Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,921 members, 7,806,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Does Selling On Credit To Your First Customer Mean Anything Bad? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Selling On Credit To Your First Customer Mean Anything Bad? (517 Views)

What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? / I Ran Out Of Credit On My Prepaid Meter, Please What Do I Do? / What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Selling On Credit To Your First Customer Mean Anything Bad? by mdan(m): 8:47am On Apr 29, 2021
So I went to get stuffs this morning but I wasn't with cash. I was confident cause I was a regular customer to her but she refused selling to me on credit. Luckily someone came bought some wares, then she sold to me on credit.
So I'm asking does buying selling on credit mean anything bad or it's just some unnecessary fear of having a bad sale all day?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Selling On Credit To Your First Customer Mean Anything Bad? by Vision101(m): 5:56am On Apr 30, 2021
Excessive credit kills business. For this reason some businesses declare that they have no place for receivable except they know you as a credit worthy customer.

Forget about whether it's first or last time of the day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Selling On Credit To Your First Customer Mean Anything Bad? by Exot: 6:19am On Apr 30, 2021
Lol.
The guy above me does not gerrit.
I've heard stuff like this before, I believe its superstition though but who knows?
I once had my door lock jammed and wouldn't open on a monday morning just as I was about going to work, i called some friends who mobilised a carpenter as early as 6 am to come break it open. As soon as it was open, I gave the carpenter 3k to buy the necessary items to fix the door.
Next thing my guys informed me was to pray because it's bad omen to spend money or pay bills that early esp on a monday morning. One friend suggested it was better I gave him the money so he'll pay the carpenter after he had done the job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Selling On Credit To Your First Customer Mean Anything Bad? by Princedevoe(m): 8:47am On Apr 30, 2021
It's a silly African belief that has no basis or proven with evidence. Everyone of us have had such experience before in life where one is turned down on credit for being the first customer. It is just similar to given out something with left hand that people generally frown about with no cogent basis. It is all silly belief and superstition.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Does Selling On Credit To Your First Customer Mean Anything Bad? by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 30, 2021
Superstition.

A lot of people do it and it really doesn't matter to me, as it doesn't affect sales.

Some even believe that the first person to patronize them in the day determines their sales for that day. They'll be like, " let your hand bring good sales". You're the first to patronize me. I'm always like... Huh? Thats crap. Once you tell me that, I avoid you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Selling On Credit To Your First Customer Mean Anything Bad? by NoToPile: 8:20pm On Apr 30, 2021
Its a belief that if your first sale for the day is on credit, its only creditors that will patronize throughout the day and if its on a Monday throughout the week will be full of creditors.

There's also this belief that the first customer of the day influences how sales for that day or week go, or even the presence of a customer with 'good legs' can influence sales It may be right or wrong, there's a belief that some people have 'aje' in their hands .

Experienced it once, myself and mum went to buy lace materials at oshodi, we bought one from a shop and almost immediately another woman came in, I went to the ATM to withdraw extra funds about 2-3extra customers were standing ready to buy. This woman was telling mumsie to wait small, 'ejoko die si ma' mama was like ahh we came from far, was wondering what all the drama was about. After we left and i asked mama shewas like mo ni aje lowo cheesy that the seller observed the change in the shop ( increased no of customers )after she purchased from her that was why she was using tactics to delay her a little more grin I just smiled.

So some people take this stuffs seriously

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Selling On Credit To Your First Customer Mean Anything Bad? by timibare(m): 12:50am On May 01, 2021
NoToPile:
Its a belief that if your first sale for the day is on credit, its only creditors that will patronize throughout the day and if its on a Monday throughout the week will be full of creditors.

There's also this belief that the first customer of the day influences how sales for that day or week go, or even the presence of a customer with 'good legs' can influence sales It may be right or wrong, there's a belief that some people have 'aje' in their hands . Aje full ona body b dat, if ur a lady let's link up, if not link me up with ur sis

Experienced it once, myself and mum went to buy lace materials at oshodi, we bought one from a shop and almost immediately another woman came in, I went to the ATM to withdraw extra funds about 2-3extra customers were standing ready to buy. This woman was telling mumsie to wait small, 'ejoko die si ma' mama was like ahh we came from far, was wondering what all the drama was about. After we left and i asked mama shewas like mo ni aje lowo cheesy that the seller observed the change in the shop ( increased no of customers )after she purchased from her that was why she was using tactics to delay her a little more grin I just smiled.

So some people take this stuffs seriously

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Selling On Credit To Your First Customer Mean Anything Bad? by Bola146(f): 2:46pm On May 01, 2021
She sold it for you because you are a good customer, some customers are just isshhhh... They can ask for #5 change like 10 times. It's not good to buy things on credit early in the morning please. You can't go to any shopping mall empty handed.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Is It Safe To Put My Money In This Company? / / Iphone 7plus 128gig 40k Last

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.