Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) (7810 Views)

How much Of Hausa/Fulani/Sahelian culture is Arab,Berber & Taureg culture? / Divorce: We Are Probing Possible Hacking Of Olori Naomi’s Instagram Page- Palace / The Truth About North-African Genetics And The Berber/amazigh People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by Adeba01(m): 5:49pm On May 02, 2021
naijadrivablog:
I doubt.

Why? Does the notion, though or idea terrify you?
Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by Olu317(m): 6:10pm On May 03, 2021
Adeba01:

Why? Does the notion, though or idea terrify you?
Read this to understand the peculiarity of Yoruba ancestry of neaderthals https://www.newscientist.com/article/2231991-neanderthals-never-lived-in-africa-but-their-genes-got-there-anyway/#ixzz6tp0mEbSi

This support Yoruba information as migrants!

1 Like

Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by macof(m): 11:14pm On May 04, 2021
Lol the way people will just go online to post all kinds of things without studying the topic

So light skin among Yoruba is a product of breeding with fulani? The highest prevalence of light skin amongst yorubas is Ekiti... Yet Ekiti had no significant fulani interaction.. You look to the Oyo and Igbomina for that

And even talking about fulani, what's up with holding up this silly myth that fulani have caucasoid ancestry?
This idea is based on isolated observation that Fulanis tend to be light skin and have long noses... But looking at all Fulanis not just cheering picking here and there you find fulani are a majority dark skin people

And one guy above even said Oyo are ethnically Nupe lol na wa o. So the Ife heritage means nothing, the Yoruba language means nothing?

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by Olu317(m): 11:59am On May 06, 2021
Adeba01:

Okay, fair enough, just to reconfirm as I know you stated before that on your Father's side you do not have any White / caucasiod blood?
Now that you know. Can you explain reason I and uncountable cousins of mine from partrilineal lineage have natural wavy/curly hair while some with straight hair?
Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by Adeba01(m): 12:10pm On May 26, 2021
@Macof

Unbelievable for you to be throwing the word 'silly' in your post, when you're making absurd statements.

By the way Fulanis are mixed;

https://www.discovermagazine.com/the-sciences/the-fulani-have-an-old-berber-element

https://bmcgenomics.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12864-019-6296-7

Deal with it, make sure you read the links I kindly and charitably sent to you before discussing this particular subject with me.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by Adeba01(m): 12:21pm On May 26, 2021
Olu317:
Now that you know. Can you explain reason I and uncountable cousins of mine from partrilineal lineage have natural wavy/curly hair while some with straight hair?

I will explain that it is most than likely introgression from either one of the many fulanis (who have historically settled in Yorubaland) that one of your ancesters would have mixed with, or from one of the many brazilian slave returnees (keeping in mind they would have been mixed with eurasian ancestry), whom your ancesters would have mixed with. Consequently, because of either of those explanations being of a mixed lineage you and your cousins with regards to your hair texture are expressing your genetically mixed lineage. In the scientific world it is known as atavism.

Hope that answers your question.
Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by macof(m): 3:49pm On May 26, 2021
Adeba01:
@Macof

Unbelievable for you to be throwing the word 'silly' in your post, when you're making absurd statements.

By the way Fulanis are mixed;

https://www.discovermagazine.com/the-sciences/the-fulani-have-an-old-berber-element

https://bmcgenomics.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12864-019-6296-7

Deal with it, make sure you read the links I kindly and charitably sent to you before discussing this particular subject with me.

This is not about me dealing with anything. You can't just come spewing trash based on half knowledge out of a few Internet articles.

Fulani are not the only ones found with percentages of Eurasian genes, Hausa, Songhai, Kanuri, Cushitic language speakers like Somali also do. Nobody said Africans carry no percentage of genes that mutated outside Africa. What I said is, light skin amongst Yoruba is not about admixture with fulani, given many factors, chief of which is that fulani are not even mainly light skin

If you want to stick to genetic analysis do so. Don't come here making up trash that light skin among Yoruba is due to mixing with fulani who in turn mix with Berbers who in turn mix with Europeans
What's all that

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by Olu317(m): 4:59pm On May 26, 2021
Adeba01:

I will explain that it is most than likely introgression from either one of the many fulanis (who have historically settled in Yorubaland) that one of your ancesters would have mixed with, or from one of the many brazilian slave returnees (keeping in mind they would have been mixed with eurasian ancestry), whom your ancesters would have mixed with. Consequently, because of either of those explanations being of a mixed lineage you and your cousins with regards to your hair texture are expressing your genetically mixed lineage. In the scientific world it is known as atavism.

