Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Clubbing After Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Clubbing After Marriage (10622 Views)

My Encounter With A Mamiwater On 3rd Mainland Bridge After Clubbing / Should Married Women Go Clubbing? / I Am Sick, So My Boyfriend Left Me To Go Clubbing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clubbing After Marriage by stephanay(m): 9:23am On Jul 11, 2007
is it possible for a guy who lived an extravagant life in his single days to change once he gets married?

he clubs and is a social drinker, keeps late nites and has tonnes of friends.

but he says that once he gets married, all that will stop and if he feels a need to club, he'll be there with his wife.

how possible is this?
undecided
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by afolayangs(m): 9:29am On Jul 11, 2007
if is not possible and he's there with his wife then is better than him going their alone.
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by Bolarge(m): 9:30am On Jul 11, 2007
stephanay:

but he says that once he gets married, all that will stop and if he feels a need to club, he'll be there with his wife.
undecided
  . . . . In his dreams.
His wife-to-be would be a co-dreamer if she buys that.
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by iice(f): 4:33pm On Jul 12, 2007
Depends on how much he is willing to sacrifice or if something happens to make him change his mind.
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by debosky(m): 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2007
he needs to slow down even before he gets married, to assume an instantaneous change will occur is naive

it is generally assumed (though not always true) that when a man decides to tie the knot, he has decided to settle down, reduce or stop all his regular 'single bachelor' lifestyle, so he is not expected to do all those things when married.

He should decide to change his mind IMO, not something happening to make him do that. Marriage is a decision to settle down and be with your wife.

although i see no reason why he still can't drink socially on occasion with his friends, the late night thing should be cut out though, unless of course, its in the company of his wife
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 12, 2007
What is wrong in going clubbing with your wife?

People make being married look like being old.

All of a sudden you can't do all those things u used to do to get fun!

1 Like

Re: Clubbing After Marriage by LongOne1(m): 7:33pm On Jul 12, 2007
michelin89:

Yeah thats very true marriage is all about understanding and before u guys tie the knot u should be compatible so if he clubs, why shuldnt he take you along if he still wants to after marriage, after all life is short.
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by CrazyMan(m): 7:48pm On Jul 12, 2007
It's possible for him to change. Because with God all things are possible wink
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by mamaput(f): 8:15pm On Jul 12, 2007
once the first child is on the way then its over with both of them clubbing together.
Most people settle down after marrage .
But there are still some die hard ones that will never settle.
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by simmy(m): 8:36pm On Jul 12, 2007
@ michelin
ok o , encourage ur husband to dey enter club when u get married,
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by wifeypenth(f): 8:48pm On Jul 12, 2007
it doesnt speak of the maturity dat should come after marriage
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by iincarnate: 8:57pm On Jul 12, 2007
which one of u is married?! pls instead of talking trash & airing ur personal opinions, carry out a small & realistic research on married couples & u'll get a reasonable answer to give d lady asking this question! Cheers!
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by wifeypenth(f): 9:00pm On Jul 12, 2007
@ incarnate

na fite! err body just giving personal oppinions
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 12, 2007
iincarnate:

which one of u is married?! please instead of talking trash & airing your personal opinions, carry out a small & realistic research on married couples & u'll get a reasonable answer to give d lady asking this question! Cheers!

even though i'm not married i heartily share your oppinion. Its annoying to find many people air their personal and clearly unrealistic comments and assume we should accept it as normal.

michelin89:

Please by all means let your marriage be young, encourage your husband to go clubbing, stay late nights and get drunk with his friends. When you have kids go clubbing too!
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by mamaput(f): 9:45pm On Jul 12, 2007
There is more to night life than clubbing.
Ypu get to an age were you cannot see your mates any more and it looks stupid.
Going out together is no more that easy at night.
What is left is the woman and the man going out on their own.
But i do not know many Nigerian Men that will let their wire go on their own.
Clubbing is not always about getting drunk.
Some people can have fun without drinking.
For somepeople its alabout building off stress.
marrage is not about jail.
I expect mor freedom in my husbands house than in my fathers house.
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by swing4real(m): 11:31pm On Jul 12, 2007
@stephanay

Sure he can afterall change is the constant thing in life.Nothing is impossible.If he is determine to he will
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by Caradona(f): 11:52pm On Jul 12, 2007
@TOPIC
My Man won't like it if I was a Lap dancer or if His best friend was lapping my behind after we've been married.
so I don't know what you Guys are talking about. tongue
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by omoge(f): 12:49am On Jul 13, 2007
there are clubbing for matured pple/married pple. not those smokey bars where pple go to rub yansh grin

when the time comes, we will see.
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by Nobody: 12:55am On Jul 13, 2007
try Dinosaur barbeque! grin
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by omoge(f): 1:00am On Jul 13, 2007
wetin be that? that na clubbin meal to get high or kini?
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by Nobody: 1:05am On Jul 13, 2007
check it out. Best food in town. Has a mini bar there too. Good place for a couple or family.
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by omoge(f): 1:15am On Jul 13, 2007
have you tried Justin in downtown? mini bar, clubbing, gaming, etc.

