Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,383 members, 7,781,087 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:38 AM

Which Is Better, Pharmacy Or Civil Engineering? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Is Better, Pharmacy Or Civil Engineering? (17966 Views)

Pharmacy Or MBBS / Which Is Best, Architecture Or Civil Engineering / Pharmacy Vs Nursing: Which Is More Lucrative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Better, Pharmacy Or Civil Engineering? by The5DME(m): 1:59pm On May 06, 2021
Gerrard59:

EEE - Electrical and electronics engineering? If so, yes. This depends on the career route you take with it - MSc Computer Science or tech developer will it hasten your japa process than say working in power generation firm. Use the degree and enter the digital industry as it has lots of jobs. EEE is a good degree to build digital skills on. As an example, there are over 10K developer jobs advertised on South Africa's LinkedIn website and over 19K jobs in Singapore'e tech industry were left unfilled because of lack of skilled personnel. Huge demand as a result of weak supply which will translates to high salaries.
I like this.
Re: Which Is Better, Pharmacy Or Civil Engineering? by captainbangz: 9:19pm On May 06, 2021
Gerrard59:

EEE - Electrical and electronics engineering? If so, yes. This depends on the career route you take with it - MSc Computer Science or tech developer will it hasten your japa process than say working in power generation firm. Use the degree and enter the digital industry as it has lots of jobs. EEE is a good degree to build digital skills on. As an example, there are over 10K developer jobs advertised on South Africa's LinkedIn website and over 19K jobs in Singapore'e tech industry were left unfilled because of lack of skilled personnel. Huge demand as a result of weak supply which will translates to high salaries.
Ok, thanks. I am an undergraduate thinking between telecommunications and electronic or control and instrumentation option, any advice?
Re: Which Is Better, Pharmacy Or Civil Engineering? by Gerrard59(m): 11:05pm On May 06, 2021
captainbangz:
Ok, thanks. I am an undergraduate thinking between telecommunications and electronic or control and instrumentation option, any advice?

Telecommunications but learn coding on your own

tensazangetsu20:
Op if you are very serious you can get employable in six months. You can't master programming ever so get that one out of your mind. The fastest way to earning money is to master a platform immediately after you are done learning languages. Platforms like WordPress, Shopify, Magento, servicenow, salesforce et al. If you remain in the normal web development it's not going to be easy at all and even if you get a job. The pay is crap at least with regards to Nigeria.
Re: Which Is Better, Pharmacy Or Civil Engineering? by Femzi8cul: 5:23pm On Jul 22, 2022
I also agree with you
Re: Which Is Better, Pharmacy Or Civil Engineering? by Polchiz(m): 3:52pm On Jul 23, 2022
KunleyY19:
First of all you must be very brilliant to be able to have the two options on your table. That's a plus to you. But if you do some critical soul searching you will find the aspect of science you feel more comfortable with. A potential Civil Engineering Student should be comfortable with Physics, Further Mathematics, Technical drawing and the likes. While for a Pharmacy student you should be really good with Biology and Chemistry and Mathematics. Fine you might have passed all of this courses in secondary school but I will advise you to pick the one that comes more natural to you.

Now the worst assumption anyone can give you is that Engineering is not worth it in Nigeria gringrin. That's a big lie, some Engineering might not be worth it but trust me Civil Engineering is worth it if you are well grounded in school. I have friends in my class that currently have cars and all came from executing projects whilst we are still UG's. Emphasis on the word knowledgeable. The thing with Engineering is that most students don't realize theirselves until after two years of graduation. But person wey don grab since UG will be making it well. Well I don't know the opportunities that are abound for pharmacy students. I can only speak about Civil.
With Civil Engineering you're spoilt of choices. Well I will still advice you to do some deep soul searching and choose the one that comes easy to you simple. But if you must do Civil Engineering you must be ready to sacrifice you all because incompetence is not rewarded in Engineering and we cannot cover our own mistakes like those in the medical line. To stay ahead of thousands of Civil Engineers currently you have to bring your A game to succeed. And also study Civil Engineering with an Entrepreneurship mindset if not you might end up building people houses and not have one for yourself. Good luck.
You are as wise as Solomon. God bless you richly.
Re: Which Is Better, Pharmacy Or Civil Engineering? by Femzi8cul: 7:59pm On Jul 25, 2022
Stevyne:
I'm telling you!
A very lucrative and a professional course

I also agree with you I have seen plenty of them that are paying people salaries now

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better, Pharmacy Or Civil Engineering? by Femzi8cul: 8:02pm On Jul 25, 2022
Hezmatosky:
Study civil engineering na hunger go finish you angry

Do you even know what you are saying bross the career is very lucrative in Nigeria here I am telling you. Don't argue with me on this okay
Re: Which Is Better, Pharmacy Or Civil Engineering? by Femzi8cul: 7:08pm On Jun 03, 2023
halohs:
Between Pharmacy and Civil engineering........Go for Pharmacy. But if you have a flare for engineering, Go for Mechanical or Electrical.
Bro we ar talking abt civil not abt mech or electrical
Re: Which Is Better, Pharmacy Or Civil Engineering? by dangoteinlaw: 11:12am On Feb 29
shawrygal:

The best Teacher in the school am working studied Civil engineering too. He is teaching primary pupils Mathematics
chai am moved to tears 😭

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is ICAN Exam Still Worth It In This 2021 / Can An MBA Holder Go For A Phd In Management? / Drama As Senate Confirms Victor Muruako As Fiscal Responsibility Commission Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.