Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair (6957 Views)

The Election They Claim Was Free And Fair....the Kind That Brought In GMB / I Have Never Rigged Election In My Life, Says Presidential Aide / UNIABUJA Is Rotten, Says Presidential Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by Chyz2: 2:06am On Apr 23, 2011
[size=15pt]South East CPC disowns Buhari[/size]
•Says presidential election was not rigged in the zone

From GEOFFREY ANYANWU, Awka

Saturday, April 23, 2011

The controversy trailing the last presidential election took another dimension yesterday when members of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) disowned the party’s standard-bearer, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari. They said that the election was the freest ever conducted in Nigeria.

After the results of the presidential election were announced, Buhari had rejected results in the South East, claiming that the election was massively rigged against him and the party in South East.

Speaking in Awka, Anambra State capital, chairmen of the party in the five states of the South East, stated: “In all fairness, we wish to state very clearly that the 2011 presidential election was the freest and fairest election ever conducted in Nigeria, though not without minor hitches.”

The chairmen disclosed that the colossal failure of the party in the zone was rather a product of internal wrangling that rocked the party few days to the election than the alleged rigging.

In a six-paragraph communiqué entitled, South East CPC Confirms Presidential Election Free, Fair and Credible, read on their behalf by the Anambra State chairman of the party, Prince Chuba Ikeagwu, the CPC chiefs frowned at the assertion by the leader of the party without verifying from them.

The communiqué read in part: “The South East members of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) received with surprise the news that the just-concluded presidential election was rigged against our party in our zone. In all fairness, we wish to state very clearly that the 2011 presidential election was the freest and fairest election ever conducted in Nigeria, though not without minor hitches.

“As custodians of the party in the zone, we were embarrassed to hear that the CPC was rigged out in the just presidential polls in the South East. It’s an indictment on our commitment to our party. Facts should have been verified from the leadership of the party in the zone by whoever is concerned before making an official statement on issues that affect us.

“Our position is not meant to slight or embarrass anybody but to straighten out issues and appeal to those who chose to truncate facts that are capable of creating disaffection among the peace loving Nigerians to desist forthwith. We are neither deaf nor dumb and were in the best position to present issues as they occurred.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/apr/23/national-23-04-2011-004.htm
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by Areosapien(f): 2:18am On Apr 23, 2011
Chei! And that's how the cookie crumbles. grin
I wonder who even gave Buhari the audacity to open his mouth regarding the recorded margin in this zone, when he never bothered to campaign here in the first place. Why's he complaining now?
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by ezeagu(m): 2:26am On Apr 23, 2011
grin Where are his supporters bragging about the insignificance of the South east?
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by agabaI23(m): 2:34am On Apr 23, 2011
Chyz*:

•Says presidential election was not rigged in the zone

From GEOFFREY ANYANWU, Awka

Saturday, April 23, 2011

The controversy trailing the last presidential election took another dimension yesterday when members of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) disowned the party’s standard-bearer, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari. They said that the election was the freest ever conducted in Nigeria.

After the results of the presidential election were announced, Buhari had rejected results in the South East, claiming that the election was massively rigged against him and the party in South East.

Speaking in Awka, Anambra State capital, chairmen of the party in the five states of the South East, stated: “In all fairness, we wish to state very clearly that the 2011 presidential election was the freest and fairest election ever conducted in Nigeria, though not without minor hitches.”

The chairmen disclosed that the colossal failure of the party in the zone was rather a product of internal wrangling that rocked the party few days to the election than the alleged rigging.
In a six-paragraph communiqué entitled, South East CPC Confirms Presidential Election Free, Fair and Credible, read on their behalf by the Anambra State chairman of the party, Prince Chuba Ikeagwu, t[b]he CPC chiefs frowned at the assertion by the leader of the party without verifying from them.[/b]

The communiqué read in part: “The South East members of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) received with surprise the news that the just-concluded presidential election was rigged against our party in our zone. In all fairness, we wish to state very clearly that the 2011 presidential election was the freest and fairest election ever conducted in Nigeria, though not without minor hitches.

As custodians of the party in the zone, we were embarrassed to hear that the CPC was rigged out in the just presidential polls in the South East. It’s an indictment on our commitment to our party. Facts should have been verified from the leadership of the party in the zone by whoever is concerned before making an official statement on issues that affect us.

