Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? - Pets (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? (81835 Views)

This Little Bird Lost Its Way Into My Compound / Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) / I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Vlain: 12:50am On Apr 30, 2021
PlayMaker14:
It seems you were expecting this beautiful Aduwawa Falcon.... You quickly bought a cage for her.

Anyway, Aduwawa Falcon are highly sensitive and operate effectively in the spiritual and physical realm.

They're mostly found in the Rural area of Edo State and if well trained, they can speak 16 Nigerian language.

Really!!!!! Speak 16 languages. How is that even possible?
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by olamide0147: 1:16am On Apr 30, 2021
Jimmyubah2:
The one that flew from Australian zoo to Nigeria?
Flew from Australia zoo to another zoo lmao
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Myself2(m): 2:22am On Apr 30, 2021
asha80:
the bird isn't rare but quite common

That's not true. Why then does it appear many on nairalanders are just seeing the picture for the first time

The common birds in Nigeria are the pigeons and the doves, you need to see the number of pigeons in my estate alone.Thats common . This one is not common like them and people will buy it for good money
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by KINGKONG(m): 3:23am On Apr 30, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:

Lizard buzzard is not a rare or endangered bird. You can destroy it of you want to.

Yeah that's true.... It's a least concerned bird
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by KINGKONG(m): 3:24am On Apr 30, 2021
Akinola100:

This guy, your thinking get as he be.
Anything God creates dey get value, God no dey create for fun. The bird is very important, it has a role to play in the Ecosystem.
If I may ask you, do you and your dog have economic value?

LMFAO grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by KINGKONG(m): 3:40am On Apr 30, 2021
LuQuLuQu:

How did you catch it cos I have some around my house always hunting for lizards. I love to catch one. Please tell me

Why would you want to catch a bird hunting lizards in your compound? Does it make any sense?

If dem catch you just for strolling shey you no go vex?
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by KINGKONG(m): 3:43am On Apr 30, 2021
Olayetan:

So he needs a license to sell the bird?

You need a license to sell exotic birds....but I won't classify this bird as one though....

Some countries it's illegal to smuggle exotic birds.... Some carries death penalty or life imprisonment
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by KINGKONG(m): 3:44am On Apr 30, 2021
Kizyte:
It's a Lizard Buzzard or Lizard Hawk, it's a bird of prey in the family Accipitridae. It is native to Sub-Saharan Africa. Despite its name, it may be more closely related to the Accipiter hawks than the Buteo buzzards

Copy and paste....but you forgot to credit the source
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by KINGKONG(m): 3:53am On Apr 30, 2021
Donbabafx1:

It's called cane corso

What an innocent looking to be dangerous dog when grown up

Wetin you dey carry this kind dangerous dog do? Hope you train the dog well sha
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by KINGKONG(m): 3:55am On Apr 30, 2021
Myself2:

That's not true. Why then does it appear many on nairalanders are just seeing the picture for the first time

The common birds in Nigeria are the pigeons and the doves, you need to see the number of pigeons in my estate alone.Thats common . This one is not common like them and people will buy it for good money

When you go village, you go know say e common...... E plenty for my village and they feed on lizard and chicks sef
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Holluwatarhyor(m): 4:11am On Apr 30, 2021
Bird wey I dey find way I go take kill,na im I dey see people dey shout no kill for here....these birds built a nest on a tree beside my compound,they have killed 9 of my chicks,the ones here dey too fast and smart,even catapult no gree kill am,na lizard I dey see dem kill b4,they've graduated to reducing my fowls by killing all the chicks I have
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Holluwatarhyor(m): 4:13am On Apr 30, 2021
KINGKONG:

When you go village, you go know say e common...... E plenty for my village and they feed on lizard and chicks sef
God bless you jare..those things don almost chop my chicks finish
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by chameleon98: 4:27am On Apr 30, 2021
SkengRay:
it's called a Lizard Buzzard. But when Its inside peppersoup it's called Bush Meat grin

Naso una Dey chop una destiny.. bird of 700k
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Nobody: 5:47am On Apr 30, 2021
There are apps that help identify items we don't know naaaa

Brixby for Samsung

Picture this

With these apps you can identify even plants, you will be told what's edible or dangerous.
What's used for what n what not.

