Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,610 members, 7,770,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:09 PM

Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 (27175 Views)

Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father / Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 / Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by BREYZ: 5:11pm On Apr 30, 2021
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by sageb: 5:55pm On Apr 30, 2021
Ekealterego:

I have Engenni inlaws.. Stop parroting nonsense... Engenni people are more related to Edo people than Ijaw. Their language is like Urhobo.. They are not Ijaws.. No real Engenni man will tell you they are Ijaws.. Their language is not anywhere close to Ijaws.
Engenni people are Ijaws and they are members of Ijaw youth congress,INC,etc. Burnaboy is from mbiama in ahoada and he affirm it in an interview that he is Ijaw.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by PHijo(m): 6:12pm On Apr 30, 2021
Ekealterego:

I have Engenni inlaws.. Stop parroting nonsense... Engenni people are more related to Edo people than Ijaw. Their language is like Urhobo.. They are not Ijaws.. No real Engenni man will tell you they are Ijaws.. Their language is not anywhere close to Ijaws.

You don't have Engenni in laws neither do you know anything about Ijaw people or Urhobo!

Just shut up, Engenni is a sub-group of the Ijaw nation. Even Burnaboy clearly stated it that he is Ijaw, his father is Ijaw.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by emecheboy2(m): 8:03pm On Apr 30, 2021
It's a typo, read and understand
lexy2014:

Sorry I don't get u. What is "read this understand"?
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by lexy2014: 8:38pm On Apr 30, 2021
emecheboy2:
It's a typo, read and understand

Read and understand what?
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Afriifa(m): 8:56pm On Apr 30, 2021
Ekealterego:

What you have said here cannot be rebuffed entirely. I want to say you are somewhat correct. But they still identify with Ijaws because they are Ijaws, however, due to the proximity, I would say, that clan or sub-group (Egenni) of Ijaws were greatly influenced by other brothers (Edo) from Niger Delta. There could ave been historical affliations that were not documented presently.
The bottom line is, they're Ijaws, but were culturally influenced by our Edoid brothers to some extent.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Ekealterego: 10:34pm On Apr 30, 2021
Afriifa:
What you have said here cannot be rebuffed entirely. I want to say you are somewhat correct. But they still identify with Ijaws because they are Ijaws, however, due to the proximity, I would say, that clan or sub-group (Egenni) of Ijaws were greatly influenced by other brothers (Edo) from Niger Delta. There could ave been historical affliations that were not documented presently.
The bottom line is, they're Ijaws, but were culturally influenced by our Edoid brothers to some extent.
Oniso! That is not entirely true.. Mbiama for example, is just by the border with Bayelsa.. I know these people like the back of my hand... Engenni people are a small tiny tribe with not so many communities.... In Ahaoda West, they share with Ekpeye, and in Yenegoa, they share with the closely related Epie.. Everyone knows everyone... Some might identify with Ijaws because there are many intermarriages with Ijaws, but they are also a lot of intermarriage with Igbos and people from Edo state... An average person from Jankrama, Mbiama, for example, speaks impeccable Igbo as a second language, and from my survey, almost none of them speak or even understand Ijaw. Yeah, many from the Riverine side may share that riverine culture, but most are into agriculture. And they refer to Ijaw people as Ijaw people and do not include themselves as being Ijaws... They clearly refer to Ijaw people as a different subset of people.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by PHijo(m): 10:39pm On Apr 30, 2021
Uniportadmision:

Thanks for the correction thought I saw mbaise. However, Umuahia is still an Igbo tribe with its own distinct dialect. Even a toddler would know there's no connection between the Umuahia people and the Fulani they host historically, no resemblance in body features, art, music, culture, language, norms and traditions, gods they worship etc even though they stay in the same land, can you say the same for the so-called original Igbos and the also so-called Igboid southern tribes? They share the same religious beliefs, same market days, same music, art, language, gods, same names etc, we can't just push all this away because of a copied system of rule. Think brother, think!

Most of the Southern ethnic nations don't share anything with you Igbos!

