Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy (13069 Views)

Nigerians Seek Prosperity, Their Governors Seek Poverty - Borie Nla / APC Governors Seek Soft Landing For Obaseki / Security Chiefs To Go As Governors Seek New Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy by Ademola47(m): 10:06am On Apr 30, 2021
A mere theoretical approach for the media....
Re: Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy by Viicfuntop(f): 10:07am On Apr 30, 2021
Worst government in the world
Re: Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy by duni04(m): 10:08am On Apr 30, 2021
Dangotes refinery which opens next year is the key to solving this debacle. After the refinery starts production, all the money from the oil subsidy will be freed up and Nigeria will be awash with dollar earnings from selling oil to other countries. That refinery is a game changer for Nigeria.
Re: Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 30, 2021
dre11:
•Fed Govt ‘not moved’ by oil firms’ letter

•Labour awaits invitation for meeting

https://thenationonlineng.net/nnpc-memo-governors-seek-end-to-petrol-subsidy/

Governors are alarmed because the memo means no money for them to steal this month....shameless crooks.

If they had actually invested in their people as opposed to (inflated) white elephant projects the states would have had IGR and thus no need for handout from Federal Government.

See why political elite of non-crude producing states will continue to oppose resource control and devolution of power. These things are so basic but Nigeria's useless leaders will ever refuse to see, because they are totally evil and selfish creatures.
Re: Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 30, 2021
Simplyleo:

A case in point, majority of students at various levels of education are being sponsored by their parents who are mostly civil servants. Note, this is just one case. I don't have the statistics but this is a clear case.

For your information, I'm not even a civil servant, but that is the best way out.
Where did you get that stats from ...that's absolutely imposible most nigerian students 80% to 95% are sponsored by business men or private workers what are you even saying
Re: Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy by FarahAideed: 10:10am On Apr 30, 2021
Hahahah this is how the NNPC forced them into line
Re: Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:13am On Apr 30, 2021
dre11:

[b]We are already thinking ahead on palliatives [/b]which will mitigate the effect of the withdrawal of subsidy.

common indomie we n see
Re: Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy by sojfarm: 10:13am On Apr 30, 2021
MEGA4BILLION:
Administration of lies by liers and for those who love lies.

How many times will this administration remove subsidy.

Government of liars led by rtd general, viced by pastor cum prof, cabineted by old lying fools
Re: Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy by FarahAideed: 10:13am On Apr 30, 2021
Simplyleo:
Removal of the damn fuel subsidy thing is long overdue. Some unintelligent humans with appropriate connections are enriching themselves with it.

Remove it and add another line of allowance to workers salary to cushion the effect of its removal. The additional allowance may be called any appropriate name.

How many people in Nigeria work for govt ..if they are removing they should remove and not cushion anything for a select group
Re: Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy by Seniorwriter(m): 10:15am On Apr 30, 2021
dre11:

Clueless Incompetent Administration.

Very anyhow leaders

SMH @persons without multiple streams of income.

duni04:
Dangotes refinery which opens next year is the key to solving this debacle. After the refinery starts production, all the money from the oil subsidy will be freed up and Nigeria will be awash with dollar earnings from selling oil to other countries. That refinery is a game changer for Nigeria.
You are so uninformed....That is a monopoly
How will it bring more money for Nigeria been a privately owned refinery? SMH @you.

@Seniorwriter
Re: Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy by omonnakoda: 10:15am On Apr 30, 2021
The landing cost is what it is now largely because of devaluation of the Naira If Naira was still 250 to $1 it would be different.
So as long as we have no refineries and import petrol we have no control over the price of petrol

1 Like

Re: Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:17am On Apr 30, 2021
Walahi, I don't even understand this fuel subsidy stuff.

How many times will it be removed? I thought Buhari categorically stated that there is nothing like fuel subsidy, so what is all these? I wish a journalist will be bold enough to ask him that question...

Or better still, let's ask Osinbajo if there is something called fuel subsidy, if he says yes, then why did his boss say there is nothing like that, if he says no, then who are they giving all these payments of subsidy to... Atleast, that one na pastor, so e no go know how to lie like that

O sun mi o
Re: Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy by CocoaOla: 10:19am On Apr 30, 2021
Dangote well done ooo

We see the manipulation

It will not change anything more money to settle bandit kidnappers and terrorist

Why Nigeria army CBN effcc DSS flex muscle on the common masses

Don't force one Nigeria on our throats
Re: Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy by Realguyman1(m): 10:20am On Apr 30, 2021
Simplyleo:
Removal of the damn fuel subsidy thing is long overdue. Some unintelligent humans with appropriate connections are enriching themselves with it.

