Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

How I Escaped Attack By Bandits Twice In A Day – Senator Ordia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Escaped Attack By Bandits Twice In A Day – Senator Ordia (357 Views)

Senator Clifford Ordia's Convoy Attacked In Kogi, 3 Police Officers Injured / Female Soldier Raped & Impregnated By Bandits Dismissed By Army. She Appeals / How I Escaped The Siege Laid In My Home – Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Escaped Attack By Bandits Twice In A Day – Senator Ordia by NwaNimo1(m): 9:56pm On Apr 28, 2021
The lawmaker representing Edo Central senatorial district in the National Assembly, Senator Clifford Ordia, has narrated how he escaped attack twice by bandits.

Ordia, who is the Senate Committee Chairman on Local and Foreign Debts, narrated his ordeal to reporters on Wednesday in Abuja.

He said he was travelling along the Okenne-Lokoja and Lokoja-Abaji roads on Monday when the daredevil bandits opened fire on his convoy while returning to Abuja from his hometown in Edo State.

The lawmaker noted that during the exchange of fire between the criminals and the security operatives attached to him, three policemen sustained gun wounds.

He explained that one of the wounded policemen was in a critical condition but responding to treatment in one of the hospitals in Abuja.

“I am seriously traumatised by the experience,” said Ordia who noted that his personal vehicle was riddled with bullets, although he was lucky to have escaped unhurt.

“We were coming from Edo State, somewhere between Okenne and Lokoja, when we met these suspected bandits. They opened fire on my convoy. The gallant policemen had to immediately return fire.

“The other security vehicle behind had to immediately join them and they were able to repel the suspected bandits,” he narrated.

The senator added, “I had to immediately put a call across the Federal Medical Centre in Abuja to be on standby. One of the policemen had a bullet lodged close to his liver. We met another setback around Abaji.

“There was traffic because of the incident and because we had to save the lives of the wounded policemen, we decided to make a move. They opened fire on us. Some vigilantes had to join the policemen and they (the bandits) were chased into the bush. That was how I survived that attack.

“If you see all my vehicles, you will see how the bullets damaged them. But I am glad that we all survived. I must salute the gallantry of our policemen. If given the right equipment, they can do a lot and protect Nigerians.”

The lawmaker called on the Federal Government to immediately initiate moves to restructure the security architecture of the country, warning that no one was safe anymore.

He stressed that something urgent must be done to restore order to every part of the country and protect the lives of every Nigerian.

https://www.channelstv.com/2021/04/28/how-i-escaped-attack-by-bandits-twice-in-a-day-senator-ordia/
Re: How I Escaped Attack By Bandits Twice In A Day – Senator Ordia by IfGodbeforus(m): 10:06pm On Apr 28, 2021
The lawmaker called on the Federal Government to immediately initiate moves to restructure the security architecture of the country, warning that no one was safe anymore

The warning signals are there. Apc/Pdp,No Matter how safe you feel you are, as long as u support this Evil government, it is a matter of time, it will reach you.
Re: How I Escaped Attack By Bandits Twice In A Day – Senator Ordia by inoki247: 10:10pm On Apr 28, 2021
lol na only u waka come.....

make them feel the heat cos some of his colleagues don turn security matters to party thing..
Re: How I Escaped Attack By Bandits Twice In A Day – Senator Ordia by paddyDIGITAL(m): 10:14pm On Apr 28, 2021
Thank God for your life.
Re: How I Escaped Attack By Bandits Twice In A Day – Senator Ordia by mike8804: 10:16pm On Apr 28, 2021
ok
Re: How I Escaped Attack By Bandits Twice In A Day – Senator Ordia by budusky05(m): 10:21pm On Apr 28, 2021
What do you expect when you guys fail to represent nigerians?

The people are representing themselves now
Re: How I Escaped Attack By Bandits Twice In A Day – Senator Ordia by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 28, 2021
I'm only glad that the shit they neglected is now affecting them
Re: How I Escaped Attack By Bandits Twice In A Day – Senator Ordia by phygo89(m): 11:32pm On Apr 28, 2021
naija na cartoon network
Re: How I Escaped Attack By Bandits Twice In A Day – Senator Ordia by adadike(f): 1:43am On Apr 29, 2021
Thank God for you sir but next time you might not be so lucky. You all had better start doing what we elected you to do because a time will come when none of you will be able to fly abroad or escape this country. Start working now!

(1) (Reply)

Average / What's My Crime For Being A Nigerian? / TY Danjuma And Nigeria’s Present And Future (1), By Hassan Gimba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.