Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,668 members, 7,801,930 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Help, I Am Almost Stuck And Disturbed About My Academics - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help, I Am Almost Stuck And Disturbed About My Academics (908 Views)

How Can I Succeed In My Academics And Future Of Work? / Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities / Seeking Help Concerning My Academics - Please Come To My Aid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, I Am Almost Stuck And Disturbed About My Academics by Gadafii: 3:42pm On Apr 28, 2021
Good day beautiful people

take your time to go thru this because I need your urgent, critical and sincere advise PLEASE!!!

in the year 2015,i applied for mass communication in my first jamb, chose unilorin and scored 264, when the post utme came up, I went there to write my exam and also get used to the school environment.

The result came out, I scored 63, unfortunately the school didn't use cut off marks for that year's admission requirements, but i was confident i will make the cut for the admission, unfortunately i didn't, omo the thing pain me that year, because every time I checked Facebook, I saw people posting there admission letters from unilorin (i joined a jambite unilorin group on Facebook) and all that, people i did better than in both jamb and post jamb, I later realized I should have greased some palms, this country nawa

So i moved on with life, looking forward to the next jamb, while i had already registereed for the next jamb, i got an admission letter from oe polytechnic i ogun state, because i was sad and didnt want to stay at home for another year, i jumped on that admission, my undoing.

I did my best in the polytechnic and came out with 3.0cgpa in 2017, unfortunately the school didnt have HND for the course i did. I had planned to do a direct entry to get into a university cos polytechnic wasnt my plan, but i havent been able to secure an admission back to shool since 2017.

though i have been working since 2018 to sustain my self, but all my attempts at direct entry were never fruitful, i even applied for HND in another polytechnic, i wasn't picked again, all these have frustrated me to some point i just don't want to try again, go back and perfect my fashion designing craft that maybe school isn't for me, but every year when i see people i know in 'koppa' uniform, i cant help but marvel at them, the smile of accomplishment on their faces, and the desire to go back to school again will be very heavy on my mind like solid frozen eba. all the people i started with are done now, some of my class mates were wise enough to start all over in 2018, now they are almost done with school too, all of these makes me feel like i have been stagnant academically, tho i still read books a lot, i get some online in pdf for easy access.

I have the desire to go to any academic length i desire, same thing my mom wants (she asks me evetime what's up with school, u no wan go bac school again ni )

Early this year i applied for HND MASS COMM in yabatech, but Nigerian school system can be vey annoying, there hasn't been any suitable news from that school, even those who got admission since 2019 are still in HND1 due to the lock down and the strike.

My School hasn't accredited HND mass comm, so i cant go back there, now Jamb form is on sale i am thinking of registering another course entirely and start from the scratch embarassed, but age is no longer on my side, or i should keep waiting for yabatech while i find time to go back to my fashion designing, but i know deep down i want to go beyond just HND OR B.sc

kindly help with your advise or suggestions, i am already fed up with everything, Thank you cry

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Help, I Am Almost Stuck And Disturbed About My Academics by CArt(m): 4:00pm On Apr 28, 2021
Never give up on your dreams. I went back to higher institution after 10 years of my Secondary school.
To the glory of God , I have no regret . Meanwhile before your admission clicks don't stay idle.

3 Likes

Re: Help, I Am Almost Stuck And Disturbed About My Academics by chatinent: 4:18pm On Apr 28, 2021
I can't mince words.

Save your money and invest it in a business with returns.

Don't add to the number of graduates with big portfolios and no job!
My opinion tho.

BTW, I love your zeal!
Re: Help, I Am Almost Stuck And Disturbed About My Academics by Maj196(m): 8:04am On Apr 29, 2021
Errm, I thought Mass comm. is no longer a course on its own
Re: Help, I Am Almost Stuck And Disturbed About My Academics by NemoDatQuod(m): 2:05pm On Feb 09, 2022
You have a deep seated and innate desire to acquire an academic education. Don't give up on that desire. Decent men and women realise that once you have a roof over your head, can eat twice a day and have clothing on your back, money becomes of little relevance. So stay the course. Age is but a number. I recently met a 76 year old gentleman who is learning how to code. He told me he expects to still be around over the next 14 years and that he wil be productive with coding.

