Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,874 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive (30277 Views)

What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? / Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos / 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by amedualiyu(m): 10:41pm On May 09, 2021
OfficialBrendan:
Thanks bro..
Omo for someone that earns 150k..I'll just allow him stay for as long as possible although it's hell-stressful for him but there's no hope for him at the moment because he's setting his rent budget at 200-250k. Although quite understandable because he's still a young bachelor and no plans yet of settling down

250k will get him A standard room self in Ketu excluding agent and commission. It's better for him to stay in Ketu where he will not use more than 200 for Bike daily.

Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:55pm On May 09, 2021
Rent. The one thing that constantly irks me!!! cry
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by AK481(m): 11:03pm On May 09, 2021
Dangote
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by pacespot(m): 11:04pm On May 09, 2021
But the house is cheap at ikorodu based on the rents they post on jiji
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by pacespot(m): 11:05pm On May 09, 2021
But the house is cheap at ikorodu based on the rents they post on jiji. Lagos is overpopulated that is why, people should discongest that city by moving to other areas
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by lebete3000: 11:09pm On May 09, 2021
BrickDevo:
When you calculate your rent money over a decade you will discover you could build your own house with that money.... that's why i always recommend you live a lowkey life while you build your own house, might not be fast but it is worth it. I swear

start planning now, start with me i design and construct buildings, affordable and reliable. Contact me on WhatsApp via my signature.

How much to build this beautiful house?
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by amedualiyu(m): 11:20pm On May 09, 2021
pacespot:
But the house is cheap at ikorodu based on the rents they post on jiji. Lagos is overpopulated that is why, people should discongest that city by moving to other areas

Transportation cost and stress will make you regret the decision to stay there if your work is outside ikorodu

1 Like

Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by ibedun: 11:49pm On May 09, 2021
wunmi590:
shocked

God go help us...

I just dey pray make I no disappoint my 5month old daughter....

I promised her she would be in a saner country before she complete 5years old.....

So help me God

You are one of the fools killing this country. No financial security, no assets, no leverage etc but readily swinging your JohnT left tight and centre making babies? Can’t you people see the strong correlation between poverty and reproduction? Especially in a community of stupid millions of people who sit around and produce NOTHING!!!
Oyinbo countries are getting FULL and they are working on plans to completely halt migration from poor countries. Then what?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by Pwhitelaw(m): 12:08am On May 10, 2021
BrickDevo:
When you calculate your rent money over a decade you will discover you could build your own house with that money.... that's why i always recommend you live a lowkey life while you build your own house, might not be fast but it is worth it. I swear

start planning now, start with me i design and construct buildings, affordable and reliable. Contact me on WhatsApp via my signature.

The door on the balcony is visible on the drawing but the reverse is the case on the physical building.Was that an error or you changed the plan.
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by BrickDevo: 12:16am On May 10, 2021
Pwhitelaw:

The door on the balcony is visible on the drawing but the reverse is the case on the physical building.Was that an error or you changed the plan.
Yah a little modification

1 Like

Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by BrickDevo: 12:17am On May 10, 2021
lebete3000:

How much to build this beautiful house?
Between 18-22million
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by freezyprinzy(m): 1:15am On May 10, 2021
unity004:
grin grin enjoying my 2bedroom flat in nasarawa @50,000naira
where in nassarawa? undecided
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by Estellie: 1:29am On May 10, 2021
grin grin grin grin
unity004:
grin grin enjoying my 2bedroom flat in nasarawa @50,000naira
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by zedegit: 4:26am On May 10, 2021
CotenantNIG:
Do you know you can own a 3 bedroom apartment at shasha Akownjo Egbeda Lagos for as low ₦22,000,000, click to see offer
https://clytee.com/2021/04/13/3-bedroom-flat-for-sale-at-shasha-alimosho/

Let me see the yeye mouth you used to call 22milla "as low as".

You have never even seen that amount before.

