Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,777 members, 7,802,386 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit (22183 Views)

Get Your Smedan Certificate To Access FG Grants And Loans / FG Grants Dangote Cement Second Tax Waiver In Two Years / Dangote Cement Obajana Hit By Fire Disaster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by slydog(m): 1:00pm On Apr 29, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:

... says the Chairperson of the FIRS, who also doubles as the minister if finance.

Yen yen yen yen yen.

Senseless conspiracy theorists everywhere.

Has any competitor come out to say they were denied the contract in favour of Dangote?

Dangote actually did the country a favour. No upfront payment from the government, no mobilization fees. He funded the project wholly and when it's time to pay back via tax credits, you complain.

He wasn't even refunded in cash. He was given tax credits ... meaning he won't be paying the equivalent tax of 22 Billion NGN.

Do you know how much would have accrued to his company if he had fixed the amount or invested it somewhere else?

Ungrateful Nigerians!

Most don't understand what tax credit means

1 Like

Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by Iykoto86(m): 1:01pm On Apr 29, 2021
PlayMaker14:

Can you Imagine?

Later, one Efulefu will tell me that Nigeria is United and we are one.
but this time around he is helping the broke federal govt to fix things.lass lass nija na scam jare.
Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by PlayMaker14: 1:02pm On Apr 29, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:

My dad is an empty-head who sired me.

Idiocy and dumbness are transferable genes, you know
Stop giving me records of your dad,

I am not interested.. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 1:05pm On Apr 29, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Stop giving me records of your dad,

I am not interested.. Thanks!

Most of the responses to your original quote by Nairalanders shows how dumb you are.

I doubt if you know what tax credit means.

Olodo rabata! grin
Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by PlayMaker14: 1:09pm On Apr 29, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:

Most of the responses to your original quote by Nairalanders shows how dumb you are.

I doubt if you know what tax credit means.

Olodo rabata! grin

Stop seeing me as your Dad...

Baba Odé.
Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by ThierryJay: 1:13pm On Apr 29, 2021
Well, actually the tax credit is backed by law under the Road Infrastructure Tax Credit scheme. So in this regard, Dangote is only reaping the benefit of his investment in developing road infrastructure in Nigeria.

A lot of Nigerians criticize without understanding what they are criticizing. This tax credit is also available to Flour Mills and some other private entities.

3 Likes

Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by AllenSpencer: 1:15pm On Apr 29, 2021
PlayMaker14:

Can you Imagine?

Later, one Efulefu will tell me that Nigeria is United and we are one.

Are you educated at all?

Hate will ruin and kill you.

Ask your old predecessors why they never succeeded in life.
Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by Yankee101: 1:16pm On Apr 29, 2021
After selling cement so expensively?

Who was bribed to deprive Nigerians?

The roads are destroyed by Dangote trucks and other trucks benefiting from lifting his heavy products. He should repair those roads for free
Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by AllenSpencer: 1:17pm On Apr 29, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:

... says the Chairperson of the FIRS, who also doubles as the minister if finance.

Yen yen yen yen yen.

Has any competitor come out to say they were denied the contract in favour of Dangote?

Dangote actually did the country a favour. No upfront payment from the government, no mobilization fees. He funded the project wholly and when it's time to pay back via tax credits, you complain.

He wasn't even refunded in cash. He was given tax credits ... meaning he won't be paying company income taxes equivalent to 22 Billion NGN.

Do you know how much would have accrued to his company if he had fixed the amount or invested it somewhere else?

Ungrateful Nigerians!

Too much of illiterates and half-baked graduates on forum

Sometimes you read comments and analysis and feel like flinging your laptop. Like! Can lots be this stupid

1 Like

Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by GoldHorse(m): 1:25pm On Apr 29, 2021
Why can't the government fix the road themselves and pay the contractor directly? undecided
Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by MARKone(m): 1:30pm On Apr 29, 2021
helinues:
Fair enough

Fair enough as in how?
Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:38pm On Apr 29, 2021
Patrioticman007:
What an achievement to the company that is only second to federal government in terms of mass labour employment.
The reality is that only mass industrialization of the country will end these killings & bad blood amongst Nigerians, for an ideal mind is the devil's work shop. We prioritize wrongly.

Another thing that will end the killings is mass education of almajiri and deemphasizing Sharia as a state policy. Thes two anomalies are enablers to scoffing at mass Industrialization which the poor and unfortunate in such axis may see as haram.
Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by AKWATGOLD1(m): 1:42pm On Apr 29, 2021
I don't know when this government will learn. All the roads that Dangote undertook is beneficial to his cement factories/Warehouse: Obajana & Apapa Wharf.
Atleast, this government should ask Dangote to construct road from Mile 2 to Badagry or from Ile Zik on Lagos -AbeokutaExpress Road to Ewekoro in Ogun State.

