Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,980 members, 7,799,336 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. (56428 Views)

A Nigerian Student Who Fled Ukraine To Germany Dies In A Swimming Accident (pic) / I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 29, 2021
I can imagine your state of mind. For those who have never had to make such life changing decision, it's not easy.
I guess your cold feet is mostly about leaving the relative tranquility of Qatar for the hussle and buzzle (probably racist terrain) of Germany.
I would advise that you should try weighing the pros and the cons of each by writing them down. Once you are able to itemize them, you are better off making an informed decision rather than an emotional decision.

On the issue of insurance, I have always used Mansard. There rates are friendly and their terms are reasonable. Also, I can trust them due to affiliation with GTbank.
Just me though.
All the best going forward. Cheers!

PS.... Also read blogs on life and living in Germany as a foreigner.

onyi2k:
I have been working in the middle east for 2years... its normal for me to have this cold feet but I go still japa.. lol

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Naija147: 10:18am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:
I just got my Visa to go to Germany. I am having cold feet making this journey. I have already told my boss I am leaving my current position.

I am yet to tell HR because of this cold feet. I have been in Qatar for 2years now and I think its best I move since I cannot marry and bring wify here.

The German company is paying for my flight and accommodation for 2 weeks but I am still having cold feet. The process is cumbersome.. I just realised I need health insurance to make this move. Where can i get such in Nigeria.

My guy give me the visa procurement contact I beg
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by spencekat(m): 10:19am On Apr 29, 2021
Kingrefreshed:

No chills at all. " you better cut those feet's and MOVE" caught me grin grin grin grin
Even me grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by IbrahimSkiba(f): 10:19am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:
I just got my Visa to go to Germany. I am having cold feet making this journey. I have already told my boss I am leaving my current position.

I am yet to tell HR because of this cold feet. I have been in Qatar for 2years now and I think its best I move since I cannot marry and bring wify here.

The German company is paying for my flight and accommodation for 2 weeks but I am still having cold feet. The process is cumbersome.. I just realised I need health insurance to make this move. Where can i get such in Nigeria.

Pass me the baton
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by AuroraB(f): 10:21am On Apr 29, 2021
golddust6000:
all am saying is 2k salary is nothing compared to the standard of living in germany
Did you ask if the pay is a discouragement to him
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Aviicci1: 10:22am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

AIICO insurance company Lagos for your travel health insurance
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by TheGiftedOne(m): 10:22am On Apr 29, 2021
Glocal1:
Congratulations!!!
Please share the process involved in applying and securing the job?

It's normal to have such feeling when one is about to leave a comfort zone for an uncharted terrain.
Do not hesitate to move.
You can ask your employer about the health insurance.

Nigeria comfort zone or are my eyes deceiving me? You dey OK?

3 Likes

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by alausaone(m): 10:23am On Apr 29, 2021
chat me on +33753439350 health insurance is not cost with 10, 000 naira u wll have health insurance
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Cholls(m): 10:23am On Apr 29, 2021
Nbotee:

U well so?? U already have work visa with with company paying ur flight and accommodation and UR DEVELOPED COLD FEET?? My friend U beta cut those feet and move or find heater or oven wear for those feet...
my if he cut those feet them he won't any feet to move na
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by ekerintee: 10:25am On Apr 29, 2021
2000 Euros per month ?.IT Looks small .what Kind of Job are you going to do there .That will detwrmine If the pay is Wörth IT.dont get trapped into some Slave Jobs .you need to Look at the contract ,the Nature of the Job .If they Tell you 2000 Euros before tax.by the time ,they remove Tax,you pay for accomodation ,all bills.you need to Know what is left.if you are coming for a Professional Job,2000 Euros is far small .depending on the City you are going,cost of living is high based on different City .the contract May specify that you will be on probation for 6 month ,If you dont deliver .you are Kicked Out .You have language to Deal with ,so If its a Job that does Not require german.you May cope ,learning German May Take years to be fluent lol.so If i will advice you,study your contract and dont JUMP to a miserable job.i Know a Guy WHO left Nigeria to discover He is trapped to a Job which involves working 12 hours a day under harsh conditions with No insurance and very little pay.Its a good Thing to travel abroad ,But be smart .have a nice day

onyi2k:
I got the job via LinkedIn. A recruiter reached out to me and asked me if I would like to work remotely for 2000Eur per month? I said yes but after the interview, The decided to increase my salary and said they want me to come over.

Na so oo

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by IVORY2009(m): 10:26am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

It's a good move you took, also it depands on the nature of your contact with the German company, some of the companies do pay for your health insurance, similarly the embassy might require you to bring travel health insurance, before they can issue you visas, there are lots of health insurance companies in Germany, like Aok, Bermen, Ika Sud west all this are public and private like Mawister etc, it depends on your age, for them to know how much you would pay on a monthly basis.
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by onyi2k(m): 10:27am On Apr 29, 2021
No. 2800 after tax

golddust6000:

2000 eur salary can’t get you anywhere in Germany. And I believe the 2k eur is not after tax.
After you pay house rent and bills you go no wetin be Europe
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by sweetgala(m): 10:27am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

If you'll be relocating to Germany for work you'll need health insurance in Germany. Many companies offer health insurance as perk usually large corps and multinationals.

Otherwise use Google to research the major health insurance companies and packages available in Germany and use that.

Health insurance in most EU countries is very affordable and is tied into the social insurance scheme.