In Southern Nigeria the Igbo are the only ones without monarchs. You are the only ones who believed in reincarnation as a normal process. Since the 60s you have been adopting cultures from across Nigeria instead of retaining your unique Igbo culture. Just like the Fulani man in Umuahia, you have no business in Port Harcourt or Rivers state, you have your state of origin.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Ekealterego: 10:55pm On Apr 30, 2021
sageb:

Engenni people are Ijaws and they are members of Ijaw youth congress,INC,etc. Burnaboy is from mbiama in ahoada and he affirm it in an interview that he is Ijaw.
Guy stop yarning rubbish!! Go to Ogbede village square in Akinima right now and tell them they are Ijaw... You mistake IYC political expansionist move as ethnicity... Go to Jankarama and Akinima, they will be the first one to tell you that they speak an Edolike language and their people migrated from EDo state and still speak an Edo language. Mind you, even historical books from early 1800s rightly showed that they identified as Engenni,, Stop mistaking a political franchise like IYC as an ethnic movement. The cherry on top, all the people from Mbiama, who grew up in Mbiama all speak Igbo language even better than many Igbos but that does not mean they are Igbo, almost none that I met except those with mixed parentage speak or understand a word of Ijaw.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Ekealterego: 11:04pm On Apr 30, 2021
sageb:

Understand that IYC is like Arewa (not everyone in Arewa is Hausa or Fulani as there are many other distinct minorities under the umbrella). It is more of a conglomerate of ethnic groups living in close proximity and Ijaw seem to be the largest or most politically active... Engenni language is not even in any shape or form related to Ijaw... not even in basic words... They are more like Edoid language.. If you go to Mbiama, there are a lot of intermarriages with people from Edo state, they believe (and rightly so) that their ancestors are from Edo state.. To make things even worse, 90% of them speak Igbo as a second language (the older ones 100%) and you can hardly find anyone speaking Ijaw, except one of the parents are actually Ijaw.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Afriifa(m): 6:30am On May 01, 2021
Ekealterego:

Oniso! That is not entirely true.. Mbiama for example, is just by the border with Bayelsa.. I know these people like the back of my hand... Engenni people are a small tiny tribe with not so many communities.... In Ahaoda West, they share with Ekpeye, and in Yenegoa, they share with the closely related Epie.. Everyone knows everyone... Some might identify with Ijaws because there are many intermarriages with Ijaws, but they are also a lot of intermarriage with Igbos and people from Edo state... An average person from Jankrama, Mbiama, for example, speaks impeccable Igbo as a second language, and from my survey, almost none of them speak or even understand Ijaw. Yeah, many from the Riverine side may share that riverine culture, but most are into agriculture. And they refer to Ijaw people as Ijaw people and do not include themselves as being Ijaws... They clearly refer to Ijaw people as a different subset of people.
Good morning and Happy New Month. My best wishes for you and your entire household. Now, back to base. I don't want to argue that. As an Ijaw kid from Delta state, I have had the privilege to withness the presence of my kins in Mbiama to some relative extent. I can never call them non-ijaws, because their case is very similar with the African slaves in America. even if they don't understand one African language or culture. They are still Africans.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Afriifa(m): 6:35am On May 01, 2021
Ekealterego:

Understand that IYC is like Arewa (not everyone in Arewa is Hausa or Fulani as there are many other distinct minorities under the umbrella). It is more of a conglomerate of ethnic groups living in close proximity and Ijaw seem to be the largest or most politically active... Engenni language is not even in any shape or form related to Ijaw... not even in basic words... They are more like Edoid language.. If you go to Mbiama, there are a lot of intermarriages with people from Edo state, they believe (and rightly so) that their ancestors are from Edo state.. To make things even worse, 90% of them speak Igbo as a second language (the older ones 100%) and you can hardly find anyone speaking Ijaw, except one of the parents are actually Ijaw.
I just discovered that you are in for an argument. They don't speak Igbo. They are somewhat Edoid, which is true, in Niger Delta most of us had settled in Edo before moving to our present area. It does not make us Edo. we're inter-related. look at Bonny for instance.. Will they tell you that they are not Ijaws?
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Uniportadmision: 8:23am On May 01, 2021
PHijo:

In Southern Nigeria the Igbo are the only ones without monarchs. You are the only ones who believed in reincarnation as a normal process. Since the 60s you have been adopting cultures from across Nigeria instead of retaining your unique Igbo culture. Just like the Fulani man in Umuahia, you have no business in Port Harcourt or Rivers state, you have your state of origin.

