Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Police Desert Streets In South East - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Desert Streets In South East (41997 Views)

Sex-starved Women Take To The Streets In Rivers / Youths In Nassarawa Take To The Streets In Support Of Obi (Pictures) / Sit-At-Home: Major Roads And Streets In Awka Deserted (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Desert Streets In South East by Burtonj: 6:27am On May 03, 2021
Buke26:

I travelled from Abuja to Kebbi last month, passing through Kaduna, Katsina, Zamfara and Sokoto through to Kebbi. Honestly I saw less than 4 police check points. 2 unserious military check points and 1 customs/immigrations. For a war torn zone? Haaaaaa. I travelled to Lagos from Abuja last week, hmmm over 30 Checkpoints, military outpost, vigilantes etc. Omor. I think going to the East is worse sef. I don't know what these guys are planning...

St. UGM has chased those useless people in uniform out from our roads and it is left for the West to do theirs if they are really serious.

I travelled from Onitsha to Adamawa and I could count the road blocks mounted from Benue to Taraba and to Adamawa.

And these are the so called war ravaged areas. Their evil plans for my people will never work.

Those places I mentioned and the other war torn states should be needing those numerous road blocks and not the peaceful and loving Alaigbo.

Police and Military personnel should do their work and stop shielding the marauding Fulani herdsmen in the East. Enough of the killings and extortions.

How is these so hard for some zombies to understand?

Like how do they derive joy in all the things that has been happening in the east since Buhari assumed office?

Are these people not the devil in human skin?

2 Likes

Re: Police Desert Streets In South East by LordOfTheGame: 8:39am On May 03, 2021
Burtonj:

Whatever they are planning is going to consume them.

It's not by force to be in the same country, all we have ever wanted is referedum.

Igbos were only waving their flags and asking for their country but the government used them for shooting practice.

The marriage is not working and we want out, how is that too hard to ask??

Whatever the government are planning will reach them too.

I don't understand what these guys take us for.... giving warning and threats up and down. Well, whatever they're planning will consume them. Now is not like before and am sure their support base have reduced so badly that they can't stand the heat alone. Only let us go in peace because we're no longer comfortable with the union called Nigeria but they chose to continue killing us like our lives don't matter.
Enough is Enough.
Re: Police Desert Streets In South East by SweetiliciousD: 9:27am On May 03, 2021
Lazycapitalist2:
That's how it started in the NE....the Law enforcement was chased off, and the thugs...took over, and the people rejoiced...thinking somehting new was happening....until the thugs came for their food and their children and their wives...

The same thing is happening in the SE....the thugs have taken over, and everyone is happy. Till the thugs institute thug law....

Yes, the Police and Army have been unjust....but the new powerbrokers are going to be worse.

The main issue is that in Nigeria we are all looking for a hero that would come and put things in place...forgetting that democracy is all about doing the hard work of changing your self and your leaders.

But Nigerians prefer to look for a hero, or for Sharia in the North, or for new country in the South, yet, they won't do the hard work of demcracy. They won't vote good leaders, they support bad leaders, and mock those who refuse to be part of the chosing of bad leaders.

And they expect miracles.

Well, I don't like the police...but driving them off means inviting the rule of thug. And that is a harsh lesson people in the NE are learning. Pray the SE don't have to learn that lesson.

P.S The Bakassi Boys were initally the good guys. We know how that ended....innocent people being held in concentration-like camps. For nothing.

Mechie ọnụ. If there is criminal upsurge, we know it is a smokescreen aimed at bringing back the bad extortioners. Period.
Re: Police Desert Streets In South East by feelgood(m): 9:29am On May 03, 2021
They should deploy indigenes to the formations - that should be the new tacticsvof the Police n the military.
The indigenes as security personnel in their Region would be better able to handle security aincevit is their State of origin
Re: Police Desert Streets In South East by Burtonj: 2:13pm On May 03, 2021
LordOfTheGame:

I don't understand what these guys take us for.... giving warning and threats up and down. Well, whatever they're planning will consume them. Now is not like before and am sure their support base have reduced so badly that they can't stand the heat alone. Only let us go in peace because we're no longer comfortable with the union called Nigeria but they chose to continue killing us like our lives don't matter.
Enough is Enough.

The zoo must fall and nobody can stop the land of the rising sun.

The time is now and God has brought us the man to lead us to that country that is filled with milk and honey.

Biafra has come and no threat or intimidation can stop us this time around.

All we seek is referedum for us to decide our fate and that is never a crime.

No matter what they are planning, it is going to consume them and their families.

They decided to kill us just because of our flag, the death of all those that has died in this struggle shall never be in vain.

The World are watching and above all God is watching.

God bless the land of the rising sun

2 Likes

Re: Police Desert Streets In South East by UndilutedFaxt: 10:16am On May 04, 2021
Rosskiiku:

Thanks for your common sense approach, and sorry for your loss.

I always tell people they underestimate what they have in Nigeria.

You have grown men saying ignorant stuff like ''the police don't do anything except extort money at checkpoints''.

It's just pure foolishness.

That is the height of ignorance. The police patrol the streets at night searching for armed robbers.

It is not your flimsy gate or fence that keeps robbers from raiding you.

It is the presence of the police.

It is the police that keep the masses safe from armed robbers.

Even the mere presence of a policeman or police checkpoint is a deterrent to armed robbers and criminals.