I whole heartedly support the idea of writing Jamb again. Mistakes have been made in the past. But we do not allow our mistakes to define our future. Write Jamb. But continue to explore the other opportunities to do an HND wherever you may find admission. Explore and understand why you are not getting an admission place. As horrible as Nigeria is, I do not agree that everyone who is studying at the universities gave out a bribe first.

Some of our parents and grand parents went to university in their forties and they still lived fulfilled lives and are known to recorded history because of their accomplishments. Surround yourself with positive individuals.

I wish you well!

Gadafii:

take your time to go thru this because I need your urgent, critical and sincere advise PLEASE!!!

in the year 2015,i applied for mass communication in my first jamb, chose unilorin and scored 264, when the post utme came up, I went there to write my exam and also get used to the school environment.

The result came out, I scored 63, unfortunately the school didn't use cut off marks for that year's admission requirements, but i was confident i will make the cut for the admission, unfortunately i didn't, omo the thing pain me that year, because every time I checked Facebook, I saw people posting there admission letters from unilorin (i joined a jambite unilorin group on Facebook) and all that, people i did better than in both jamb and post jamb, I later realized I should have greased some palms, this country nawa

So i moved on with life, looking forward to the next jamb, while i had already registereed for the next jamb, i got an admission letter from oe polytechnic i ogun state, because i was sad and didnt want to stay at home for another year, i jumped on that admission, my undoing.

I did my best in the polytechnic and came out with 3.0cgpa in 2017, unfortunately the school didnt have HND for the course i did. I had planned to do a direct entry to get into a university cos polytechnic wasnt my plan, but i havent been able to secure an admission back to shool since 2017.

though i have been working since 2018 to sustain my self, but all my attempts at direct entry were never fruitful, i even applied for HND in another polytechnic, i wasn't picked again, all these have frustrated me to some point i just don't want to try again, go back and perfect my fashion designing craft that maybe school isn't for me, but every year when i see people i know in 'koppa' uniform, i cant help but marvel at them, the smile of accomplishment on their faces, and the desire to go back to school again will be very heavy on my mind like solid frozen eba. all the people i started with are done now, some of my class mates were wise enough to start all over in 2018, now they are almost done with school too, all of these makes me feel like i have been stagnant academically, tho i still read books a lot, i get some online in pdf for easy access.

I have the desire to go to any academic length i desire, same thing my mom wants (she asks me evetime what's up with school, u no wan go bac school again ni )

Early this year i applied for HND MASS COMM in yabatech, but Nigerian school system can be vey annoying, there hasn't been any suitable news from that school, even those who got admission since 2019 are still in HND1 due to the lock down and the strike.

My School hasn't accredited HND mass comm, so i cant go back there, now Jamb form is on sale i am thinking of registering another course entirely and start from the scratch embarassed, but age is no longer on my side, or i should keep waiting for yabatech while i find time to go back to my fashion designing, but i know deep down i want to go beyond just HND OR B.sc

kindly help with your advise or suggestions, i am already fed up with everything, Thank you cry

lalasticlala
Re: Help, I Am Almost Stuck And Disturbed About My Academics by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 09, 2022
Re: Help, I Am Almost Stuck And Disturbed About My Academics by Vitamin17(m): 8:23pm On Feb 09, 2022
NewSoul:
Ok let me quickly encourage you

I did my first Jamb in 2014. Got OND admission in 2016, finished in 2019. Didn't have HND admission in mind so I jettisoned. Didn't bother for Direct entry either because I didn't really fancy studying the course I studied in the polytechnic in uni.

Got denied in 2020 after scoring 297. Took Utme again 2021 and now I've been admitted to study a professional course in uniben.

If you want it so badly don't consider your age just go for it. Whether you go for it or not in 10 years time. You will be +10 your age and you'll say I should have gotten that degree by now. Take the bold step now so you don't regret in 10 years from now

Which sch denied you admission with 297? Pray tell, make I avoid am like plague
Re: Help, I Am Almost Stuck And Disturbed About My Academics by Nozino: 3:04am On Feb 10, 2022
Gadafii:

lalasticlala

One word

AUCHI POLYTECHNIC. Check if the admission form is still on sale. You’d resume this month or March.

(1) (Reply)

Have You Read The Topics For Day 16 Today? / How Do I Help Her? / Is It Compulsory To Take Any Electives Before Graduating University ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.