I saw this since yesterday and I have been contemplating if to reply you or not, why?
Because you sound so hateful, bitter, unintelligent, uninformed, dishonest and oblivious of your immediate environment.

Now let me ask you, where exactly are you from? State and tribe? What level of research have you carried out about the southern tribes?
Igbo had no kings? Partly true but we know they had priestly kings or leader which they referred to as Ezenmuo, with actual real kingdoms of which the oldest in Nigeria happen to be the Nri kingdom in Igboland.

Igbo had no king and the rest of the Igboid southern groups had? Don't make me laugh.

Do you know how the name Ikwerre was gotten? When the whites first came to Port Harcourt and wanted to acquire bases who did they meet? Did they meet a king or council of elders? Answer this shamelessly!

They met with the Ndiwe Ali (chiefs) and when the question was asked, do you accept to give us this property? And they said "anyi kwerre" this highlited word was used very often and therefore was used to address this new people by the whites.

Reincarnation, really? What dumber excuse can you give? Give me an example of a tribe in the world that doesn't believe in reincarnation. Believing in reincarnation is a personal thing, not even my parents can tell me to believe in it if I don't fancy such a concept.

Give an Example of a culture the Igbos borrowed or remain foolishly silent!

What do you know about Port Harcourt mugu?
My great grandfather already had buildings in Diobu during his time, most of his friends family then (early settlers) are now referred to as the ikwerre. I love Imo and will forever claim to be Imo.

Who exactly do you think is indigenous to Port Harcourt? What do you know about the complexity of the ikwerre dialect in Rivers state? A Rumuomasi man would easily understand an Igbo man before an Emuoha man who is also ikwerre.

What is your tribe I ask again?
Engage me with facts and not based on your pathetic and hate filled emotions.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by sageb: 9:28am On May 01, 2021
Ekealterego:

Guy stop yarning rubbish!! Go to Ogbede village square in Akinima right now and tell them they are Ijaw... You mistake IYC political expansionist move as ethnicity... Go to Jankarama and Akinima, they will be the first one to tell you that they speak an Edolike language and their people migrated from EDo state and still speak an Edo language. Mind you, even historical books from early 1800s rightly showed that they identified as Engenni,, Stop mistaking a political franchise like IYC as an ethnic movement. The cherry on top, all the people from Mbiama, who grew up in Mbiama all speak Igbo language even better than many Igbos but that does not mean they are Igbo, almost none that I met except those with mixed parentage speak or understand a word of Ijaw.
Engenni is Ijaw until they tell us to exclude them from Ijaw nation till then your claim does not matter.
Go to Mbiama and tell them they are not Ijaws if you don't want to accept the truth.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by kerryharmony: 9:30am On May 01, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Shut it, the mistake you lots make is that u dabble into issues without researching properly because of what you see.

His father ruled all his life as Obi Ezeogba same as his father's before his own fathers and ancestors. All ruled as Obi.

He was the one that changed the title to Oba late nineties or early 2000's.

Always speak with facts, that's why your fellow yorubas beat una silly in argument.

I am an Ogba man. What you just wrote here is rubbish.
The Ogba people of Rivers are descendants of the ancient bini kingdom. The father of the late Oba was not a king it is not hereditary and he didn't change the name of the stool to Oba. It has always been like that. Stop displaying your ignorance on this platform, always say what you know and respect others tradition.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Nobody: 11:04am On May 01, 2021
kerryharmony:

I am an Ogba man. What you just wrote here is rubbish.
The Ogba people of Rivers are descendants of the ancient bini kingdom. The father of the late Oba was not a king it is not hereditary and he didn't change the name of the stool to Oba. It has always been like that. Stop displaying your ignorance on this platform, always say what you know and respect others tradition.

I have left this topic a long time ago. If they want let them be descendants of ancient Ife kingdom or Ancient Benin kingdom....I am done with the thread.

Moreover the reason I replied the young man was to correct the title as for me I don't have time or give a damn of where you are or where you arrive from.

