Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? (36322 Views)

Can The Average Nigerian Really Relocate Abroad? / Claims That Nigerian Died In Iran Plane Crash Are False - Fact Check / Nigerian Man Meets 'Tallest' & 'Shortest' Men In Dubai (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by Abeebayo0106(m): 7:52am On May 03, 2021
I'm an orthopaedic technician and I have send c.v time without number and never get reply from any of their hospitals. How can I get this job in Dubai or do I have to come in to Dubai before I can get this kind of job
Dubaiguy:
Whenever I post videos and threads here, sometimes I do notice some people's negative comments on my threads; all pointing to one thing; they don't believe my posts.

First, I want you to know I am a Nigerian living fine in Dubai (legitimately)

Second, all my videos are based on factual information. My sources are from my experience and realities of Nigerians over here too.

Lastly, if you love and adore Nigeria, great! My videos are for people hoping to come to Dubai, UAE or any other Arab countries for greener pastures.

Now that aside, do Nigerians really make it in Dubai and UAE as a whole... Yes (although, as expected, not everybody)

How do they do it and how can you grow yourself in Dubai even as a Nigerian? It is mainly by working hard and working smart.

1) To work smart, don't depend on menial or 1000 dirhams jobs like construction, cleaning, car wash etc. Yes, these jobs can sustain you but if you want to be able to save and spend better, you will need to aim higher.

It is rare to find nationalities like Phillipines doing these menial jobs because they are very resilient when it comes to working at their dream positions.

You may say they employ based on nationality, but what are you bringing to the table? You speak English better, that's not the only thing needed. How about

2) Experience; I keep saying it experience is golden over here. Companies want you to say you have experience in your field; thats the first thing they wanna hear before seeing your certificate.

3) Get a certification course; This is for folks who don't have certificates in the professional line like Law, Medicine, Engineering etc or looking for a more flexible career. There are many job courses you can do at Dubai that their pay are more than menial jobs. They include;

Barista, Safety, Caregiver, Life Guard, Graphics Design CNA, and I.T. all affordable and lucrative courses. You can even study one of these courses before coming to Dubai.

Although I explained them all with their full prices and potential returns in my video, I will explain two here.

CNA- this course is for people looking to be assistant nurses, it takes about 3-4 months and the pay is around 3000(#300,000+) or more dirhams per month

Barista - Coffee business is so lucrative in Dubai. This course teaches you how to brew coffee. Lessons can take a week or two weeks max. pay ranges from 1500 -2000 dirhams.

Yes, it is not a crime to start small. I started as a car washer too when I got to Dubai I 2015, I washed more than 150 cars in a week but I didn't stop there, I went for certifications and now I thank God today.

Trust me, Nigerians are making it through these jobs, you can do them to grow too. Thanks.

Source

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iugZ2APjEpo
Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by Abeebayo0106(m): 7:53am On May 03, 2021
Abeebayo0106:
I'm an orthopaedic technician and I have send c.v time without number and never get reply from any of their hospitals. How can I get this job in Dubai or do I have to come in to Dubai before I can get this kind of job
Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by chronique(m): 7:55am On May 03, 2021
3000 dirhams is about 300k in your post. I'm not sure that translates to living well except maybe your post is for people with no source of livelihood at all. That money can't sustain a lot of people here in naija monthly.

Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by shegzy1988(m): 7:58am On May 03, 2021
sure Nigerian can make it any where

but as for business matters I do window blinds am@ile ife osun state wooden blinds 12000 per square metre day and night 8000 aluminum 6000 watzap:0.8.1.4.5.3.1.2.8.0.6.
Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by UNKNOWNGUNMEN: 8:04am On May 03, 2021
i stoped watching when he startd sounding extra religious. typical yahoo boy

Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by mofedamijo(m): 8:12am On May 03, 2021
There is someone @sweat9 warning you guys now, but you guys will not listen until you get burnt so bad.

Yes, people are making it in Dubai, however, look at the percentage of those making it, and those still struggling, then ask yourself if you want to take the risk.

I have met Nigerians in some countries and I shake my head because I have had to help in my own little way. They left Nigeria and was deceived with sweet mouth. These are people who had an okay job back home. Now they can't even eat one square meal without begging.

Open your eyes and do your own research.

Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by olamide0147: 8:20am On May 03, 2021
Lagbaja88:
A country where immigrants have no hope to become citizen is not a country to go.
Forget bro I get friends there they relocates to dubai last year December in a period of one week my guys get dubai passport and permanent resident permit. I no go mention the name of the big gun that run it for them.
Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by Tareq1105: 8:21am On May 03, 2021
See where Buhari has brought Nigerians to. In a blessed country like Nigeria, the citizens are suffering due to poor leadership quality, visionless leader who cannot see beyond his nose.

Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by Dubaiguy: 8:22am On May 03, 2021
zubby29:
I cant subscribe on YouTube, please wat is ur handle on YouTube

McAy TV
Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by Dubaiguy: 8:30am On May 03, 2021
Abeebayo0106:

Watch my previous video
Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by Romanus123: 8:33am On May 03, 2021
I have been in this country for the past 5 years (though visiting Nigeria every 1), I can categorically tell you that it's not easy in Dubai, only those who are determined and have good agent make it in Dubai. To get a good job in Dubai, you need to have Dubai working experience and also acquire some training which the cost of acquisition is high.
But there are other ways to make it easily which I can't state here.
To know more privately about Dubai, chat me on my WhatsApp @ +971557107547
Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by Dubaiguy: 8:36am On May 03, 2021
chronique:
3000 dirhams is about 300k in your post. I'm not sure that translates to living well except maybe your post is for people with no source of livelihood at all. That money can't sustain a lot of people here in naija monthly.

How much is a lot of people in Nigeria 'you are talking about' earning?

My target is for those eager to get rich quick and those that embrace 1000aed job always without plan for self-development
Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by eveninnewspaper: 8:36am On May 03, 2021
Dubaiguy:

CNA[/b]- this course is for people looking to be assistant nurses, it takes about 3-4 months and the pay is around 3000(#300,000+) or more dirhams per month

Source

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iugZ2APjEpo

Pls, can one acquire this in Nigeria and, do you know of any accredited centre for it? Thanks anticipation.
Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by Dubaiguy: 8:36am On May 03, 2021
UNKNOWNGUNMEN:
i stoped watching when he startd sounding extra religious. typical yahoo boy

Religious?

You watched the wrong channel
Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by Xpol: 8:38am On May 03, 2021
Your chances of getting a job in Dubai as a Nigerian is around 20% I remember then we got to some companies.

We: Good afternoon/ morning

Receptionist: Yes Good afternoon

We: please we heard there’re vacancies for so so and so job position

Receptionist: yes there are vacancies you can have your sit, (picks up the telephone), hello sir I have some men who have come for the vacant positions, please my boss said what nationality are you( she asked us)

We: (we paused a while), Nigerians

Receptionist: I’m so sorry my boss said there’s no vacancy but don’t worry you can drop your cvs

Hmm if you know the kind waka wey man waka before getting one kind yeye work like that...
I helped 6 people to come to Dubai only two were able to get a job 3 people came back home and one of them Teko ( illegal immigrant) but none of them could blame me cos I already told them getting a job is by luck. I can’t advise anyone to go UAE in searching for job unless you’re ready to bear your loss in case you couldn’t get a job. The OP is not lying about what he said though but he won’t fully explain how much he suffered before he was able to get the car wash job. Some people even commit suicide because of Dubai experience.

In our face like this Chinese and some others were rejecting offers. And if you’re the type that walk few minutes in Nigerian sun and start complaining Please Dubai is not for you cos Dubai sun is an oven compare to naija own. Please plan of going to another country or better use that money wisely in Nigeria or if you have a good hand work relocate and start working in a better African country with that money

Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 8:41am On May 03, 2021
sweat9:
it's 08:22am now
I wan go chill and relax
U de der no go work,u sabi do referee.
Commot der!!!!!
This babe na cruise ...I dey feel u ...u saying the truth unfiltered...
Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by UNKNOWNGUNMEN: 8:44am On May 03, 2021
Dubaiguy:

Religious?

what is the god bless u and all those religious shittt. u think some of us give a Bleep about that?
Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by Dubaiguy: 8:47am On May 03, 2021
eveninnewspaper:

Pls, can one acquire this in Nigeria and, do you know of any accredited centre for it? Thanks anticipation.

Yes you can acquire it in Nigeria, but I have no idea about institutes

Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by Dubaiguy: 8:49am On May 03, 2021
UNKNOWNGUNMEN:
what is the god bless u and all those religious shittt. u think some of us give a Bleep about that?

OH really?

I will not bless people again. Is that OK now?
Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 8:52am On May 03, 2021
If u get sure agent link for security jobs or any sure jobs that pays above 1500dhs pls indicate here,with sira certificate to get job now sef n war ..
Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by porthouse7(f): 8:54am On May 03, 2021
Mixedfruit:
Dubai 3months visa is 140k with insurance. yours is outrageous
dats is my Price bro, fix urs no competition

Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by porthouse7(f): 9:04am On May 03, 2021
chiefdiye:
bros what of one year two years travel visa to UAE
3 months is d highest, u will get 2 years once u start working in dubai, depending on d job
Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 10:07am On May 03, 2021
Technically, most of us viewing this thread or commenting have plan to jet out to UAE soonest abi...

Dubai Alumni ni gbogbo WA...

Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by Zeeco007: 10:14am On May 03, 2021
Good morning nairalanders,

I got a mail from the German embassy in Lagos inviting me for a visa interview (category A) on the 5th of May, 2021. Looking at the requirements for the category I'm not qualified for the category but I have started my Master degree (Germany), lectures has been virtual, done with the first semester now in the 2nd semester.

My Questions are as follows:

1) would I be accepted for the interview considering the fact that I do not meet the requirement for the category?

2) if I am qualified for the interview, is it compulsory to have the sponsorship letter with me?

