Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. (56421 Views)

A Nigerian Student Who Fled Ukraine To Germany Dies In A Swimming Accident (pic) / I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by AllenSpencer: 1:41pm On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:
I just got my Visa to go to Germany. I am having cold feet making this journey. I have already told my boss I am leaving my current position.

I am yet to tell HR because of this cold feet. I have been in Qatar for 2years now and I think its best I move since I cannot marry and bring wify here.

The German company is paying for my flight and accommodation for 2 weeks but I am still having cold feet. The process is cumbersome.. I just realised I need health insurance to make this move. Where can i get such in Nigeria.

Let me tell you hard facts from experience putting in mind that money happens to be my own drive. The market is very competitive in Germany. If the pay gap is not worth it, don't make the move.

Outside religious, human rights and immigration constraints in Middle-East, the pay is very attractive.

The average luxury you can afford in Qatar, you will pay through your nose in Germany.

I want to believe you highly skilled and reason for my judgement.

The Middle-East is a befitting abode for expertraites. That can never be erased. The cultural mix is awesome.

1 Like

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Fishes247(m): 1:44pm On Apr 29, 2021
[quote author=jesmond3945 post=101204390]why is your feet cold?
However, germans are not friendly and very cold but they love our music. Try and make friends with irish people. They are very nice. Also, learn the language. Prepare for the rude sales girl as well. Do u live in Germany
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by dustydee: 1:50pm On Apr 29, 2021
Hmmmn, see format.
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Idonije8(m): 1:55pm On Apr 29, 2021
I don’t blame you undecided
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by SirBunky85(m): 2:01pm On Apr 29, 2021
Akanimoh113:

900k is no small money oo
They will even increase it for you fa

That's Approximately a N1M

Bro... Do not hesitate
Move!
so,for your calculative mind,a euro is equal to 450 abi?you sabi maths wella

1 Like

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by onyi2k(m): 2:02pm On Apr 29, 2021
Lol... why the beef?

I no need to prove anything to you.

Make I snap the visa for you? Anyways, I was not asked to bring insurance before giving me the visa.
2. I work for a reputable organisation here.
3. I am a software developer with 8yrs experience. I havw worked in 2 banks in Nigeria as a developer.
4. No dey beef me na. No be me make you dey miserable.

Its travel health insurance and not health insurance. It will enable me enter Germany.

Thats all

CookieBrown:

Thing is, you're not having cold feet but rather a COLD DARK heart. Here are the following errors you made in your story:

1. You got a visa in Qatar. A country you claim to be living in for 2 years yet, you want to get a health insurance in Nigeria? There aren't any in Qatar? How can any sane HR hire someone with this level of reasoning?

2. A question requires a question mark by the way. And the rest? Good lord

3. It is impossible to get an EU type visa without health insurance. So, how did you get a visa without one? Think hard and come up with a good lie for this one

4. "The German company is paying for my flight and accommodation for 2 weeks but I am still having cold feet. The process is cumbersome". So, which is it? I mean, you already got the visa and they're paying for your accommodation and flight. What is cumbersome about that?

5. A company that pays your accommodation and flight ticket cannot afford to get you health insurance? Really?

6. Next time, don't claim to be in the IT field as you're seriously lacking in intelligence. To get a work visa you need to have verifiable references and yes they'll check. Also, you need to have a degree in the field of study related to the job offer. Also, with years of verifiable experience.

7. Creating multiple fake accounts with fake replies of joy and interest to the subject at hand is an old classic move. It rarely works. Or maybe I'm wrong. Maybe people are really that desperate and ignorant

Get a life. Get a job. I mean, a real job!
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by cococandy(f): 2:06pm On Apr 29, 2021
Germany is one of the top feminist countries. That’s how you know it will be a good place to work and live. Feminist countries enjoy rights and development that other people want to immigrate to and experience too.

2 Likes

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Angelacruz: 2:25pm On Apr 29, 2021
Wow
onyi2k:
I got the job via LinkedIn. A recruiter reached out to me and asked me if I would like to work remotely for 2000Eur per month? I said yes but after the interview, The decided to increase my salary and said they want me to come over.

Na so oo

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Rhomio: 2:45pm On Apr 29, 2021
Well if all you need is a travel insurance from Qatar you can check QIC on google. I live and work in Qatar and I have used it for EU visa several and Germany to be precise. If your visa has been granted, you do not need the travel insurance as no one will ask for it when you are departing from Qatar or when you land in Deutschland. Peace

1 Like

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by CookieBrown: 2:47pm On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

Lol... why the beef?

I no need to prove anything to you.

Make I snap the visa for you? Anyways, I was not asked to bring insurance before giving me the visa.
2. I work for a reputable organisation here.
3. I am a software developer with 8yrs experience. I havw worked in 2 banks in Nigeria as a developer.
4. No dey beef me na. No be me make you dey miserable.

