityovenbake:

That is when he was in the world, before he travelled to Damascus

1 Like

Re: Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu by Sleekfingers: 1:56pm On Apr 27, 2021
qualityovenbake:

and so? Is he not a nigerian? He chose to play for England , amd that was his choice......

Let me tell no sensible player would want want to play for nigeria, if their european country call them to play for them.....most of them play for nigeria because they were not chosen.......is like telling dele ali to come and play for this useless country.......na when those players no get choice again, dem go come dey play for naija.....

1 Like

Re: Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu by Fragility6: 1:57pm On Apr 27, 2021
But will support clubs to sign older players to add experience to the squad. Some pple no just bright
Re: Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu by Seniorwriter(m): 1:59pm On Apr 27, 2021
Opinion heard....time will tell.

Deep Quote
No one is useless until dead.

@Seniorwriter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu by Fragility6: 2:00pm On Apr 27, 2021
PlayMaker14:
The difference between Gernot Rohr and General Buhari is just the color of their skin.

They reason alike... Appointing old and warn out politicians (players) to their team.
Ibra,ronaldo,pepe,dyzuba na how many years? But dem still dey play 4 dier national team. Some of una go wan form smart.
Re: Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu by ofiko123(m): 2:06pm On Apr 27, 2021
Not really sure about that though..
Re: Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu by Sleekfingers: 2:08pm On Apr 27, 2021
PlayMaker14:

u are very correct

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hifl 2019: Lead City University Takes On UNIBADAN In Ibadan Derby / Why Nigeria Must Qualify For 2014 World Cup / AFCON 2021: Senegal Vs Guinea (0 - 0) -On 14th January 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.