Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,703 members, 7,802,094 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Curfew In North Affects Prices In South - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Curfew In North Affects Prices In South (7720 Views)

Aliyu Congratulates Buhari, Declares Curfew In Niger / Fayose Imposes Dusk To Dawn Curfew In Ekiti / Governor Yero Imposes 24 Hour Curfew In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by Dawgpound: 11:45pm On Apr 24, 2011
Self-hatred is killing you and u are very ignorant. I doubt your Igbo links because things that u just said about Igbo ppl sound just like what some1 who is not Igbo and have not been around them will say. I hope u know Igbo ppl are also part of so called ND. They make up a large population as well.
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by jason123: 11:48pm On Apr 24, 2011
Dawgpound:

So having militants makes u a Niger-deltan? Lol honestly guys I am more interested in my Ogoni identity and well-being than any BS called ND. I mean its just a blanket name used to describe some diverse civilizations. I am Ogoni 1st. Now carry your yeye ND u Edo swine. Since when did u Yoruba ppl even matter to us?
Total exhibition of silliness and inferiority complex. Since when did Edo= Yoruba I quite agree that the ND is just a blanket name and that has never for once left my memory but my enemy's enemy is my friend and that is the situation of the ND. If you split from that "blanket name", you will simply be used, recolonized and absorbed by the Igbo or Yoruba. Personally, I prefer (JUST ME  not my people ooo!)the Edos closely followed by the Yorubas but a Southern Nigeria will be better than individual republics. Btw, I will not degenerate myself to start insulting your ethnic group, its immature so grow up.
PS: you do not speak for the Ogonis.
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by olaolabiy: 11:55pm On Apr 24, 2011
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by Dawgpound: 11:57pm On Apr 24, 2011
Neither do u speak for whatever insignificant tribe u claim as yours. I don't see Ogoni getting re-absolved by the Igbo bcause #1 we were never under the Igbo or absolved by the Igbo. As small we are in # we have maintained our own. I don't fear the Igbo. I am not paranoid. Yoruba absolve us? Geographically that will not happen. We are not even related to them in any stretch. Maybe the Igbo but definitely Yoruba.
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by jason123: 12:01am On Apr 25, 2011
Dawgpound:

Neither do u speak for whatever insignificant tribe u claim as yours. I don't see Ogoni getting re-absolved by the Igbo bcause #1 we were never under the Igbo or absolved by the Igbo. As small we are in # we have maintained our own. I don't fear the Igbo. I am not paranoid. Yoruba absolve us? Geographically that will not happen. We are not even related to them in any stretch. Maybe the Igbo but definitely Yoruba.
I already said and maintained through out this forum that I do not speak for people because I think its hypocritical.
Btw, I said any group that leaves that "blanket name" is at risk of being colonised by their NEAREST majority group. Fact!!! Btw, Ogonis are just about 50 000 or so and yet you call my ethnic group insignificant?? LOL. Anyway sha . . . . undecided
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by Arosa(m): 12:08am On Apr 25, 2011
From Wikipedia
Ogoni people are one of the many indigenous peoples in the region of southeast Nigeria. They share common oil related environmental problem with the Ijaw people of Niger Delta, but Ogonis are not listed in the list of people historically belonging to Niger Delta. They number about one point five million people and live in a 404-square-mile (1,050 km2) homeland which they also refer to as Ogoni, or Ogoniland
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by Dawgpound: 12:10am On Apr 25, 2011
Ogoni are about 500,000 to 700,000. You are Itsekiri? Well who even knows about you? What have u accomplished? What did you contribute towards the ND struggle except run behind the Yoruba everytime Ijaw boiz land to kick ur butts. We fought hard to get oil companies off our land. Even when the Igbo didn't bother to help us out physically because of their issue with our leader Wiwa we pressed on. We get respect. We are known. No I am Ogoni 1st. No point pretending to be all that cooked identity. I love u but if ND is just about ur fear of Igbo ppl then count us out. Akwaibom ppl I noticed aren't too keen on ND project bcause like my dad said its a name and movement born out of paranoia.
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by Nobody: 12:14am On Apr 25, 2011
We've not even broken up and you are already on each others neck, wonderful. Pls be peaceful at least for the main time so that we the hausa/fulani can get to go our way.