“Our position is not meant to slight or embarrass anybody but to straighten out issues and appeal to those who chose to truncate facts that are capable of creating disaffection among the peace loving Nigerians to desist forthwith. We are neither deaf nor dumb and were in the best position to present issues as they occurred.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/apr/23/national-23-04-2011-004.htm
May be he should take them to court for antiparty grin
He could not even consult his party members in the south east before making his claims. That shows his how much regard he has for the southeasterners and yet he was expecting a tsunami of votes from them.
That says a lot. The rug has been pulled from under his legs
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by alex14(m): 2:42am On Apr 23, 2011
ezeagu:

grin Where are his supporters bragging about the insignificance of the South east?
grin Lets not forget the ACN and Ribadu supporters. They gave the poor man a broom, vowed to sweep the entire country with him,,,,,,,alas, on the D-day, they all went "awol" These same absconders are also questioning the high voter-turnout in the SE/SS, when they themselves failed to show up for their candidate Ribadu- I guess on the day of the election, these clowns suddenly realised that Ribadu is a mallam and not a son of odua grin Treachery is a bia.t.ch I tell yashocked
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by OAM4J: 2:50am On Apr 23, 2011
But then the question is: Will Buhari miss them?
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by agabaI23(m): 2:54am On Apr 23, 2011
OAM4J:

But then the question is: Will Buhari miss them?

He is already missing them which was why he I crying foul.

On the other hand if he will not miss them, what is his obsession with SE?
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by ektbear: 2:54am On Apr 23, 2011
alex_101:

These same absconders are also questioning the high voter-turnout in the SE/SS, when they themselves failed to show up for their candidate Ribadu

Lol. Our bad. Sorry we cannot match 84% voter turnout. Then again, probably in no major election in US history has 84% turnout ever happened. Or Canadian. Or Mexican.

In 4 years time, don't worry, by hook or crook we will get 84% turnout too tongue

high voter turnout ko, fraud ni
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by agabaI23(m): 2:59am On Apr 23, 2011
ekt_bear:

Lol. Our bad. Sorry we cannot match 84% voter turnout. Then again, probably in no major election in US history has 84% turnout ever happened. Or Canadian. Or Mexican.

In 4 years time, don't worry, by hook or crook we will get 84% turnout too tongue

If Fashiola comes out to contest, the whole of SW will be 100% for him. I will personally mobilize for him if he continues like this in his second tenure.
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by Chyz2: 3:00am On Apr 23, 2011
People are really dealing with these old northern politicians/former pres and vps, lol. Wait till you see myu next threads. grin
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by ektbear: 3:01am On Apr 23, 2011
High voter turnout, but governors lamenting on TV about poor turnout tongue

High voter turnout, but media coverage saying low voter turnout.

High voter turnout, but the streets not jam packed with people.

Maybe we should commit fraud too in four years and then mock others for not being as enthusiastic about voting.

4 years time. . . we'll get 115% voter turnout  grin grin grin

"Yorubaland has 175% voter turnout. Why didn't you guys come out and vote like we did?" grin grin grin
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by Beaf: 3:01am On Apr 23, 2011
. . .And so began the inevitable disintegration of the party of scarabs and blood loving creatures of the night. cool

If Buhari didn't bother much about campaigning in the South, then he wouldn't have bothered with the small matter of consulting the SE wing of CPC before blarbing about SE elections. Lol!
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by Obiagu1(m): 3:02am On Apr 23, 2011
ekt_bear:

High voter turnout, but governors lamenting on TV about poor turnout tongue

High voter turnout, but media coverage saying low voter turnout.

High voter turnout, but the streets not jam packed with people.

Maybe we should commit fraud too in four years and then mock others for not being as enthusiastic about voting.

4 years time. . . we'll get 115% voter turnout  grin grin grin

You are really dumb!
What was the turnout in Anambra, Imo, Abia, Ebonyi or Enugu.

Don't tell me you're really a bigot!
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by efisher(m): 3:08am On Apr 23, 2011
I dey laff o.
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by ektbear: 3:13am On Apr 23, 2011

State Voter Turnout #2
Imo 83.56%
Abia 77.95%
Enugu 62.47%
Anambra 57.52%
Ebonyi 47.87%
Bayelsa 85.61%
Rivers 76.32%
Akwa Ibom 76.22%
Delta 68.82%
Cross River 63.24%

Which of these are you sure without a reasonable doubt are clean? Ebonyi might be the most trustworthy, but even that I wouldn't bet money on.
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by EkoIle1: 3:22am On Apr 23, 2011
ekt_bear:

Saddam and other dictators useed to rake in numbers like that,
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by ektbear: 3:27am On Apr 23, 2011
Obiagu. . dude.

