Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,605 members, 7,801,762 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Please I Need Your Advice - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please I Need Your Advice (33783 Views)

I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. / I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please / PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Your Advice by sammyj490(m): 5:18pm On May 01, 2021
Please forgive my errors, I'm not a professor in English language, we just de try.

I completed my nysc program last year, life didn't actually go they way i thought it would, i spent bout 6 months searching for employment, i finally got a job in a bank microfinance organisation..i was able to secure the job through a sister.

Being working there now for almost 8 month now, truth be told the salary is not worth the stress and hazard we face in the field, apart from not having time for anything else because i have to get to work 7:30am and close 6-7pm.

The salary is 65k but after removing from tax,pension and all,my take home is 54k.

Now I'm considering resigning, I've started learning graphic designing on YouTube, so that i won't be idle, I'm planning to save up for some months before resigning.

Apart from the job being too stressful, I've had alot of witch craft and crazy experiences, trust me its not being easy.

Please am i making the best decision resigning because i don't have any other job, my PlanB is the graphic designing i just started learning, spent most of my savings purchasing a brand new laptop.

I don't know with resigning will be ok considering the situation of our country.

Please advice a brother.Thank you

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Mrsoft3(m): 6:25pm On May 01, 2021
sammyj490:
Please forgive my errors, I'm not a professor in English language, we just de try.
I completed my nysc program last year, life didn't actually go they way i thought it would, i spent bout 6 months searching for employment, i finally got a job in a bank microfinance organisation..i was able to sure the job through a sister.
Being working there now for almost 8 month now, truth be told the salary is not worth the stress and hazard we face in the field, apart from not having time for anything else because i have to get to work 7:30am and close 6-7pm...the salary is 65k but after removing from tax,pension and all,my take home is 54k.
Now I'm considering resigning, I've started learning graphic designing on YouTube, so that i won't be idle, I'm planning to save up for some months before resigning.
Apart from the job being too stressful, I've had alot of witch craft and crazy experiences, trust me its not being easy.
Please I'm i making the best decision resigning because i don't have any other job, my PlanB is the graphic designing i just started learning, spent most of my savings purchasing a brand new laptop. I don't know with resigning will be ok considering the situation of our country. Please advice a brother.Thank you

Ok let me start like this, 'the presence of giants simply signify you have entered canaan'

See it's tough everywhere,every organization will milk you dry regardless of how much they are paying you. Never despise your days of little beginning, they are the years that thought you the experience you will need I'm the future. Now as regards to witchcraft attack, my brother life is spiritual. Every organization bows to a deity(be it God or devil). It's not left for you to fight back(God is the only option for you there).

Continue to improve your skills,learn and get certification in courses that you drive passion from, let your job take care of some bills for you. As for the working hours I understand,but you just have to sacrifice for better days ahead.

Don't quite your job,rather search for another while still on this job.

348 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by sammyj490(m): 6:37pm On May 01, 2021
Bro thank you very much, God go bless you

12 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Skillsnigeria: 7:24pm On May 01, 2021
I don't think you can learn any tangible thing from YouTube, graphics designing is a broad field and YouTube videos are not in-depth.they are just like Google to get information about something,you can't use/watch the videos to become a professional in graphics designing,there is so many things you need to know and YouTube videos won't cover that.youtuber are also hustling for money, that's why they make their videos short and brief.i know how many years I spent in learning different tools used for graphics design.Graphic design is a good skills.

Modify-: Only people that have Professional knowledge on the topic and have tour youtube very well will understand what am saying. To discuss everything concerning a Training program on video will run into terabytes of mobile data. You can only discussed some part of it. Because NIGERIANS love free things, they are ok with their limited knowledge. They will claim they learn something on youtube, yet they will keep asking foolish questions concerning what they claim to learn. Too much love for free things will limit you from getting quality knowledge. Youtube video is just to assist people who already have a foundation (quality training) on what they want to learn

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Tohsynetita1: 9:32pm On May 01, 2021
sammyj490:
I completed my nysc program last year, life didn't actually go they way i thought it would, i spent bout 6 months searching for employment, i finally got a job in a bank microfinance organisation..i was able to sure the job through a sister.
Being working there now for almost 8 month now, truth be told the salary is not worth the stress and hazard we face in the field, apart from not having time for anything else because i have to get to work 7:30am and close 6-7pm...the salary is 65k but after removing from tax,pension and all,my take home is 54k.
Please I'm i making the best decision resigning because i don't have any other job, my PlanB is the graphic designing i just started learning, spent most of my savings purchasing a brand new laptop. I don't know with resigning will be ok considering the situation of our country. Please advice a brother.Thank you
Where do you live?

