Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,748 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad (35060 Views)

Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot / Chelsea & Man City Fans Brawl In Shameful Scenes Before Final (Graphic Photos) / ‘I Am Proud Real Madrid Fans Want Me’- Jose Mourinho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by robosky02(m): 7:38am On Apr 29, 2021
Man City Fans Want ‘Senior Man’ Iheanacho Back at Etihad

Like the Biblical ‘Rejected stone becoming head corner stone’, several Manchester City fans have taken to social media to plead with the Etihad team to re-engage Kelechi Iheanacho from Leicester City due to his current.

Iheanacho’s goals are sustaining the King Power Stadium outfit’s drive to finish in the top four and gain ticket to play in the lucrative money awash Champions League.

Iheanacho, who joined the professional football train in Europe shortly after his exploits at FIFA U-17 tournament in 2013, signed for Manchester City less than a year after but was surplus to requirement under current Manager, Pep Guardiola.

He was consequently shipped out to Leicester City three seasons ago.

But lately, the AFCON 2019 Bronze medal winner with Nigeria is now the rave of the moment in the English Premiership with 14 goals in 14 appearances as the former Champions continue to fight for a place in next season’s UEFA Champions League tournament.

While the ‘Cityzens’ are initiating the move for the Nigerian forward to return to Etihad, Iheanacho’s £50million buy-back option expired last summer thus leaving the in-coming Premier league winner with exorbitant purchase of the forward if they would be willing to have him back.

The Nigerian was a bit-part player at City until his move to the Foxes in 2017, stuck behind Sergio Aguero in the pecking order and regularly coming on as a substitute late in the game.

When he headed for Leicester, Man City included a £50m buy-back clause, and following his recent incredible form fans of Pep Guardiola’s men have urged the club to make use of it, with Aguero set to leave at the end of the season.

But Sportsmail reported that it is bad news for City fans, Iheanacho’s buy-back option expired last summer – just before his superb form of this season began.

The Nigeria international scored a stunner against Crystal Palace on Monday night to help Leicester move one step closer to next season’s Champions League, securing his side a 2-1 victory late on.

Iheanacho now has 14 goals in his last 14 matches, and is on a run of five in his last four.

Taking to social media after the 24-year-old’s latest impressive display, one fan wrote: “I really hope we activate that buy back clause on Iheanacho,” while another tweeted similar to the club.

Another City fan tweeted a picture of City legend Vincent Kompany and boss Guardiola celebrating, alongside the caption: “When City realised they have a buy back clause in Kelechi Iheanacho’s deal.”

Although, it looks unlikely that Leicester will part ways with Iheanacho unless a very big transfer fee is offered in the summer.

Regardless, the Foxes will be keen to keep hold of one of their biggest stars, after watching him replace Jamie Vardy as their main goal scorer.

Meanwhile, Leicester City’s Manager, Brendan Rodgers, has saluted Iheanacho after his superb display in Monday’s 2-1 Premier League win over Crystal Palace.

The 24-year-old set up Leicester’s equaliser for Timothy Castagne, then smashed home an 80th-minute winner to complete the turnaround at King Power Stadium.

Rodgers started Iheanacho and Jamie Vardy together only eight times last season but injuries have forced him to opt for a strike pairing in the last 10 games.

And Iheanacho has responded, scoring 12 goals from the last nine games, and Rodgers described his form as “incredible”.

“The top priority for me as a coach is helping players to develop,” Rodgers told the BBC.

“It’s been difficult for ‘Kele’ because of the style we normally played which was one striker – Vardy.

“We had to change it with injuries, he’s come in and been exceptional. Not just his goals, he’s so happy to work hard for the team and his quality is phenomenal.”

Leicester goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel said Iheanacho had all the qualities to be a top striker.

“He’s so good at the particular one where he shifts it and then puts it through the defender’s legs and wrong-foots the goalkeeper,” Schmeichel told Sky Sports.

“He’s a nightmare in training.”

Vardy, who has 15 goals overall this season, has been Leicester’s top scorer in the last five campaigns but faces stiff competition this time from Iheanacho (17).

“As a team we work for each other, it doesn’t matter who scores,” Iheanacho told the BBC. “There’s so much to improve in games so I’ll keep going, doing my best.”

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/04/28/man-city-fans-want-senior-man-iheanacho-back-at-etihad/

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by dankorode(m): 7:52am On Apr 29, 2021
for wetin?

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by robosky02(m): 7:53am On Apr 29, 2021
dankorode:
for wetin?

Maybe to replace arguaro?

5 Likes

Re: Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by osamz007: 8:07am On Apr 29, 2021
robosky02:

Maybe to replace arguaro?
who's arguaro

288 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by robosky02(m): 8:10am On Apr 29, 2021
osamz007:

who's arguaro

The Don in man city

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by osamz007: 8:11am On Apr 29, 2021
robosky02:

The don't in man city
don't?

