Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,111 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? (21686 Views)

Check Out My Daughters' Emotional Reaction To Our Baby Amnouncement / Christmas Gift For My Daughters / I Won't Collect Bride Price For My Daughters If Disvirgined Before Marriage- Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by cayorday89(m): 11:12pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hemanwel:
Good morning dear nairalanders!

I have two daughters: one will be 3 years old later in the year and the other will be 1 next month. I noticed that my first daughter is too timid. She gets easily frightened by her peers. She is quiet. She will allow just anybody to carry her - even those whom she is older and bigger than - without any resistance.

I really don't like these attributes about her. I want her to have the boldness to resist some of these things. I want her to be aggressive. I want her to grow up having confidence in doing things her way.
I also wish to instill that in the second child. Thank you!
She is prolly too young to be bothered with all these, if I may ask how free are they, is it that you lock them up and stay indoor most times, this could play a part rather let them mix up with other children and play hard but guided not only in school but at home and in church, they tend to learn from others and this way they can build their self confidence and with time as they advance in age you play the part of talking to them and get to hear from them also not every time you do the talking, by the way there is no specific manual to train a child, pikin wey go calm go remain calm and the one wey go wild go still wild even if you no let am see sun for years...
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 30, 2021
I don't know what your background is, in my opinion tell them the blunt truth, also teach them Financial literacy, encourage and motivate them to learn a skill, I'm in my mid/late 20's my experience is most young girls loose confidence in themselves because of their priorities, like the saying says "if you do not stand for something you will fall for anything".
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by Slurity(m): 11:55pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hemanwel:

I have two daughters: one will be 3 years old later in the year and the other will be 1 next month. I noticed that my first daughter is too timid. She gets easily frightened by her peers. She is quiet. She will allow just anybody to carry her - even those whom she is older and bigger than - without any resistance.

I really don't like these attributes about her. I want her to have the boldness to resist some of these things. I want her to be aggressive. I want her to grow up having confidence in doing things her way.
at 3, she will still switch to another person entirely, judtbpray that part of her switch too
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by gees101(m): 12:44am On May 01, 2021
leave them alone make them grow naturally, nor go dey worry 3 & 1 yrs old pikin abeg..... u just dey look for trouble where Wahala nor dey
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by calcal: 1:11am On May 01, 2021
You are one of the bad parents out there.

Challenging God, Creating artificial problems, unhappy, fake life, copy-cat, rat-race, etc.

Hemanwel:

Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by gaddafe(m): 6:36am On May 01, 2021
Hemanwel:

If you have spare time keep reading various stories for her. stories you know she would like. And please don't try changing her. You would be shocked when she changes because she will definitely change. At the age of 12 to 16 most children become quite aggressive especially the male. It is at this stage she will be needing constant advice. For now please let her and help her enjoy her childhood. Please these type of playing is very important for their sanity in later life
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by smd837(m): 7:30am On May 01, 2021
If you are a Christian train them to lead in church or any active group in the church, there are certain things she will be doing to help her lives and with God they are good to go.
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by RosyIsBlessed: 8:30am On May 01, 2021
Rekhi:
I hope you don't shut them down when they wanna be free?cos it affect their confidence and self esteem..Also,do you have confidence yourself?...See,our kids are like our replica..How was your childhood like,aint you timid as a child?..or your wifey?.if not,then sit back and watch as they change overtime.

This right here echoes the words I was about typing. Op take note of this.

Allow them to be free to express themselves whether it's good or bad. If it's bad, then correct them with love and not bullying. If their action/expression is positive,, praise them and encourage them to continue. Sit back and watch their self-esteem increase.
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by proclinician: 8:41am On May 01, 2021
Register them in taekwando and judo classes. They can take holiday lessons in karate too.
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by Ephatah: 10:50am On May 01, 2021
Don't shout at her
Push her to do stuff, enrol her in activities, piano lessons, football clubs,
Tell her she is great wen she does little things. She will do what you want without fuss so as much as possible don't yell.
Encourage her in academia. Go for her school events. Be friends with her asking about her day constantly so she gets used to telling you what happened. Teach her to know God early. Wish you all the best

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie / Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? / All The Drama That Happens When Your Parents Are Arguing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.