To say ''oh they extort money from motorists, so let's get rid of them'' is the ultimate case of throwing away the baby with the bath water.

It's pathetic that IPOB are using the security situation to push their agenda in a manner that will greatly affect southeast in the coming days if the attack on security personnel is not stopped. I weep for my people
Re: Police Desert Streets In South East by Cromagnon: 8:57pm On May 08, 2021
Lazycapitalist2:

A police force is far more than a vigilate group...they have to be equipped to maintain law and order than any part time vigilante....and paid better salaries too.

Not really
Vigilantes can be paid to do same work
Just as we pay for GSM to do nitel work
Or hospitals or schools instead of govt run debacles

So, any state polcie force means higher taxes....(and restructruing won't solve the issue...the populaiton oF each of the regions of Nigeria is too large to survive on just 'oil, agric, palm oil, cocoa, minerals, etc).
Thriving (by western standards of consumerism) you mean
We actually can survive on just agric
Not much of survival but survival still it is

Like you agreed when differentiating Nigeria's case from Venezuela

Fun example...Hisbah in Kano can break beer bottles...but if they came across a corpse on the street, they too would call the police because they don't have things like trained detectives, forensic facilties, etc etc.
why hisbah not paid as much as police

Also a waste of scarce resources
Could've done same with police
Re: Police Desert Streets In South East by Cromagnon: 8:59pm On May 08, 2021
Lazycapitalist2:

And the only way you can get the police to change is the same way black people got their police to change their ways in the USA....by participating agressively in the democratic process.

But most of you want quick quick.

I don't support police violence, by the way.
actually it was by economic participation, democracy doesn't really work when you're in the minority., but money,matters everywhere
Re: Police Desert Streets In South East by Cromagnon: 9:01pm On May 08, 2021
Lazycapitalist2:

We should have state police, if the people are ready to pay the high taxes needed to fund such police.

Knowing Nigerians...
why higher taxes
There will be less federal police so the savings can be transferred to states. Same number of police country wide just different jurisdictions
Re: Police Desert Streets In South East by Cromagnon: 9:05pm On May 08, 2021
Lazycapitalist2:
That's how it started in the NE....the Law enforcement was chased off, and the thugs...took over, and the people rejoiced...thinking somehting new was happening....until the thugs came for their food and their children and their wives...

The same thing is happening in the SE....the thugs have taken over, and everyone is happy. Till the thugs institute thug law....

Yes, the Police and Army have been unjust....but the new powerbrokers are going to be worse.

The main issue is that in Nigeria we are all looking for a hero that would come and put things in place...forgetting that democracy is all about doing the hard work of changing your self and your leaders.

But Nigerians prefer to look for a hero, or for Sharia in the North, or for new country in the South, yet, they won't do the hard work of demcracy. They won't vote good leaders, they support bad leaders, and mock those who refuse to be part of the chosing of bad leaders.

And they expect miracles.

Well, I don't like the police...but driving them off means inviting the rule of thug. And that is a harsh lesson people in the NE are learning. Pray the SE don't have to learn that lesson.

What's the difference
They're all extortionist
Thugs and police

P.S The Bakassi Boys were initally the good guys. We know how that ended....innocent people being held in concentration-like camps. For nothing.
Re: Police Desert Streets In South East by 2elliot: 12:01am On May 09, 2021
Rosskiiku:

That you got 350 likes (so far) for your comment shows how deeply sick-minded many of you Igbo separatists are.

Your region is crumbling before your eyes into chaos, but you're liking a comment that says, ''Yes. No problem!''.

Sick people.

You're cursed to be blind and thoughtless.

Ode
Re: Police Desert Streets In South East by 2elliot: 12:02am On May 09, 2021
Rosskiiku:

Bro, I've said it before, IGBO PEOPLE DON'T HAVE COMMON SENSE.

Stop trying to reason with them.

They act first then think later, and when they finally think, their narcissism won't let them admit the failures of their actions.

How somebody cannot know that killing and chasing away the police will INSTANTLY lead to an exponential rise in crime, I've no idea.
gbaun
Re: Police Desert Streets In South East by NoIgboSoundTueh: 10:33am On Jul 16, 2021
NwaAro:

I've noticed you have this wreckless proclivity for making very dangerous, unguarded, and palpably evil/uncensored statements about Igbos and I wonder why your lunacy has remained unchecked on this forum by the MODS. The other day you made bold to say Igbos should be grateful to Gowon for not wiping them out after the war, like are you actually serious about these morbidly daft and insidious things you say you pathetic sick fu*k? what exactly is your problem? who hurt you this badly bro? I fear for the type of kids that will look up to you as a role model, cause you have a very twisted, dark and melancholic mind, and it's your type that would relish seeing millions of Igbos been slaughtered on the premise of your manic-depressive fantasies about Igbo blood been spilled.

My advice to you is to seek help fast before you self-implode, cause it's a gnawing reality that your death is closer to you than you can imagine.
how far ndi dot and 5%er?
Remember me?
Re: Police Desert Streets In South East by OgwuEgo: 12:32pm On Jul 21, 2021
Fan of Elrufai son?
NoIgboSoundTueh:

how far ndi dot and 5%er?
Remember me?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) / I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate / Massive Crowd As Presidential Aspirant Sowore Arrives Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.