Hope that answers your question.

What if No fulani link in my ancetry;Islam is not adopted in my partrilnel lineage.. Ifaodu was the lord among their religion and they never married without consulting.

2. No African or Yoruba returnee in my own direct ancestry. The reason being that marrying wasnt groom's decision but families;most often one's parent. I mean in era of my great grandfather and before him.

Nevertheless, women captured as war slaves or found in sojourn land by warrior princes in my lineage may take such self decision.

Any other possible postulation ?

1 Like

Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by Adeba01(m): 11:37pm On May 26, 2021
macof:

This is not about me dealing with anything. You can't just come spewing trash based on half knowledge out of a few Internet articles.

Fulani are not the only ones found with percentages of Eurasian genes, Hausa, Songhai, Kanuri, Cushitic language speakers like Somali also do. Nobody said Africans carry no percentage of genes that mutated outside Africa. What I said is, light skin amongst Yoruba is not about admixture with fulani, given many factors, chief of which is that fulani are not even mainly light skin

If you want to stick to genetic analysis do so. Don't come here making up trash that light skin among Yoruba is due to mixing with fulani who in turn mix with Berbers who in turn mix with Europeans
What's all that

You're to brainwashed in your own propaganda to read the links I charitably and kindly shared. As I warned you beforehand do not bother discussing this particular topic with me until you have read the actual data.
Quit your nonsense propaganda, and furthermore you are on ignore mode. As I believe in what the Chinese sages rightfully state which is "never argue with a fool, not only will he drag you down to his level but he will beat you with experience". I adhere to these principles.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by Adeba01(m): 11:42pm On May 26, 2021
Olu317:

What if No fulani link in my ancetry;Islam is not adopted in my partrilnel lineage.. Ifaodu was the lord among their religion and they never married without consulting.

2. No African or Yoruba returnee in my own direct ancestry. The reason being that marrying wasnt groom's decision but families;most often one's parent. I mean in era of my great grandfather and before him.

Nevertheless, women captured as war slaves or found in sojourn land by warrior princes in my lineage may take such self decision.

Any other possible postulation ?

Thank you for your polite response, nice to know some people with basic Manners. Not trying to put your lineage in trouble waters but how do you know if any of your family is hiding something in your lineage how do you know if your Mum, or any of your grand mothers had extra liaisons and then hide that fact from your Father or grandfathers. In today's parlance it is known as paternity fraud.
Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by macof(m): 6:49am On May 27, 2021
Adeba01:

You're to brainwashed in your own propaganda to read the links I charitably and kindly shared. As I warned you beforehand do not bother discussing this particular topic with me until you have read the actual data.
Quit your nonsense propaganda, and furthermore you are on ignore mode. As I believe in what the Chinese sages rightfully state which is "never argue with a fool, not only will he drag you down to his level but he will beat you with experience". I adhere to these principles.

You are just silly. You are yet to prove your point that yoruba have light skin as a result of Berber admixture and you call me brainwashed. Lol brainwashed because I'm not silly to accept your utter bullshiit and ignorance on the science of skin color and gene mutation over the course of human existence. According to this dullard here light skin must be traced to some European gene grin
You are looking for who will accept your claim without doing the work to prove it - is that not brainwash? That word describes what you intend to do here unfortunately for you nobody is buying it

What data do you have? And if you read my response to your link you would know that I read it and there's nothing new there. However your links do not serve as data to support your claim. Give us the data that your claim about the Yoruba is based on. The burden of proof lays with you. You are the real fool here. Dummies always thinking themselves wise on this forum grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by Olu317(m): 8:01am On May 27, 2021
Adeba01:

Thank you for your polite response, nice to know some people with basic Manners. Not trying to put your lineage in trouble waters but how do you know if any of your family is hiding something in your lineage how do you know if your Mum, or any of your grand mothers had extra liaisons and then hide that fact from your Father or grandfathers. In today's parlance it is known as paternity fraud.
Thank so much for such obversation. Although being polite is expected from a well trainedman(she/he) by parents, four walls of classroom and society at large. So, if you see or percieve such trait in me via my posting, then it must have been these factors that aided.
Nevertheless, it is ancestrally in one critical angle; My father was my hero because being fatherly and motherly drawn me to him.While my extended family are like that,although at times,one maturely reject some ill norms among provokers.