So carry your ogba and shove it down your pocket.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by PHijo(m): 2:43pm On May 01, 2021
Uniportadmision:

I saw this since yesterday and I have been contemplating if to reply you or not, why?
Because you sound so hateful, bitter, unintelligent, uninformed, dishonest and oblivious of your immediate environment.

Now let me ask you, where exactly are you from? State and tribe? What level of research have you carried out about the southern tribes?
Igbo had no kings? Partly true but we know they had priestly kings or leader which they referred to as Ezenmuo, with actual real kingdoms of which the oldest in Nigeria happen to be the Nri kingdom in Igboland.

Igbo had no king and the rest of the Igboid southern groups had? Don't make me laugh.

Do you know how the name Ikwerre was gotten? When the whites first came to Port Harcourt and wanted to acquire bases who did they meet? Did they meet a king or council of elders? Answer this shamelessly!

They met with the Ndiwe Ali (chiefs) and when the question was asked, do you accept to give us this property? And they said "anyi kwerre" this highlited word was used very often and therefore was used to address this new people by the whites.

Reincarnation, really? What dumber excuse can you give? Give me an example of a tribe in the world that doesn't believe in reincarnation. Believing in reincarnation is a personal thing, not even my parents can tell me to believe in it if I don't fancy such a concept.

My great grandfather already had buildings in Diobu during his time, most of his friends family then (early settlers) are now referred to as the ikwerre. I love Imo and will forever claim to be Imo.

Who exactly do you think is indigenous to Port Harcourt? What do you know about the complexity of the ikwerre dialect in Rivers state? A Rumuomasi man would easily understand an Igbo man before an Emuoha man who is also ikwerre.

You just confirmed what I have been saying on this platform. Igbo incursion caused by people like you is responsible for a lot social crisis across the country.

There is no way a Rumumasi person would understand an Igbo and not understand another Ikwerre if they are of the same origin. This brings us back to what Ikwerre people have been saying, they are of Benin descent. People like you, your family and friends keep distorting the Ikwerre narrative by identifying as Ikwerre within Port Harcourt-Obio/Akpor metropolis area. Obviously, as native Igbo speakers you end up presenting the real natives of Port Harcourt ( be they Ijaw or Ikwerre). As outliers.

The communities that made up Port Harcourt had existed before the 1913 agreement between British trading representatives and Chief Oju Daniel Kalio.
The term Ikwerre has nothing to do with the agreement of 1913, until 1931 the term Ikwerre wasn't even used to refer to a particular group of people.

If you were observant you should have known what ethnicity and which state.

The indigenous people of Rivers state are tired of your Igbo expansionist antics.

Nri was never a kingdom, it was a theocratic ideology that prevalent in much of Igboland. The Nri priest was to the Igbos what the Pope is to Catholics today.

The Igbo culture was close to that of some ethnic groups in central and southern Africa, instead of maintaining it, you keep on taking Ijaw, Ibibio, Benin, Yoruba and Kanuri dressing. If you challenge me I mention what you stole and from which ethnic group. If you push me too much I might as well add the timeline.

There were no early settlers in Diobu, there were villages, many of whom you Igbos drove out of their homeland during the eastern region's reign of terror.

It is not a private thing! That's why you have names like Nnenna. Religion in Igboland was not a personal thing. People didn't have a choice .
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Queenjay002(f): 4:29am On May 02, 2021
Kfed4ril:

Nobody wants them to be Igbo, believe me, but where the problem lies is them bearing Igbo names, have you ever seen an Igbo man claiming that itsekiris are Igbo? No why because they don’t bear Igbo names. So stop bearing Igbo names and stop confusing the confused afonjas
the same reason an urhobo man and an Isoko man bears same name or names with almost same pronunciation with the same meaning. But are still different tribes.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Queenjay002(f): 4:36am On May 02, 2021
Uniportadmision:

Thanks for the correction thought I saw mbaise. However, Umuahia is still an Igbo tribe with its own distinct dialect. Even a toddler would know there's no connection between the Umuahia people and the Fulani they host historically, no resemblance in body features, art, music, culture, language, norms and traditions, gods they worship etc even though they stay in the same land, can you say the same for the so-called original Igbos and the also so-called Igboid southern tribes? They share the same religious beliefs, same market days, same music, art, language, gods, same names etc, we can't just push all this away because of a copied system of rule. Think brother, think!
They may have all these in common but they definitely do not speak the same language. Same way the urhobos and the Isokos do not speak same language but their names sound alike or they most times bear same names and call their God same names doesn’t make them the same tribe.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Queenjay002(f): 4:39am On May 02, 2021
topboss:
THE NEXT KING SHOULD REPLACE THE OBA TITLE WITH OBI.

