Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. (56525 Views)

A Nigerian Student Who Fled Ukraine To Germany Dies In A Swimming Accident (pic) / I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by golddust6000(m): 10:04am On Apr 29, 2021
Check on google which health insurance is good for EU countries, they are loads of them in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Kubernetes: 10:04am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:
I got the job via LinkedIn. A recruiter reached out to me and asked me if I would like to work remotely for 2000Eur per month? I said yes but after the interview, The decided to increase my salary and said they want me to come over.

Na so oo

Almost certain that you have programming skills.
Right?

1 Like

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by dododawa1: 10:04am On Apr 29, 2021
See this guy sha and format

4 Likes

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Nobody: 10:05am On Apr 29, 2021
Fear is like a wild animal.
If you want to tame it, you must get used to
its prescence.
That was how men learned to domesticate
dogs, horses, camels etc.
Through Familiarity.

The first man who saw a camel fled; The second ventured within distance; The third dared slip a halter round its head, Familiarity in this existence
Makes all things tame, what may seem
Terrible or bizarre, when Once our eyes have had time to acclimatize, Becomes quite
commonplace.

8 Likes

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by ahaika23: 10:05am On Apr 29, 2021
You’ll most probably be required to get a public insurance. A private insurance like mawista isn’t accepted by major companies. Ball in Germany bro, you will never regret it.

1 Like

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Genea(f): 10:06am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:
I just got my Visa to go to Germany. I am having cold feet making this journey. I have already told my boss I am leaving my current position.

I am yet to tell HR because of this cold feet. I have been in Qatar for 2years now and I think its best I move since I cannot marry and bring wify here.

The German company is paying for my flight and accommodation for 2 weeks but I am still having cold feet. The process is cumbersome.. I just realised I need health insurance to make this move. Where can i get such in Nigeria.

you better go, devil don dey play guitar for your head ooo. Goooooo

2 Likes

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by stevenosa(m): 10:06am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:
I just got my Visa to go to Germany. I am having cold feet making this journey. I have already told my boss I am leaving my current position.

I am yet to tell HR because of this cold feet. I have been in Qatar for 2years now and I think its best I move since I cannot marry and bring wify here.

The German company is paying for my flight and accommodation for 2 weeks but I am still having cold feet. The process is cumbersome.. I just realised I need health insurance to make this move. Where can i get such in Nigeria.

Guy, cut off the cold feet and replace it with artificial feet and run to Germany by force by fire.

1 Like

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 29, 2021
check ALLIANZ BRO. BE BOLD TO MOVE. WHEN U COME, GUYS RE AVAILABLE TO PROVIDE INFO.
onyi2k:

1 Like

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by jimter44(m): 10:07am On Apr 29, 2021
It's like you are joking.
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by usb2016(m): 10:07am On Apr 29, 2021
Cold feet? angry No be Juju be that? Anyways to get Health Insurance Certificate, kindly contact any reputable insurance company to prepare same for you at a cost not higher than 30k to 50K Max. I remembered IGI Insurance did my in 2013 for about 15k then for Sweden.

[/quote]
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Genea(f): 10:07am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:
I got the job via LinkedIn. A recruiter reached out to me and asked me if I would like to work remotely for 2000Eur per month? I said yes but after the interview, The decided to increase my salary and said they want me to come over.

Na so oo

so happy for your. What is your line of work?

1 Like

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Itulah(m): 10:08am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

Holla back, and I'll send you the link to the one I used last. Very affordable.

1 Like

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Mutemenot(m): 10:08am On Apr 29, 2021
As an experienced traveller, such cold feet is common, most especially when you realize how difficult it is to associate with your new environment.. Another cos of it is when you have a family Here, it's not always easy to leave them ... Just make a move, u 'll be fine las las

5 Likes

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by iguita: 10:08am On Apr 29, 2021
Nobi dollars oo, na Euro. It's 1.14m per month. Though na rent go chop everything for Germany. OP will be paying as much as 750 Euro on rent. Still not reason for him to have cold feet though. Like somebody posted above, OP, cut your cold feet or dip am inside hot water. Also try to study further, Germany has free education.
Akanimoh113:

900k is no small money oo
They will even increase it for you fa

That's Approximately a N1M

Bro... Do not hesitate
Move!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Lifeo3008: 10:10am On Apr 29, 2021
Pls contact me for ur health insurance on 07043936972. I work with an health insurance organization.

onyi2k:

1 Like

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by golddust6000(m): 10:10am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

Na so oo

2000 eur salary can’t get you anywhere in Germany. And I believe the 2k eur is not after tax.
After you pay house rent and bills you go no wetin be Europe

