Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? (21702 Views)

Check Out My Daughters' Emotional Reaction To Our Baby Amnouncement / Christmas Gift For My Daughters / I Won't Collect Bride Price For My Daughters If Disvirgined Before Marriage- Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by Hemanwel(m): 12:41pm On Apr 30, 2021
frozen70:

Calm down, at three years, if she starts exhibiting those qualities you mention, you will be worried for her age

Start working on her at home

Seay her down and tell her how you feel about her quiet attitude

Children loves counseling

With time she will pick up
Will try to adopt this strategy
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by Hemanwel(m): 12:48pm On Apr 30, 2021
CalmElder:
Cultivate whatever trait you want to see in them. You're their role model for now.
Encourage your wife to do same.
Reason I am here asking how to do it.
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by Hemanwel(m): 12:55pm On Apr 30, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

BRING them to the United States.
Leave them in someone's custody.
Den come back next year, and see the miracle 4urself.
You'll observe untamed Confidence, Smartness, Boldness at public speaking, uttering 5000 sentences in 2 minutes and many more, that you would wish you never brought them in, in the 1st place. grin
It can also be achieved here, I believe.
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by Hemanwel(m): 12:58pm On Apr 30, 2021
Rubbiish:

Just 3 years??
Were u confident at 3??
What does a 3 years old know?
Please do not ruin the lives of these kids, they still small & girls too. Instead of u to be happy for having quiet kids, u want troublesome ones?
I honestly don't want troublesome children. Don't get me wrong.
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by CalmElder(m): 1:29pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hemanwel:
Reason I am here asking how to do it.

Criticality and honestly analyse yourself and make improvements accordingly. You will have to be deliberate.
E.g I use to be very very timid and careful to not offend anyone, most times to my own detriment. I'm more open about my feelings now. There's now a limit to what I to tolerate, I'm now very conscious of the right thing to say and do, when to say, and when to refrain from saying anything or taking an action and be respectful.
Most importantly, I'm learning to truly let go, honestly forgive.
I'm a very bold, but more quiet and reflective person now from years of practice.
Keyword : DELIBERATE ( Know why and what you're doing)

1 Like

Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by Pacesetter2021: 2:42pm On Apr 30, 2021
michru:

You mean like homosexuals and transgendered? God put that trait in them?

I'm not sure we know what's happening in western culture today.
I didn't in any way shape nor FORM imply what you just stated. GOD IS NOT AN AUTHOR OF CONFUSION.
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by ImaIma1(f): 4:03pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hemanwel:
Good morning dear nairalanders!

I have two daughters: one will be 3 years old later in the year and the other will be 1 next month. I noticed that my first daughter is too timid. She gets easily frightened by her peers. She is quiet. She will allow just anybody to carry her - even those whom she is older and bigger than - without any resistance.

I really don't like these attributes about her. I want her to have the boldness to resist some of these things. I want her to be aggressive. I want her to grow up having confidence in doing things her way.
I also wish to instill that in the second child. Thank you!

lalasticlala

I understand what you mean. I also have a 3yr old daughter but she's the opposite of your daughter. She enjoys playing with older children and will be the one to go introduce herself and ask for their names, even adults. She's quite bold and outspoken.

I think it has more to do with their character than what we can do. But it might help that while bringing her up, we allowed her to express herself freely without always scolding her or letting her think she was wrong.

We allowed her some kind of independence for her age, not always shielding her from doing stuff. Just overseeing and coming in where necessary.

But let your daughter be if that's who she is. Just make sure you try to make her feel free to express herself.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by ETHIX(m): 4:51pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hemanwel:

I have two daughters: one will be 3 years old later in the year and the other will be 1 next month. I noticed that my first daughter is too timid. She gets easily frightened by her peers. She is quiet. She will allow just anybody to carry her - even those whom she is older and bigger than - without any resistance.

I really don't like these attributes about her. I want her to have the boldness to resist some of these things. I want her to be aggressive. I want her to grow up having confidence in doing things her way.

