Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. (2947 Views)

Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members / 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / TB Joshua: 'I Don’t Have Any Bank Account, I Don’t Keep Money' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by Fvckyouall: 9:15am On Apr 30, 2021
Jashub:
Shut up. The major religion in Communist China is Buddhism while that of Japan is Shitoism. Don't claim stupidity without making investigations

but they are still doing better than you. And you are wrong the primary religion in Japan is Japanese traditional religon

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:25am On Apr 30, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Why do you waste a lot of efforts arguing with The Dtruthspeaker?
That dude reasons like he’s a primary 2 pupil

grin And yet none of you can Validly Answer this primary 2 pupil!, therefore you are all still sucking breast on your mamas lap, being carried around like a bag and not able to Accomplish Anything except to eat, piss, sheet and cry for everything and about everything! grin grin

So I am your elder brother in primary 2! grin grin
Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by LordReed(m): 9:30am On Apr 30, 2021
Image123:

i am talking about conscience, collection of laws were/are based on the conscience of the lawmakers. This is why laws on the same issue keeps getting amended.

Like the law to not eat crayfish was amended. Laws must be amended from time to time because human condition and circumstances change. Anybody claiming infallibility is joking.
Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by LordReed(m): 9:33am On Apr 30, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Indeed. Reminds me of my 2year old playing Rock, Paper, Scissors with me. No matter what I present, she has won even though she doesn't even understand what the game means or what the rules are. LMFAO!

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:56am On Apr 30, 2021
LordReed:

You didn't offer a reasonable counter in the first place, only a fevered imagination based on your favourite book of mythology. I can claim any old imaginary being did whatever, there's no way to substantiate any such claim.

I did answer as the records up Show but rather than rebut, you fell silent and Made Allegations

Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. : 7:39am
"Dtruthspeaker:
Yes, they Wrote Down their Laws before most nations were formed as reported, But They Are Not The Source, Creators Or Originators Of Moality (Law) for No Man made them, which is what we are saying.

The Creator Whom we call God, made Law (Morality) and The Law, made the man.

Therefore, Law (Morality) was already established on the earth even before man or the Sumerians or the Egyptians came to be.
(My Counter!)

Then you failed to rebut but rather Alleged and attempted fleeing by saying

LordReed:

You guess so from your favourite book of mythology. Got it.

Making An Allegations is Never a Rebuttal!

Besides I have further countered that that these Truths are Also Contained in Law Books, Sociology Books, History Books, Philosophy Books and you still want to falsely represent that I am standing on on One Book, when I am Clearly Standing on 4 Other Books Separate and Distinct from the Bible, which Corroborate The Truth as Proffessed and Contained in the Bible and you have still not rebutted rather you are throwing tantrums that "your favourite book of mythology." therefore repetitions because you have reached a Wall you can not go through nor Break!

There is no shame in staying silent when you can not rebut.
Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by Image123(m): 10:08am On Apr 30, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Christians never give right answers

Okay, so you're Christian?
Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by Image123(m): 10:10am On Apr 30, 2021
LordReed:

Like the law to not eat crayfish was amended. Laws must be amended from time to time because human condition and circumstances change. Anybody claiming infallibility is joking.

Is this your crayfish law a moral law?
Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by LordReed(m): 10:31am On Apr 30, 2021
Image123:

Is this your crayfish law a moral law?

Your bible called it an abomination, doesn't that make it about morals? Would disobeying that law have been considered being moral?
Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by Image123(m): 10:33am On Apr 30, 2021
LordReed:

Your bible called it an abomination, doesn't that make it about morals? Would disobeying that law have been considered being moral?

No, it is a ceremonial law. i didn't know you were referring to the Bible though.
Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by LordReed(m): 10:48am On Apr 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I did answer as the records up Show but rather than rebut, you fell silent and Made Allegations

Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. : 7:39am
"Dtruthspeaker:
Yes, they Wrote Down their Laws before most nations were formed as reported, But They Are Not The Source, Creators Or Originators Of Moality (Law) for No Man made them, which is what we are saying.

The Creator Whom we call God, made Law (Morality) and The Law, made the man.

Therefore, Law (Morality) was already established on the earth even before man or the Sumerians or the Egyptians came to be.
(My Counter!)