No need to have cold feet about Germany, it's a nice country the people can be very private thou you'll not have any busy body neighbors that's for sure.

2 Likes

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by CSTRR: 10:27am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

I am a software developer. I got the job from LinkedIN
Which area of tech are you in?

1 Like

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by benitwater(m): 10:27am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

my brother, don't let the fear of the unknown stop you from going to Germany,except there are much more blessing where you are presently but Not Nigeria,at least for now.

1 Like

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 29, 2021
It's normal to have cold feet. You've done the hard part, just take that step and follow through. Good luck in your new position
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Chinedumsimpero(m): 10:29am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:
I got the job via LinkedIn. A recruiter reached out to me and asked me if I would like to work remotely for 2000Eur per month? I said yes but after the interview, The decided to increase my salary and said they want me to come over.

Na so oo

U sure say no be wayo
Jxt like that�

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Damisam93(m): 10:31am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

Health insurance is easy, i get you one contact me on this number 08131111176
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by hustla(m): 10:32am On Apr 29, 2021
Village people
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by zeyheed(m): 10:33am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

Please how did u go about it. I have also been trying to get this. Please help me
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Omooba77: 10:33am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

Watch your back sir, Germans are still racists..My experience with their border police!

1 Like

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by onyi2k(m): 10:33am On Apr 29, 2021
Actually, its 2k Euros per month remotely. its 4,600 Euro before tax. Also, I have worked with them for 6months... Its a blue card I am getting. I cannot be trapped bro.

I sure die about that one

ekerintee:
2000 Euros per month ?.IT Looks small .what Kind of Job are you going to do there .That will detwrmine If the pay is Wörth IT.dont get trapped into some Slave Jobs .you need to Look at the contract ,the Nature of the Job .If they Tell you 2000 Euros before tax.by the time ,they remove Tax,you pay for accomodation ,all bills.you need to Know what is left.if you are coming for a Professional Job,2000 Euros is far small .depending on the City you are going,cost of living is high based on different City .the contract May specify that you will be on probation for 6 month ,If you dont deliver .you are Kicked Out .You have language to Deal with ,so If its a Job that does Not require german.you May cope ,learning German May Take years to be fluent lol.so If i will advice you,study your contract and dont JUMP to a miserable job.i Know a Guy WHO left Nigeria to discover He is trapped to a Job which involves working 12 hours a day under harsh conditions with No insurance and very little pay.Its a good Thing to travel abroad ,But be smart .have a nice day

1 Like

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by sharpwriter(m): 10:33am On Apr 29, 2021
jesmond3945:
why is your feet cold?
However, germans are not friendly and very cold but they love our music. Try and make friends with irish people. They are very nice. Also, learn the language. Prepare for the rude sales girl as well.

Lol... Rude sales girl keh? How do they show their rudeness and what trips them off?
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by onyi2k(m): 10:34am On Apr 29, 2021
Power of Linkedin

zeyheed:

Please how did u go about it. I have also been trying to get this. Please help me
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by onyi2k(m): 10:34am On Apr 29, 2021
omo
Omooba77:

Watch your back sir, Germans are still racists..My experience with their border police!
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by onyi2k(m): 10:35am On Apr 29, 2021
true... Make I take the risk. Blessings dey where I dey but I don tire for the middle east

benitwater:
my brother, don't let the fear of the unknown stop you from going to Germany,except there are much more blessing where you are presently but Not Nigeria,at least for now.
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Ritztravels: 10:36am On Apr 29, 2021

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Yaks02(m): 10:37am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

Na so oo

With a degree qualification abi?
Person no fit apply d place u wan leave?
May God pick my call abeg

1 Like

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by IVORY2009(m): 10:37am On Apr 29, 2021
iguita:
Nobi dollars oo, na Euro. It's 1.14m per month. Though na rent go chop everything for Germany. OP will be paying as much as 750 Euro on rent. Still not reason for him to have cold feet though. Like somebody posted above, OP, cut your cold feet or dip am inside hot water. Also try to study further, Germany has free education.

It depands on the city, and state he is going to, I currently pay 360.75 cent monthly
Rent: 250 euros
Deuchland radio and television bill: 18.75
Light, heating, cold water, warm water etc 52 euros

6 Likes

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by madridsta007(m): 10:39am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

Village people have activated their GPS on you.
Better go and pray.
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by damiloladuke: 10:39am On Apr 29, 2021
Good
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by ekerintee: 10:40am On Apr 29, 2021
Let me educate him small.2000 Euros is for a non Professional Job lol.so depending on the City .maybe after tax,etc He gets 1300 Euros .then He pays Rent ,etc .He May be only able to save 500 Euros lol..Study the contract ,He has to Know which City He is going to? Is the City friendly lol,what Part of Germany .cost of living inthe City .so if the cost of accomdation is 500 Euros and you have got to pay 100 Euros after tax.you May end Up with little .some Job are really stressful ,so is IT a Direct Job with a company ? Or a Zeit arbeit( Agent ) .so dont Just JUMP into a Job and end Up in regrets.if you are married .2000 Euros Job is Not enough for a Family man after paying Rent and Bills .so you Had better negotiate Well with the company or WHO ever is bringing you down

golddust6000:

2000 eur salary can’t get you anywhere in Germany. And I believe the 2k eur is not after tax.
After you pay house rent and bills you go no wetin be Europe

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania / Welcome To Oshodi Bus Interchange, Lagos / Bad Manang Road In Nepal (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.