ELSE, DEY ARE SOME DAY LIABLE TO BE DETHRONED AND BARNISHED AS FOREIGN OCCUPIERS.
by who?
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Queenjay002(f): 4:44am On May 02, 2021
PHijo:

You just confirmed what I have been saying on this platform. Igbo incursion caused by people like you is responsible for a lot social crisis across the country.

There is no way a Rumumasi person would understand an Igbo and not understand another Ikwerre if they are of the same origin. This brings us back to what Ikwerre people have been saying, they are of Benin descent. People like you, your family and friends keep distorting the Ikwerre narrative by identifying as Ikwerre within Port Harcourt-Obio/Akpor metropolis area. Obviously, as native Igbo speakers you end up presenting the real natives of Port Harcourt ( be they Ijaw or Ikwerre). As outliers.

The communities that made up Port Harcourt had existed before the 1913 agreement between British trading representatives and Chief Oju Daniel Kalio.
The term Ikwerre has nothing to do with the agreement of 1913, until 1931 the term Ikwerre wasn't even used to refer to a particular group of people.

The indigenous people of Rivers state are tired of your Igbo expansionist antics.

Nri was never a kingdom, it was a theocratic ideology that prevalent in much of Igboland. The Nri priest was to the Igbos what the Pope is to Catholics today.

The Igbo culture was close to that of some ethnic groups in central and southern Africa, instead of maintaining it, you keep on taking Ijaw, Ibibio, Benin, Yoruba and Kanuri dressing. If you challenge me I mention what you stole and from which ethnic group. If you push me too much I might as well add the timeline.

There were no early settlers in Diobu, there were villages, many of whom you Igbos drove out of their homeland during the eastern region's reign of terror.

It is not a private thing! That's why you have names like Nnenna. Religion in Igboland was not a personal thing. People didn't have a choice .
God bless you!!!!! I’m actually part Rivers and part Deltan. Urhobo and ogba to be precise. I remembering asking my grandfather years ago while they bear same names or why do their names sound alike and this here was exactly what he (my grandfather) told me.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Uniportadmision: 8:05am On May 02, 2021
PHijo:

Where exactly are you from? You haven't answered my question.

There is nothing like Igbo incursion in Port Harcourt my friend, you claim this people came from Benin, so safe to say they migrated to Rivers state too? If they spoke Benin when they first landed in Rivers state, so how did they start speaking and answering Igboid names? The only logical explanation then is because they might have met the original indigenous tribes who might have corrupted their tongue. This is if we're to consider the Benin migration crap.

With this, I believe your Benin descendants are the expansionist.

There's no way a Rumuomasi man will not hear an Emuoha man before....... Therefore, they are Benin descendants... Lol what did I just read? Does this make any sense?

Where have you ever seen me claiming Ikwerre? I can claim Port Harcourt and there's nothing anyone can do about it, after all, you came from Benin while I came from Imo and we all landed in the same Port Harcourt

Oya show us what the Igbos copied from these nations you just wrote out. Boy you sound so bitter and hateful, why?

Like I've been asking you, when the whites came why was the indigenous Igboid cities not practicing Monarchical system of government? Why were dey negotiating with chiefs?
I'm asking sensible and genuine questions and you're writing dates with no actual contribution to the discussion at hand.

OH thank you for making this easy for me, Nri priest was to Igbos what the pope was to Christians? Exactly bro... But you forgot something, the pope was the King, Bishop, president of a certain country... Rome which controlled much of Europe, he had soldiers under his command throughout Europe (the Crusaders) as a priestly king. This now has been shrink to just the Vatican city which is a country of its own and for Catholic brethren alone.