Its travel health insurance and not health insurance. It will enable me enter Germany.

Thats all

"I am a software developer with 8yrs experience. I havw worked in 2 banks in Nigeria as a developer". Right. Yet, you spell and write like a 5 year old. The joke is on you! A developer who doesn't know how to use the internet to get a health insurance.

You're a fake, a flake, and a very bad liar. What goes around comes around. This desperate need to scam people and show off with ill gotten proceeds will end you in trouble in the long run.

1 Like

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Shokoloko(f): 2:48pm On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:
I just got my Visa to go to Germany. I am having cold feet making this journey. I have already told my boss I am leaving my current position.

I am yet to tell HR because of this cold feet. I have been in Qatar for 2years now and I think its best I move since I cannot marry and bring wify here.

The German company is paying for my flight and accommodation for 2 weeks but I am still having cold feet. The process is cumbersome.. I just realised I need health insurance to make this move. Where can i get such in Nigeria.

health insurance: Contact AXA Mansard Nigeria. They provide for Canada so might be able to for Germany
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by princetigris(m): 2:51pm On Apr 29, 2021
Kkshanana90:

You could check Coracle for free travel health insurance. You could also sign up for public health insurance like TK or AOK when you’re in Germany (being insured is compulsory in Germany), or possibly via the internet from your current location. Which of the cities would you be staying in Germany?

P.S. It’s normal to have a cold feet when you’re moving to a new country.

Na only you address the insurance question.
OP. Get Axamansard travel insurance for 18k online with your Nigerian bank card. When you get there, try TK, AOK or DKK for public health insurance. No worry, your employer suppose to dey pay for the contribution every month
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Shokoloko(f): 2:57pm On Apr 29, 2021
36STATES:

Really, your company is paying for your flight and accommodation but could not pay for your health insurance. You guys should stop posting all this tells by moonlight rubbish because some people here are European and American citizens for decades already. What makes you think we are all dumb? Do you speak German in the first place? You must be a nuclear scientist for Germans to give you visa to come work for them.
My younger sister was recruited from Andela Nigeria to Germany. Flight and accommodation paid. Software developers do not require a lot of english. Just show coding projects. We did travel health insurance through AXA Mansard
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by planetx: 2:57pm On Apr 29, 2021
cococandy:
Germany is one of the top feminist countries. That’s how you know it will be a good place to work and live. Feminist countries enjoy rights and development that other people want to immigrate to and experience too.
How is a feminist country a good place to live?
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by yashika(m): 2:58pm On Apr 29, 2021
This story is not true. You got this job is Germany and you have been in Qatar for 2years and you are in Nigeria. This na story for the gods.
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Rexnegro(m): 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

Omo God don bless you but you want allow cold feets spoil things , cold feets kee you there lol �.. will you get up and start going my friend , bonbockaat
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by alasane: 3:23pm On Apr 29, 2021
Ok

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Kakamorufu(m): 3:27pm On Apr 29, 2021
E normal. You will still go last last
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by fatherrade: 3:28pm On Apr 29, 2021
Ok then

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by CookieBrown: 3:28pm On Apr 29, 2021
Shokoloko:

My younger sister was recruited from Andela Nigeria to Germany. Flight and accommodation paid. Software developers do not require a lot of english. Just show coding projects. We did travel health insurance through AXA Mansard

Lies. More lies! Being a developer is much more than writing code. Document reviews, planning, meetings with clients etc.. If you can't read and write properly in English or the language being used there, how in God's name will you understand a technical document or business requirement analysis?

Before development, you need to know what you're doing, understand documents about the SDLC and business model! "My younger sister was recruited from Andela Nigeria to Germany" Lol! yea right. More like Spain working night shifts around the corner.
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Rutheby(f): 3:38pm On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:

Congratulations onyi2k. Please move
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Shokoloko(f): 3:40pm On Apr 29, 2021
CookieBrown:

Lies. More lies! Being a developer is much more than writing code. Document reviews, planning, meetings with clients etc.. If you can't read and write properly in English or the language being used there, how in God's name will you understand a technical document or business requirement analysis?

Before development, you need to know what you're doing, understand documents about the SDLC and business model! "My younger sister was recruited from Andela Nigeria to Germany" Lol! yea right. More like Spain working night shifts around the corner.

That's a big lie. Indians here in Canada make up more than 70% of the software developers and they cannot speak English. You need to learn to keep your mind open.

3 Likes

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Eriokanmi: 3:40pm On Apr 29, 2021
AngryIgboDon:
Most probably a scam story to get local clients... If u know, u know.