Now as for ekt_bear, if niger wants to join you then why not, its their choice to make. But do you mean now you want ibb to come join you after all the fuss about him? Such Hypocrites
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by jason123: 12:19am On Apr 25, 2011
Dawgpound:

Ogoni are about 500,000 to 700,000. You are Itsekiri? Well who even knows about you? What have u accomplished? What did you contribute towards the ND struggle except run behind the Yoruba everytime Ijaw boiz land to kick your butts. We fought hard to get oil companies off our land. Even when the Igbo didn't bother to help us out physically because of their issue with our leader Wiwa we pressed on. We get respect. We are known. No I am Ogoni 1st. No point pretending to be all that cooked identity. I love u but if ND is just about your fear of Igbo ppl then count us out. Akwaibom ppl I noticed aren't too keen on ND project bcause like my dad said its a name and movement born out of paranoia.
Okay then, well, my views are not far from yours  undecided . As I said earlier, [b]I will prefer the Edos AND Yorubas  if possible Urhobo [/b]than others in the so called blanket.
About the running to the Yorubas. You do not understand what happened so do not talk out of ignorance. Trust me, you do not pray to be there.
Btw, how can you say my fear is Igbo people?? I have no problem with them but I am saying that any one of those groups will recolonise any group that leaves the "blanket name" and you know its the truth. Its not only Igbo but Yoruba also.
I am trying to be fair but you are trying your best to wrap me around bigotry.
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by Dawgpound: 12:19am On Apr 25, 2011
The only group u ppl should fear and want to defeat na core-Northerners. My problem with so-called ND ppl like Jason is that they have misplaced anger and paranoia. The Igbo is the only ethnic group that share a lot in common with us politically, culturally, environmentally, etc
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by Dawgpound: 12:25am On Apr 25, 2011
When did the Igbo colonize us? I don't remember Ogoni under Igbo rule. I fear Ijaw more than I fear the Igbo sef. Ijaw is like the face of ND. I'm okay being Ogoni.
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by jason123: 12:29am On Apr 25, 2011
Dawgpound:

The only group u ppl should fear and want to defeat na core-Northerners. My problem with so-called ND ppl like Jason is that they have misplaced anger and paranoia. The Igbo is the only ethnic group that share a lot in common with us politically, culturally, environmentally, etc
What?!!!!
I really have a feeling you are an Igbo man in disguise. Well, it does not matter. undecided
Such statement is quite ignorant,don't you think?? So you want me to align myself with the people that tried invading and annexing us itsekiris to Biafra against our will? but leave my Edo, Urhobo and Yoruba brothers who I have something in common with It just does not make any sense, do you think Anyway, I dey laugh ooo!!! Btw, do you know that Biafran soldiers killed all the so called Eastern minority leaders who opposed it?? My brother, goodluck with your alignment but I will align with anyone of them that will protect my interest. To me, the two groups( Yoruba and Igbo) can be used to the advantage of the Niger-delta if we the SS play our game right but if I have to make any alignment, it has to be Edo, Yoruba and Uhrobo, period!!!
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by jason123: 12:33am On Apr 25, 2011
Dawgpound:

When did the Igbo colonize us? I don't remember Ogoni under Igbo rule. I fear Ijaw more than I fear the Igbo sef. Ijaw is like the face of ND. I'm okay being Ogoni.
If Ijaws are the face of the ND, then so be it because their interest is also my interest (except for the expansionism). I will align myself with anygroup that can protect my interest and Delta state interest not a group that just want to use us to increase their territory. No and NEVER!!!
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by jason123: 12:39am On Apr 25, 2011
Dawgpound:

