Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,444 members, 7,808,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life (20638 Views)

Globus Bank Is Frustrating My Arrival And Stay In UK / Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community / Electricity Distribution Company Past Questions And Answers For Aptitude Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by emperorAY(m): 7:53pm On Apr 28, 2021
customer service delivery is terrible on Nigeria
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by elpochas: 7:54pm On Apr 28, 2021
See the way a honest Nigerian is been fustrated Just choosing to do the right thing.We in these country like wayo people to much,if these guy decides to by pass his meter now,these same people will call him a criminal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by optimistic0001: 7:55pm On Apr 28, 2021
This people are not serious about metering, they are more concerned about estimated billings.
The greatest 419 we have in this country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by Aarenasbaba(m): 7:55pm On Apr 28, 2021
Go and by pass, they will quickly find alternative

1 Like

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by LegendaryLover(m): 7:55pm On Apr 28, 2021
Maybe it's because u threatened them via calling hotline as u said, so someone has removed ur meter number from their database to teach u a lesson, & that's why it doesn't exist.... LOL

4 Likes

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by Udodiri01: 7:56pm On Apr 28, 2021
Sorry bro.. There seems to be a way out... It is called triple bypass surgery.. In medicine, it is used to redirect blood and shont the natural way..... You should get an electrical engineer to do the same.. Thank me later
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by Kay25(m): 7:56pm On Apr 28, 2021
Me self ibedc Don keep me in darkness for the pass 1 week on top say dem no programme prepaid meter now asking me to pay for bill and loss of revenue again when I Don collect prepaid
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by Deen112: 7:56pm On Apr 28, 2021
Try and visit their headoffice in person
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by uncle212(m): 7:58pm On Apr 28, 2021
Just go for solar. It expensive but better and cheaper in the long run.

1 Like

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by rhames(m): 7:59pm On Apr 28, 2021
lordkay10:
Good day folks. It has been a turbulent period for me since BEDC installed their prepaid meter at my residence. The meter came with 100 units of electricity which the staff told me would be free of charge grin
However, when I made an attempt to top-up the units when it was running low from a vendor, I was told I have to pay for the "free" 100 units before I would be able to top up. I had no choice than to part with 11,000 naira to pay off the 'debt' and buy 5000 naira worth of units for the top-up.

I was told to proceed to the BEDC area office close to where I bought the units to obtain activation tokens being my first transaction on the meter. At the BEDC area office, the customer care agent gave me a series of code to enter on my meter when I get home for activation, and wait for another set of code from the BEDC headoffice via SMS, without which I wouldn't be able to load the top-up tokens I purchased.

After following these instructions, I waited in vain for the final code from BEDC which wasn't forthcoming. I placed several calls to their hotline with some below-par agents attending to me at different points, each with a different method of how to solve my problem. Well, I finally got a competent agent who promised to escalate my case, and wait for 24hrs to receive the code

I finally got the code the next two days but not after making series of threats to their hotline, and I was able to load my top-up tokens. But this is just the beginning grin

Almost a month passed and I would need to top-up again. This time, I opted to do it online via quickteller since my meter has been 'activated'.
I made payment but didn't get my tokens until after 24 hours. I proceeded to load the meter but I got an error message.

I proceeded to call their hotline as usual but no luck this time, my calls keep on getting rejected. I paused for a while and tried again after few hours and I was finally able to speak with agent who told me I need to fill a certain complaint form on their website, after which I would be sent another kind of token from their headoffice

I proceeded to fill the form on their website but the form wasn't submitted because "my meter number does not exist" grin
I tried to get across to the customer care agent again to notify them of the development but their hotline has been unreachable since my last call.
I proceeded to make a google search of their alternate complaint lines(if any) and I was shocked to see that the two other lines quoted on their website, each had 10 digits instead of 11, thereby making those numbers invalid.
I've been in total darkness since then, not because I didn't pay my bills, but for the inefficiency of Benin Electricity Distribution Company cry
Mods, kindly help me take this to frontpage for more views

