Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,021 members, 7,803,425 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? (13937 Views)

What Is Your Salary At Hand ? / Lady Caught On CCTV Dancing Outside Her New Place Of Work After Getting A Job / I Got A Job Without Knowing Any Senator, Minister Or Anybody In Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? by WowSweetGuy(m): 5:07pm On Apr 27, 2021
Work place was trekkable from home so I trek tire my shadow even left me and entered bike one day

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? by EasternActivist: 5:08pm On Apr 27, 2021
And Federal jobs are like 3 months without pay... cry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? by ennyj01(m): 5:08pm On Apr 27, 2021
unamamatoto:
Alpha male online... Imbecileeeeee simp offline

How does your post relate to the thread?
Put me through your thought process real quick undecided

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? by Ameboperoo(m): 5:10pm On Apr 27, 2021
Chuksmonika:
that is why loan apps are there bro, download as many as you want from playstore, get loans from them, then repay them when you recieve your salary.
I did this but badly regretted it. These loan apps can put you in trouble. Run from them. Thank God for my family members who came to my rescue.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? by Queenserah26(f): 5:16pm On Apr 27, 2021
grin
Hemanwel:
Bro, nor be small thing o!

Where I presently work, I started it on 29th September last year. O boy, the month of October na die!!! 31 days in October appeared to be like 6 months. I trekked like there was no tomorrow. But I give God the glory for making me stronger.
Re: How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? by heybeebugatty(m): 5:16pm On Apr 27, 2021
Not easy at all
Re: How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? by vickydevoka(m): 5:19pm On Apr 27, 2021
Chuksmonika:
that is why loan apps are there bro, download as many as you want from playstore, get loans from them, then repay them when you recieve your salary.
Bro. I de owe those people reach 100k. I no fit pay. N I don't think I will pay, unless I get careless 200k. Borrowing is bad. I don throw way de a card n sim way I take borrow

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 27, 2021
The first school I got was a walking distance. So I didn't need to fret about bus fare.

As for feeding, it was God that helped me. As I was able to convince the school that I'll be the one supplying them with my subject textbook to which they agreed and luckily for me it was the beginning of a new session.

So i struck a deal with a publisher colleague of mine to help him market his books. He worked a very good percentage for me and with the proceeds i made from the sales of the books, I lived like a queen before pay came. grin. Aww... Jesus you love me too much ooo..

God has always helped me though.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? by vickydevoka(m): 5:20pm On Apr 27, 2021
stacyadams:
Transportation and feeding on d First month of ur job?
Bros don't borrow from app. U will end up not paying. Unless u are been paid 100 plus.
Re: How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 5:21pm On Apr 27, 2021
stacyadams:
first thing I did was ask my fre friends if they knew any one who stayed around my axis and works around Lekki axis who had a car and would let me hitch rides...... I found one and though I resume at 10am while the lady left home at 5am so she can resume at 6am, I had to wake up every morning at 4am and get ready then leave my house at 4:45 to meet her at a fuel station and she drops me off at Elf bus stop. This happened for about 5 months then I became friends with a keke rider who lived in my area but leaves home as early as 5am also and rides all the way to Victoria island where he did his keke riding during the day and in the evening at about 6:30pm he calls me to meet him up at Elf bus stop and he takes me all the way home all for free... In reciprocating his kind gesture to me, I gave him 2 different phones I was using but had to give away when I was upgrading. We are still friends till date and now I have a car.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? by GboyegaD(m): 5:21pm On Apr 27, 2021
I think I was lucky. My parents saw me through my first two months of work.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? by Nopretence: 5:23pm On Apr 27, 2021
Is not easy for the first two months I belief the last probation period will be better,
stacyadams:
Re: How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 27, 2021
Many of us faces this predicament.Very terrible country.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 27, 2021
Chuksmonika:
So they will just give a loan like that without collateral?
Re: How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? by SavageResponse(m): 5:28pm On Apr 27, 2021
Chuksmonika:

OP if you take this advise you will enter a debt trap from which you will not be able to come out angry

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 27, 2021
WowSweetGuy:
Work place was trekkable from home so I trek tire my shadow even left me and entered bike one day

Lol... Mehnn.. you really cracked me up with this. grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? by Hassanmaye(m): 5:31pm On Apr 27, 2021
Chuksmonika:
Wow
Re: How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? by Hassanmaye(m): 5:32pm On Apr 27, 2021
Kusheer:
If garri don dey house and my leg still dey active
I don't pray for that kind of life again
May God save us in this country
Re: How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? by Hassanmaye(m): 5:33pm On Apr 27, 2021
jibrilELsudan:
I fvcked my boss as payment.
You are not serious
Re: How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? by caandi: 5:37pm On Apr 27, 2021
It was hard for me but I thank God for all.

Hello fam. Please help a sister. Pls support me by watching and subscribing to my YouTube channel by pressing the link bellow��������

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QelelC4-n_s
Pls subscribe!!!
Re: How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? by OceanEye: 5:41pm On Apr 27, 2021
iLegendd:
I coped by never getting a job in the first place.

This is the best answer so far. There is always a hidden truth in real sarcasm.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? by TenderManiac: 5:43pm On Apr 27, 2021
How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand?
This is my current situation. Firstly, I thank God for giving me a means in this mean-economic regime. To cap the story, "it isn't easy."

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? by Liveordie: 5:46pm On Apr 27, 2021
A big thank you to my cousin who gave me accommodation at his place and even transport for 3 whole month. He even gave me money for my first rent. That's my story on how I coped... Thanks cousin, God bless you and your family

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? by fatymore(f): 5:48pm On Apr 27, 2021
Chuksmonika:

Ignore this advice, God forbid you to start your first salary with debt repayment.

Don't be shy ask from friends and neighbors or come to nairaland /twitter and solicit for funds

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? by olumbest(m): 5:53pm On Apr 27, 2021
This is the current situation for me.
So far:

* Borrowed from my neighbour
* Collect some from my brother
* Help few colleagues perform little tasks
* Trek some, transport some

The transportation (abt 1200) and feeding in this regime is not easy at all.
Las las we go dey ok.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? by IyaTola: 5:55pm On Apr 27, 2021
This is the best time you need your church Pastors

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

More Jobs as Federal Government Considers Establishing 'national Guard' / Buhari Should Approve The Recruitment Of 155,000 Police Officers - IGP Idris / Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.