Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,315 members, 7,780,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:30 PM

The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi (77256 Views)

We Caught This Monitor Lizard And I Am Presently Keeping It As A Pet / Man Spotted Carrying His Big Pet Monitor Lizard Like A Baby In Lagos (pic/video) / See This Little Tortoise I Saw At Our Backyard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by nuruajao: 8:48pm On May 01, 2021
tolexy007:
e dey sweet baje
Betterlicious pepper soup
Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by Hardgun: 8:48pm On May 01, 2021
lexy2014:

Really? That means u have seen tiger and elephant in Lagos?
Yes in human form

1 Like

Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by DESAMSAMO: 8:50pm On May 01, 2021
we have killed this thing several times in our farm na... the meat sweet when u use am for pepper soup
Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by lexy2014: 8:54pm On May 01, 2021
Hardgun:

Yes in human form

What of in animal form?

1 Like

Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by adecz: 8:54pm On May 01, 2021
Saw same thing somewhere around
Abuja satellite towns.

Hausa medicine men use it to attract
attention to sell their native medicines .

Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by NwaIgboBoy(m): 8:58pm On May 01, 2021
AllenSpencer:
See as the thing resemble Ned Nwoko

I will tell him what u said, and trust me he will snatch your gf from u soon. hope ur girl is fair and virgin?cuz Ned loves them that way.
Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by mrkings84(m): 8:58pm On May 01, 2021
Ebuka78:
It could suck out the guy's brain with its tongue.

Very risky....

Even if that happens the boy won't die, or will he??
Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by Sirmuel1(m): 8:59pm On May 01, 2021
lexy2014:

Na tiger and elephant I ask u. No be tiger and cheetah. Oga, where hausa boys won see tiger carry come from? U no wetin u de talk so?

Lol them bring am from Chad...

Cheetah, Tiger and even Hyena. Unless I don't know what I saw

1 Like

Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by Chucks1989(m): 9:00pm On May 01, 2021
Futurecrypto2:
Some people get mind o,I no fit touch this thing not to talk of carrying it
If you want to start earning online by performing some tasks check my signature. It is 100% legit and registration is FREE, all you have to do is roll every hour to earn.my friend made 8k from this after two weeks. Join the train now
Your friend made 8k....How much did you make?

1 Like

Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by mrkings84(m): 9:01pm On May 01, 2021
Akasammyoka:
wait oh op, are you the one holding the animal like that, tell me l want to check something.

Small write up as this u can't read B4 commenting......lazy youth!!
Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by Ellasure: 9:09pm On May 01, 2021
If this animal is cuddling the owner in the pictures and all think of it is your pepper soup, you have problems understanding the usefulness of the various animals to the environment and the community.

This monitor lizard is tamed and welcome humans. It should be trained to breed other trainable monitor lizard that can be environment friendly and then released to the wild.

Some how much later we shall be killing some at regular intervals to control their populations as they practice in Florida USA.
Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by swtdrms(m): 9:11pm On May 01, 2021
Kaymax2222:
and you believe this too..... grin grin

We all believed it... Childhood fallacy were just too much
Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by airsaylongcome: 9:13pm On May 01, 2021
Ebuka78:

There is the difference between us. You watch NATg, while I see it life somedays.

There is no need arguing with you because you have just told me your source.

You really want to say that a West African Nile monitor lizard has a tongue strong enough to penetrate a human skull? Like really? Do you know how thick a human skull is? I grew up with these things cross crossing my village and not once did we hear that it killed a human. Rather it was humans that (Accidentally or otherwise) killed them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by cybriz82(m): 9:16pm On May 01, 2021
Ebuka78:

Very risky....

Lol grin suck out jazz man brain with is tongue I hear.. that's pet and na medicine them dey sell.
Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:16pm On May 01, 2021
Hardgun:
Nothing u no go see for lagos
Dat guy must b an immigrant
Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 9:16pm On May 01, 2021
Ebuka78:

I am into construction. I see many of them in the bush. Their tongue can stretch up to 7.9 inch or 20 cm (for the smallest) when annoyed or threatened by their prey.

