|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,711,570 members, 6,404,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 July 2021 at 07:48 PM
|Choosing The Right Sound System - Home Theatre Vs Hi-fi System by MarketLeader(m): 3:18pm On Apr 30|
In this article, we will look at the difference between a home theater system and HI-FI systems, I have taken the liberty of writing about home theater and h-fi systems in depth.
HIFI systems and home theaters
It is going to come down to whether you prefer music or movies and what type of system is best suited to your needs.
• A home theater system makes use of subwoofers and speakers to make your home feel like a movie theater, packed with surround sound, A hi-fi system is more concerned with reproducing sound as accurately as possible.
• Hi-fi systems recreate audio the way that you would hear them in a studio capturing all the different instruments and vocals accurately. A home theater needs a receiver to adjust and tweak the effect of the surround sound. On the other hand, a hi-fi system will be powered by a powerful amplifier.
• Hi-fi systems are simple to set up. A simple speaker system or a multi-channel stereo system will suffice. Hi-fi systems generally do a good job of covering all the frequency ranges well, Home theater systems range from the 5.1 channel and above. As discussed in this article, the 5.1 channel speakers are 5 speakers and a subwoofer. The many speakers of the system are designed to create sound from all around you, but most important to track the sound from the direction that it is coming from. Therefore if someone is coming from behind in a movie, you will hear the sound from behind.
What you should go for and why
• If your primary focus is to enjoy movies to their fullest effect, then your focus should be on acquiring the right home theater system. A good home theater system will have a full range of speakers, which include a subwoofer, center, front left, front right, and rear speakers. Low-frequency rumbles will be routed to the sub, dialogue to the center speaker, musical soundtracks to the front right and left channel speakers, and background effects to the rear speakers. This type of surround sound setup helps immerse the listener into the content they are watching. A hi-fi system typically cannot create this same feeling, unless you have loudspeakers arranged all around the room in a similar fashion. Generally, in a home theater system, you will either have a television or a projector and a screen. It is rare for people to install both, but I have seen it done before, and it can be highly practical.
• The most important components of a hi-fi system are the stereo speakers. Hi-fi speakers are designed to handle all of the possible frequency ranges of music. With a hi-fi system, your primary focus is on receiving a near-perfect reproduction of an audio recording. Hi-fi systems mainly just require a 2.0 arrangement in the form of two loudspeakers on opposite sides of each other. Hi-fi systems are basically good for parties and events, a perfect tool for a DJ and music producer.
To get yourself an Home Theatre or an Hi-Fi System you can visit any one of our showrooms in Ibadan or request for a delivery to your location. Please call/message 08116098479 through whatsapp
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41