Then you failed to rebut but rather Alleged and attempted fleeing by saying

Making An Allegations is Never a Rebuttal!

Besides I have further countered that that these Truths are Also Contained in Law Books, Sociology Books, History Books, Philosophy Books and you still want to falsely represent that I am standing on on One Book, when I am Clearly Standing on 4 Other Books Separate and Distinct from the Bible, which Corroborate The Truth as Proffessed and Contained in the Bible and you have still not rebutted rather you are throwing tantrums that "your favourite book of mythology." therefore repetitions because you have reached a Wall you can not go through nor Break!

There is no shame in staying silent when you can not rebut.

There is no record of that except what your fevered imagination cooked up based on your book of mythology.
Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by LordReed(m): 10:49am On Apr 30, 2021
Image123:

No, it is a ceremonial law. i didn't know you were referring to the Bible though.

So because it was ceremonial if you disobeyed it you won't be considered immoral?
Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by Image123(m): 10:57am On Apr 30, 2021
LordReed:

So because it was ceremonial if you disobeyed it you won't be considered immoral?

It's not a moral law, are you ever going to try out understanding or we should do yet another silly game?
Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by 1Sharon(f): 11:03am On Apr 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

God is The Source of All That is Right and Good (Morality) as Evidenced and Irrefutably Proven by His Laws and Commandments.

No Other Group or Society in the World had a collection of Laws as Good and Right and Perfect and Balanced as The Law of God!

No, not one, anywhere!

So, yes people were practicing morality before the Bible as Evidenced by Abel, Seth, Enoch Abimelech etc, but the highest and acceptable standard of conduct and morality comes From God and His Laws!

Please explain what is so good and moral about
Judges 19:22-30
Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by Dtruthspeaker: 11:32am On Apr 30, 2021
LordReed:

There is no record of that except what your fevered imagination cooked up based on your book of mythology.

grin 2 Times have I Declared it and now 3 Times have I said these Truths are Recorded in Law Books, Sociology Books, Philosophy Books, History Books,

But I understand you, (I am not attempting to insult you but I pay attention to souls and I know what type of soul you are, which is why you are the way you are, and yes I remember you hate boxes, but hate the box all you want, you are still in a box and going to always be in One, that is what it means to have never created yourself but be a creation and therefore, what I am describing). you Already know that your Sins and Offences have reached Unforgivable Proportions and Heights and therefore you have been Marked for Destruction, Exactly as Written, Thus, it is Finished For You and Nothing like Eternal Life matters for you for as Christ Says "You have No Part in it". John 14:30.

Therefore, Truth Does not Matter to you, but Truth is Only For those who have A Chance of Acquiring Eternal Life and Not for those who have Already been Condemned to "death", as their Soul has reported to them (John 3:18-21)

So it's Finished for you but it does not have to be so for other souls!

You of your own will chose and elected to commit suicide with your own soul, it is Wrong and Wicked and Satanic for you to Murder other souls thereby further committing "Murder-Suicide" as Suicide Murderers aka Suicide Bombers!
Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by LordReed(m): 11:37am On Apr 30, 2021
Image123:

It's not a moral law, are you ever going to try out understanding or we should do yet another silly game?

I ask a question, you don't answer and you talk about silly games. Why don't you try answering straightforward for once. When you ask me questions I usually answer without telling you how silly the question is but you won't do the same. Try it, it's quite refreshing.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by LordReed(m): 11:38am On Apr 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin 2 Times have I Declared it and now 3 Times have I said these Truths are Recorded in Law Books, Sociology Books, Philosophy Books, History Books,

But I understand you, (I am not attempting to insult you but I pay attention to souls and I know what type of soul you are, which is why you are the way you are, and yes I remember you hate boxes, but hate the box all you want, you are still in a box and going to always be in One, that is what it means to have never created yourself but be a creation and therefore, what I am describing). you Already know that your Sins and Offences have reached Unforgivable Proportions and Heights and therefore you have been Marked for Destruction, Exactly as Written, Thus, it is Finished For You and Nothing like Eternal Life matters for you for as Christ Says "You have No Part in it". John 14:30.