So whoever calls his daughter Nnenna believes in reincarnation?
And what exactly is wrong in reincarnation? My God, I might not reply you again because you seem to lack reason! You're too irrational and emotional for my liking. It's good to engage in knowledgeable and educational arguments but you're not giving me anything in return, rather you're taking and exhausting my thought resources.
Are you are Christian? Do you know Jews and Christians believe so much in reincarnation more than your average Igbo man?
Don't you read in your Bible that Jesus Christ is the Reincarnation of the high and holy priest Melchizedek?

Never you try to distort the Igbo ways and traditions, if you lack the knowledge, go and carry out researches. It's always been known by the whole world and even the early white slave traders that the Igbo man cherishes freedom above all things, this is why they revolt whenever they feel shortchanged or degraded, they fight with their lives. The Igbo society right from time was highly DEMOCRATIC and REPUBLICAN, you can find this traits even till today, this is why they didn't believe in giving just one man or family total power, hence not practicing the monarchical system until recently when the British made it necessary for easier ruling of the people. Several foreigners have written about the early Igbos they met and there love for respect and freedom... You don't need to be reminded of the Igbo landing story, it's popular on its unique story.
I'm writing this down because future generations will read this, stop your hate filled judgment against the Igbos not like we care but for the sake of your sanity, Truth, and Educational history for the future generations who would see this.

Igbos always had a choice, has a choice and always will have choices!

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Uniportadmision: 8:31am On May 02, 2021
Queenjay002:
They may have all these in common but they definitely do not speak the same language. Same way the urhobos and the Isokos do not speak same language but their names sound alike or they most times bear same names and call their God same names doesn’t make them the same tribe.

With all due respect to the Isokos and Urhobos, I think these are small tribes that came out of a larger group. They share things in common because they actually came from the same ancestors if you go back in time and that ancestor is part of a larger indigenous Nigerian trbe, we know for sure it can't be same as the Igbos, Igalas, Hausa or something very unfamiliar like the aforementioned tribes, could be Ijaw, Yoruba, Benin? I don't know, but Language structure, name and traditions points towards those zones.

There's something called language and also another called dialect. There can be several dialects in a language just like there can be various norms and traditions by certain clans in a community, different peoples and culture, but do we say they're not related because of little variations in dialect and laws? Come on!

We do not wish to claim anybody or attach by force like nairalanders would say lol, heck we're one of the largest tribes in Africa just going by the 5 states alone... My Imo get oil and tourism, agriculture, brains and intellectuals, one of the highest number of professors (if not even the highest), business men etc. Anambra? Let's not go there. Do you actually think we're schooling this Igboid tribes because we want something from them? NOPE! someone has got to stop telling lies and distorting history.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Fejoku: 10:52pm On May 03, 2021
Uniportadmision:

There is nothing like Igbo incursion in Port Harcourt my friend, you claim this people came from Benin, so safe to say they migrated to Rivers state too? If they spoke Benin when they first landed in Rivers state, so how did they start speaking and answering Igboid names? The only logical explanation then is because they might have met the original indigenous tribes who might have corrupted their tongue. This is if we're to consider the Benin migration crap.

There's no way a Rumuomasi man will not hear an Emuoha man before....... Therefore, they are Benin descendants... Lol what did I just read? Does this make any sense?

Where have you ever seen me claiming Ikwerre? I can claim Port Harcourt and there's nothing anyone can do about it, after all, you came from Benin while I came from Imo and we all landed in the same Port Harcourt

Oya show us what the Igbos copied from these nations you just wrote out. Boy you sound so bitter and hateful, why?

Like I've been asking you, when the whites came why was the indigenous Igboid cities not practicing Monarchical system of government? Why were dey negotiating with chiefs?
I'm asking sensible and genuine questions and you're writing dates with no actual contribution to the discussion at hand.

OH thank you for making this easy for me, Nri priest was to Igbos what the pope was to Christians? Exactly bro... But you forgot something, the pope was the King, Bishop, president of a certain country... Rome which controlled much of Europe, he had soldiers under his command throughout Europe (the Crusaders) as a priestly king. This now has been shrink to just the Vatican city which is a country of its own and for Catholic brethren alone.