So you aren't contesting that there was massive rigging in the SE zone, but instead beefing that I wasn't specific enough in my post, and instead should have said "83.56% in Imo State" 

That is what has your panties in a knot?

My bad, I'll be more precise next time in my next sarcastic response to alex101. I didn't have the spreadsheet out in front of me when I was ridiculing the fraudulent high turnout, otherwise I've have been more specific.

If they would release #s for each LGA, I could even be more precise. But of course, they won't do that.
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by Beaf: 3:30am On Apr 23, 2011
ekt_bear:

Obiagu. . dude.

So you aren't contesting that there was massive rigging in the SE zone, but instead beefing that I wasn't specific enough in my post, and instead should have said "83.56% in Imo State" 

My bad, I'll be more precise next time in my next sarcastic response to alex101. I didn't have the spreadsheet out in front of me when I was ridiculing the fraudulent high turnout, otherwise I've have been more specific.

If they would release #s for each LGA, I could even be more precise. But of course, they won't do that.

Ok, Buhari won the elections to you. Why not eff off to court with your "evidence", or just shut up?
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by Obiagu1(m): 3:34am On Apr 23, 2011
ekt_bear:

Obiagu. . dude.

Stop making a f.ool of yourself. Does any of those figures show an exceptionally high turnout? You still have the guts to call it fraudulent Where's the evidence to show that it was fraudulent or you like to create scenarios in your head?

Reread the statement below and tell me if it is as fraudulent as the one you created in your head while sitting your a.s.s on chair fantasizing about whatever.  lipsrsealed

Chyz*:

“As custodians of the party in the zone, we were embarrassed to hear that the CPC was rigged out in the just presidential polls in the South East. It’s an indictment on our commitment to our party. Facts should have been verified from the leadership of the party in the zone by whoever is concerned before making an official statement on issues that affect us.

Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by EzeUche3(m): 3:54am On Apr 23, 2011
Many countries have high voter turnout. Especially if voting is compulsory.

In Luxembourg it is 87%.

In New Zealand it can be as high as 83%

In Turkey the highest was 92% for the entire country.

Sorry but I do not doubt the high turnout ratio in the SE/SS since one of our is voting. People need to start using there minds, before they comment.

PDP controls Ebonyi so if there was rigging in the SE, how come the turnout wasn't high in that PDP dominated state? That pokes a hole in most people arguments.
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by EzeUche3(m): 4:00am On Apr 23, 2011
And I hate how people use the U.S. as an example. Americans do not vote compared to other nations. I voted in the 2008 elections and even with that high voter turnout for Obama, the voter turnout was a mere 62.5%.
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by Justcash(m): 4:07am On Apr 23, 2011
Hmmmmmm, I wonder who people wanted SE Nigerians to vote for? Imo state is my state. There is no possible way an Imo state citizen would have voted for Buhari. Most of the people that voted for CPC in the east are their own party representatives in the states, and probably with their family members and relatives.
Na who go vote Buhari when Imo state have always been neglected under leaders that are from the North? It would have been 98% sef.
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by naijaking1: 4:22am On Apr 23, 2011
For real, how is Buhari and his cohorts making so much noise because a state voted 84%? If it had been more than 100%, as it used to be when this election was clearly rigged, then it would make sense to challenge it in court.
Buhari is totally disconnected from SE and SS, that's why he just couldn't understand how some people could vote 85%, if only he knows how much people want to get rid of him in those parts of the country. It's also reason why he didn't bother to contact his party members on the ground. Unfortunately, his allegations of rigging might have inflammed the riots across the north.
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by Johndoe100(m): 4:45am On Apr 23, 2011
Beaf:

Lol. You talk crap with careless abandon.

You don't even know your village, but sit out there in the US hallucinating and guessing. There is a real World, not the spaced out place your mind cooks up about Nigeria that you have hardly visited.
Save us the crocodile tears, buy a ticket, actually visit and get to know your village before talking crap about Nigeria, a country you only know from google. Dufus, learn the name of your chief, which roads lead where etc.

Dude, take your ridiculous evidence to court in support of Buhari, or shut the eff up. Your foolishness is irritating.

You are so right.

@ekt_bear

Man you make assertions that Nigerians who know don't make. How can a foreigner like you start making claims like you have been making? My people hear this child spew garbage o!!

Please try and visit our country and get to know the people before you spew the garbage you have been spewing for a while now.