One of my curiosity is that my father's lineage is more of light skin, brownish skin, shade dark skin with form of curly hair, faint curly hair woolly hair , straight hair. Unlike my direct matrilineal lineage, whose complexion are massively opposite interm of complexion which they are more brownish/chocolate or shade of dark-bronze colour. Aptly,my pretty dapper mother was real dark skin and her families have close knitted complexion with her family members. Meanhile her family members have straight hair majorly.

Though, anything is possible as regard, what is called "Patenity fraud" but I want to lean on Dna analysis on Ghost Dna found among Yorubas , Esan etc, which it further studies posits seemingly Neanderthal attribute to such admixture . So, if it is otherwise, I don't really know,because as I had mentioned, I was not told by father.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by RedboneSmith(m): 8:50am On May 27, 2021
When I saw this post, I assumed it would be about genetics, but it turned out to be about an Encyclopedia Britannica article written way back in 1911!

If you knew anything about Colonial views on the racial history of Africa held by white people at the time, you would not take that article seriously on this issue.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by baby124: 12:21pm On May 27, 2021
Yoruba are from Nigeria. They migrated from there to other parts of the world. Not Vice versa. Historical evidence suggests this and scientific has proven it. The assumptions and insecurities of a few cannot change that. And what is the obsession with skin color in all these posts? Very insulting and an attempt to colorize a whole ethnic group

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by KingOKON: 8:14pm On May 28, 2021
Olu317:
My father was not darkskin; I mean you can call me African but not darkskin because my father was very light skin with a form of curly hair. ��

I know a surgeon that can make you look like person you so crave to be, Michael Jackson did it so why can't you.....the most insecure being I have ever come across, Mr Neanderthal gene
Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by Olu317(m): 12:12am On May 29, 2021
KingOKON:

I know a surgeon that can make you look like person you so crave to be, Michael Jackson did it so why can't you.....the most insecure being I have ever come across, Mr Neanderthal gene
Lol. If you actually know ! Perhaps, you will think less of me being Whiteskin , so to affirm.

Infact, my complexion is like Oramiya whose complexion is termed as burnt face and hands; due to weather factor and light body. grin grin grin.D. So, I am contented.

I am just wondering reason you want me to engage you. But alas, I am not in that league . Therefore, enjoy yourself and do have a great time,despite your abusive terms,that you have used on me. Lest we forget,do have a great time outhere

1 Like

Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by KingOKON: 8:17pm On May 30, 2021
Olu317:
Lol. If you actually know ! Perhaps, you will think less of me being Whiteskin , so to affirm.

Infact, my complexion is like Oramiya whose complexion is termed as burnt face and hands; due to weather factor and light body. grin grin grin.D. So, I am contented.

I am just wondering reason you want me to engage you. But alas, I am not in that league . Therefore, enjoy yourself and do have a great time,despite your abusive terms,that you have used on me. Lest we forget,do have a great tume outhere

With Chelsea it is always a great time
Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by Christistruth00: 11:51pm On Jun 04, 2021
Oyo and Nupe share a Similar bloodline because Nupe was once under Oyo and Oyo was also once under Nupe

Also the Oyos had so many Hausa Slaves because the Slaves from the Fulani Jihad passed through Oyo on their way to the Coast and Since Oyos had no problem with Marrying their Female Slaves Voila ! their offspring had Oyo, Hausa and Berber blood.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by Adeba01(m): 10:38am On Jun 05, 2021
Christistruth00:
Oyo and Nupe share a Similar bloodline because Nupe was once under Oyo and Oyo was also once under Nupe

Also the Oyos had so many Hausa Slaves because the Slaves from the Fulani Jihad passed through Oyo on their way to the Coast and Since Oyos had no problem with Marrying their Female Slaves Voila ! their offspring had Oyo, Hausa and Berber blood.

100 % agree with you well said. It also shows on the genetic side, whereby the paternal lineages are relatively homogeneous but the maternal lineages are heterogenous.