3) can I postpone the interview?

I await your kind advice on this matter.

Thank you guys
Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by zubby29(m): 10:35am On May 03, 2021
Dubaiguy:

McAy TV
my brother i cant find it, i have always tried several times to subscribe to ur channel no success, y not try another name
Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by Iamolukorede(m): 10:36am On May 03, 2021
Xpol:
Your chances of getting a job in Dubai as a Nigerian is around 20% I remember then we would got to some companies.

We: Good afternoon/ morning

Receptionist: Yes Good afternoon

We: please we heard there’re vacancies for so so and so job position

Receptionist: yes there are vacancies you can have your sit, (picks up the telephone), hello sir I have some men who have come for the vacant positions, please my boss said what nationality are you( she asked us)

We: (we paused a while), Nigerians

Receptionist: I’m so sorry my boss said there’s no vacancy but don’t worry you can drop your cvs

Hmm if you know the kind waka wey man waka before getting one kind yeye work like that...
I helped 6 people to come to Dubai only two were able to get a job 3 people came back home and one of them Teko ( illegal immigrant) but none of them could blame me cos I already told them getting a job is by luck. I can’t advise anyone to go UAE in searching for job unless you’re ready to bear your loss in case you couldn’t get a job. The OP is not lying about what he said though but he won’t fully explain how much he suffered before he was able to get the car wash job. Some people even commit suicide because of Dubai experience.

In our face like this Chinese and some others were rejecting offers. And if you’re the type that walk few minutes in Nigerian sun and start complaining Please Dubai is not for you cos Dubai sun is an oven compare to naija own. Please plan of going to another country or better use that money wisely in Nigeria or if you have a good hand work relocate and start working in a better African country with that money

The op make it sound so easy to live lavish lifestyle in Dxb UAE, have live and work in Dubai for over 4years.

Securing job positions in that country is another entirely, imagine you work as a car wash for years?. He also forgot to mention he's living standards in such environment.

You can listen to the op at your own perils, I tell many, if you have a job here in Nigeria and you can feed, it will be better to think of traveling to other countries rather than the UAE.

Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by Iamolukorede(m): 10:46am On May 03, 2021
I can tell you for a free, securing a job as a Nigeria now in Dubai is less than 14% infact, other Africa country like Cameroon, Kenya, Ghana, Gambia have better chances than Nigerians now at the moment.

Have lived and work as a security and a chef at Abu Dhabi UAE for over 4 years and I know of many Nigeria that are Teko and yet could not get a job because they are Nigerians.

Rooting for higher paid jobs as the op as mentioned is so rare as he claimed or else you are getting a direct employment from here in Nigeria, I will advise if you have your � money sit down and put strategies up to set up a business or rather travel to other countries where you can earn their citizens ship.

Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by OgaRico(m): 11:38am On May 03, 2021
[quote author=sweat9 post=101328180]

Hin go de sell beer to indians, pakistani,nepal, egypt and ugandans be that ooooo.

Or na massage hin de do? grin grin
(me you Same same).....you can't understand my brother

Abu hail sweet oooo.
Na sweetnight

(me you same same) means what,please?
Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by sweat9(f): 11:50am On May 03, 2021
uchman:

This level wey you dey claim without even knowing my own level or seeing someone like me for the first time, e sure for you ooo!

Well as you have concluded that your level is much higher than any Nigerian in UAE both seen and unseen...

Adolf wagbara!
I dof my cap for you ma!!
I go try level up with time!!!

Your talks were directly proportional to your brain capacity and your mouth needed to be injected with covid-19 vaccine.

You started alleging me firstly and you wan turn yourself to PEACE TRAVELS AND TOURS CEO @ my hearted Prince wey be correct and reliable visa merchandise in entire UAE with nobility and trustworthiness.

When did I say that I was the best amidst Nigerians here?

Are you living together permanently with your Royal family here?

Talk to newbies and be granted 10 stars respects.
This is my last message to you @ uchman.we could be friends later in the future and I'll show you my graph book to illustrate my equations with you.
You still need to apply for visas before traveling to the world except Nigeria visa-free countries.
Stay calmed and be respectful.
Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by sweat9(f): 11:58am On May 03, 2021
It's a broken English said by some of the Asians in UAE.
(ME YOU SAME SAME) could means a lot based on the category of usage.
i.e Me and You are the same collegues.

In short, same same means same thing

Re: Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? by sweat9(f): 12:17pm On May 03, 2021
OgahBohz:

bro, or the fact that you mentioned Dr Stephen Akintayo, CEO GText homes alone shows you know your onion ...pls tell me exactly the issue with working in Dubai or which country would you recommend in UAE?

My adorable bro,
Much were said by my beloved collegues on this trend and I would advise you strongly to come to UAE after the exhibition of Expo 2020 postponed last year due to covid-19 global lockdowns and international travels restrictions and among others.

There's something that I know,its that your Parents sincere prayers to you and be zealous with your appropriate credentials and certifications.

Lets Talk Dubai / Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man / Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73