1 Like

Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by berbs: 4:34am On May 10, 2021
CotenantNIG:
Do you know you can own a 3 bedroom apartment at shasha Akownjo Egbeda Lagos for as low ₦22,000,000, click to see offer
https://clytee.com/2021/04/13/3-bedroom-flat-for-sale-at-shasha-alimosho/

Account has been suspended.
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by berbs: 4:38am On May 10, 2021
odiomachi:
But the house is cheap at ikorodu based on the rents they post on jiji and co

Very true but power supply is terrible.
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by Nobody: 6:09am On May 10, 2021
oladipuposadeeq:
as in 1 room for 300k na wa oooooooo

Yes.

Goes for up to 1m in Lekki 1
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by thatsleepboy1: 6:31am On May 10, 2021
Ugandatales:

Room in "face me I face you," or self contain room?

You no sabi wetin be one room?
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by thatsleepboy1: 6:32am On May 10, 2021
Joysticks:
Where be iwaya for lasgidi?

For Yaba

1 Like

Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by HRMK: 7:38am On May 10, 2021
nobody is forced to do anything in life!simply look for properties where u deal directly with the landlord!
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by XYZo: 8:20am On May 10, 2021
OfficialBrendan:
Any idea what the rent is like around Berger area. I have a friend that wanna move down there due to accessibility to work and lower rent. He work at Ketu.
A room and parlor..or atleast one room selfcon

Or any suggestions on locations that r cheap and accessible to Ketu..

He stays with me at Ajah and spent almost 40k on tfare last month cry

He should move to Ikorodu . That is the best location for him and not far from Ketu. Houses are far relatively cheaper in Ketu .

2 Likes

Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by XYZo: 8:24am On May 10, 2021
okine4real:
Not really landlords, the economy is bad. Don't forget landlords also needs money in taking care of there family. I remember two years ago, 12MM iron rod was 175k per tone, as at when last I asked, it was 340k per ton. I don't know if it has gone up again. If you have not built a house before ,you would think landlord are crazy while telling you too pay 450k for a mini flat. Let me give you guys a real life example. In my area, if you want to buy a land or lets say a mud house, you hold a minimum of 18M. If you want too build a very decent 6 units of 2 bed room flat each, you would have too hold a minimum of 40M. This 40M is, if you where to built 2 years ago, but I know the money would have increased as BuBu hold everybody too ransom. In my area the last person that build a new two bed room flat rented his for 1M each. If you do the calculation, the house has gulped 60M, from my view, money spent in building a house and acquiring the land should be recupped in maximum of Ten years. If you can't recupp it in ten years, I believe you are losing. Don't forget, house pass house ohh, am talking of a two bed where you have POP, solid iron doors, casement windows, kitchen cabinet, every tenant with his/her prepaid meter, pumping machine and all security lights connected too its own prepaid meter, an employed staff responsible in cleaning the compound and every tenants pays a minimum of 50-80k service charge. Now tell me, while will you invest 60M on a building and you expect me too rent the house for 800k or 500k? Its not possible.... Just as there are cheap schools, there are also expensive school, so also you have Army children school, if you want good education for your children, you know where too take them too. So also if you want the kind of house where by, the house is extremely cool, your landlords fixes all issues pertaining too the house and the rest, your rent needs too high. If I have one of this face me I slap you house and I collect 60k per annum for one room, if rain carry your zinc go, them know born you well too call me too come fix the roof. Na you go fix am by yourself because you are paying nothing for that room, but if you give me 450k for a mini flat and rain carry your zinc go and you call me, I go first apologize too you first and immediately you drop, I go call the carpenter when do the roof, them swear for am, then send am too go fix the roof and give me the cost. Also don't forget cement is around 3800-4k now.

Cheers.

grin cheesy I had a good time reading this grin
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by XYZo: 8:27am On May 10, 2021
OfficialBrendan:
Thanks bro..
Omo for someone that earns 150k..I'll just allow him stay for as long as possible although it's hell-stressful for him but there's no hope for him at the moment because he's setting his rent budget at 200-250k. Although quite understandable because he's still a young bachelor and no plans yet of settling down

He will get 1 bedrrom flat comfortable one in Ikorodu for 150k . Very good one at that and close to Ketu
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by PrisonEscapee(m): 8:30am On May 10, 2021
Leonel52:
Work on a six months contract writing articles from home.