Forgot to also say that the Yorubas had such intimate links, connections and contacts with the Nupe and Hausas; that they gave them names in their own language. The Hausas were known as Gambari and the Nupe were known as Tapa.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by theTranslator: 5:03pm On Jun 05, 2021
Adeba01:

Why would you want to marry others when the dark genes are the most beautiful of God's creation, do you suffer from self hate?
He is Igbo
He said that in mock
Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by macof(m): 8:11pm On Jun 05, 2021
theTranslator:

He is Igbo
He said that in mock
lol.. The Adeba guy is just looking for anyone to support his claims.. Literally anyone
What he doesn't realise is that he has a lot to learn and understand on the subject

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by theTranslator: 9:16pm On Jun 05, 2021
macof:
lol.. The Adeba guy is just looking for anyone to support his claims.. Literally anyone
What he doesn't realise is that he has a lot to learn and understand on the subject
I swear grin
I just dey laugh grin
In my family
My grandfather and grandmother are light
My father dark
I am dark
He thinks we are all fools
Berber my left foot
We are Yoruba
We are black African
We are proud.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by Dupamecano: 9:06pm On Jun 06, 2021
The Khoisan who are one of the quintessential negroid ethnic groups are known to be entirely fair skinned. The DNA of Igbos who are know to have a few light skinned people has been shown to be 100% negroid.

On the other hand, the Songhai, Kanuri and other predominantly dark skinned ethnicities have been proven to have north or non African admixture.

Skin complexion isn't an indicator of multiracial people. Other factors like lips, nose shape, skull shape and hair texture are much more reliable when discussing phenotypes not that these too are fool proof.

At the end of the day, like some people mentioned, this inferiority complex is really sad. It seems every ethnicity is going out of their way to claim non African admixture and it's quite heartbreaking.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by rhektor(m): 8:32am On Jun 11, 2021
Olu317:
I dont know your school of thought but have you for once wondered reasons the Hebrew words are found in Yoruba language ? I mean classic Hebrew,which arent found in Arabic as 100% cognate found in Yoruba language does not exist in Hausa language or Ethiopic language.

This has nothing to do with inferiority complex and did not originate from Europeans as you have speculated. I expected you to know that ,oral account, manufacturing production, Animals of Yorubas difference from African species,Visual Art works, Oramiela similarity wth Arab's Il Raml( divination system to God), food crops that are found in Yoruba land etc

I am aware that the Bible is termed among atheist scholars as fictional even with awesome Archeological evidence that showed Hebrew scrolls found in Egypt in Africa and Near East.But the reality is that, you must be able to read classic Hebrew ideogram as well as Yoruba's to understand the fact.

Paradventure, you can read it, or wait till I do scholarly justice in the future. Before then verify these oral account that are proto Hebrew Bible account and Yorubas:

1. DaoduIwa/DodoIwas/DudduIwa/DoodooIwa is aYoruba name for the head of the family and pioneer unifying king who overthrew two kings. These is replica as a David(English name) ,Daod( Arabic name).

2. Thirteen settlement are the settlement that was unified under DodoIwa,which is same as Hebrew kingdoms that's thirteen

3. DodoIwa attacked a king at ancient side of ora and took the man's ancestor crown . The same was the case of David,who attact a man whose ancestor crown was taken

4. The name of the crown DodoIwa/DuduIwa took was Makin. The name of the crown David took was M-a-l-k( this is the ideogram written account). The king known as Oba kutukutu Osanganga(Yoruba's account)

5. That Yoruba's Yéṣùà is same in meaning as Hebrew's Yeshua i.e having same 100% true cognate and meaning with Hebrew.

Lastly, Guess what? I leave the rest in my book.

Olú olù grin
Daoduiwa/Dodoiwa/Dudduiwa/Doodooiwa? Which Yorùbá head is that? grin
What we have is Dáódù which is the male eldest son in a family Olu317 you are a fraud suffering from inferiority complex
2. Which 13 Hebrew kingdom is this boy talking about? Hebrew (children of Jacob/Israel are 12, only 11 of them have city states grin where did the 13 sprang from?

3. How many kings did David attacked in the ancient world? You just have to do cherry picking just to suit this your silly Yorùbá Hebrew narrative? undecided

4. You jumped to Odùduwà when it suits your lies then switched to Osangangan in the same context grin
Are these two people the same, I mean Odùduwà and Osangangan? undecided

5 . Where did you get the meaning of Yéṣùà from in the Yorùbá language? What did it mean?

Olu317 you're a fraud, your lies will be destroyed here one after the other. I have promised you since you lied in the other thread about using Ìjẹ̀bú dialect I won't let go of you. You have had enough time on nairaland deceiving people

TAO11 your boy is at it again grin

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by lifeisgood12: 6:20pm On Jun 11, 2021
Adeba01:
I found an interesting article on the yorubas, that I find very insightful, wherein in states that Yorubas have berber caucasiod through mixing with the fulanis.

