Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? (24309 Views)

If You Have 5.5M With A Bad Road Factor, Which Car Will You Buy? / Honda Crosstour 2013 Model Available @ 5.5m / 2011 Or 2012 Toyota Venza toks urgently needed 4.5-5.5m toks preferred (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by eenai(m): 8:07pm On May 02, 2021
Try and get back the car even if it means returning the 200k. Thereafter, get a lawyer to deal with the matter.
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by Focusmind: 8:12pm On May 02, 2021
I don't like doing business with family and friends and neighbours. I prefer to deal with a stranger, even if I met the person online.

In case of any Bleep up from the person, I would be able to go broke with the person. But once na family or neighbour, it would always be difficult to explore more radical and brutal ways of dealing with the issue.

You shouldn't have returned the car. Pay all the duties and registration, count your loses and move on. I don't like being dragged behind by transactions that have gone wrong. I will count my pains and losses and learn from there and take it behind me.

Trust me, this incidence will keep disturbing you and you would always be thinking on what to do next. These issues have ways of weighing one down. So, find a way to get past it and not to prolong it even further and save yourself unnecessary stress and BP. The stress of being a Nigerian and living in Nigeria is already too much.

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by Kccheechy(m): 8:14pm On May 02, 2021
This wan Na serious matter o. If care is not taken, 5million don go like play play.
Some people need to be taught a very bitter lesson. All these fraudsters claiming business men. Nigeria is just so messed up. Police go Bleep up, court will stretch the matter till you taya, if you go the street way, e fit backfire. Unless you want to put hand into juju.. That one sef get consequence
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by nedekid: 8:28pm On May 02, 2021
uncleck:
Court will be your best bet. But it will linger
Nothing for him in court.
It will take years, besides the neighbor possibly does not have large enough fixed asset you can go after in the next few years should you get favorable judgment. Even if you get garnishing order on his accounts, how are you sure he wount have relocated to Canada then?
He is already in deep shit, the best bet is to cut his loses and run. Collect the car, pay the duty and know you lost money but not all the money.
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by 1759ademola(m): 8:28pm On May 02, 2021
Barbiturate:

You shouldn't refund any money sir. Make him understand you have to do the duty and registration. Call him and sit with him one on one and discuss like a man to a man! No quarrels, No arguments, just find a way to convince him and speak to his conscience
People like that doesn't have conscience. I supported your initial opinion 100%. He should petition him in SCID or FCID and deal with the bastard. If police want to betray, he should involve the media. If he go easy, the wicked will not soft- pedal. Fire-for-fire is better.
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by castrokins(m): 8:44pm On May 02, 2021
Contact ChiveGPS
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by Cerebellum: 8:47pm On May 02, 2021
Mrsoft3:

So because he is a retired sss,he should now defraud you. He must be a bastard of a thousand father's. Sue the idiot. Get a lawyer and let him pay every tiny bit of what he owes.

He is even into forgery,that alone is a criminal offence. Get a legal practitioner please.

See don't use your uniform or authority to ride anybody in this life,God hates it and can bring a man down for it. Your dominion is not over another man.

Mr soft self dey paragrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by deking(m): 9:04pm On May 02, 2021
Reach out to info@chivegps.com the can assist you.

Or you can reach them via twitter

@chivegps
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by CryptoRepublic1: 9:31pm On May 02, 2021
Report him to efcc asap.

I can bet you that he's a liar about being retired sss.

2 Likes

Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by shegun4sur: 9:42pm On May 02, 2021
Fake story
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by coming2america: 10:33pm On May 02, 2021
Get a court order to put a lien on his acccounts or PND. Get supporting documents from.custom alleging fraud. Or get a court order to seal up his car stand. He wontsell sny car for awhile.Let him lose momey and spend money small.

Then drag him to court

2 Likes

Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by DAPZY34: 10:49pm On May 02, 2021
epelumi42:
In November 2020, I Paid my neighbor who has a car stand for a toyota highlander 2010. He said he can bring it for 4.5m and asked for 2m deposit to balance when the car comes. Long story short, I ended up paying 5.3m and he came up with several stories about processing custom duty and didn't bring the car (a different 2008 highlander) until January 16.

I traveled few days after and on my way back, I got stopped by customs officers. The duty on the car was shoddily forged. I parted with 220k after long hours of begging. I got to Abuja with a soldier that I paid 40k. In summary, the car has cost me 5.7m.

I returned the car when I got back and he said I'll pay 60k to cancel the registration and he'll sell the car . since February 3rd, he hasn't paid. Once he said some people deposited money and I asked for it. He sent 200k in March. He's been posting me week after week. Different stories.

What's the best way to recover my money? I'm tired of the stories.
He said he's retired SSS

just go online. Google FCCPC and fill in the form and wait for your money.. Be sure your details are correct...
They're tested and trusted.