And what exactly is wrong in reincarnation? My God, I might not reply you again because you seem to lack reason! You're too irrational and emotional for my liking. It's good to engage in knowledgeable and educational arguments but you're not giving me anything in return, rather you're taking and exhausting my thought resources.
Are you are Christian? Do you know Jews and Christians believe so much in reincarnation more than your average Igbo man?
Don't you read in your Bible that Jesus Christ is the Reincarnation of the high and holy priest Melchizedek?

Never you try to distort the Igbo ways and traditions, if you lack the knowledge, go and carry out researches. It's always been known by the whole world and even the early white slave traders that the Igbo man cherishes freedom above all things, this is why they revolt whenever they feel shortchanged or degraded, they fight with their lives. The Igbo society right from time was highly DEMOCRATIC and REPUBLICAN, you can find this traits even till today, this is why they didn't believe in giving just one man or family total power, hence not practicing the monarchical system until recently when the British made it necessary for easier ruling of the people. Several foreigners have written about the early Igbos they met and there love for respect and freedom... You don't need to be reminded of the Igbo landing story, it's popular on its unique story.
I'm writing this down because future generations will read this, stop your hate filled judgment against the Igbos not like we care but for the sake of your sanity, Truth, and Educational history for the future generations who would see this.

You finished that hater. He doesn't know that only him believes his own lies. The records about Igbos are intact and will always secure us victory when the time comes.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Uniportadmision: 7:50am On May 04, 2021
Fejoku:

You finished that hater. He doesn't know that only him believes his own lies. The records about Igbos are intact and will always secure us victory when the time comes.

No mind them. Anyone can claim whatever they want (self determination) that's the beauty of that Igbo bloodline, but have at least a logical backup for your claims and not lying and turning history, common sense and logic upside down just to suite your hate filled narrative.

South Eastern states even have the highest deposit of liquefied gas, bigger than crude and much more greener than crude oil. Wait until we learn how to maximize its use, they would beg to attach by force.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by PHijo(m): 11:12pm On May 05, 2021
Uniportadmision:

Before the British came and started throwing Igbo people across Nigeria, people were indigenous to certain places. If they moved, they moved to their Kith and kin or naturalized.

Until colonialism became a thing there were no Igbo inhabitants of present day Rivers state.

If you as an Igbo should not be treated as an outsider, then the Fulani are even more indigenous to Umuahia and Enugu than you Igbos.

The first mayor of Enugu was a Fulani man. Fulani people have been trading in Umuahia before Nigeria became a colony.

If not that the Igbos were forced out of places like Zungeru, Igbos would have been claiming ownership and calling the indigenous people tenants.

It is unfortunate the Ijaw people didn't act like the Northerners did in the 1940s, 1960s, 1990s. If only Ijaw people had behaved like Awolowo in the 1960s we wouldn't be having this conversation.

As you Igbos like troubling people in their lands. Anything una take eye see make una no complain.

There is a difference between incarnation and reincarnation. Incarnation is when a spirit takes a human body while reincarnation is when a dead person is believed to come back as a baby.

When the Whites came there were no Igboid cities. Even during the war the White people referred to Ojukwu as the person who would finally bring civilisation to Igboland. The colonial government had to beg Enugu indigene to please wear clothes for the independence ceremony. It was common for people to walk naked in Enugu in 1960 so how can such people has cities? People who lacked basic organisational skills.

You just displayed your ignorance on the papacy. You probably confused the papacy with the Holy Roman Empire.

The Pope was never an European monarch. As religious leader he played an important role in the coronation of European monarchs who were Catholics. When King Henry cut off ties with catholic church there was nothing the pope could do.

The Nri were Igala and not Igbo. They were respected in Igboland because the Igala had an organised system in place. They had to move around as mobile judges/courts to settle scores in the Igbo heartland were things were dysfunctional.

1. The Igbos copied the red cap from Kanuri.
2. The cap on the 50 Naira note Igbos copied it from Ijaw priests.
3. The material called Feni the Igbo are copying and trying very hard to rename it Isi agwu, they copied from the Ijaw.
4. You Igbo have copied beads from Urhobo, Ijaw and Bini people.
5. Copied George wrapper from the Ijaw
6. Copied Ogele from Ijaw and renamed it Ogere
7. Copied Bini bridal procession.
8. You Igbo copied monarchy from all over Nigeria. That is why your so called monarchs are confused. Some dress like Yoruba, others like Bini, some are dressing wives like Bini women, etc.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by ChangedMan1999(m): 6:07pm On May 08, 2021
Uniportadmision:

Fantastic reply.