Yeyebrity
Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by danngnews: 1:44pm On Apr 29, 2021
helinues:
Fair enough

O yes member.
Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by kenx1(m): 1:46pm On Apr 29, 2021
What about INNOSON, IBETO and other Southern companies

STUPID FOOLS
Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by Cutie09(m): 1:55pm On Apr 29, 2021
dre11:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/fg-grants-dangote-cement-%25E2%2582%25A622-32bn-tax-credit/amp/

WTF!! That country is a scam
Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by danngnews: 1:57pm On Apr 29, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:

... says the Chairperson of the FIRS, who also doubles as the minister of finance.

Yen yen yen yen yen.

Have you even heard of the Road Infrastructure development and refurbishment investment tax credit scheme of the federal government? Dangote took advantage of it and you are here spewing nonsense.

He wasn't even refunded in cash. He was given tax credits ... meaning he won't be paying company income taxes equivalent to 22 Billion NGN.

Ungrateful Nigerians!

If it's exactly as u explained, then it's good, but this is Nigeria.
Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by nograv: 2:03pm On Apr 29, 2021
Southerners have you woken up yet?

One Nigeria my foot. Just split the nation into North and South..

Mtchew...
Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by odogwunaija(m): 2:04pm On Apr 29, 2021
slydog:

Do you know what tax credit means

Yes I do

1 Like

Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by TalkingBird: 2:14pm On Apr 29, 2021
charles614:
Why won't he be the richest man in Africa when he's enjoying all this benefits

He has been enjoying this and the poor masses keeping suffering and paying for the gift
Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by omonnakoda: 2:24pm On Apr 29, 2021
It is funny that in analysing these issues sentiment and ignorance beclouds analysis and judgement
I do not agree with these credits for so many reasons
1. Essentially the FG is paying for the road. The issue is that this is ultimately a distribution of the Federal Budget to selected states and therefore to the detriment of those states that do not benefit. If the Tax had been paid to the Federation account . IT would have been shared according to a certain formula . So some states are being short-changed and this is not apparent when it is not captured in the budget.
2. A similar announcement was made with respect to to NLNG company and some projects in Rivers State. This did not generate as much noise perhaps because it was not Dangote. No doubt these projects may be necessary but government should fund it through the budgetary process so it is clear which states are getting what in a transparent way.
3. The problem with this sort of arrangement is it opens a door for corruption/collusion between the contractor and the Contracting firm
There is lack of transparency in how the project is valued and verified.
There is also a lack of equity in who can do what in different parts of the country and who grants approval. This should be part of the budgetary process under National Assembly oversight
Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by Mayeldah(m): 3:01pm On Apr 29, 2021
So dangote has been taking back the money spent through another window by increasing the price of cement nationwide.

Why Monopolize cement prodcution in Nigeria?

My Ibo brothers, let's have a meeting this weekend. That monopoly must be broken.
Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by azikiweironsi(m): 3:07pm On Apr 29, 2021
ThierryJay:
Well, actually the tax credit is backed by law under the Road Infrastructure Tax Credit scheme. So in this regard, Dangote is only reaping the benefit of his investment in developing road infrastructure in Nigeria.

A lot of Nigerians criticize without understanding what they are criticizing. This tax credit is also available to Flour Mills and some other private entities.
You have said it all. As far as I'm concern, if other companies or industries can do the same way Dangote constructs roads, I think it will go a long way in tackling some of the problems of our bad roads. For instance, Lokoja-Obajana-Kabba made traveling faster to the South West. Unlike Okenne route that has turned to death traps and the den of kidnappers.
Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by miky(m): 3:09pm On Apr 29, 2021
Good from FG!!!!!!!

Let every company construct roads so they can get their own tax credits!

Nigerians also construct your own village road and apply (some of una never pay tax for una life sef)
Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by clothingonline(m): 3:34pm On Apr 29, 2021
Most people who comment don’t know the meaning of tax credit
He paid for road project worth more than this how many cement companies will do that
Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by Blackman101: 4:15pm On Apr 29, 2021
if that is the only way we get our roads done without inflated contract so be it? fool country
Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by tayolove12(m): 4:22pm On Apr 29, 2021
onuman:

For cooperation in making Buhari president of Nigeria in 2015.

I swear I don't vote for him
Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by Blackdisciple(m): 4:32pm On Apr 29, 2021
So are we going to start buying cement at cheap rate??
Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by Kubernetes: 4:34pm On Apr 29, 2021
kenx1:
What about INNOSON, IBETO and other Southern companies

STUPID FOOLS

When they create infrastructure like roads leading to their factory, they will also qualify for one too.
Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by sniperr007(m): 5:10pm On Apr 29, 2021
Sheuns:

21bn was used to build Apapa-Oworonshoki road they say. Road that the drains are shallow.

Road them never still finish building for 2 years.

Dangote is an average business man without government backing
Re: FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit by Durklil: 5:28pm On Apr 29, 2021
Jesus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Banking $100-$300 Daily Using Instagram- Completely Easy And Legit. / How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? / Merchants Upgrade POS Machines To Automatically Charge N50 Stamp Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.