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by pricklewane: 11:00pm On May 02, 2021
You are not wise. Without being an SSS he will pay you whenever he desire. There is not 1 thing you can do. You 2 Mumu I swear.

epelumi42:
In
He said he's retired SSS
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by pricklewane: 11:04pm On May 02, 2021
You are too foolish I swear.
When you go to court n he say it is only 50K he can produce from all the money you gave him what can you do.

Can the court force him give you the money. Take the care n atodealing based on trust with any Nigerian. Only foola do that.

epelumi42:

You're right. My issue is that he thinks he can get away with it. That I'll be forced to pick the car since he can't sell it at market price without duty. And he's not willing to pay. When I asked for the car, he literally told me I have to refund the 200k he sent.
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by chiefdiye(m): 11:52pm On May 02, 2021
MrWTF:

Never in your life trust a NIGERIAN with your hard earned money.

Nigerians are dubious creatures. Don’t help any Nigerian. Even though he’s begging for his life.

Very Useless Wicked set of black creatures.

Oga you are too harsh! calm down na,! what exactly is your problems........ Does your point correlate with the topic above?, stop some kinda believe
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by gabbasin: 12:08am On May 03, 2021
most people are easily swindled in this clime, never trust anyone that promise to get you a car across the border at a cheaper price, you will end up paying more than buying the at a car mart here, by giving them advance, they have your blocs and you will be squeezed to your last kobo, the best the op can do in this circumstance is to just go and have his car back, any other attempt to recover his money will amount to a wild goose chase and more money will be lost on hiring a lawyer or making it a police case as our police will squeeze him of his money with no result. Better go and have your car back, pay the necessary duty and go lick your wound jejely. a lesson has been learnt already
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by spiritualmubi: 1:18am On May 03, 2021
Guy your village people are on it, seek for spiritual help asap My 2cents
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by Ynix(m): 3:52am On May 03, 2021
Take his case to Embelebe Human Right Radio Abuja

epelumi42:
In November 2020, I Paid my neighbor who has a car stand for a toyota highlander 2010. He said he can bring it for 4.5m and asked for 2m deposit to balance when the car comes. Long story short, I ended up paying 5.3m and he came up with several stories about processing custom duty and didn't bring the car (a different 2008 highlander) until January 16.

I traveled few days after and on my way back, I got stopped by customs officers. The duty on the car was shoddily forged. I parted with 220k after long hours of begging. I got to Abuja with a soldier that I paid 40k. In summary, the car has cost me 5.7m.

I returned the car when I got back and he said I'll pay 60k to cancel the registration and he'll sell the car . since February 3rd, he hasn't paid. Once he said some people deposited money and I asked for it. He sent 200k in March. He's been posting me week after week. Different stories.

What's the best way to recover my money? I'm tired of the stories.
He said he's retired SSS

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by murmee: 7:43am On May 03, 2021
ChiefAfonja:

grin grin

Police will defraud you
Please when you see Nigerian Police just run

They are kidnappers, fraudsters, armed robbers and they do all sorts of evil
You are very correct. The Nigerian Police will just be collecting moneys from both sides and the matter will never be resolved. At this rate, you need to be careful not to lose your money and the car!

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by murmee: 7:51am On May 03, 2021
Darls247:
My brother sumon him with Oracle, they will contact him and give him time to pay up. If he fell to pay or act stubborn he will face the consequences. don't go to police or lawyer it will cost you money and he may end up not paying you.
Very Stupid advice!
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by Malawii: 8:49am On May 03, 2021
Adenugay:
That is how those Abuja people use today, I haven't so many people so fraudulently that those people Abuja, they will be forming one useless connection or the other, whereas all nah lies. Oga go to police and report his damn ass.

I have about 2 cases like that, one says he lectures police at Police headquarters and the Commissioner of Police in Abuja is his father, another one says his Mom is police and work as a lawyer. Please what concerns me with your damn connections.

Those Abuja people especially if they know you are not based in Abuja and can reach them anytime, you need be very careful with them.
Please I need help too I bought an auction car last year I am yet to get the papers.
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by gstream: 12:54am On May 04, 2021
Best way...the street way amd find your way around the law...afterall,the law is an ass.
Obudupikin:
Long way: EFCC

Pro: If you get your money back you have nothing to worry about.
Con: You may never get the money back due to esprit de corp.

Short way: the street.

Pro: You will get your money back.
Con: If it goes sideways, the law may come for you.
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by ArticleBeast: 11:55am On May 05, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
Hire a debt collector. Especially the ones that works with Soko lending company sad
On a serious note, the best way is to hire a debt collector and offer him a small percentage of the total sum.
Sokoloan grin grin Those people fit drive person to suicide
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by sellers4buyers(m): 3:48pm On Mar 03, 2022
If you must owe, owe debts that will be used for production or for business transactions.

If you are indebted and paying your debtors is a challenge, get intouch with Debtbuyerng. We pay your debt while you pay or small small over a period of 5years. Get intouch at debtbuyerng@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Toyota’s New Self-driving Car Has Two Steering / How I Narrowly Escaped Vehicle Impoundment in Lagos / The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.