Donbabafx1:
Please help with the name and little information about this giant bird I caught in my house. I'm scared even my dogs are barking for the bird
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by jeff1607(m): 6:25am On Apr 30, 2021
Donbabafx1:
Please help with the name and little information about this giant bird I caught in my house. I'm scared even my dogs are barking for the bird

How is the bird now?

Freed? Died? Burnt?

Free the bird

1 Like

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by naturefellow(m): 6:27am On Apr 30, 2021
Donbabafx1:

Does it have economic value?
must you consider monetary gain for everything, including wildlife

This is a raptor, it has better chances of survival in the wild than in captivity.

Letting it go is the right action to take.
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by naturefellow(m): 6:28am On Apr 30, 2021
primeFestus:
There are apps that help identify items we don't know naaaa

Brixby for Samsung

Picture this

With these apps you can identify even plants, you will be told what's edible or dangerous.
What's used for what n what not.
add Google Lens

1 Like

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by naturefellow(m): 6:29am On Apr 30, 2021
KINGKONG:

Why would you want to catch a bird hunting lizards in your compound? Does it make any sense?

If dem catch you just for strolling shey you no go vex?
don't mind them! Later they'll be whining about banditry and kidnappers undecided
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by naturefellow(m): 6:32am On Apr 30, 2021
Donbabafx1:
I'm damned scared, it looks like a threat but I dont what to burn it yet
spend time birdwatching. You learn more about birds and grow less scared of them
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Godsown0: 6:45am On Apr 30, 2021
Donbabafx1:
I'm damned scared, it looks like a threat but I dont what to burn it yet
Well fed dogs cool
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by delpee(f): 6:47am On Apr 30, 2021
Free the bird or take it to the Lekki Conservation Centre if you're in Lagos.

You'll starve it to death if you keep it at home since it's a bird of prey.

Please do what is right.
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Sleekfun: 7:55am On Apr 30, 2021
Take it to vet to sell it or market it online . Everything is money now .
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by kponkedenge(m): 8:01am On Apr 30, 2021
That's a lizard buzzard.
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Jimmyubah2: 8:29am On Apr 30, 2021
olamide0147:

Flew from Australia zoo to another zoo lmao
I dey tell you.
I read something like that a couple of months ago.
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Minesbetter(m): 8:33am On Apr 30, 2021
all things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small, all things wise and wonderful, the Lord God made them all....
You are great mighty God.
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by ocelot2006(m): 8:49am On Apr 30, 2021
It's called Village People Representative (VPR).
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Brytesp(m): 8:53am On Apr 30, 2021
PlayMaker14:
It seems you were expecting this beautiful Aduwawa Falcon.... You quickly bought a cage for her.

Anyway, Aduwawa Falcon are highly sensitive and operate effectively in the spiritual and physical realm.

They're mostly found in the Rural area of Edo State and if well trained, they can speak 16 Nigerian language.

Like seriously dude 16 language....
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Myself2(m): 9:04am On Apr 30, 2021
KINGKONG:

Wow, with the beautiful colours on that bird, your village must be enjoying their beautiful sights
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by dankorode(m): 9:20am On Apr 30, 2021
Pierocash:
This is Iya Abeni going to meeting but missed her way. You go catch am and asking for her name,your dogs have foresight and have started protesting,but you are here asking for her name.

You better let go before members come for you
you no serious
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 9:26am On Apr 30, 2021
FarahAideed:
It's a duck hawk also known as peregrine falcon.. actually the fastest animal in earth , wetin make you catch sef ?..please release it now ...they reside alot in Lagos ..see them everyday in Lagos
Do u mean fastest bird, cause i'm shocked as to hw dz is d supposed fastest animal on earth
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by FarahAideed: 9:29am On Apr 30, 2021
PrinceofAgoAre:
Do u mean fastest bird, cause i'm shocked as to hw dz is d supposed fastest animal on earth

The Duckhawk also known as Peregrine is the fastest animal in earth ...there nothing to argue here

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by BalogunIdowu(m): 10:06am On Apr 30, 2021
Why do you want to burn it?
Are you from burkina faso?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Dog Kept Barking At Me Don't Know Until I Goggled This / Photos Of The Chimpanzee And Monkey A Hunter Brought Home This Morning / 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.