These electric utilities are damned criminals. They over billed my friend who owns and operates a bakery to the tune of N89000 and he was cut off. My frwind complained of over billing and they ignored him. He opted to operate fully with generator and cut off almost half with that. They came back to beg him to revive his line but he refused to oblige them. This is the third year now and he is enjoying his life.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by hiluyorm(m): 8:00pm On Apr 28, 2021
Next time you buy power via quickteller check your transaction/payment history, the token will be there once its confirmed as a successful transaction on quickteller. Complain to NERC about your issue, bedc will respond immediately once you do that.
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by Suprnova: 8:01pm On Apr 28, 2021
Please be sure that they even give power to your area. BEDC here in GRA benin only gives 1 hour light per day

1 Like

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by dododawa1: 8:03pm On Apr 28, 2021
Nigerians should want 3 things from GOVT light and water and security ONLY.

1 Like

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by NaMe4: 8:04pm On Apr 28, 2021
Unarguably the WORST Electricity Distribution Company in the Country.

I have never had such experience

Generators have to be run over 80% of the time; at home, at the office, everywhere!

When rain falls, bye bye to electricity for the next few days.

This is the center of the city o! - Benin City!

Then you hear callers on radio stations complaining (some even pleading) as they've not had light in the last 2 years, 4years, etc.

Haaaaaiiiiii

But they are very efficient in distributing outrageous bills.

2 Likes

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by Babara1994(m): 8:06pm On Apr 28, 2021
BEDC is a useless company. You may be examined, interviewed, pass the CASP assessment program, sign the 4 year Bond and still be disqualified for no reason after giving you an employment letter.

Very useless company with silly human resources personnels.
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by cletz991(m): 8:07pm On Apr 28, 2021
Wow I stay in Benin city and I experienced this same light wahala nor be my clear eye I take park go ohogbhi area for sapele road ,here we enjoy nothing less than 18hrs light daily with bill of 2,500 per tenant
GreenWire:
Benin electricity is never something to write about right now the house I'm staying along with few tenant we are told to pay 45k monthly.. were just 10 in that compound... sure one day we will break one NEPA man head.
DM me for your logo and flyer design

1 Like

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by BananaPeel(m): 8:09pm On Apr 28, 2021
lordkay10:
Good day folks. It has been a turbulent period for me since BEDC installed their prepaid meter at my residence. The meter came with 100 units of electricity which the staff told me would be free of charge grin
However, when I made an attempt to top-up the units when it was running low from a vendor, I was told I have to pay for the "free" 100 units before I would be able to top up. I had no choice than to part with 11,000 naira to pay off the 'debt' and buy 5000 naira worth of units for the top-up.

I was told to proceed to the BEDC area office close to where I bought the units to obtain activation tokens being my first transaction on the meter. At the BEDC area office, the customer care agent gave me a series of code to enter on my meter when I get home for activation, and wait for another set of code from the BEDC headoffice via SMS, without which I wouldn't be able to load the top-up tokens I purchased.

After following these instructions, I waited in vain for the final code from BEDC which wasn't forthcoming. I placed several calls to their hotline with some below-par agents attending to me at different points, each with a different method of how to solve my problem. Well, I finally got a competent agent who promised to escalate my case, and wait for 24hrs to receive the code

I finally got the code the next two days but not after making series of threats to their hotline, and I was able to load my top-up tokens. But this is just the beginning grin

Almost a month passed and I would need to top-up again. This time, I opted to do it online via quickteller since my meter has been 'activated'.
I made payment but didn't get my tokens until after 24 hours. I proceeded to load the meter but I got an error message.

I proceeded to call their hotline as usual but no luck this time, my calls keep on getting rejected. I paused for a while and tried again after few hours and I was finally able to speak with agent who told me I need to fill a certain complaint form on their website, after which I would be sent another kind of token from their headoffice

I proceeded to fill the form on their website but the form wasn't submitted because "my meter number does not exist" grin
I tried to get across to the customer care agent again to notify them of the development but their hotline has been unreachable since my last call.
I proceeded to make a google search of their alternate complaint lines(if any) and I was shocked to see that the two other lines quoted on their website, each had 10 digits instead of 11, thereby making those numbers invalid.
I've been in total darkness since then, not because I didn't pay my bills, but for the inefficiency of Benin Electricity Distribution Company cry
Two options...
1. Sue them
2. By-pass the meter. I did this in my former residence when landlord and bedc were playing pranks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by boiler14: 8:11pm On Apr 28, 2021
If your broke ass can't afford to give him anything,then shut the Bleep off!

