Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,470 members, 7,808,689 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. (56522 Views)

A Nigerian Student Who Fled Ukraine To Germany Dies In A Swimming Accident (pic) / I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 29, 2021
Bro having cold feet is normal, a lot of people are so surprised because they are still in Nigeria and would jump to this opportunity with speed.

If you are moving to Berlin, i can tell you that you would love it like mad. It has the Lagos effect in a positive way, It is not a dull city and transportation is the most effective & cheapest I have seen. Most people speak English and you wouldn't even need to learn more than the basic German at all in that city, if at all.

For health Insurance, use Axamansard health insurance plans on their website, pay for 3 months and print out your confirmation in colored. That's all you need.

onyi2k:
I just got my Visa to go to Germany. I am having cold feet making this journey. I have already told my boss I am leaving my current position.

I am yet to tell HR because of this cold feet. I have been in Qatar for 2years now and I think its best I move since I cannot marry and bring wify here.

The German company is paying for my flight and accommodation for 2 weeks but I am still having cold feet. The process is cumbersome.. I just realised I need health insurance to make this move. Where can i get such in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by SweetCunt97(f): 11:11am On Apr 29, 2021
ekerintee:
[q����
Fear naija Woman ,i dont need a wife lol .thanks .OP,i forget to Tell you .be careful of african women and be smart with White Woman .The downfall of a great man begins with associating with the wrong Woman and above all be careful with Fellow nigerians lol

uote author=SweetCunt97 post=101225458]Do u want a wife? I'm a matchmaker
Hmmmm, so Nigerian women are that bad?
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Seamareggae(m): 11:12am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:
I just got my Visa to go to Germany. I am having cold feet making this journey. I have already told my boss I am leaving my current position.

I am yet to tell HR because of this cold feet. I have been in Qatar for 2years now and I think its best I move since I cannot marry and bring wify here.

The German company is paying for my flight and accommodation for 2 weeks but I am still having cold feet. The process is cumbersome.. I just realised I need health insurance to make this move. Where can i get such in Nigeria.

In 2 years time, you will get permanent resident in Germany.... With your health insurance... You can visit any hospital....

You can travel to any EU country without stress.... Lots of Nigerians are in Germany....

Lemme pause here... All the best in your decision

3 Likes

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by femo86(m): 11:13am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

Thanks bro... I go run am...

Maybe ur company will give u perks. e.g payment of language studies for u

The language is very vital
I wish u best of luck
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by deadie(m): 11:13am On Apr 29, 2021
Christistruth00:

Travel Health Insurance is only about £10 for a month, you can purchase it online, the UK Post Office also sells it online and it. Covers Europe

Most employers here in Germany will insist on a public insurance (except the person is an extremely high earner), and it is the best to take. It is about 15.5% of one's salary and is deducted at source before your paycheck reaches you.

1 Like

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by bigtt76(f): 11:14am On Apr 29, 2021
Village people wan de your case eh? angry LOL you can get your health insurance from AXA Mansard (Schengen visa holder) you can also try some others too.

Baba, try go there joooooor. God is with you.

onyi2k:

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Goldbw122(m): 11:15am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

That means u need someone that will motivate u right, is that what u mean?
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by deavicky(m): 11:15am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

it ok to have a cold feet after all Germany is cold. As for the health insurance scheme there lot 9f the in Nigeria, just browse the net u will see them. Go to friend my friend!!.
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by onyi2k(m): 11:16am On Apr 29, 2021
Mainz.... I need some help.

deadie:

Where in Germany? I live in Germany - Mannheim region (for 12 years now, did my MSc and PhD here). I will be willing to guide you. It is an opportunity that you shouldn't let go. It is a good salary that you were given.
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by seyz91(m): 11:16am On Apr 29, 2021
Thought as much! you smart!
AngryIgboDon:
Most probably a scam story to get local clients... If u know, u know.

Those that will contact him Beware!!!

1 Like

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Seamareggae(m): 11:16am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

Actually, its 2k Euros per month remotely. its 4,600 Euro before tax. Also, I have worked with them for 6months... Its a blue card I am getting. I cannot be trapped bro.

I sure die about that one

If it's 4600 before tax, then you get like around 2600 after tax... And within one year of working in Germany...

Company will be willing to offer you higher salary to leave sef!
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by academySteps(m): 11:17am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

No masters. just purse BSC and coding skills
how far where una dy learn this coding skills
please do me a great favour and recommend where and how I can start learning things
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Starhearts: 11:18am On Apr 29, 2021
Pple should be careful here ooo.

I live in Cyprus , we use d same format to scam African pple here in Cyprus who desperate to go to USA.

It's a scam format.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by omanzo02: 11:22am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

There's nothing to have cold feet about, Germans are very nice people and one of the best place to get real professional experience, they will assist you to achieve your goals, majority understand and speak some good level of English language, so you may not have great barrier before you get to speak the local language. Make the move!

