Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? - Pets (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? (81833 Views)

This Little Bird Lost Its Way Into My Compound / Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) / I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by asha80(m): 9:58pm On Apr 29, 2021
witworth:
Why should he free the bird, when he can choose to keep it as pet, Keep the bird and inside the cage if necessary before you can tame it if possible.
Let nobody be pouring emotional threat to anyone who suggest eating it, it's their choices.
But since you don't want to eat it, me I will prefer you keep it as pet
Am acquiring a brown hawk soon since I no fit catch one easily around
tame it? Just like that without experience on the nature of the bird? It wouldn't last one week

1 Like

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Jorge91: 9:58pm On Apr 29, 2021
Donbabafx1:
Please help with the name and little information about this giant bird I caught in my house. I'm scared even my dogs are barking for the bird
please dont allow those dogs eat that bird, if you cannot keep it safe and feed it, just let it go
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Nostradamus: 10:04pm On Apr 29, 2021
Donbabafx1:
I'm damned scared, it looks like a threat but I dont what to burn it yet
what's the breed of that second dog on top of the rott?

Kindly post it's pix.
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by AlphamaleTech1(m): 10:10pm On Apr 29, 2021
Shokoloko:

Please do not burn the bird!! What did the bird do? Even if the bird is a witch should it not have transformed to its original form by now?

If you are scared, Find who to sell it to or let it go. Why hold unto something you are not comfortable with?

Its called Oju kokoro
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Awoleesu(m): 10:15pm On Apr 29, 2021
PlayMaker14:
It seems you were expecting this beautiful Aduwawa Falcon.... You quickly bought a cage for her.

Anyway, Aduwawa Falcon are highly sensitive and operate effectively in the spiritual and physical realm.

They're mostly found in the Rural area of Edo State and if well trained, they can speak 16 Nigerian language.

grin

Nairalanders! Una fit kill person will laughter shots!
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by DisLifeSha: 10:15pm On Apr 29, 2021
Why did you say so?
Draslo:
Looks like a hawk

You don't have a license to sell. Just release it back into the wild. Birds of prey should never be caged bro.
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Pablodtotti: 10:18pm On Apr 29, 2021
Check for a tag on its legs or wings but don't kill it
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Ikedonoso: 10:22pm On Apr 29, 2021
The three eyed Raven grin

1 Like

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Jefferic(m): 10:24pm On Apr 29, 2021
Donbabafx1:

Does it have economic value?

Yes. But the stomach value outweighed the economic value. Good source of protein especially for this BuBu era wen meat nah luxury.
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by JastSiryin(m): 10:24pm On Apr 29, 2021
Donbabafx1:
I'm damned scared, it looks like a threat but I dont what to burn it yet
Threat to what bros? Why are you typing like an illiterate? What about those dogs of yours? What if i burned then too because they looked like 'threats'? ... That bird looks like a Kite... It's a predatory bird.They are meant to look tough. Pls find a way to release it back to the wild. It wasn't sent by your village peeps. You've got nothing to fear

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Zaggafrank: 10:27pm On Apr 29, 2021
Allow it to go. It's a predator just like eagles. You can see the beak and claws
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 29, 2021
Nostradamus:
what's the breed of that second dog on top of the rott?

Kindly post it's pix.

It's called cane corso

1 Like

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by foreshore(m): 10:30pm On Apr 29, 2021
Donbabafx1:
Please help with the name and little information about this giant bird I caught in my house. I'm scared even my dogs are barking for the bird

You are the one that brought fear to yourself. How can you catch a harmless bird. You better release it ASAP.
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by 1972xy: 10:34pm On Apr 29, 2021
Abeni Agbon...�
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Mayehunta991: 10:34pm On Apr 29, 2021
Donbabafx1:
Uncle lala please help me, don't know if this is the right section but I'm really scared of this bird, it has human being eye balls and have eagles claws with awk head I'm just confused what to do with it

You be idiot...free the damn thing...person way wan kill you no go use bird but poison, gun or any sharp object ode.
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:34pm On Apr 29, 2021
Dats ur Aunty grin
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Zizicomm: 10:36pm On Apr 29, 2021
ajani68:
Lizard Buzard

OP just dey find attention jareh shey e go buy cage for d bird as e catch am niii?!

Oil dey ya head!
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Adext4sure(m): 10:41pm On Apr 29, 2021
Donbabafx1:
Uncle lala please help me, don't know if this is the right section but I'm really scared of this bird, it has human being eye balls and have eagles claws with awk head I'm just confused what to do with it

Thanks NL mods and NL users both the constructive and backlash users.

I'm a pet lover generally but I was really scared when I caught this bird because it stared at me like a human being. After many tips and advice by NL pet experts and users, I've learnt a lot and done my research too.

I released the bird on the count that it feeds on fresh and smaller animals which I'd not be able to provide optimally.

Thanks.
No be like this my eyes take be ooh..
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by witworth(m): 10:42pm On Apr 29, 2021
asha80:
tame it? Just like that without experience on the nature of the bird? It wouldn't last one week
don't worry, e no need to have 10 years experience to tame a bird, no need to climb mount everest, studies plenty online nowadays
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 29, 2021
Thanks.
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Nostradamus: 10:46pm On Apr 29, 2021
Donbabafx1:

It's called cane corso
alright. Thanks boss.

I noticed the large paws.that dog look solid Sha.
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by favorite123: 10:51pm On Apr 29, 2021
The name is owl, you can search for it on facebook.
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Femeto: 10:52pm On Apr 29, 2021
Its a falcon. Just give me make I go sell am for Dubai.
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by donbenie(m): 10:56pm On Apr 29, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:

Lizard buzzard is not a rare or endangered bird. You can destroy it of you want to.
So because it is not rare nor endangered it's life should be worth less..

Why kill it if you are not going to eat it?
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by abuhari: 11:00pm On Apr 29, 2021
Please release that beautiful creature
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Danosophe(m): 11:04pm On Apr 29, 2021
Contact a Zoo. Sell or give it to them
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by superCleanworks(m): 11:32pm On Apr 29, 2021
Donbabafx1:

Does it have economic value?

What is your economic value?
I will give you 5 million naira if you answer correctly.
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by xjiggy: 11:38pm On Apr 29, 2021
PlayMaker14:
It seems you were expecting this beautiful Aduwawa Falcon.... You quickly bought a cage for her.

Anyway, Aduwawa Falcon are highly sensitive and operate effectively in the spiritual and physical realm.

They're mostly found in the Rural area of Edo State and if well trained, they can speak 16 Nigerian language.
How u take know Aduwawa. Abi na College rd you dey stay
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Checked86: 11:51pm On Apr 29, 2021
Donbabafx1:
We call it ngbashi(witch) or ogwugwu in Nsukka. It can turn its neck 360°
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by ultimatekint(m): 11:56pm On Apr 29, 2021
Aisha
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Bobbybrwon(m): 11:57pm On Apr 29, 2021
You wanna sell?
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by alexola20(m): 12:12am On Apr 30, 2021
Please free the bird.Please God bless you.
Look at its eyes,see through its eyes,please let it go.
Donbabafx1:

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Dog Kept Barking At Me Don't Know Until I Goggled This / Photos Of The Chimpanzee And Monkey A Hunter Brought Home This Morning / 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.