Here is the link of the source, you will find the information fascinating :-

https://en.m.wikisource.org/wiki/1911_Encyclop%C3%A6dia_Britannica/Yorubas

What do you think?
its called eurasian DNA. almost every africa has eurasian DNA except the khoisan people

1 Like

Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by lifeisgood12: 6:23pm On Jun 11, 2021
Christistruth00:

only fulanis have berber blood in nigeria lol.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by Christistruth00: 7:32pm On Jun 11, 2021
lifeisgood12:

only fulanis have berber blood in nigeria lol.

No . there is so much Berber blood in Kano because for Centuries it was the Termination Point of a Caravan Trade route Starting from Cairo in Egypt through the Sahara desert

The Tuaregs are Berbers and in Niger they live Side by Side with Hausas

Kano also had another Caravan Trade route through the Sahara desert to Tunis in Tunisia

In the old days Arabs did a lot of business in Kano but the Shipping Industry changed everything

Any Hausa Person with the Surname Laraba is of Arab descent but they are. now as black as Ebony if you see them

1 Like

Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by Olu317(m): 7:51pm On Jun 11, 2021
rhektor:

Olú olù grin
Daoduiwa/Dodoiwa/Dudduiwa/Doodooiwa? Which Yorùbá head is that? grin
What we have is Dáódù which is the male eldest son in a family Olu317 you are a fraud suffering from inferiority complex
2. Which 13 Hebrew kingdom is this boy talking about? Hebrew (children of Jacob/Israel are 12, only 11 of them have city states grin where did the 13 sprang from?

3. How many kings did David attacked in the ancient world? You just have to do cherry picking just to suit this your silly Yorùbá Hebrew narrative? undecided

4. You jumped to Odùduwà when it suits your lies then switched to Osangangan in the same context grin
Are these two people the same, I mean Odùduwà and Osangangan? undecided

5 . Where did you get the meaning of Yéṣùà from in the Yorùbá language? What did it mean?

Olu317 you're a fraud, your lies will be destroyed here one after the other. I have promised you since you lied in the other thread about using Ìjẹ̀bú dialect I won't let go of you. You have had enough time on nairaland deceiving people

TAO11 your boy is at it again grin
Liar
Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by lifeisgood12: 3:57am On Jun 12, 2021
Christistruth00:

No . there is so much Berber blood in Kano because for Centuries it was the Termination Point of a Caravan Trade route Starting from Cairo in Egypt through the Sahara desert

The Tuaregs are Berbers and in Niger they live Side by Side with Hausas

Kano also had another Caravan Trade route through the Sahara desert to Tunis in Tunisia

In the old days Arabs did a lot of business in Kano but the Shipping Industry changed everything

Any Hausa Person with the Surname Laraba is of Arab descent but they are. now as black as Ebony if you see them
unless you are mixed with berbers, tuaregs, arabs you shouldn't have their dna. Fulanis are the main ethnic group known to have north african dna in west africa. Yes kano itself used to be a business hub for slave and good mixing would have happened. The hausa name laraba comes from Ar-ba'ah which means 'Wednesday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by Christistruth00: 9:28am On Jun 12, 2021
lifeisgood12:

unless you are mixed with berbers, tuaregs, arabs you shouldn't have their dna. Fulanis are the main ethnic group known to have north african dna in west africa. Yes kano itself used to be a business hub for slave and good mixing would have happened. The hausa name laraba comes from Ar-ba'ah which means 'Wednesday.

H
Yes, a lot of mixing with Hausa, Berbers and Arabs took place in Kano it was an International Commercial Center and Hausa People of Arab descent also have the Surname Laraba it is short for Larabawa and means Arab in Hausa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by Dupamecano: 3:21pm On Jun 12, 2021
Christistruth00:

H
Yes, a lot of mixing with Hausa, Berbers and Arabs took place in Kano it was an International Commercial Center and Hausa People of Arab descent also have the Surname Laraba it is short for Larabawa and means Arab in Hausa

Don't forget the Rumawa who are believed to have originated from the Byzantine empire. The sharifai who are descendants of Muhammad Al Maghili and various other families who directly descended from Berbers and Arabs. In general Kano is a mixed bag of various sahelian and sudanian ethnic groups. Even the founding dynasty of the Kingdom Kano Kano are believed to be of eastern origin. Whether this is middle Eastern or eastern African is hard to determine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) by wealthtrak: 6:46pm On Jun 12, 2021
Adeba01:

Depends which Yoruba group, Yorubas are not a homogeneous group but are a heterogenous group. For example the Yorubas from Oyo are Nupe by ethnicity not edoid, but the Yorubas that are Itsekiri are possibly edoid and so to possibly are the Yorubas from Ondo.