1 Like

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by onyi2k(m): 11:22am On Apr 29, 2021
www.freecodecamp.org

academySteps:

how far where una dy learn this coding skills
please do me a great favour and recommend where and how I can start learning things
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by onyi2k(m): 11:24am On Apr 29, 2021
How?

Starhearts:
Pple should be careful here ooo.

I live in Cyprus , we use d same format to scam African pple here in Cyprus who desperate to go to USA.

It's a scam format.

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by 36STATES: 11:29am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

The German company is paying for my flight and accommodation for 2 weeks but I am still having cold feet. T[b]he process is cumbersome.. I just realised I need health insurance to make this move. Where can i get such in Nigeria.

Really, your company is paying for your flight and accommodation but could not pay for your health insurance. You guys should stop posting all this tells by moonlight rubbish because some people here are European and American citizens for decades already. What makes you think we are all dumb? Do you speak German in the first place? You must be a nuclear scientist for Germans to give you visa to come work for them.

1 Like

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by dexoubie(m): 11:30am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

Congrats bro.. I tap into your testimony
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by samwash(m): 11:30am On Apr 29, 2021
@Op, am an inventor,one of my latest inventory is sock & shoe warmer I recommend it for your cold feet. I can send it to you to wear.
I will give you for free.
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by sharaff6(m): 11:31am On Apr 29, 2021
you beta start jogging..
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Pearlyakin(m): 11:31am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:
I got the job via LinkedIn. A recruiter reached out to me and asked me if I would like to work remotely for 2000Eur per month? I said yes but after the interview, The decided to increase my salary and said they want me to come over.

Na so oo

Congrats, can you pls share us the recruiters handle on LinkedIn pls
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by onyi2k(m): 11:32am On Apr 29, 2021
I got the job via www.djinni.co.

There are lots of remote job opportunities there for people in IT.

Also its incoming travel insurance. That is what the embassy called it

Glocal1:
Congratulations!!!
Please share the process involved in applying and securing the job?

It's normal to have such feeling when one is about to leave a comfort zone for an uncharted terrain.
Do not hesitate to move.
You can ask your employer about the health insurance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Denko2721987(m): 11:35am On Apr 29, 2021
Abeg bring that feet of yours make i warm am against your village people..
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by bigpicture001: 11:36am On Apr 29, 2021
The money is too small
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by ECHICHE: 11:42am On Apr 29, 2021
Pls, take advantage of the job opportunity. Germany is king of Europe, and also an organized economy.

Our leaders hv frustrated the destiny of Nigerian youth. There is no hope for now
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Sleekfingers: 11:42am On Apr 29, 2021
Richdee1:

Can you help me update my LinkedIn profile for recruiters for job??

oga go and do it yourself......go to google and read more about it....or go to quora.......na everything una go dey beg for?

3 Likes

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by mofedamijo(m): 11:46am On Apr 29, 2021
maasoap:

Even on monthly basis? Can't be that bad

Let me try to summarise.

1) House rent should be between €600 - 800 depending on city.
2) water and electricity bill maybe €50 depending.
3) feeding and water and groceries €300
4) internet €30
5)Tax €300
6) Health insurance €120

With some other expenses I did not mention. If you have a family with two kids, double the figures above. I am not saying like its not a cool salary. What am saying is that, its not a big salary in Germany.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Hongkog(m): 11:47am On Apr 29, 2021
jesmond3945:
why is your feet cold?
However, germans are not friendly and very cold but they love our music. Try and make friends with irish people. They are very nice. Also, learn the language. Prepare for the rude sales girl as well.
What kind of job?
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by BigDawsNet: 11:49am On Apr 29, 2021
You need a health insurance certificate to travel to Germany

How did you apply and get a shengen visa in the first place without health insurance??

D story get coma

4 Likes

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by TundeChris: 11:49am On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

It happens, but move ASAP!
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Litmus: 11:51am On Apr 29, 2021
golddust6000:
Check on google which health insurance is good for EU countries, they are loads of them in Nigeria.

He's an IT guy but doesn’t know that there are loads of insurance company's in Nigeria one can google up ? undecided
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:51am On Apr 29, 2021
36STATES:

Really, your company is paying for your flight and accommodation but could not pay for your health insurance. You guys should stop posting all this tells by moonlight rubbish because some people here are European and American citizens for decades already. What makes you think we are all dumb? Do you speak German in the first place? You must be a nuclear scientist for Germans to give you visa to come work for them.
You know nothing about tech. There's a serious hunt for people in IT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Omole Estate: One Of Lagos's Oldest Residential Estates (pics, Video) / A Nigerian Student Who Fled Ukraine To Germany Dies In A Swimming Accident (pic) / Natural Heart-Shaped Lake Toyoni In Japan (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.