Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" (17961 Views)

Sheikh Jassim Withdraws Bid To Buy Manchester United. / Willian 'Likes' Chelsea's Instagram Post Celebrating Their Win Over Arsenal / Bet Lovers Call For Arrest Of Akin Alabi Over Arsenal VS Man. City Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by ogbiwa: 1:30pm On Apr 29, 2021
Spotify founder Daniel Ek says his proposed Arsenal takeover is "very serious" and that he has secured funds for a deal.

Amid last week's fallout from the European Super League collapse, Ek said he was interested in buying the club.

Arsenal legends Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp and Patrick Vieira have joined his bid but owners Stan and Josh Kroenke say they do not want to sell.

Ek wants to bring a compelling offer and hopes the Kroenkes "hear me out".

"I have secured the funds for it and I want to bring a very compelling offer to the owners and I hope they hear me out.

"I certainly didn't expect this will happen overnight and I am prepared for this to be a long journey."

Swedish billionaire Ek first signalled his interest in the club following protests by Gunners fans against the Kroenkes for their role in the failed European Super League.

The Kroenkes responded by saying they were "100% committed" to Arsenal and "are not selling any stake".

"I've been an Arsenal fan since I was eight years old," Ek said. "Arsenal is my team. I love the history. I love the players. And of course, I love the fans.

"So as I look at that, I just see a tremendous opportunity to set a real vision for the club to bring it back to its glory. And I want to establish trust with fans and I want to engage the fans again."

Stan Kroenke, 73, took a 9.9% stake in Arsenal in 2007 and slowly built up his shareholding until it reached 62.89% in April 2011.

He then assumed full control of the club after Alisher Usmanov accepted his 2018 bid to buy him out for £550m.

He is the owner of numerous sports franchises, including NFL side the Los Angeles Rams and NBA team the Denver Nuggets.

Kroenke's son Josh is a director at the club and heavily involved in its day-to-day operations.

Who is Daniel Ek?

Ek, 38, co-founded music streaming service Spotify in 2006 and remains the organisation's chief executive officer.

He was born in Stockholm, Sweden and worked for and founded other businesses before setting up Spotify.

Spotify has more than 180 million users with 87 million paying subscribers.

Kroenkes want Arsenal success - Arteta

Earlier on Wednesday, Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta said the Kroenkes "are going to do everything" to achieve success at the club.

"If [the fans] get the opportunity to know them, I think most of them would be surprised," said Arteta.

"And if that is the case, I think that will benefit everybody at the football club.

"It will benefit the fans and bring a lot of clarity. If there is a way to do that and it is going to be helpful, let's do it, if that is what is necessary."

On the speculation around Ek's proposed takeover Arteta said: "A lot of talks and a lot of speculation has been surrounding the situation the last week or so.

"Our fans raised their voices during the match against Everton, but now we have a clear and committed statement from the ownership, so I think that is gone when they said what they did.

"I cannot control the speculation and what is going on. What I like to know and talk about is the reality, and the reality is that we have owners who are really, really committed and want a successful team on the pitch and are going to do everything they can to achieve that."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56911751

1 Like

Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by DDDEnterprises: 1:40pm On Apr 29, 2021
Is that enough to change their destiny and enable them win the league within the next 20 years?

By the way, please check my signature and patronize us for your data. Na beg I dey beg. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by paulolee(m): 2:04pm On Apr 29, 2021
hope they do and I pray d board sells to dm
Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by cosmatika(m): 5:15pm On Apr 29, 2021
Okay
Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by Judolisco(m): 5:15pm On Apr 29, 2021
Dangote hwf na

2 Likes

Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:15pm On Apr 29, 2021
It came to a point in England If people wanna Crack a joke, all they need to whisper to each other's ears is ARSENAL!!!

That's all, and the whole room will burst out laughing grin cheesy smiley

What a club!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:16pm On Apr 29, 2021
The gunners themselves.
From Dangote to Spotify.... grin wink wink cheesy

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by Oyiboman69: 5:16pm On Apr 29, 2021

1 Like

Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by flexd99(m): 5:16pm On Apr 29, 2021
He could have started by acquiring some stake and gradually increasing it IMO
But whatever suits him, he has the money

BTW,
We're still your best vendor for UK used laptops
Contact us to make a choice from our new Stock

Contact in signature
Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by FarahAideed: 5:16pm On Apr 29, 2021
His child hood club
Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by FrankBass281(m): 5:16pm On Apr 29, 2021
So person go dey buy arsenal of all clubs
If you have infinix hot 9 for sale..quote me
Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by Oyiboman69: 5:16pm On Apr 29, 2021
If my game enter...I go buy arsenal fc
Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by SolomonGrundy: 5:16pm On Apr 29, 2021
It's now or never cool
Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by slawormiir: 5:16pm On Apr 29, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by sweetonugbu: 5:16pm On Apr 29, 2021
Ok
Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:17pm On Apr 29, 2021
where our own dangote dey.....

1 Like

Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by Bbqgrillsnafool: 5:17pm On Apr 29, 2021
So dangote eventually realised that his monopolistic control of Nigerian market can not help him afford Arsenal.

He can buy Kano pillars and bukola babes of kwara or even buy the vulturegriller for 30k

Are we joking here!

2 Likes

Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by Akwamkpuruamu: 5:17pm On Apr 29, 2021
Let them give him 30% share capital of Arsenal
Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by RingRoadMafia: 5:17pm On Apr 29, 2021
He should buy it, dismantle it and sell it as scrap. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by KingDash: 5:18pm On Apr 29, 2021
make e take over sharp sharp.. make e sign me, I ball pass Messi, neymar and ronaldo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by tamdun: 5:18pm On Apr 29, 2021
Fvck kreonk
Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by MorataFC: 5:18pm On Apr 29, 2021
Ok
Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by edi287: 5:19pm On Apr 29, 2021
No thanks. If it's not Usmanov or someone wealthier, I'm perfectly fine with Kroenke.

This guy doesn't know a thing about owning a sports franchise. Forget all this "I'm a fan talk"...dude doesn't have the pockets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 29, 2021
Anything wey dem like make dem do....

Club wey no dey win trophy Before....

Maybe the players will turn to artistes and their songs will be on spotify.....So it will be a win- win for everybody....

That's the only major trophy Arsenal can win...
Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by Massdamm(m): 5:19pm On Apr 29, 2021
RingRoadMafia:
undecided
RingRoadMafia:
Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by purplekayc(m): 5:19pm On Apr 29, 2021
Has keronke agreed to sell?
Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by Jimmyubah2: 5:19pm On Apr 29, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
where our own dangote dey.....
Na una govt monie dangote wan take buy and run arsenal abi?
Dangote no get the kind cheese wey those oyinbo get o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by WoundedLamb: 5:20pm On Apr 29, 2021
Tech taking over sports.
Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by KingDash: 5:20pm On Apr 29, 2021
DesignAndBuild:
38 year old billionaire. Me too wink
all this billionaires Sabi get bald head eh...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" by ofiko123(m): 5:20pm On Apr 29, 2021
Nice one...we will see how this deal turns out or pans out..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Africa Will Have 3 Teams In The Knock-out Stage For The First Time In FIFAWWC / Immigration Officer Involved In Calabar Electrocution Tragedy Dies / The Yobo's Family Shares Cute Selfie (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.