165 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 29, 2021
Naturally, I don't like throwing insults around but I think the guys at City are m*d!

Those guys never really believed in the man in the darkest hour of his career and now that he has found a new vein of form at Leicester, they want him back?

At the end of the day, it is up to the player to do what he feels is right. But if I were in his shoes, I would be looking away from Man City's direction. Or better still, I will give Leicester my full loyalty for believing in me when the whole world had written me off completely.

It's utterly disgusting what a lot of these so-called big teams actually do. Sometimes, they feel that they can do just about any bloody thing.

So, what happens to all the time, dedication and resources that the coaching crew at Leicester put in to get Iheanacho's career back on track?

Nah... I hate fake friends/associates for real. sad

198 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by ictjobber: 12:03pm On Apr 29, 2021
Yawn

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by stephen507: 12:04pm On Apr 29, 2021
lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by PCG1: 12:04pm On Apr 29, 2021
вlacĸ мagιc ιѕ тнe вeѕт anywнere ιn тнe world
вυт we aт нoмe alwayѕ мιѕυѕe ιт ғor evιl and тo deѕтroy people'ѕ deѕтιnyembarassed

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by Sirpaul(m): 12:04pm On Apr 29, 2021
Ogini kwa
Re: Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by Pele10: 12:04pm On Apr 29, 2021
They now know is value,like the builder realising the value of a broken block.

4 Likes

Re: Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by phr0nesis(m): 12:04pm On Apr 29, 2021
mansakhalifa:
Naturally, I don't like throwing insults around but I think the guys at City are m*d!

Those guys never really believed in the man in the darkest hour of his career and now that he has found a new vein of form at Leicester, they want him back?

At the end of the day, it is up to the player to do what he feels is right. But if I were in his shoes, I would be looking away from Man City's direction. Or better still, I will give Leicester my full loyalty for believing in me when the whole world had written me off completely.

It's utterly disgusting what a lot of these so-called big teams actually do. Sometimes, they feel that they can do just about any bloody thing.

So, what happens to all the time, dedication and resources that the coaching crew at Leicester put in to get Iheanacho's career back on track?

Nah... I hate fake friends/associates for real. sad

The fans are the ones requesting. Man city board and Guardiola haven't indicated any interest. I think he will be a cheaper option than Haaland

3 Likes

Re: Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by Thelannister: 12:04pm On Apr 29, 2021
It’s nothing but soap

2 Likes

Re: Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by revived: 12:05pm On Apr 29, 2021
E go be
Re: Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by Cejila6156: 12:05pm On Apr 29, 2021
Good
Re: Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by Shuzzi(m): 12:05pm On Apr 29, 2021
Omo nacho don become hot cake like this tongue
When it's your time no one can stop your shine

I can still remember his days with Taiye smiley

25 Likes

Re: Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by IghravweIG(m): 12:05pm On Apr 29, 2021
Iheanacho would be a fool to go back to Man city.

29 Likes

Re: Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by obonujoker(m): 12:05pm On Apr 29, 2021
No.

Pep Guardiola almost killed Senior Man career... Thanks to God for Rogers

35 Likes

Re: Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by obembet(f): 12:05pm On Apr 29, 2021
He will die on bench

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by Blacknote: 12:06pm On Apr 29, 2021
Re: Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by tenzofall: 12:06pm On Apr 29, 2021
Zebras, Pep and City haters won't like this!!

City won but we know who felt the pains more.

Man United aka Thursday football aka Zebras, Pep and City haters are in severe pains.

PSG 1-2 City

Haters more tears please!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by design104: 12:06pm On Apr 29, 2021
Abeg oh.
Make una leave am to enjoy him fame now.
Re: Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by Matheusmartin: 12:07pm On Apr 29, 2021
So where are the man city fans that want Kele back at Etihad
angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by Godada(m): 12:07pm On Apr 29, 2021
grin
Re: Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by Theboss100(m): 12:07pm On Apr 29, 2021
They're crazy. After killing his career at City. They want to bury it. Iheanacho, if you can read this, do go. Stay put and build your confidence at Leicester before joining any other club.

Don't go ooo. Guardiola wants to finish you off at once

2 Likes

Re: Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by heybeebugatty(m): 12:07pm On Apr 29, 2021
You can't have it all

2 Likes

Re: Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad by YoungLionken(m): 12:07pm On Apr 29, 2021
There are times when it seems like God doesn't listen to our prayers, let alone granting our requests but, God definitely knows what He's doing.

When He wants to answer your prayers, it is within minutes.

So continue to work hard and pray for His blessings..

We thank God for Iheanacho cool...

21 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Won’t Represent Nigeria Again – Usman / Cristiano Ronaldo Arrives In Italy Ahead Of Juventus Training Session (Photos) / Ighalo Scores His First Manchester United Goal To Help Them Reach UEL Last 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.