Btw, you should ask yourself, why did Biafra not consult you?? Why did they eliminate your leaders Why oh why did they invade the MW?? They invaded the MW and then installed their own (an Igbo man) as the administrator of that region. They were on their way to the West, why  If not that they were stopped at Ore by the Yorubas, the whole Southern Nigeria would have been called the Federal colony of Biafra. My people will certainly be marginalised by the Igbo overlords in Biafra so why should I join forces with them
The Yorubas would have perfect allies coupled with Edo and Uhrobo if not that the yorubas to are dominating and we want our very own freedom. If not for that, I can bet, the whole MW and parts of the SS will still love to be part of the West. They make policies with fore-sight and determination. I have nothing to gain from Biafra. Sorry.
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by Dawgpound: 12:45am On Apr 25, 2011
I can also say u are a Yoruba working very hard to drag Ogoni into ur Odua nation. Not gonna happen. If u want to go by similarity then I have to school u. Urhobo have quite a lot in common with Igbos. Even Bini ppl but I noticed too many Igbos aren't too keen on agreeing with that. Ogoni is Ogoni but if we were top tag along it will be Igbo. What do we have in common with Yoruba? We share a lot with Ijaw and Igbo. My people fought on the Biafran side. Saro Wiwa and Adaka Boro were not killed by Igbos. I would have killed them myself. The midwest was captured by Biafran troops with help of Midwest Igbos and it was declared Republic of Benin so how did Biafra annex you?
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by jason123: 12:48am On Apr 25, 2011
Dawgpound:

I can also say u are a Yoruba working very hard to drag Ogoni into your Odua nation. Not gonna happen. If u want to go by similarity then I have to school u. Urhobo have quite a lot in common with Igbos. Even Bini ppl but I noticed too many Igbos aren't too keen on agreeing with that. Ogoni is Ogoni but if we were top tag along it will be Igbo. What do we have in common with Yoruba? We share a lot with Ijaw and Igbo. My people fought on the Biafran side. Saro Wiwa and Adaka Boro were not killed by Igbos. I would have killed them myself. The midwest was captured by Biafran troops with help of Midwest Igbos and it was declared Republic of Benin so how did Biafra annex you?
Lol. You simply cannot say I am trying to annex anyone. If you read my post, I was protecting the interest of the SS. I said, why should the SS join sides Why can't we use the Igbo and Yoruba enemity to our collective interest??
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by Dawgpound: 12:53am On Apr 25, 2011
It was a Yoruba man by the name Awolowo that stripped us off ownership of our land and water not Igbo. Why should I join Yoruba who worked hand in hand with the North? Yoruba ppl flooded PH after the war because of Awolowo's wicked policy. You Itsekiri ppl can go with Yoruba. U are unimportant. Maybe if we all in the South had foresight we would have seen the need to fight along with Biafra and dislodge the North. I mean isn't it stvpid that in 2011 we are now singing Biafra song secession yet u want to paint their effort to liberate themselves and the South. MW had large native Igbo population so how is it abnormal that an Igbo was the leader as well? Who cares? The point was to defeat the North and u dropped the ball.
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by jason123: 12:54am On Apr 25, 2011
Dawgpound:

I can also say u are a Yoruba working very hard to drag Ogoni into your Odua nation. Not gonna happen. If u want to go by similarity then I have to school u. Urhobo have quite a lot in common with Igbos. Even Bini ppl but I noticed too many Igbos aren't too keen on agreeing with that. Ogoni is Ogoni but if we were top tag along it will be Igbo. What do we have in common with Yoruba? We share a lot with Ijaw and Igbo. My people fought on the Biafran side. Saro Wiwa and Adaka Boro were not killed by Igbos. I would have killed them myself. The midwest was captured by Biafran troops with help of Midwest Igbos and it was declared Republic of Benin so how did Biafra annex you?
Btw, you were talking of the WHOLE SS joining the SE, an EDO guy rebuked you and I rebuked him for you. I am just talking from a point of interest. Why would I or the Whole Delta state join Biafra Why would Edos join Biafra?? It simply does not make sense. Btw, Bini have more in common with the Yorubas and Itsekiris than Igbo. In fact, Urhobos have more in common with Itsekiris than Igbo so what are you on about
Look, if you do not like this SS contraption ( undecided) , then Ogonis can go with Igbos and I am absolutely sure that my people will either say with the Edos and Uhrobo(if they form their republic) or Join Ododuwa as the LAST alternative but join Biafra (an igbo owned country), no offence but NO, thank you!
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by Dawgpound: 1:01am On Apr 25, 2011
Edo can go with Yoruba all day. To me they are Yoruba. Some Igbo told me they have Igbo ppl in Edo as well. ? Ogoni is not going with u to Odua and we are not forming any ND with u. Having the Igbo the largest, then Ijaw and Efik ppl 2nd largest the Ogoni makes more sense to me and balances things out. We will only agrEe to be part of Biafra again if we still maintain our autonomy and I know that Biafra was fighting for.
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by jason123: 1:03am On Apr 25, 2011
Dawgpound:

It was a Yoruba man by the name Awolowo that stripped us off ownership of our land and water not Igbo. Why should I join Yoruba who worked hand in hand with the North? Yoruba ppl flooded PH after the war because of Awolowo's wicked policy. You Itsekiri ppl can go with Yoruba. U are unimportant. Maybe if we all in the South had foresight we would have seen the need to fight along with Biafra and dislodge the North. I mean isn't it stvpid that in 2011 we are now singing Biafra song secession yet u want to paint their effort to liberate themselves and the South. MW had large native Igbo population so how is it abnormal that an Igbo was the leader as well? Who cares? The point was to defeat the North and u dropped the ball.
You are really funny and do not know your history. We have to go back to history, shall we?
Before independence, Awo told Azikwe that we the south should not be in the same Country with the Northerners but Azikwe said no. During voting, Ahmado Bello (he did not want Nigeria, and who would blame him) and Azikwe voted for Nigeria, Awolowo voted against it. I believe Azikwe was tempted by immediate greed of controlling the North while Awolowo had a fore sight as usual. During party alliances, Azikwe left his Southern brother Awolowo and formed an alliance with Bello. They both marginalised the Yorubas and even imprisoned him. LOl. But when the adventure with the North turned sour, you now thought you can release Awolowo and you expect him to join forces with you?? How can such a man ever trust you?? To cap it all, you bombed his region, invaded his cousins in the MW and tried invading his region even though he said he wants to be a neutral for all-time sake.
Look, as for me, my position is clear, I will prefer if we in the SS can join forces and use the enemity between the two for our advantage, if not, I will prefer the Edos, Yorubas and Uhrobo.
Ask any Edo or Uhrobo person about this. I know I will not be disappointed with their answer.
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by jason123: 1:10am On Apr 25, 2011
Dawgpound:

Edo can go with Yoruba all day. To me they are Yoruba. Some Igbo told me they have Igbo ppl in Edo as well. ? Ogoni is not going with u to Odua and we are not forming any ND with u. Having the Igbo the largest, then Ijaw and Efik ppl 2nd largest the Ogoni makes more sense to me and balances things out. We will only agrEe to be part of Biafra again if we still maintain our autonomy and I know that Biafra was fighting for.
I NEVER said we should go or Ogonis should go with the Yorubas. I am saying we should unite and fight for a common cause but I can see that you do not want that and that is why I said I will not join Biafra because you are simply looking out for your interest, not mine.
And NO, Edos are not Yorubas, they are Edos and Edo alone. They have a common ancestor with the Yorubas but you cannot claim they are Yorubas since they had their own empire and were never subjected to any foreign rule (except british).
To me, Biafra was not fighting for Southerners, no way. She was fightig to protect her and the Ndigbo interest from the Northerners and in the process they thought to themselves, "hey? . . .we have the largest black army in Africa, why don't we simply annex the Oil rich SS and MW and bring in the "Yoruba" people to expand our land. Bros Ojukwu, if we pull this off, we would be rich beyond measure" and that was why he used his personal money to fund the war as a form of investment.
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by Dawgpound: 1:10am On Apr 25, 2011
So just to get back at the Igbo for Azikiwe's sin Awolowo sold our freedom? How stvpid and immature of him? Lagos was the capital and Biafra forces were after it. You capture the capital of a state you have won the war. They didn't invade because they were on some mission to wipe Yoruba ppl out. My father fought in the war. Akwaibom as well. Are the Igbo? Are the Ogoni ppl Igbo? Naw Jason fact is that btwn the Yoruba and Igbo u have aready declared u want Yoruba for obvious reasons so u can't fool me with the idea that u just want SS to play both sides against each other.
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by jason123: 1:14am On Apr 25, 2011
Dawgpound:

So just to get back at the Igbo for Azikiwe's sin Awolowo sold our freedom? How stvpid and immature of him? Lagos was the capital and Biafra forces were after it. You capture the capital of a state you have won the war. They didn't invade because they were on some mission to wipe Yoruba ppl out. My father fought in the war. Akwaibom as well. Are the Igbo? Are the Ogoni ppl Igbo? Naw Jason fact is that btwn the Yoruba and Igbo u have aready declared u want Yoruba for obvious reasons so u can't fool me with the idea that u just want SS to play both sides against each other.
I said, if you do not want a united SS and you want me to join Biafra then, NO. If we should unite the SS and fight a common cause, then I am in. My position is simple. No SS=Join my historic allies. No beaf or hard feeling. Its just contrast interest at play. I do not want me or my people to be subjected under Igbo rule. Simple.
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by Dawgpound: 1:29am On Apr 25, 2011
Oil rich SS was already part of Biafra so there was nothing annex. If it was about annexation Effiong an Ibibio wouldn't have also led in that war. My father wouldn't have also fought in the war for Biafra. Nothing wrong with forming alliance to defeat the core-north but I am not joining u to harm the Igbo who I share the same struggle with and admire. MOSOP had once invited Ojukwu to come and speak at an event organized in remembrance of Wiwa and Ogoni reason but I heard he couldn't make it. Even Metee once lamented about the lack of unity and support of the Igbo. I think its wrong for them to simpy adopt a hands-off policy towards Eastern minorities but judging by our history I can understand but I am still mad at that. Well election of goodluck have ushered in a new era btwn us and Igbos bcoz btwn the 3 major tribes the Igbo threw their weight behind gOodluck like he was one of their own so I can see what can be achieved when we let go off all the bad blood. Jason u can carry swampy Itsekiri land and go with Yoruba.
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by aljharem(m): 1:35am On Apr 25, 2011
Dawgpound:

Oil rich SS was already part of Biafra so there was nothing annex[b]. If it was about annexation Effiong an Ibibio wouldn't have also led in that war. My father wouldn't have also fought in the war for Biafra[/b]. Nothing wrong with forming alliance to defeat the core-north but I am not joining u to harm the Igbo who I share the same struggle with and admire. MOSOP had once invited Ojukwu to come and speak at an event organized in remembrance of Wiwa and Ogoni reason but I heard he couldn't make it. Even Metee once lamented about the lack of unity and support of the Igbo. I think its wrong for them to simpy adopt a hands-off policy towards Eastern minorities but judging by our history I can understand but I am still mad at that. Well election of goodluck have ushered in a new era btwn us and Igbos bcoz btwn the 3 major tribes the Igbo threw their weight behind gOodluck like he was one of their own so I can see what can be achieved when we let go off all the bad blood. Jason u can carry swampy Itsekiri land and go with Yoruba.
grin grin grin grin grin

effiong himself call ojukwu an iddeeiot before he die

go figure out
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by Dawgpound: 1:41am On Apr 25, 2011
Effiong and Ojukwu have their issues but Effiong never betrayed Biafra and believed in Biafra till death. They have personal issues on how the war was handled but both wanted a liberated East and South.
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by jason123: 1:42am On Apr 25, 2011
Dawgpound:

Oil rich SS was already part of Biafra so there was nothing annex. If it was about annexation Effiong an Ibibio wouldn't have also led in that war. My father wouldn't have also fought in the war for Biafra. Nothing wrong with forming alliance to defeat the core-north but I am not joining u to harm the Igbo who I share the same struggle with and admire. MOSOP had once invited Ojukwu to come and speak at an event organized in remembrance of Wiwa and Ogoni reason but I heard he couldn't make it. Even Metee once lamented about the lack of unity and support of the Igbo. I think its wrong for them to simpy adopt a hands-off policy towards Eastern minorities but judging by our history I can understand but I am still mad at that. Well election of goodluck have ushered in a new era btwn us and Igbos bcoz btwn the 3 major tribes the Igbo threw their weight behind gOodluck like he was one of their own so I can see what can be achieved when we let go off all the bad blood. Jason u can carry swampy Itsekiri land and go with Yoruba.

Wow! shocked sad
I am honesty shocked that you said I wanted to hurt the Igbo. Please, can you kindly point out where I said that
I also see nothing wrong in uniting to fight a common enemy, in this case, the Northerners. I am also part of the people advocating for Southern Nigeria (If possible). Her potential will be endless.
I said I will ONLY JOIN A UNITED South-South against any oppression(not to form a republic because it will be Nigeria allover again) OR Southern Nigeria NOT BIAFRA!!! Why are you not getting this? I have nothing against the Ndigbo people but you are making it seem so.
In a situation where the South-south is split amongst the Two, I will prefer the Yoruba than Igbo simple!!! There is absolutely no reason for me to go to an Igbo only country because I will be marginalised, simple!!! It like I should jump inside Fire because all my friends are doing it,I will surely get burnt.
Ogoni has something in common with Igbo, FINE. I do not, if I do, its minimal. A Yoruba man, Edo man and Uhrobo man can understand atleast 50% an Itsekiri music but an Igbo man cannot. Why should I marginalise my people simply because "everyone" is doing it

I prefer Southern Nigeria or the SS should stick together and become stronger against the 3. If not, I have to pick allies with my historic allies. Simple, no hard feelings. Infact, I want[b] BEAF and PhysicsMHD[/b] to shed more light on this issue.
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by Beaf: 2:43am On Apr 25, 2011
^
Lol

I'm very sleepy. I'll join you guys tomorrow.
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by adconline(m): 5:20am On Apr 25, 2011
How come Nigeria is not producing rice in commercial quantity and there is no scarcity of rice ?
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by ektbear: 5:26am On Apr 25, 2011
adconline:

How come Nigeria is not producing rice in commercial quantity and there is no scarcity of rice ?
Importation.

But importing isn't a good thing.
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by adconline(m): 6:48am On Apr 25, 2011
Can Nigeria also import tomatoes? Who told you that importation is all evil? How about absolute and comparative advantages?
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by Rhino5dm: 7:24am On Apr 25, 2011
Absolute and comparative advantages of tooth pick, safety matches,meat pie, mattress,broom,tissue paper

you gatto be kiddin me!

adconline:

Can Nigeria also import tomatoes? Who told you that importation is all evil? How about absolute and comparative advantages?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Madalla Bombing: CP Zakari Biu Suspended Over Escape Of Alleged Mastermind / An Okada Man (hausa) Stabs A Trader To Death (igbo) Naij.com / Ganduje Meets India Investors In Delhi, India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.