I have repeatedly stated that you internet Nigerians should stop masquerading as Nigerians and spend more time getting to know the country, then what comes from your mouth / keyboard will be much less irritating.
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by ektbear: 4:50am On Apr 23, 2011
@Johndoe100: Truth be told, many of you don't seem to know your own country very well. Not exactly the most surprising thing in the world that a "foreigner" like myself seems to see certain things in it faster than you do.
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by Nadanbata: 5:07am On Apr 23, 2011
@ ekt_bear

Leave them. "those who forget history are doomed to repeat it".

PDP have rigged before and will do so again.
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by ektbear: 5:12am On Apr 23, 2011
Hehe.

That is the most surprising thing about all of this to me. People who at least in theory should understand more (since they've lived most of their lives in the country) do not.

Rigged election, they dance in the street and celebrate rather than asking simple, almost elementary questions. Obvious questions, really. I wonder what has poisoned the minds of people, sapped their will that they are too afraid to confront the truth in the face.

Cracks me up that a "google nigerian" seems to be able to pick things up faster than certain non-google nigerians in this thread. Though I'm certainly not alone; many people on the ground have realized the obvious, this Ambadassor Campbell, Prof Aluko, and Nasir El-Rufai being just a few of them.

I used to wonder how Lebanese, Indians and other foreigners would enter Nigeria and completely start dominating business-wise within a few years. How can someone completely master a foreign land within 2 years of arriving, I'd ask myself.

Of course, now I know the answer.

Hopefully one day my people will ask questions. Show more curiosity. Rather than eating any answer they are spoonfed.

Maybe one day "google Nigerians" won't be able to see the truth more rapidly than many real Nigerians cool
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by Odunnu: 6:04am On Apr 23, 2011
Now we are getting there!
I listened to an interview on the radio where a certain CPC general said he was sure the election was rigged esp. in the SE/SW and he was asked if their party agents didnt sign the results and what he said made me smile. . . 'those signatures you see are falsified,they are not for our party agents'. They cant even trust their agents in the east, nor would they relate with them. Stvpid party
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by muami(m): 7:47am On Apr 23, 2011
ekt_bear:

Though I'm certainly not alone; many people on the ground have realized the obvious, this Ambadassor Campbell, Prof Aluko, and Nasir El-Rufai being just a few of them.

You should have your head examined if the only people you can cite in support of your junkie-thinking arguments are the people mentioned above.In case you dont know, both El Rufai and Pro Aluko are staunch  CPC members while Campbell has never seen anything good in PDP for reasons best known to him ( check his blog and you would see), which is why the US government posted him to where he would be insignificant. By the way, if you cite CPC members like El ufai to support your arguments, why is it difficult for you to accept the point made by the same CPC members in the South East who say that the elections were FREE AND FAIR.Anyway, the elections have come and gone, so it is either you and your fellow terrorists in the CPC go to court or jump into the lagoon!
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by Dave6: 8:50am On Apr 23, 2011
Can you imagine? Whic kind Country be this sef?
How can this sort of creature even be a presidential candidate? And many Nigerians just supportred him blindly.
All the false allegations he made + previous incitements have now led to the death of innocent citizens.

The disgrace hasn't started, let him go to court!
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by francisj(m): 9:21am On Apr 23, 2011
Dav.e:

Can you imagine? Whic kind Country be this sef?
How can this sort of creature even be a presidential candidate? And many Nigerians just supportred him blindly.
All the false allegations he made + previous incitements have now led to the death of innocent citizens.The disgrace hasn't started, let him go to court!

you s peak well, people should always stand 4 d truth ,regardless of ethic,religious or regional sentiment ,I am from the north(core)
but I will never suppose violence in the name of "our own must win"

I hope fed govt. takes the above serious !!!!
How can an individual got on air to tell media outfit(after casting his vote) that report coming 4rm
his agent indicate that an election is being rig ,while the people are still casting their
votes.Now look at the outcome,the same party leader are saying that the election is not rigged.
After,vibrant and elegant youth have be killed.
It really unfortunate that some people ,see the truth and still try 2 support evil ,this country have
a long way 2 go if we the youth can not change our ideology.
the truth is bitter but it have no option
Re: South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair by ifyalways(f): 10:02am On Apr 23, 2011
@Topic,So the CPC party is divided already?

I dey laff oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Member Lost Fight Against Nigerian Soldier With Photos / BREAKING!!! IPOB Dares Okorocha, Burutai; Kicks-off Biafra Protest In Owerri / Nnamdi Kanu Wanted One Nigeria Before He Change His Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.