Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,023 members, 7,807,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman (25003 Views)

FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder / Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank / 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by sisisioge: 6:20am On Apr 30, 2021
So because due process wasnt followed in removing a CEO, the whole directors had to be changed? Well, expect top management changes too o....the die has been cast.

A simple reinstatement plus some warnings would have suffice fa.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by MarketDispatch: 6:23am On Apr 30, 2021
Interesting.
Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by sben2308(m): 6:25am On Apr 30, 2021
FarahAideed:
This is clearly a game of Ego and not of mismanagement like the CBN wants you to believe....very poor handling by the CBN , this is beginning of crisis for FBN

Please can u explain further wat u meant?

1 Like

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 6:25am On Apr 30, 2021
Loiloi Hassan, unexpectedly got de top job.

I pray he move de top back forward
Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by Jamesrock(m): 6:26am On Apr 30, 2021
An ILISAN man now leads FBN, I hope those yahoo boys will learn

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by Focusmind: 6:30am On Apr 30, 2021
Oba Otudeko won't go down without a fight. Regarded as the doyen of the banking sector and a boardroom strategist. He has finally come to his end and I heard that the man is a boardroom bully. I admire him sha.

A lengthy court war is brewing. Lawyers will soon cash out big time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by Adetayo1978(m): 6:37am On Apr 30, 2021
I don't know what wrong I've done to First Bank Plc. The bank has not paid me dividend on the shares I've with them for many years now.
Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by kennyamusan(m): 6:40am On Apr 30, 2021
Power tussle ..... I suspect, but with time, we shall know the truth

1 Like

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by ikaboy: 6:43am On Apr 30, 2021
SavageResponse:
So this is how Ibukun Awosika's career in First Bank ended, just like that.

The number of people calling her to come give motivational speeches will dwindle dramatically grin

Google that name again and know read more about her profile. You think is just first bank?
Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by Smile4mee01: 6:44am On Apr 30, 2021
Guys the story long.

Adedutan was apparently sacked and not retired like they earlier said. So adedutan took the matter to CBN. What happened was that Otunba otudeko, chairman and owner of Honeywell wanted some uncollatarized additional loan from FBN using shares as collateral which is against the ethics of banking. If you remember well, the baking crisis of Nigeria was once attributed to this. Shares is an investment a volatile asset.

So as you know 9ja now, they use ojoro sack adedutan put thier guy there.

See ehn alot of dirty rackets are happening in banking , not just here in Nigeria but worldwide.

So CBN gave them FBN Query, for honey well to pay within 48hrs its outstanding loan. So all the people who approved the precious loan not following due process are affected.

This life ehn, oga get oga.

My advice : As an employee, dont be loyal to your company o, mind your business. When the chips are down, your compnay no send you.

This same banks get internal audit department ooo, claiming they are monitoring everything. Sacking ppl who floated procedures.

Did anybody see the sharing of cash to victims of a fire market in the North. I thought there was cashless policy. Smh

Still love the bank, not the people.

15 Likes

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by SavageResponse(m): 6:47am On Apr 30, 2021
ikaboy:

Google that name again and know read more about her profile. You think is just first bank?

It's not just First Bank but everyone who is versed in corporate affairs knows that First Bank is the icing on the cake!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by SavageResponse(m): 6:49am On Apr 30, 2021
Focusmind:
Oba Otudeko won't go down without a fight. Regarded as the doyen of the banking sector and a boardroom strategist. He has finally come to his end and I heard that the man is a boardroom bully. I admire him sha.

Which yeye court war? Otudeko should go and repay his loans.

Why should he be using First Bank depositors funds as his personal piggy bank?! angry

10 Likes

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by zoedew: 6:50am On Apr 30, 2021
Awosika fall my hand!

1 Like

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by jaxxy(m): 6:51am On Apr 30, 2021
sisisioge:
So because due process wasnt followed in removing a CEO, the whole directors had to be changed? Well, expect top management changes too o....the die has been cast.

They broke regulatory practices on some major insider loans they had failed to correct even after 4years, the board removed the CEO abit suspiciously CBN asked for responses probably it wasn’t given or satisfactory. The board is at fault on many regulatory issues.