Therefore, Truth Does not Matter to you, but Truth is Only For those who have A Chance of Acquiring Eternal Life and Not for those who have Already been Condemned to "death", as their Soul has reported to them (John 3:18-21)

So it's Finished for you but it does not have to be so for other souls!

You of your own will chose and elected to commit suicide with your own soul, it is Wrong and Wicked and Satanic for you to Murder other souls thereby further committing "Murder-Suicide" as Suicide Murderers aka Suicide Bombers!

Quote the books you are referring to or are those ones also in your imagination? If they are real provide the references, it's quite simple.
Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by Image123(m): 11:46am On Apr 30, 2021
LordReed:

I ask a question, you don't answer and you talk about silly games. Why don't you try answering straightforward for once. When you ask me questions I usually answer without telling you how silly the question is but you won't do the same. Try it, it's quite refreshing.

i already answered your question, i said it's not a moral law. They are not in the same class.
Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by Dtruthspeaker: 12:41pm On Apr 30, 2021
1Sharon:

First there are many things in this case but The Good and Moral Law was Did not Cause it, rather, it was Defied and Broken from the Beginning.

And the beginning of This Transaction started from Judges Chapter 19:1 not from verse 22 as you presented.

In 19:1, we see A Lawyer and A Judge (For A Levite is both A Lawyer and A Judge) Breaking The Law, for The Law had Already Prohibited "Whoring" (Verse 2) see. Leviticus 21:7 and 14.

A Levite is Holy unto God and He is Not Allowed to Break The Law, "Woe unto ye Lawyers"!

Thus, Judges 19 is about the Woe which shall fall upon Lawyers and Judges and their Accomplices, when they Break The Law!

Therefore, this Story is About God Upholding His Law and Giving Judgement, Morality and Good is not attacked.
Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by LordReed(m): 1:22pm On Apr 30, 2021
Image123:

i already answered your question, i said it's not a moral law. They are not in the same class.

But if you disobeyed it you'll be considered immoral whether or not it was ceremonial.
Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by 1Sharon(f): 1:43pm On Apr 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

First there are many things in this case but The Good and Moral Law was Did not Cause it, rather, it was Defied and Broken from the Beginning.

And the beginning of This Transaction started from Judges Chapter 19:1 not from verse 22 as you presented.

In 19:1, we see A Lawyer and A Judge (For A Levite is both A Lawyer and A Judge) Breaking The Law, for The Law had Already Prohibited "Whoring" (Verse 2) see. Leviticus 21:7 and 14.

A Levite is Holy unto God and He is Not Allowed to Break The Law, "Woe unto ye Lawyers"!

Thus, Judges 19 is about the Woe which shall fall upon Lawyers and Judges and their Accomplices, when they Break The Law!

Therefore, this Story is About God Upholding His Law and Giving Judgement, Morality and Good is not attacked.

Don't deflect.

I asked about verse 22-30 not verse 1.

A woman was gang raped and chopped up, explain what is moral and good about that??

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by Image123(m): 1:50pm On Apr 30, 2021
LordReed:

But if you disobeyed it you'll be considered immoral whether or not it was ceremonial.

It depends on who and when. If you told your little daughter not to go out without shoes, not to steal, and not to talk while eating. i want to hope that you don't class all your laws on the same scale?
Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by Image123(m): 1:54pm On Apr 30, 2021
1Sharon:

What sort of joker are you guys, is this passage a command of God?
Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by Dtruthspeaker: 1:58pm On Apr 30, 2021
LordReed:

Thanks for taking it well!

Here are a Few!

1) All Human Rights Books and for this Purposes, Preliminary Studies in Human Rights Law by O. W Igwe Take Notice of
American Congress of July 4, 1776, Declaration of Independence

"We hold THESE TRUTHS TO BE SELF-EVIDENT, that all men are created equal, that THEY ARE ENDOWED BY THEIR CREATOR with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness... in Clear Proof and Declaration of The Truth that it is He Whom we Call God Who Created us and Set in Us the Rights we have as men and not man! Page 24.

2) WHAT ARE HUMAN RIGHTS? Cranston M (1973)

"Human Right is A twentieth century name for what has been traditionally known as Natural Rights" in Proof that Nature Dictated Set Rights not man page 1.

