Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Traveller To Cotonou Benin Republic Needs Advice - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveller To Cotonou Benin Republic Needs Advice (459 Views)

The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) / Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa / Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traveller To Cotonou Benin Republic Needs Advice by joshuapharm(m): 10:13pm On Apr 28, 2021
So I'm one of those like you who is tired of Nigeria and very scared of a war breaking out so I want to move to a neighboring country until I'm able to sort out my UK admission.

So I have two options in mind, Ghana and Benin republic.

But I chose Benin republic because of its proximity to my house in Abeokuta, cheap rent and constant power.

Tonight, my mum called someone she knows in benin republic and the person said Cotonou isn't safe because of some post election violence.

1. How true is it that cotonou isn't safe.

2. How can I get there from Abeokuta?

3. What's the best place to get accomodation apart from Airbnb?

4. What other neighboring country can one visit apart from Benin and Ghana?
Re: Traveller To Cotonou Benin Republic Needs Advice by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 28, 2021
joshuapharm:
So I'm one of those like you who is tired of Nigeria and very scared of a war breaking out so I want to move to a neighboring country until I'm able to sort out my UK admission.

So I have two options in mind, Ghana and Benin republic.

But I chose Benin republic because of its proximity to my house in Abeokuta, cheap rent and constant power.

Tonight, my mum called someone she knows in benin republic and the person said Cotonou isn't safe because of some post election violence.

1. How true is it that cotonou isn't safe.

2. How can I get there from Abeokuta?

3. What's the best place to get accomodation apart from Airbnb?

4. What other neighboring country can one visit apart from Benin and Ghana?

If Benin Republic isn't safe, that just shows you only God can really protect you wherever you are...
Regardless, you may go to Accra, it's a nice place to be as long as u lay low and live within the law. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Traveller To Cotonou Benin Republic Needs Advice by joshuapharm(m): 10:52pm On Apr 28, 2021
GeeX:

If Benin Republic isn't safe, that just shows you only God can really protect you wherever you are...
Regardless, you may go to Accra, it's a nice place to be as long as u lay low and live within the law. All the best.

Thank you. I'm considering Ghana as well.
Re: Traveller To Cotonou Benin Republic Needs Advice by viyon02: 11:04pm On Apr 28, 2021
Op, l live very close to Benin republic infact am just 15 minutes drive from the border, with relatives living there, the truth is: Benin republic is a very safe and very organized country, and I don't think election is a do or die affair in Benin, I bet, you are 100% safe there. And you can get accomodation at very cheap price depending on the are area you chose to stay
Direction: From abeokuta navigate to agbara, don't go to iyanaba that is too long, once at agbara, just get a bus going to Badagry or seme border if you have the international passport pass through ecowas direct you wouldn't have problem the immigration officers, but if you don't have international passport take bike across through back way.
Other country:Togo is closer to Benin republic than Ghana you have to pass through Togo before getting to Ghana.
Re: Traveller To Cotonou Benin Republic Needs Advice by joshuapharm(m): 11:34am On Apr 29, 2021
viyon02:
Op, l live very close to Benin republic infact am just 15 minutes drive from the border, with relatives living there, the truth is: Benin republic is a very safe and very organized country, and I don't think election is a do or die affair in Benin, I bet, you are 100% safe there. And you can get accomodation at very cheap price depending on the are area you chose to stay
Direction: From abeokuta navigate to agbara, don't go to iyanaba that is too long, once at agbara, just get a bus going to Badagry or seme border if you have the international passport pass through ecowas direct you wouldn't have problem the immigration officers, but if you don't have international passport take bike across through back way.
Other country:Togo is closer to Benin republic than Ghana you have to pass through Togo before getting to Ghana.

Thank you so much for your response. It warmed my heart. But please for the sake of God, I need help with accomodation. I want to stay for 3 months, how much should I budget, who can I talk to and what should I look out for when searching?

Thank you so much.
Re: Traveller To Cotonou Benin Republic Needs Advice by viyon02: 12:00pm On Apr 29, 2021
joshuapharm:

Thank you so much for your response. It warmed my heart. But please for the sake of God, I need help with accomodation. I want to stay for 3 months, how much should I budget, who can I talk to and what should I look out for when searching?

Thank you so much.

Accomodation: you can have 5k per month for a single room depending on the location, and once you are in you can easily talk to someone we have many Nigerians living there.

(1) (Reply)

Truck Rams Into Fuel Tanker In Onitsha, 15 Luxury Buses Burnt (VIDEO) / What Can You Expect From The All-inclusive Resorts In Mexico? / UK Bans Travellers From Nigeria Over Omicron Concerns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.