will check it out online grin looking for a new place to go with my roommies.
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by Nobody: 1:24am On Jul 13, 2007
nah i'm not a clubber. Make sure you go to dinosaur with a hungry stomach o, the food na die! i'm going there tomorrow evening no shaking! grin

Lest i forget you have to make reservations well in advance if not na outside u go dey till next week! cheesy
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by omoge(f): 1:35am On Jul 13, 2007
oh i thot you are one of those clubbers, well, I'm not one too. i haven't entered a club all my life. that's alright no big deal abi? I hope to just go see what it is like if same as i read cheesy sometime in the future.

will try that dino place out one good day. Have fun o.

did we hijack the thread oops undecided grin
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by kaysie83: 3:19am On Jul 13, 2007
Yeah right, Marriage is the cure to his promiscuity undecided
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:21am On Jul 13, 2007
as long as the clubbing is with his woman, I dont see the problem.
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by QDog(m): 3:59am On Jul 13, 2007
There's nothing at all wrong with clubbing with your wife or significant other. My fiance and I enjoy clubbing together. We do it quite frequently. Reference my other blogs on topic: "Men Like Women With Skimpy Dresses and Tight Trousers But Won't Marry Them" page 4. I love to take my fiance out with me. We have great times. I especially enjoy watching her dance with, flirt with and tease other men. It doesn't bother me in the least because I know she is going home with me or to the hotel room if we're out of town. Guys put their hands all over my fiance and her and I both enjoy it. It has made our sex life much more exciting.
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by Nobody: 4:11am On Jul 13, 2007
@ Q-Dog undecided This ur relationship na only modern day dictionary fit define am.
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by olofinjeje: 4:53am On Jul 13, 2007
Let me not disillusion you-but a guy who exhibits all the traits the Poster stated will find it hard (very hard)to give up an active social life.
Men once married quickly realise that even when they want to go out -it is not with their wives except to weddings ,family functions,other married friend's parties etc.
I definitely encourage you to jump at the opportunity to go clubbing with hubby dearest if an invite comes your way.

But over time-which maybe any time between 5 years and NEVER,the husband may reduce is nocturnal activities usually as a result of seeing younger guys at the clubs-their first born's friends perhaps or natural occurrences of Lagos called ARMED ROBBERS.

Until then don't hold your breathe for an immediate change in the man-all those premarital promises are a case of -THE MIND IS WILLING BUT THE BODY IS WEAK.

My husband and I clubbed,movied,partied etc before marriage and after well, Lets just say that, after 14 years he now goes to bars(grownup name for clubs) once every 6-8 weeks.(Nothing to do with a balding head and a stomach that situps is refusing to reduce!)
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by Lekker9ja: 6:19am On Jul 13, 2007
lol.
why not eh? grin
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by outlaws(m): 7:18am On Jul 13, 2007
cool

People can change, but those that party a lot. The only thing that can keep them home is sickness or jail if they are arrested for some illegal shit. If you really want an answer to this question, look at Nas [weak rapper], Sean John a.k.a. P. Diddy [bad boy sucker], I lost count how many ladies they have messed with. The thing is what ever you do, it will come back to hunt you. Now, they both live bleeped up lives. The media is always exaggerating negativity. Each one of them have been married and divorced. Why? Because they kept up with the bleeped up lives they were living before marriage. I don’t feel sorry for the ladies involved because they should have known.

Same goes with the ladies that party all the time, giving their number to every brother they met, touching and flirting with strangers. It’s sad. Can they too change, it’s possible but not likely.

If it looks like a bird, flies like a bird, its likely is a bird.
Re: Clubbing After Marriage by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 13, 2007
@ David

If you want to come with us, you are welcomed. I have some sweet white chicks for you too.! grin

On a more serious note: there is no big deal in clubbing. When I go to a club I go there to dance so what's the problem with dancing with "my" hubby?

A girl gets married at 23-25 and she starts living like a 50 year old woman (ewhhhh)
A guy gets married at 25-27 and he starts living like a 50 year old man (double ewhhhhh)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Help See What A Female Friend Sent To Me Just Now / Girls What Size Of Dick Do You Like?????? / Beautiful Pictures Of Indigenous Brazilian Women(lovely Photos 18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.