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by Theodolite(m): 6:55am On Apr 30, 2021
Jesuschristus:
Why are they both Yoruba??
What a question!! People like you are Nigeria's problem

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by zoedew: 6:57am On Apr 30, 2021
SavageResponse:

It's not just First Bank but everyone who is versed in corporate affairs knows that First Bank is the icing on the cake!
Bullseye!
Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by babsdeebabs(m): 7:02am On Apr 30, 2021
Everything shouldn't be politicised especially when it comes to strategic decisions such as this. I long predicted this and expected it.
Have you considered and examined the Bank's Capital Adequacy Ratio and NPL in the last 5years?
Yes, I know virtually all Banks in Nigeria have poor CAR and NPL, and CBN is only managing and monitoring the situation, it's not enough ground and excuse to continue to engage in credit and financial recklessness.

My humble summation

FarahAideed:
This is clearly a game of Ego and not of mismanagement like the CBN wants you to believe....very poor handling by the CBN , this is beginning of crisis for FBN

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by zoedew: 7:03am On Apr 30, 2021
Focusmind:

You read that wrongly Sir/Ma! Insider abuse of FBN has been going on for as long as anyone can remember. That is the issue which, if left unattended, could negatively impact the Nigerian banking system considering the strategic role FBN plays in our economy!

5 Likes

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by almasterpiece(m): 7:06am On Apr 30, 2021
tit:
No Niger Delta?
We no get money for FBN
There is Peter Aliogo is from Delta
Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by Daum: 7:08am On Apr 30, 2021
Please can you guys continue
I am learning so much here.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by 0taPiaPia(m): 7:08am On Apr 30, 2021
Zenith bank needs shakeup too. It had become the most useless bank in African and Nigeria by extension. angry
Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by Chirowman(m): 7:09am On Apr 30, 2021
Hope our money is safe , how can someone borrow money and hasn't paid it and still come for another . Is people's money his using to do play .

1 Like

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by CryptoTeacher(m): 7:11am On Apr 30, 2021
Interesting times
Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by zoedew: 7:13am On Apr 30, 2021

1 Like

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by Siscooh: 7:17am On Apr 30, 2021
SavageResponse:
So this is how Ibukun Awosika's career in First Bank ended, just like that.

The number of people calling her to come give motivational speeches will dwindle dramatically grin
Who says?
Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by zoedew: 7:17am On Apr 30, 2021
Realstick941:
I know we hate most of our institutions in this country but i think CBN from the time of soludo till now has been doing a good job in regulating our greedy banks. But we need to stop shielding them from foreign competion

No country does that! Your economy will be controlled by offshore entities and you are had!
Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by slydog(m): 7:19am On Apr 30, 2021
sisisioge:

Simple reinstatement plus warning is not enough deterrent.
In the banking industry, before you are promoted to the rank of Manager, Senior Manager, Assistant General Manager, Deputy General Manager, GM, Deputy Managing Director and MD, your name will be forwarded to the CBN for vetting and approval. How much more the MD of a systemic important bank like FBN.
The former board said it's part of their policy that no MD will stay beyond 10 years, that is true and good corporate governance, but fell fowl of the law by not informing the CBN.

Welding the big stick will further prevent other banks from making this mistake that is just avoidable.

What I see here is Awosika and gang still want to cover up Oba Honeywell. Now honeywell is in big shit, they have to pay up.

6 Likes

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by Shuly03(f): 7:21am On Apr 30, 2021
Jesuschristus:
Do you have a problem with that.
Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by mechanics(m): 7:25am On Apr 30, 2021
Eyah, she thought she will stay longer than she expected, next time she will learn to follow laid down rules and regulations.
Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by monex(m): 7:27am On Apr 30, 2021
Jesuschristus:
Could you please take your focus away from their tribes

1 Like

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by mrsage(m): 7:33am On Apr 30, 2021
Good move by the CBN

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts / How Much Is Engine Oil In Your Area Now? / CBN Makes SMS Alert Mandatory For All Account Holders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.