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by sammyj490(m): 2:22pm On May 02, 2021
Skillsnigeria:
I don't think you can learn any tangible thing from YouTube, graphics designing is a broad field and YouTube videos are not in-depth.they are just like Google to get information about something,you can't use/watch the videos to become a professional in graphics designing,there is so many things you need to know and YouTube videos won't cover that.youtuber are also hustling for money, that's why they make their videos short and brief.i know how many years I spent in learning different tools used for graphics design.Graphic design is a good skills

I get what you're saying bro, but with the little knowledge I've been able to acquire With this online tutorials it's being helpful...like I'm being able to have to basic knowledge bout adobe illustrator ..Even if I'll need to develop myself more on it knowing the basics would help not make things too difficult.
P.s: they ain't just videos, i have the ones of 3-4hrs

6 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Calorie: 2:49pm On May 02, 2021
To be candid, you may need to endure the situation for some time so that you can save some money to pursue your passion. It seems corporate job is not your bit. As you acknowledge that you are not that good in English. It may be difficult getting a good job in corporate world without developing your skills especially in your areas of deficiency.
Mind you, pursuing your passion is not an escape route either. Competition is real in the marketplace. Therefore, whatever route you want to take, there is no place for mediocrity. So, you need to brace up.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by sammyj490(m): 1:27pm On Jun 26, 2021
Tohsynetita1:

Where do you live?
Ondo

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by sammyj490(m): 1:28pm On Jun 26, 2021
Calorie:
To be candid, you may need to endure the situation for some time so that you can save some money to pursue your passion. It seems corporate job is not your bit. As you acknowledge that you are not that good in English. It may be difficult getting a good job in corporate world without developing your skills especially in your areas of deficiency.
Mind you, pursuing your passion is not an escape route either. Competition is real in the marketplace. Therefore, whatever route you want to take, there is no place for mediocrity. So, you need to brace up.
Thanks brother

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by vokon2555(m): 2:08pm On Jun 26, 2021

that's true. Get one first. Half bread is better than none
Mrsoft3:

Ok let me start like this, 'the presence of giants simply signify you have entered canaan'

See it's tough everywhere,every organization will milk you dry regardless of how much they are paying you. Never despise your days of little beginning, they are the years that thought you the experience you will need I'm the future. Now as regards to witchcraft attack, my brother life is spiritual. Every organization bows to a deity(be it God or devil). It's not left for you to fight back(God is the only option for you there).

Continue to improve your skills,learn and get certification in courses that you drive passion from, let your job take care of some bills for you. As for the working hours I understand,but you just have to sacrifice for better days ahead.

Don't quite your job,rather search for another while still on this job.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:15pm On Jun 26, 2021
Skillsnigeria:
I don't think you can learn any tangible thing from YouTube, graphics designing is a broad field and YouTube videos are not in-depth.they are just like Google to get information about something,you can't use/watch the videos to become a professional in graphics designing,there is so many things you need to know and YouTube videos won't cover that.youtuber are also hustling for money, that's why they make their videos short and brief.i know how many years I spent in learning different tools used for graphics design.Graphic design is a good skills
Please don't discourage the lad. A Nigerian started just as he did and works for facebook as a product designer. Op I wont advise you to quit your job sha.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by uzomanny(m): 7:53pm On Jun 26, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

saying he can't learn anything tangible from YouTube is one BIG FAT LIE angry

130 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by samtee37(m): 9:23am On Jun 27, 2021
My little advice

Have you draft out the plans of what you want to do?
Do you have the necessary resources to execute your plans.?

While working on your graphics tutorial work, try and be looking for other opportunities too, you can work as a freelancer and all.......

But, Note, Dont resign until you start making a good cash from your graphic design work bro.

Nigeria is Hard oooo and Hunger no dey make design idea come up

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by design106: 9:23am On Jun 27, 2021
cool
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by HEAVEN4444: 9:24am On Jun 27, 2021
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by NwaIgboBoy(m): 9:24am On Jun 27, 2021
Don't resign but resign anyway grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by AntiWailer: 9:25am On Jun 27, 2021
To do what ?

Resign cos of stress ?

See there is a thin line between actual stress and one being fckin lazy.

Don't resign until u find something else that will pay Ur bills.
Leave all that u want to learn this or that. You might soon get tired of the whole thing and stop learning.

So what will pay Ur bills ?

I read witchcaft experience. Will u resign from a 1million per month job because of withcrafts ?