Remove it and add another line of allowance to workers salary to cushion the effect of its removal. The additional allowance may be called any appropriate name.
They have increase fuel price with almost � increase from where they meant it. So which subsidy them wan come remove again?
Re: Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy by LXG2(m): 10:22am On Apr 30, 2021
gh
Re: Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy by Trustedpronet: 10:28am On Apr 30, 2021
Simplyleo:

Including Buhari kwo!
Re: Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:33am On Apr 30, 2021
what is these governors saying self? even if they bring the subsidy money and share among you guys, you will not use it to do any meaningful development in your state....instead the money will be re-lotted!

instead of seeking for true federalism, they are busy asking for subsidy money to be scrap and given to them to share....selfish and wicked leaders!
Re: Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy by InaNla(f): 10:35am On Apr 30, 2021
[s]
Simplyleo:

[/s]

Which fuel subsidy are you guys talking about again?

Re: Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy by ofuonyebi: 10:36am On Apr 30, 2021
THIS IS NO LONGER NEWS.....TELL NIGERIANS A BETTER NEWS
YOU ARE ALL DECEIVING YOURSELF
Re: Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy by BanevsJoker(m): 10:37am On Apr 30, 2021
dre11:

HOW MANY TIMES?
Re: Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 30, 2021
They're mad. If not for subsidy that fg is paying fuel would be around #250-#300 in fuel stations right now. I spend #7-8k on fuel weekly, imagine if fuel was being sold for #250 or #300, I'd have to spend over #15k on fuel weekly. I can't afford that.

FG SHOULD CONTINUE PAYING SUBSIDY UNTIL NIGERIA HAS A FUNCTIONAL REFINERY.
Re: Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy by LordOfTheGame: 10:39am On Apr 30, 2021
Late buhari been scamming his zombies even from his shallow grave in Saudi Arabia's desert in the name of subsidy payment.

"What is subsidy"

"Who is subsidising who"

"As far as I'm kwoansan, there's nothing like subsidy. It's a scam"

~~Late buhari

But then, after he got to power, he continued paying the same subsidy and scamming the people.
Re: Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy by duni04(m): 10:41am On Apr 30, 2021
Seniorwriter:

Clueless Incompetent Administration.

Very anyhow leaders

SMH @persons without multiple streams of income.

You are so uninformed....That is a monopoly
How will it bring more money for Nigeria been a privately owned refinery? SMH @you.

@Seniorwriter
I really don't understand you. Its a private refinery yes and they Will sell refined oil to everyone including countries in West Africa. Nigeria isn't the only country in the sub region that imports oil. If a private company in Nigeria sells refined oil to other countries in the sub region, the dollar proceeds come to Nigeria.
Nigeria has existed so long under government patronage that people like you fail to understand the concept of a modern econony where private enrerprise drives growth and development. Not the government.
Re: Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy by proclinician: 10:45am On Apr 30, 2021
Plead:
They're mad. If not for subsidy that fg is paying fuel would be around #250-#300 in fuel stations right now. I spend #7-8k on fuel weekly, imagine if fuel was being sold for #250 or #300, I'd have to spend over #15k on fuel weekly. I can't afford that.

FG SHOULD CONTINUE PAYING SUBSIDY UNTIL NIGERIA HAS A FUNCTIONAL REFINERY.

As simple as that. There is an already bad situation with subsidy in place. Best they can do is to continue paying the subsidy until the refineries are working.

The cost of everything is tied to the fuel pump price. Every single thing because Nigerians rely more on the petrol power generators. As I am typing this now I've not seen electric power for the past 2 days, I use my generator. So is the local barber down the street.

What will now be the fate of everyone in the face of the inflation. The general price level will simply increase by 2 folds or even more.

With the present inflation and with subsidy in place, a 50# onions looks like a tennis ball. When u remove subsidy and poor people have to pay more for fuel this same onions will cost 100#

Shame shame shame

These idiots have no sense of leadership
Re: Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy by Seniorwriter(m): 10:46am On Apr 30, 2021
duni04:

I really don't understand you. Its a private refinery yes and they Will sell refined oil to everyone including countries in West Africa. Nigeria isn't the only country in the sub region that imports oil. If a private company in Nigeria sells refined oil to other countries in the sub region, the dollar proceeds come to Nigeria.
Nigeria has existed so long under government patronage that people like you fail to understand the concept of a modern econony where private enrerprise drives growth and development. Not the government.

Try and re-read what you typed.
How can a monopoly be equated to modern enterprise and how much tax can be gotten from the Dangote refinery so much that it'll help the Nigerian Economy single-handedly in growth & development?
...SMH @you again

Deep Quote
There is no gain in advising or teaching an educated illiterate.

@Seniorwriter
Re: Governors Seek End To Petrol Subsidy by Newboss(m): 10:47am On Apr 30, 2021
Simplyleo:

You CANNOT cushion the effect. Irreversible Inflation will definitely follow subsidy removal. It's inevitable and irreversible. Even if fuel price go back to 100 Naira per litre, the inflation created prices will not respond positively.

Summary: price no dey come down for Nigeria. Either way, Nigerians go feel am

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Storms Bauchi Presidential Rally Venue (Videos) / Labour Party Crisis: Court Refuses To Lift Abure’s Suspension As National Chairm / Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.