3) CRIMINOLOGY: Stephen Jones (Butterworths,1998)

"INDIVIDUALS Agree to join together and form a Society"
. Page 1

in Proof of God creating Individuals First as shown in the Bible before Societies were and are formed and can be formed.

4) Logic and Philosophy by Prince will I. Alozie credited to Don John Scotus (1266-1308) at Page 190.

"God willfully created the universe and willfully gave or commanded moral rule."

5) Nichomechian Ethics by Aristotle,

"Natural Justice is that which everywhere, has the same force and does not exist by the people thinking this or that.."

6) All Philosophy Books Prove that Philosophers Studied what was created whether Ionians or Milesians or Thales and Prove that they came to meet things already on ground eg the earth, the seas, the skies, man, animals, Law!
Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by Dtruthspeaker: 2:10pm On Apr 30, 2021
1Sharon:

Don't deflect.

I asked about verse 22-30 not verse 1.

A woman was gang raped and chopped up, explain what is moral and good about that??

I deflected not but answered the Whole Story and Neither is it Right for you to Cut Down the Whole Story to a part thereof, that makes your representation and thinking, A Lie and a Falsehood.

When you break The Law, You Do Evil.

And when you Do Evil, Evil comes to get you! Which is What Moral warns you about "Do Not evil, for Evil Pursueth after the Evil Doers"!

Nothing Moral to inquire Only Judgement Levied Upon Law Breakers.

Or is it moral for law breakers to go Unpunished?
I Say No, they must be punished.

The Long Arm of The Law went after them and caught them.

But your reaction is understandable for first you are a woman and secondly, you do what she did, so you are just simply shouting that is this the kind of Judgement God levies upon Whores, their patrons and customers and Specially upon Lawyers.
Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by Oldboss(m): 2:15pm On Apr 30, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Because you don’t know what the definition of evidence is. Whatever you said is your opinion and cannot be tested under any standardize method
you people that kills the most e.g
ISIS , Boko
Haram, the Taliban , and al-Qaeda ,
all kill in the name of your fruadulent god allah
Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by LordReed(m): 6:01pm On Apr 30, 2021
Image123:

It depends on who and when. If you told your little daughter not to go out without shoes, not to steal, and not to talk while eating. i want to hope that you don't class all your laws on the same scale?

They obviously aren't but disobeying this crayfish law means you will not be able to "come into the presence of the lord" and be deemed "unholy". Not an insignificant consequence in this scheme.
Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by LordReed(m): 6:28pm On Apr 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Thanks for taking it well!

Here are a Few!

1) All Human Rights Books and for this Purposes, Preliminary Studies in Human Rights Law by O. W Igwe Take Notice of
American Congress of July 4, 1776, Declaration of Independence

"We hold THESE TRUTHS TO BE SELF-EVIDENT, that all men are created equal, that THEY ARE ENDOWED BY THEIR CREATOR with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness... in Clear Proof and Declaration of The Truth that it is He Whom we Call God Who Created us and Set in Us the Rights we have as men and not man! Page 24.
4) Logic and Philosophy by Prince will I. Alozie credited to Don John Scotus (1266-1308) at Page 190.

"God willfully created the universe and willfully gave or commanded moral rule."

People who already believe in god stating that their god this and that without evidencing the god are not proof of said god or what his purported actions are. Someone can equally claim that FSM made all laws, does that equal evidence or proof? No it does not so neither do these.

2) WHAT ARE HUMAN RIGHTS? Cranston M (1973)

"Human Right is A twentieth century name for what has been traditionally known as Natural Rights" in Proof that Nature Dictated Set Rights not man page 1.
3) CRIMINOLOGY: Stephen Jones (Butterworths,1998)

"INDIVIDUALS Agree to join together and form a Society"
. Page 1

in Proof of God creating Individuals First as shown in the Bible before Societies were and are formed and can be formed.
5) Nichomechian Ethics by Aristotle,

"Natural Justice is that which everywhere, has the same force and does not exist by the people thinking this or that.."

Human beings figured out how to do stuff therefore because god created them, he created the thing they figured out how to do? You are merely begging the question. In local parlance, you are doing wuru wuru to the answer.

6) All Philosophy Books Prove that Philosophers Studied what was created whether Ionians or Milesians or Thales and Prove that they came to meet things already on ground eg the earth, the seas, the skies, man, animals, Law!