The little respect given to u from the street na because of the small income u dey make

By the time u become nonentity, nobody go send u message

Av a rethink bro

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by effido666: 9:25am On Jun 27, 2021
Hunger never catch u b4 abi ?

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Ademola121(m): 9:25am On Jun 27, 2021
You need to fast and pray very hard before you decide to leave. God gave you the job that is now stressful so you need to consult God again. Nobody can do this for you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Uyi168: 9:25am On Jun 27, 2021

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by bettinglord22: 9:25am On Jun 27, 2021
Sammyj490

How much is your monthly savings?
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by falseprophet: 9:25am On Jun 27, 2021
sammyj490:

I completed my nysc program last year, life didn't actually go they way i thought it would, i spent bout 6 months searching for employment, i finally got a job in a bank microfinance organisation..i was able to secure the job through a sister.

Being working there now for almost 8 month now, truth be told the salary is not worth the stress and hazard we face in the field, apart from not having time for anything else because i have to get to work 7:30am and close 6-7pm.

The salary is 65k but after removing from tax,pension and all,my take home is 54k.

Please am i making the best decision resigning because i don't have any other job, my PlanB is the graphic designing i just started learning, spent most of my savings purchasing a brand new laptop.

I don't know with resigning will be ok considering the situation of our country.

Do what your mind tells you, you know what am talking about
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by pretydiva(f): 9:25am On Jun 27, 2021
Continue with the work, but save up. Then you can go ahead and resign and learn a skill

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Seniorwriter(m): 9:26am On Jun 27, 2021
sammyj490:

No comment since it's an offline job.
Howbeit for people like me that work online the best ways to reduce stress is to outsource or use Dropservising and still get to earn no matter the amount reason i usually state that ONLINE / REMOTE JOB is Bae.

If you have access to internet + browsing gadgets and you don't earn online then you are not wise and need not complain of been down financially .
Learn2Earn online rather than just browsing and chatting without earning a dime from your online activities.

Proactivity Leads To Productivity.

@Seniorwriter

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Sheisenough01: 9:26am On Jun 27, 2021
Bros you want to resign without an appropriate plan B?

The graphic design thing needs practise for you to perfect it. No one will give a newbie a job.

Best advice is to start bombing jobs sites for better work you're qualified for or keep the job and keep practicing the skill until it is profitable, not I'm just learning.

Freelance work sef hard so no let anyone decieve you ooo.

9 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Iceyjayz: 9:26am On Jun 27, 2021
If you think that your current job is stressful and you have saved alot from it, you can resign. I would advise you to follow your mind though, if your new found love, graphic design can sustain you for long, then you can go for it.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by MisterGrace: 9:28am On Jun 27, 2021

This is where your problem is.
Your mindset. Your mentality.

You have to work on your emotional intelligence and be optimistic.

You need to read a lot of important books. Not motivational ones.

Develop yourself and become a refined person.

8 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Jahwinaboy(m): 9:28am On Jun 27, 2021
Simple. Don't quit . Learn more, save more and then you can quit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by money121(m): 9:29am On Jun 27, 2021
Ok
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Onyi22(f): 9:29am On Jun 27, 2021
cheesy
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 27, 2021

U will understand the meaning of this country when u quit that job u think is stressful. Cos u won't definitely see penny to even sub for that youtube ur learning the design not to talk of feeding urself
Never you quit a job tht pays u 50k and above in this country until u have saved or invested alot to do so. No friend or family, I repeat no friend or family fvcking cares about you. You will understand this line the moment u quit that job. Better respect urself n stay back there first whilst u package ur cv an apply for other baking jobs with better pay elsewhere.

If you quit that job now, even those that call u boss and senior man will all spit on u after seeing u in d house for some time.

I stayed good 5yrs after nysc at home(I live alone in d city) without a job. Was surviving it but wasnt that easy before I was landed my first mega appointment. Quote me,during that 5yrs,even my own mum was insulting me each time she calls me on fone reminding me how my mates v made it n I was wasting my life without knowing what I was passing through in d city. I felt so depressed almost wanted to take my life but here I am today. Am not earning million but I feel better than before.

So bros,stay back there n seek for better opportunities. Make use of the internet agressively. Apply for jobs. Belive me, with ur experience..u will always get interview invite. Once ur close in getting another job,u then leave that one ur doing now

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by samuel19222(m): 9:30am On Jun 27, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Immigration: FG Bars Persons Who Stammer, Bad Teeth, K-Legs, Obesity From Job / What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? / Free Flights To New Zealand Are Offered To Job Jeekers With IT Skills.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.