Those that will contact him Beware!!!
You may right but not every information shared in nairaland is fake. Did you know...a lot of people here have declined to share their stories which could have helped lift lots of Nigerians out of poverty but because of scepticism, name-calling and doubts , some people chose not to say a word which had caused lots to miss such opportunities.

Before I travelled to USA to study, I got an remote job from far away USA. I was just browsing the jet one day and jammed the opportunity. But then, i had my paying job intact. The remote job mainly weekend jobs. I made money legitimately. I was able to pay my fees over there with ease, while in Nigeria. Every night, I'd go to a cafe for night browsing working online. I'd buy night browsing ticket at a cyber cafe unlike now when Internet is in every home and affordable. Its an online market research company. A couple of guys I introduced this to, became appreciative forever. On getting to USA, I continued with the company even as a student.

I shared my covid-19 experience here some months back. Come and see insults, abusive words rain over me despite uploading verifiable proofs to support my story. Not every story shared on the social media is fake or an attempt to scam or lure people into stuffs.
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by CookieBrown: 3:45pm On Apr 29, 2021
Shokoloko:

That's a big lie. Indians here in Canada make up more than 70% of the software developers and they cannot speak English. You need to learn to keep your mind open. Google "Thelma Ugonna Solid principles" From that page (please like the page - her article has been translated into several languages) check out her LinkedIn profile. She went from Andela Nigeria to Germany

Indians in Canada can't speak English? What's wrong with you people? Like really? Linkedin? Like many Nigerians on there with fake profiles scamming people?

Like I mentioned, Spain working late night shifts around the dark corners wink .
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Odingo1: 3:45pm On Apr 29, 2021
CookieBrown:

"I am a software developer with 8yrs experience. I havw worked in 2 banks in Nigeria as a developer". Right. Yet, you spell and write like a 5 year old. The joke is on you! A developer who doesn't know how to use the internet to get a health insurance.

You're a fake, a flake, and a very bad liar. What goes around comes around. This desperate need to scam people and show off with ill gotten proceeds will end you in trouble in the long run.

Haha grin grin grin grin cheesy too harsh sha.
The story sound fake. Before you will get a German work visa outside Germany, you must present a health insurance cover during your visa processing period. Health insurance must be included before the visa will be granted.

I live and work in Germany.
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Shokoloko(f): 3:49pm On Apr 29, 2021
CookieBrown:

Indians in Canada can't speak English? What's wrong with you people? Like really? Linkedin? Like many Nigerians on there with fake profiles scamming people?

Like I mentioned, Spain working late night shifts around the dark corners wink .

Did you go to that page? You just don't want to see another person "a lady" flying so high in what is probably your field.
Her article alone shows that she has got stuff that you probably, most likely don't have.

Better go to that page and learn SOLID principles.
And yes a lot of Indians in IT in Canada have such "wonderful' English it is painful to listen to. But you cannot be somewhere in Nigeria deciding what life is like in Canada

Finally, I agree that nobody needs to contact him privately - its not like he is asking them to anyways.

Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by biggy26: 3:56pm On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:
No I am not

Congrats, what kinda job? I gat fam there.
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by Brandconsultany: 3:58pm On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:
I got the job via LinkedIn. A recruiter reached out to me and asked me if I would like to work remotely for 2000Eur per month? I said yes but after the interview, The decided to increase my salary and said they want me to come over.

Na so oo

God bless you real good... And fear not bro.
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by biggy26: 4:04pm On Apr 29, 2021
AsherAmari:
Why suddenly develop cold feet?
Every spirit of cold feet, die by fire in Jesus name.
You better get going. Hian!
Spirits don't die bro.
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by niyidenrele: 4:13pm On Apr 29, 2021
AngryIgboDon:
Most probably a scam story to get local clients... If u know, u know.

Those that wipll contact him Beware!!!

That's why I love street boys
Always on the top of the game
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by cococandy(f): 4:21pm On Apr 29, 2021
planetx:
How is a feminist country a good place to live?
ask those rushing to emigrate there wink
Re: Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. by masarauta11(m): 4:22pm On Apr 29, 2021
onyi2k:
I got the job via LinkedIn. A recruiter reached out to me and asked me if I would like to work remotely for 2000Eur per month? I said yes but after the interview, They decided to increase my salary and said they want me to come over.

Na so oo

Thank God for you.

I also got a job via LinkedIn. Just like you. A recruiter send me a message that his client is looking for an employee, and he thinks I will be the best potential candidate for the position. The position is in Nairobi, Kenya. And, the company will take care of all the relocation costs(flight ticket, visa, work permit, covid test, 1 month accommodation, and relocation allowance). I agreed, and he submits my resume to them, and the rest is history. I just received my 1st salary yesterday.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania / Welcome To Oshodi Bus Interchange, Lagos / Bad Manang Road In Nepal (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.