Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Are These Lagos Beggars Genuine Or Not? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are These Lagos Beggars Genuine Or Not? (807 Views)

How Can One Find Genuine Spouse In This Era Of Ritual Killings, Organs Harvest? / Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories / Unbelievable: Meet The King Of Beggars Who Has Many Wives, Children, 5houses, Bu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are These Lagos Beggars Genuine Or Not? by Lagosinter1: 11:49pm On Apr 27, 2021
Are these beggars genuine or not?

There is no day I move around Lagos especially on the mainland that I don't get barrage of requests from people who are seemingly stranded, hungry or have insufficient transport.

This is irrespective of the gender but they are usually females, nay teenagers- who move around in twos or threes.

Today going to Oshodi, I alighted at Iyana Ipaja to buy things, a dark teenager of about 20, and five foot six, accosted me. She had a blonde hair, a t shirt and shorts.

She greeted me almost genuflecting, with beams of smiles and immediately apologised for accosting me.

With a sonorous voice, she said she was headed to Ikotun and pleaded that I give her 200 naira to buy food.

I inquired if she had anything doing, she responded that she learnt fashion designing but was still saving to start her own.

I told her I had no money to check her reactions, she said there was no problem and wanted to leave.

Given that I was in a good mood and uninterested in whether or not she was telling the truth, I obliged her with the 200 naira.
She thanked me and left.

I was later to see her with two other girls, still approaching other people-- men-- at random prolly with same tales.

After about 5 mins, I met another two teenagers less than 18, this time with request to buy bread for them.

This is not a one-off event. It happens always.

What do you guys think about such persons or are they just coming to me because I look like a pastor? Lol

1 Like

Re: Are These Lagos Beggars Genuine Or Not? by PissfulProtester: 11:58pm On Apr 27, 2021
I love your narrative...

weyrey, so you fell in love with the female SCAMMER'S voice.. little wonder you persuaded yourself to give her the money even after your brain directed you properly

Your balls should be served by Rafael Nadal

1 Like

Re: Are These Lagos Beggars Genuine Or Not? by Daddyvibez(m): 12:00am On Apr 28, 2021
Some are genuine
Re: Are These Lagos Beggars Genuine Or Not? by ipobarethieves: 12:01am On Apr 28, 2021
angry sad I m extra careful/afraid to give,/render assistance to stranger especially old pipu.Some will even see u trekking, they'll still ask u.For those that ask money for transport,I rather give it to conductor/bike man and tell them to enter.bus dey go sad lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Are These Lagos Beggars Genuine Or Not? by mutter(f): 6:25am On Apr 28, 2021
Begging is becoming kind of like scaming.. One has to be careful.
I remember whe. Covid started and some private teachers were out of work and no salary.
One pleaded online for money, said her salary was 10 000 N. I sent her her 25 000 or more monthly only for her to write me after 2 weeks of receiving the last amount that she feels like commuting sucide, she had no gas to cook...
That was where I quit.
Another one was pregnant.
I promised to foot all the bills and did.
I was also pregnant and had to go back to work a few weeks after, when I asked her why she couldn't even call once to thank me after giving birth, she said she had to spend 3 months without leaving her home.
Yet I could to work and send her the money.

1 Like

Re: Are These Lagos Beggars Genuine Or Not? by Lagosinter1: 6:38am On Apr 28, 2021
ipobarethieves:
angry sad I m extra careful/afraid to give,/render assistance to stranger especially old pipu.Some will even see u trekking, they'll still ask u.For those that ask money for transport,I rather give it to conductor/bike man and tell them to enter.bus dey go sad lipsrsealed

You dey fear?
Re: Are These Lagos Beggars Genuine Or Not? by Lagosinter1: 8:30pm On Apr 28, 2021
mutter:
Begging is becoming kind of like scaming.. One has to be careful.
I remember whe. Covid started and some private teachers were out of work and no salary.
One pleaded online for money, said her salary was 10 000 N. I sent her her 25 000 or more monthly only for her to write me after 2 weeks of receiving the last amount that she feels like commuting sucide, she had no gas to cook...
That was where I quit.
Another one was pregnant.
I promised to foot all the bills and did.
I was also pregnant and had to go back to work a few weeks after, when I asked her why she couldn't even call once to thank me after giving birth, she said she had to spend 3 months without leaving her home.
Yet I could to work and send her the money.

It's bad
Re: Are These Lagos Beggars Genuine Or Not? by Richy4(m): 2:47pm On Apr 29, 2021
As You know, all lizard are lying on their tummy....no one knows the one with a stomachache.. just follow your intuition... If u have and wants to give, Good.... If you don't feel like it, u can just say sliver and gold, I do not have but what I have I give to you...in the name of....rise up and walk WORK smiley
Re: Are These Lagos Beggars Genuine Or Not? by madridguy(m): 3:05pm On Apr 29, 2021
Those Iyana Ipaja girls going to Ikotun no dey finish. grin

1 Like

Re: Are These Lagos Beggars Genuine Or Not? by Lagosinter1: 12:35pm On May 02, 2021
madridguy:
Those Iyana Ipaja girls going to Ikotun no dey finish. grin
Lol
Re: Are These Lagos Beggars Genuine Or Not? by The5DME(m): 12:40pm On May 02, 2021
They full dat Ikeja side. Them no dey always get transport go house.
Re: Are These Lagos Beggars Genuine Or Not? by Lostchild(m): 2:29am On Jun 03, 2021
Lagosinter1:
Are these beggars genuine or not?

There is no day I move around Lagos especially on the mainland that I don't get barrage of requests from people who are seemingly stranded, hungry or have insufficient transport.

This is irrespective of the gender but they are usually females, nay teenagers- who move around in twos or threes.

Today going to Oshodi, I alighted at Iyana Ipaja to buy things, a dark teenager of about 20, and five foot six, accosted me. She had a blonde hair, a t shirt and shorts.

She greeted me almost genuflecting, with beams of smiles and immediately apologised for accosting me.

With a sonorous voice, she said she was headed to Ikotun and pleaded that I give her 200 naira to buy food.

I inquired if she had anything doing, she responded that she learnt fashion designing but was still saving to start her own.

I told her I had no money to check her reactions, she said there was no problem and wanted to leave.

Given that I was in a good mood and uninterested in whether or not she was telling the truth, I obliged her with the 200 naira.
She thanked me and left.

I was later to see her with two other girls, still approaching other people-- men-- at random prolly with same tales.

After about 5 mins, I met another two teenagers less than 18, this time with request to buy bread for them.

This is not a one-off event. It happens always.

What do you guys think about such persons or are they just coming to me because I look like a pastor? Lol

Why do you always pray to ask God for something again anf gain?

They are genuine and they are in need. Give to them and move one..

Dont forget: keep giving to them

(1) (Reply)

The Chrisland Family / Give Your Property It's Deserved Electrical Planning, Design And Outfit / Lecturer Nabs His Wife In Hotel Room With His Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.