Remuneration : 500,000 Naira.

If this opportunity interests you, signify your interest by sending a message on WhatsApp on

0 8 0 8 6 3 7 3 0 1 2

Thank you
If you earn 500k you wouldn't be spamming nairaland in search of new recruits.

3 Likes

Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by lymelyte(m): 9:04am On May 10, 2021
NamelessOGBENI:
And many are trapped in this cycle and many more will keeping falling into the trap.

Anyway, this is Lagos,
A place where most
Are dying daily just to get famous..
dying in silence..True talk..

1 Like

Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by MajesticKris: 10:35am On May 10, 2021
ifeanyig804 @gmail .com

Send a mail

Sysdatek:

Pm your no
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by kepstone: 10:40am On May 10, 2021
What are you talking about ... come to Abuja, even suburbs are expensive oooooooo. Abuja na house they finish person money 2bedroom good one is 650k-750k and our ladies want to marry into that kind of a house and their guyz salary is 60k. How will dey cope. I think the government should structure a good housing scheme for it citizens that is quite affordable.
Any learn digital skilss with us at DJlabs Abuja. follow link https://decentjobslab.com.ng/
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by OfficialBrendan(m): 11:26am On May 10, 2021
XYZo:

He will get 1 bedrrom flat comfortable one in Ikorodu for 150k . Very good one at that and close to Ketu

Just seeing this..thanks bro and I'll ask him to check the location out..although ikorodu has this notorious reputation for ritualist grin . Seems it's closer to ketu tho
Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by okine4real: 12:48pm On May 10, 2021
I have leaved in ikorodu before. Previously I stayed around Jibowu, so I moved too ikorodu, the location was, once I drop at Elepe bustop, I would take bike too Lawma road, around Ginti. The size of my Kitchen was 11by 12 feet, my Room was 13 by 14 feet, sitting room was 13 by 22 feet, while my dinning was 10 by 8 feet. I only stayed for 7 moths and I parked out. The stress was killing me. I would leave work by 6.30pm and get home 9.30pm. Rent is 250k years, a 3 bedroom flat. Very good house, but how do I access my work? Land in that area as at then was 2.5M. Even after I left, more than a year, I don't think anybody rented the place, even if they do, after a year, they would park because after any new tenant discoveres there stress of going too work, then would park out after there rent expires. So everybody is rushing too the main city so proximity too work would be fair. Also building for city is not beans, after paying govt, Area boys can say bring 1M if you want too build a two start building. I know of a developer that paid 500k too area boys for just erecting a bungalow. If you have not built in the City before, you would not understand, your workers go make mistakes sometimes that you would have too demolish some sections of the block work, and reconstruct again, all money spent done waste ohh. But the koko in all is, materials are very expensive, if you building and you doing parapet, you go keep more than 700k, Engineers in the house if I dey lie make una talk, too paint your house alone, both inside and outside, you go spend more than 800k, all this are rough estimates ohh. So guys, na whom dey build house dey know where e dey pain am for shoe.

2 Likes

Re: Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive by okine4real: 12:53pm On May 10, 2021
OfficialBrendan:

Just seeing this..thanks bro and I'll ask him to check the location out..although ikorodu has this notorious reputation for ritualist grin . Seems it's closer to ketu tho

I get Room and Parlor self contain for Idafa. To get too idafa, first when you get too ikorodu garage, you take a bus going too Maya, drop at Maya, cross to the other side of the road and take a bike of 150 Naira. The Parlor, kitchen and Toilet are tiled. The compound I'd fenced round, water running and the avail tenants have there own prepaid meter. Rent is 80K. Hala me if you interested.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See A Building On Fire In Ikeja Lagos / Woman Loses 5 Children In Lagos School Building Collapse / The Newly Commissioned Olive Court In Ibadan - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.