We haven't even talked about the medium sized ones. If you like don't learn.

Google is your friend.

I AM SHOCKED THAT IN THESE MODERN TIMES, PEOPLE STILL REASON IN SUCH BABARIC WAYS.

1 Like

Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by lexy2014: 9:21pm On May 01, 2021
Sirmuel1:

Lol them bring am from Chad...

Cheetah, Tiger and even Hyena. Unless I don't know what I saw

Obviously, u don't no what u saw. Tigers are indigenous to Asia alone& some parts of Russia specifically in Siberia. They are also considered endangered species so u can't just catch them& move them around. Apart from that, tigers are apex predators. Meaning, u might end up being dinner for a tiger before u catch it. So how hausa boys take see money import tiger from Asia to Nigeria?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by santakris(m): 9:23pm On May 01, 2021
Ebuka78:

Very risky....

Evidence of watching horror movies grin grin
Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by ikorodureporta: 9:28pm On May 01, 2021
grin
Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by victorogundepo0(m): 9:33pm On May 01, 2021
Ebuka78:

Very risky....

And you believe this ?.. cheesy

Shock absorber grin
Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by fredrickmyers(m): 9:37pm On May 01, 2021
Kaymax2222:
and you believe this too..... grin grin
I tire oooo... U believe ds poo... Smh
Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by Zontrident: 9:44pm On May 01, 2021
This animal meat de make person sleep walk
Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by saintruky(m): 10:00pm On May 01, 2021
This lizard full my village... Na be d deity there... They enter houses freely n u don't hurt nor kill anyone, u simply use a stick of broom to send it out of ur house... Except u wan enter community wahala...
N dem big ehn...
Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by Munzy14(m): 10:01pm On May 01, 2021
Hardgun:
Nothing u no go see for lagos
E deh lagos
Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by yommen: 10:01pm On May 01, 2021
jetwonder:
grin O Boy See Meat! U Dey Waste Ur Talent. Kukuma Kill That Meat And Send My Share O, Now! Now!!

Glutton!
Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by ThuGGeR147: 10:02pm On May 01, 2021
This is the most friendly lizard's so far, google it... grin
Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by abatically(m): 10:05pm On May 01, 2021
Ebuka78:

I am into construction. I see many of them in the bush. Their tongue can stretch up to 7.9 inch or 20 cm (for the smallest) when annoyed or threatened by their prey.

Google is your friend.

Bros, isn't it obvious that this guy has already tamed this lizard and its more or less like a pet to him. Is this the first time ur seeing snake charmers and people that have tamed different wild animals for exhibition.

1 Like

Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by vicfajeze: 10:15pm On May 01, 2021
jetwonder:
grin O Boy See Meat! U Dey Waste Ur Talent. Kukuma Kill That Meat And Send My Share O, Now! Now!!
na Buhari d bobo carry for body like dis

2 Likes

Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by grandstar(m): 10:17pm On May 01, 2021
Ebuka78:

Google is your friend.

The komodo lizard's tongue is said to be somewhat poisonous. Check flesh it has touched and you'd notice some difference
Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by redsun(m): 10:22pm On May 01, 2021
The lizard must have leant to survive in a hard way in a structureless world that is unlike anything in nature. I bet it's enjoying the chaos and has adjusted fast as an intelligent creature.
Re: The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi by RichAbujaGuy: 10:24pm On May 01, 2021
someone above said google is your friend. i guess eating bush meat beats having an empty stomach. grin

RECIPE: PEPPER SOUP BUSH MEAT - MONITORING LIZARD

https://mylocaladventuresblog..com/2019/06/recipe-pepper-soup-bush-meat-monitoring.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) / Diary Of My Rabbit : Ghost / I Paid N1000 To Save A Bird's Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.