1 Like

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 28, 2021
dododawa1:
Nigerians should want 3 things from GOVT light and water and security ONLY.

add good road... we would do the rest for ourselves, everything not on the list.
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by Lucky5000(m): 8:12pm On Apr 28, 2021
Local man is really tired

2 Likes

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by Mewhizzp(m): 8:14pm On Apr 28, 2021
Sorry For the stress you went. But 100 units for 11,000? That's too much , Just 3 days Ago I bought 160 Units for 5k At YEDC
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 8:15pm On Apr 28, 2021
lordkay10:

If they have customer care email address, explore that option.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by Joythah(m): 8:16pm On Apr 28, 2021
Please how much is tariff presently
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 28, 2021
boiler14:
If your broke ass can't afford to give him anything,then shut the Bleep off!
get sense or shut the Bleep up
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by ibinaboonline: 8:18pm On Apr 28, 2021
I can relate. As for the ten digit numbers, they're most likely landlines.
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by tunize(m): 8:21pm On Apr 28, 2021
O.p you see this ur problem so you just dey encounter, was something we experienced with ours too. Baba not be Benin you dey u suppose cut chain for the guys wen come install the metre or you didn't collect their number?

Call the ppl that installed the metre for you tell them make dem give you their supervisor Number wen dey discharge of the installation so that he would generate a fresh token for u.

Na so dem use do our own too and it started working u gat mend dem heavily too join ooooh.

And as for the person u paid 11k to just go tell am sey u go use police arrest am cos you don go Nepa office go ask weda dem dey pay for card make e explain why u pay 11k. Or do you have accumulated fees you were paying inside your previous metre ?

1 Like

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by abimic(m): 8:21pm On Apr 28, 2021
I guess ikedc is better then, i remember helping two different people with theirs here, had it been it were ikedc, would have helped thee, oby my beautiful friend, and anu would always come in handy to help.
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 28, 2021
My brother Bedc is fraudster company put in place to defraud the citizens of this country, 1 when you try to load through your mobile app you won't get token( my boss waste #20,000 till today
2 those agent where you recharged can print the pin you needed but they will not
Lastly Bedc meter pin is 14 digit but now is 48,
Do you have a steady electricity light in your Area ?
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by PCG1: 8:28pm On Apr 28, 2021
ѕтop dιѕтυrвιng yoυrѕelғ
вypaѕѕ тнe мeтer
yoυ won'т ѕleep ιn darĸneѕѕ no мore
вυт ѕwιтcн вacĸ тo тнe мeтer dυrιng тнe dayundecided

3 Likes

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by osayuwamwen(m): 8:31pm On Apr 28, 2021
Quelme:
BEDC is the worst distribution company in the whole of Nigeria... BEDC wey dey follow Buhari drag incompetence.

Only Sapele road, Ekenwan road, airport road and some few areas within the city centre dey manage boast of 6 hours light a day, other part of the state na darkness....
hmm, while me they get constant power 4days straight of uninterrupted power, since Friday last week na light take they dem come take am Monday evening, since no light, they just bring now this evening. na ogheghe for siluko road I they stay. I've counted 5days of power, they nor blink am once
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by maasoap(m): 8:31pm On Apr 28, 2021
Kay25:
Me self ibedc Don keep me in darkness for the pass 1 week on top say dem no programme prepaid meter now asking me to pay for bill and loss of revenue again when I Don collect prepaid

They only talk of loss of revenue when a customer did a meter bypass and caught.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by asapeola(m): 8:31pm On Apr 28, 2021
If u were able to vend 11,000 naira and was still able to buy units online, then ur meter number cannot be missing. Please check properly that ur entering the correct meter number or visit a POS agent n ask them to check for you (as if u want to buy units). U did not state your location tho.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Doctor Who Killed British Patient Sues Victim Son / What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? / The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.