Let them watch YouTube frequently
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by letitrainnow(m): 4:53pm On Apr 30, 2021
Read Bible stories book to her
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by Mutemenot(m): 4:53pm On Apr 30, 2021
Relocate to Ajegunle or Borno, u 'll thank Me later

1 Like

Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by The5DME(m): 4:53pm On Apr 30, 2021
There's only one person I know on this platform who can help you.

Cc Billyonaire666
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by GeneralPula: 4:54pm On Apr 30, 2021
Them go help you teach her when she grows up!
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by izubext007: 4:55pm On Apr 30, 2021
let's know that, what ever happens, u are there in are back
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by Eroj: 4:55pm On Apr 30, 2021
Introduce her to sport

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by brainbankerzzz: 4:56pm On Apr 30, 2021
wow

Nice one

Do it your self

Graphics

Website(social media, ecommerce, blog etc)

SEO (Rank your website on search engine)

Social Media advert Online marketing

Build a form for data entry Extract or analyse data

All the above to do it by yourself , I will you

Produce your on music at home and Edith Video

Also need a cheap website check signature for WhatsApp
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 4:57pm On Apr 30, 2021
start exposing her more to christianity and also let her know that Buhari is a terror.
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by kenodrill: 4:57pm On Apr 30, 2021
AsherAmari:

At 3, I think she's still too young for you to be begin to worry. Wait until shes 5 then check for any improvement.

How are you doing
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by lewinsky2003: 4:57pm On Apr 30, 2021
Encourage them to watch wrestling... Thank me later
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by richmond500: 4:57pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hemanwel:

Please I deh beg u with the name of anything u believe, don't install aggressiveness in that small child.

Most children are born introvert and u can't change it, all u have to do is continuously take her out, allow her to associate with people, take her to market square Kilimanjaro etc, drive around to where people her, it won't change the introverted nature in her but she won't turn a total slowpoke, but if u try to install aggressiveness, u may end up frightening ur child and install low self esteem in her

1 Like

Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by femi4: 4:59pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hemanwel:

Let her be. At that age, they are still developing trying to understand their environment.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by bamisho: 4:59pm On Apr 30, 2021
when she's a bit older if she's still timid you can enroll her in a drama class as that may bring her out of her shell. Generally though some people are more gentle and calm than others

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 30, 2021
kenodrill:

How are you doing

I'm good.
Thank you.
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by musicwriter(m): 5:00pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hemanwel:

I guess you're more interested in how they relate to their peers rather than long term confidence in themselves.

For your information, there's already a research by African-Americans on how to get their children confident. The result showed that confident African-Americans are those from wealthy families or those that studied history and knew their roots.

This's why the ancient Egyptians said "man know thyself".

1 Like

Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by gentlewind(m): 5:01pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hemanwel:

If you're the type that shout or quick to spank them for correctional purpose on simple matters, this might affect the confidence of such child. Make sure they are as free possible to relate with you, this will help in boosting their confidence.
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by Chizzychinny: 5:01pm On Apr 30, 2021
You have nothing to worry about. Most first born are usually quiet, they learn from their younger ones besides she's still tender
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by OneKinGuy(m): 5:01pm On Apr 30, 2021
Please ignore those saying god made her the way she is, bla bla bla, Whatever you know you can do to make your daughter better, Do it. The world isn't too kind to quite people.
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by Lagoon0: 5:04pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hemanwel:

That was how I dislike my father from childhood and kept it to myself .

My dad want me to be active as a boy instead of understand my nature is different from that of my sis.

I just chop knock that I don't understand undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by Chirowman(m): 5:05pm On Apr 30, 2021
They will grow up to be very confident ,they are still very young .
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by ecomalchemist(m): 5:06pm On Apr 30, 2021
She gon be alright, do you hear me ' do you feel me.
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by WoundedLamb: 5:06pm On Apr 30, 2021
She's still a baby. It's too early to tell what her personality would be. Let her be. Being calm is not a bad thing. Are you guys not the ones looking for calm and obedient women to marry?
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hemanwel:

Oga,pls allow her grow.
Dont offend me abeg.

My Daughter is 6!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie / Name Abraham Daniel: Have You Seen This Man? / Man Batter Sister, Says Her Testimony Made Court Dissolve His Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.