8 Likes

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by AuroraB(f): 10:10am On Apr 29, 2021
Nonexistent:
You have been in Qatar for 2years, you recently got a job in Germany and they are paying for your flight and accommodation for two weeks. All that you need is health insurance to start the job so why don't you get the health insurance in that your Qatar? Why involve Nigeria or are you trying to listen to the evil music your village people are playing for you?
Make una leave am make he dance to the music join. Ogbasadim undecided grin cheesy
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Penpaddie: 10:11am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

Can you put me in your ecolac box when traveling, don't worry, when i get there I'll find my way, damn tired of this country
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by arsetalks(m): 10:11am On Apr 29, 2021
Nbotee:

U well so?? U already have work visa with with company paying ur flight and accommodation and UR DEVELOPED COLD FEET?? My friend U beta cut those feet and move or find heater or oven wear for those feet...
Not everyone wants to Nigeria. I had the same issue though Buhari has made me regret not leaving but someone had no real reason to want to leave.
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Kasca: 10:12am On Apr 29, 2021
It is okay to develop cold feet but please pass the opportunity to those of us that our feet is in japa default mode. We've got hot feet abeg

4 Likes

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by worldcutestguy: 10:13am On Apr 29, 2021
Are you? are you? are you normal?

1 Like

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Mboi: 10:14am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

Village people at work. Better set to get everything they need and migrate immediately no matter how difficult it is. This is a life changing opportunity and if you miss this.. hmmmm
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by AuroraB(f): 10:14am On Apr 29, 2021
golddust6000:

2000 eur salary can’t get you anywhere in Germany. And I believe the 2k eur is not after tax.
After you pay house rent and bills you go no wetin be Europe
Spanner undecided
Give am better one naa angry
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

You could check Coracle for free travel health insurance. You could also sign up for public health insurance like TK or AOK when you’re in Germany (being insured is compulsory in Germany), or possibly via the internet from your current location. Which of the cities would you be staying in Germany?

P.S. It’s normal to have a cold feet when you’re moving to a new country.

1 Like

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by midehi2(f): 10:15am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

I have gotten the visa and e dey my passport. I don inform the company too.

Comma enter ur suitcase follow you cheesy
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by spencekat(m): 10:15am On Apr 29, 2021
Glocal1:
Congratulations!!!
Please share the process involved in applying and securing the job?

It's[b][/b] normal to have such feeling when one is about to leave a comfort zone for an uncharted terrain[b][/b].
Do not hesitate to move.
You can ask your employer about the health insurance.
Very true!
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Alonso4444: 10:17am On Apr 29, 2021
Bros abeg wait make your village people advice you
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Pidginwhisper: 10:18am On Apr 29, 2021
AuroraB:
Make una leave am make he dance to the music join. Ogbasadim undecided grin cheesy
kiss
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Eke40seven(m): 10:18am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

What city are you heading to? In what sector did you get your job. If you are coming to Bavaria, you can PM me so we can have a chat and probably link you to some other professionals who might share their own experience..

You are even lucky you got a job straight without having to go through the school system here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Damolaskynov: 10:18am On Apr 29, 2021
Congrats bro, good move.

Things to know:

-The 2000 or so Euros is brutto(gross), just remove about 33% of that as taxes to calculate what you actually receive in your account (netto) when salary gets paid

- Prepare to learn German if you want to really enjoy your stay. At least you can tell that the Qataris are more comfortable with you if you speak Arabic. It's the same everywhere, you are immediately comfortable around any foreigner that can speak your language or dialect. Prepare to learn German even if you don't need it to work.

- Depending on where in Germany you eventually end up, you'll quickly realize that rent is probably going to be your major monthly expense.

- If you are already on a health insurance plan in Qatar, you can use that. If the health insurance is from Nigeria, you can go to any AXA Mansard close to you and buy Schengen health insurance plan. I'll suggest you do for 6 months so as not to get stuck

- The weather is really good grin Unlike the hellfire heat you are probably used to in Qatar

All the best bro !!

6 Likes

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by golddust6000(m): 10:18am On Apr 29, 2021
AuroraB:
Spanner undecided
Give am better one naa angry
all am saying is 2k salary is nothing compared to the standard of living in germany

3 Likes

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Cmanforall: 10:18am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

Are you in Qatar or Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Panic As Massive Deportation Of Nigerians From Germany Begins Tomorrow / Omole Estate: One Of Lagos's Oldest Residential Estates (pics, Video) / A Nigerian Student Who Fled Ukraine To Germany Dies In A Swimming Accident (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.