Like I said you are merely attributing things to your favourite mythological divine being, you have presented nothing closely resembling proof of your assertions.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by sonmvayina(m): 7:29pm On Apr 30, 2021
FatherOfJesus:

Dtruthspeaker...somebody else has also noticed.

See, I told you that you lack spiritual intelligence, you were quick to argue and claim winning of arguments. I don't argue with folks like you. Another person who also belongs to your category is kobojunkie.
I just pray that your eyes will be opened sooner than letter.

There is no shame in admitting that you don't know and you are open willing to learn. That is the hallmark of somebody who is making meaningful progress.

Take a break backwards and re evaluate your stand. And see if somebody else has a better outlet.

We are all in this planet to learn and grow.
Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by Dtruthspeaker: 7:46pm On Apr 30, 2021
LordReed:

People who already believe in god stating that their god this and that without evidencing the god are not proof of said god or what his purported actions are. Someone can equally claim that FSM made all laws, does that equal evidence or proof? No it does not so neither do these.

grin You have departed from the issue for we are not talking about Supplying Evidence in Proof of God, but about "Records Outside and Beyond the Bible" which Corroborate Truths of the Contents of the Bible on Morality/Law, which I have just satisfied.

LordReed:

Human beings figured out how to do stuff therefore because god created them, he created the thing they figured out how to do? .

grin Haven't you heard "He Who owns the farm owns the harvest?" grin

So of course it goes without saying!

LordReed:

Like I said you are merely attributing things to your favourite mythological divine being, you have presented nothing closely resembling proof of your assertions.

grin Now You Have Changed it from "favourite book of mythology" to "favourite mythological divine being" Hence Change of Post! grin

So, Truly, No Road for you to go on! grin
Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by LordReed(m): 8:02pm On Apr 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin You have departed from the issue for we are not talking about Supplying Evidence in Proof of God, but about "Records Outside and Beyond the Bible" which Corroborate Truths of the Contents of the Bible on Morality/Law, which I have just satisfied.

The reason for asking for extra-biblical sources is to provide evidence. Like my 2 year you seem to be missing the rules of the game.

grin Haven't you heard "He Who owns the farm owns the harvest?" grin

So of course it goes without saying!

Simply claiming something means nothing if you can't prove it. I am sure you are familiar with a document called Cof O, that document will win any loudmouth claims of ownership.

grin Now You Have Changed it from "favourite book of mythology" to "favourite mythological divine being" Hence Change of Post! grin

So, Truly, No Road for you to go on! grin

You really should come to school with my 2 year old and her friends, I am sure that's the appropriate level for you. LMAO!!

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by Dtruthspeaker: 8:19pm On Apr 30, 2021
LordReed:

The reason for asking for extra-biblical sources is to provide evidence. Like my 2 year you seem to be missing the rules of the game.

grin Evidence of Morality/Law not Just "Evidence" so this is perversion and craftiness and Change of Post!

LordReed:

Simply claiming something means nothing if you can't prove it. I am sure you are familiar with a document called Cof O, that document will win any loudmouth claims of ownership.

grin more deviations! There is No Way you can Reasonably and Properly Continue here at all

LordReed:

You really should come to school with my 2 year old and her friends, I am sure that's the appropriate level for you. LMAO!!

Now, the ridicule flies in, Clearly Showing No Road for you to Escape! grin
Re: 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. by sonmvayina(m): 8:24pm On Apr 30, 2021
Like I always say. There is only one God. It is just the nomenclature and the stories man has developed to covey spiritual truths that are different.. The message in the story is what gives life. And it is consistent among cultures.
God only gave humanity laws to keep and obey to make this earthly experience more fulfilling and purposeful, because at the end of the day. The body returns to dust and the spirit(or breath) returns to God..God's laws are universal...and are supposed to last forever as long as humans live on earth..
It is the Greeco/Roman empire that created the Jesus character and deceived humanity that the tale is truth. And set humanity on a rebellious path with his creator...

So sad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

VERY Strong Bible Scholars, Will Their Be The Ability To Sin In Heaven ? / How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? / How GOD Will Handle The Two Homosexuals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.