That boy is dump.

He doesn't that before this present age, more than 80% of the world population believe in reincarnation.

The part where he said that Ndigbo borrows culture, shows that he is hateful and stupid the same time.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by IDENNAA(m): 8:39pm On May 11, 2021
PHijo:

If you had respected yourself and didn't try to insult Igbo you would have been a saner person on this platform. Now, look at how hurt and humiliated you sound on every Igbo issue. Like I advised you long ago to pick your fight but you want be stubborn....I have been reading your comments on this forum and at every turn you make it a point of duty to insult Igbo.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by IDENNAA(m): 8:42pm On May 11, 2021
PHijo:

Before the British came and started throwing Igbo people across Nigeria, people were indigenous to certain places. If they moved, they moved to their Kith and kin or naturalized.

Until colonialism became a thing there were no Igbo inhabitants of present day Rivers state.

If you as an Igbo should not be treated as an outsider, then the Fulani are even more indigenous to Umuahia and Enugu than you Igbos.

The first mayor of Enugu was a Fulani man. Fulani people have been trading in Umuahia before Nigeria became a colony.

If not that the Igbos were forced out of places like Zungeru, Igbos would have been claiming ownership and calling the indigenous people tenants.

It is unfortunate the Ijaw people didn't act like the Northerners did in the 1940s, 1960s, 1990s. If only Ijaw people had behaved like Awolowo in the 1960s we wouldn't be having this conversation.

As you Igbos like troubling people in their lands. Anything una take eye see make una no complain.

There is a difference between incarnation and reincarnation. Incarnation is when a spirit takes a human body while reincarnation is when a dead person is believed to come back as a baby.

When the Whites came there were no Igboid cities. Even during the war the White people referred to Ojukwu as the person who would finally bring civilisation to Igboland. The colonial government had to beg Enugu indigene to please wear clothes for the independence ceremony. It was common for people to walk naked in Enugu in 1960 so how can such people has cities? People who lacked basic organisational skills.

You just displayed your ignorance on the papacy. You probably confused the papacy with the Holy Roman Empire.

The Pope was never an European monarch. As religious leader he played an important role in the coronation of European monarchs who were Catholics. When King Henry cut off ties with catholic church there was nothing the pope could do.

The Nri were Igala and not Igbo. They were respected in Igboland because the Igala had an organised system in place. They had to move around as mobile judges/courts to settle scores in the Igbo heartland were things were dysfunctional.

1. The Igbos copied the red cap from Kanuri.
2. The cap on the 50 Naira note Igbos copied it from Ijaw priests.
3. The material called Feni the Igbo are copying and trying very hard to rename it Isi agwu, they copied from the Ijaw.
4. You Igbo have copied beads from Urhobo, Ijaw and Bini people.
5. Copied George wrapper from the Ijaw
6. Copied Ogele from Ijaw and renamed it Ogere
7. Copied Bini bridal procession.
8. You Igbo copied monarchy from all over Nigeria. That is why your so called monarchs are confused. Some dress like Yoruba, others like Bini, some are dressing wives like Bini women, etc.

Lamentations of a demented soul. We also borrowed our language and lands. Take a break from Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by PHijo(m): 10:52pm On May 11, 2021
IDENNAA:

Lamentations of a demented soul. We also borrowed our language and lands. Take a break from Nairaland.

The thing about borrowed things is that one day the owner will take it back. Take a break from an Ijaw wannabe.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by IDENNAA(m): 3:55am On May 12, 2021
PHijo:

The thing about borrowed things is that one day the owner will take it back. Take a break from an Ijaw wannabe.

Why would anybody want to be Ijaw more less me ? I am an Igbo from Anambra....wipe your ocean of tears
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by IDENNAA(m): 3:57am On May 12, 2021
PHijo:

A beggar can't lend money, Taribo.....lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary / Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? / Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.