Don't forget the Yorubas out of all the southern Nigerian tribes have assimilated the Fulanis and Hausas the most. So vast majority of the Yorubas of today have Hausa / Fulani blood.
As far as I am concerned the Yorubas are more related to the Northern tribes like the Hausa, Nupe Bariba, than they are to the Edos, getting a bit fed up with this Edo Yoruba propaganda link angry.
Read the history books of Yoruba people and they're are more mentions of the Yorubas having greater intercourse and relations with the Hausa / Fulanis than to any other southern Nigeria group.
This is false and the so-called
Wiki site entries can be edited by anyone who is mischievious and
dubious.

Yorubas who are of over 50 million people who are indigenously in
West Africa do not have a high Berber bloodline via any Fulani minority BS. That is LAZY thinking!

All the DNA tests in YouTube
videos of Yorubas that I have
seen since the early 2000s from
AncestryDNA.com and others
do NOT show Berber bloodlines.

Yorubas have high percentage ancestries from these regions
from AncestryDNA tests:

1. Nigeria
2. Benin/Togo
3. Ghana/Ivory Coast

There are Yorubas indigenous to Nigeria, Benin Republic (Ajase or Porto Novo, Ketu or Ketou, and more), and Togo (Atakpame Region), and Ghana (CIA Fact Book). grin

Very few Yorubas of less than 1% (0.01%) of over 50 million: such as Femi Fani-Kayode (who has a
Fulani Islamic scholar great grandfather in the family tree)
will definitely have Berber DNA Markers when he does an AncestryDNA.com test!

NOTE:
Even all the YouTube DNA
tests of male and female Fulanis from different countries such as
Guinea, Nigeria, Senegal clearly show uncanny BERBER DNA Markers or bloodlines of not
more than 10% and as low as 2%!

All Fulanis have Berber bloodline and some Iberian Peninsula bloodlines (Spain and Portuguese). This is not surprising since the
Moors or Berbers/Arabs colonised
Spain for over 700 years till the
year 1492 when the Spaniards finally defeated and expelled the
Muslim invaders back into mainly
North Africa, Turkey, etc. Some of
these Berbers fathered children with Negroid West African women who they may have forcibly taken as concubines thus evolving into the first set of nomadic Fulahs from the Mauretania region.

Over 90% of Fulani ancestral
DNA is of West African stock evolving from the Mauretania
axis then spreading into parts of Senegal, with a Berber paternal lineage of not more than 10%.

Side Note:
Gov. Nasir El-Rufai told a Channels TV crew of 3 which had Maupe Ogun, Gimba Umar, and
Chamberlain Usoh at a Kaduna Economic Summit around 2016 that his forebears migrated from
Guinea in West Africa to Nigeria years after the 1804 jihad.
I wasn't too surprised when
Nasir El-Rufai said so about his ancestry.

President Mohd Buhari's father is
a Niger Republic Fulani (just like
Uthman Dan Fodio), while Pres. Buhari's mother is of Hausa and Kanuri lineage. This is the reason why PMB said bluntly on his visit
to Lagos this week that he has
First Cousins in Niger Republic
and he accurately alluded to the fact that Yorubas are indigenous to
Benin Republic in the Arise TV interview! grin

Even before the DNA tests of the late 1990s to the 2000s, I had read history books back in the 1980s that Fulanis say they have Berber ancestry which is very true based on DNA.

Hope this helps.smiley

Cheers!

P.S. Yorubas via the powerful
Oyo Empire had more links with
Mali Empire, Bini Empire, and the Asanti Empire, Nupe, Bariba, etc, via long-distance trading.

Horses for military use were brought in constantly from the Hausa City States into Oyo Empire centuries back and kolanuts, woven cloths, and other commodities were exported by Oyo via the Nupe country to the far North or
Hausalands in the 16th-19th
Centuries.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTOS: South Africans Go Nude To Celebrate Africa Day / Yoruba Phenomenon Of The Day / Do you want a wife from Oraifite ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.