Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,553 members, 7,809,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Avoid NNPC Mega Scam Stations! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Avoid NNPC Mega Scam Stations! (1739 Views)

CNG Price Fall To N200/scm, Markerters Unveil More Stations In Lagos / Police Stations Decongestion: Lagos Police Command Warns Car/Exhibit Owners / 8 Safety Tips To Help You Around Filling Stations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avoid NNPC Mega Scam Stations! by shortgun(m): 7:52pm On Apr 30, 2021
I have always had my doubts about NNPC petrol stations cos I always notice that I will always have to buy more fuel whenever I visit thier stations.
Under dispensing and fradulent practices is common.
This experience made me to draw a fina conclusion.

I refueled a vehicle of 72 liters total tank capacity recently in their station, my fuel tank gauge was showing half tank and requested they fill it up.
I ended up paying for 46 liters instead of 36 or at most 38....they stole about 9 liters from me.

I never allow any vehicle I drive to go below half tank before I refill...when I got to half tank on another day, I took the same vehicle to another station and 37 liters was enough to fill it up.

We all know how corrupt NNPC is and how they are both referee and player in the down stream oil sector.
Nobody supervises or monitors their activities other than themselves, they account to no one.
Most people will not suspect any fowl play, since they will think it's a government owned petrol station but it's this trust that people have on them that they abuse and scam people of their hard earned money in this hash economy.

DPR is a subsidiary of NNPC and it will be almost impossible for DPR to sanction any NNPC petrol station since they are one and the same entity.
Observe closely, you will notice that the taxi cab and Uber drivers don't patronise NNPC mega "scam" stations unless during fuel scarcity.

Don't let anyone steal from you with your eyes open .
Avoid NNPC Mega Scam stations today.

4 Likes

Re: Avoid NNPC Mega Scam Stations! by BabbanBura(m): 8:26pm On Apr 30, 2021
shortgun:
I have always had my doubts about NNPC petrol stations cos I always notice that I will always have to buy more fuel whenever I visit thier stations.
Under dispensing and fradulent practices is common.
This experience made me to draw a fina conclusion.

I refueled a vehicle of 72 liters total tank capacity recently in their station, my fuel tank gauge was showing half tank and requested they fill it up.
I ended up paying for 46 liters instead of 36 or at most 38....they stole about 9 liters from me.

I never allow any vehicle I drive to go below half tank before I refill...when I got to half tank on another day, I took the same vehicle to another station and 37 liters was enough to fill it up.

We all know how corrupt NNPC is and how they are both referee and player in the down stream oil sector.
Nobody supervises or monitors their activities other than themselves, they account to no one.
Most people will not suspect any fowl play, since they will think it's a government owned petrol station but it's this trust that people have on them that they abuse and scam people of their hard earned money in this hash economy.

DPR is a subsidiary of NNPC and it will be almost impossible for DPR to sanction any NNPC petrol station since they are one and the same entity.
Observe closely, you will notice that the taxi cab and Uber drivers don't patronise NNPC mega "scam" stations unless during fuel scarcity.

Don't let anyone steal from you with your eyes open .
Avoid NNPC Mega Scam stations today.

Is this a news?
Re: Avoid NNPC Mega Scam Stations! by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:02pm On Apr 30, 2021
I've also had bad experiences with NNPC, I always avoid them now.
Re: Avoid NNPC Mega Scam Stations! by shortgun(m): 10:28pm On Apr 30, 2021
BabbanBura:

Is this a news?
It is News to me cos the experience is strange and unacceptable to me
Re: Avoid NNPC Mega Scam Stations! by seanfer(m): 10:40pm On Apr 30, 2021
That’s their modus operandi. You will spend more buying fuel from them.
Re: Avoid NNPC Mega Scam Stations! by Elsueno: 11:01pm On Apr 30, 2021
All NNPC franchise stations are scam, that's why the whole thing was & still is a catastrophic failure.
Re: Avoid NNPC Mega Scam Stations! by BabbanBura(m): 2:38am On May 01, 2021
shortgun:

It is News to me cos the experience is strange and unacceptable to me

This is a common occurrence in most petrol stations in Nigeria - infact this is one of the main 'profit' drivers for either the greedy Station owners, managers or both. In all this, DPR sells you out once they received their own settlement!!!
Re: Avoid NNPC Mega Scam Stations! by Aaaaarghmed(m): 9:21am On May 01, 2021
I have experienced something similar,
Re: Avoid NNPC Mega Scam Stations! by homeboy205: 10:27am On May 01, 2021
I haven’t liked them from start,

I follow public transport...

Wherever I see them buying from is where I buy my fuel
Re: Avoid NNPC Mega Scam Stations! by xperiencelove(m): 10:43am On May 01, 2021
I have noticed this since 2018. NNPC there different stations I have visited are scams.
That was how I drove a golf 4 of 60liter tank into one Oando filling station along Mokola-Sango road in Ibadan in 2017; I told them to stop filling the tank after 72liters has been sold and yet to be full.
Re: Avoid NNPC Mega Scam Stations! by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:24pm On May 01, 2021
homeboy205:
I haven’t liked them from start,

I follow public transport...

Wherever I see them buying from is where I buy my fuel
you really sabi the scope,that's what I do.i mostly use Danco filling station in my vicinity
Re: Avoid NNPC Mega Scam Stations! by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 01, 2021
xperiencelove:
I have noticed this since 2018. NNPC there different stations I have visited are scams.
That was how I drove a golf 4 of 60liter tank into one Oando filling station along Mokola-Sango road in Ibadan in 2017; I told them to stop filling the tank after 72liters has been sold and yet to be full.

Re: Avoid NNPC Mega Scam Stations! by shortgun(m): 10:31am On May 02, 2021
xperiencelove:

You can see the level of scam.

Maybe you would've ended up buying 80liters for a car with 60 liters tank....this is unacceptable.
Re: Avoid NNPC Mega Scam Stations! by zabimaru: 3:55pm On May 03, 2021
I fell prey to this scam yesterday. funny thing is, just before I was served, a guy bought fuel in a 20l gallon, bought more than 24ltrs and the gallon was nowhere close to getting full. I should have just moved on but the uncertainty of the next place just made me spend money buying air instead of fuel

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

P1890, Shift Control System On Honda City / Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse Is Not D Most Expensive Car In The World / Why Is It A Bad Habit To Brake With One's Left Foot?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.