Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR (9881 Views)

Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada / Photos Of 8 Edo Indigenes Who Died In Fatal Accident On Return From Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by Cousin9999: 10:04pm On May 02, 2021
They probably prefer their home, and were never really suffering in Nigeria to begin with.

And they may be returning with money saved and/or real estate abroad. Collecting Canadian rent and living in Nigeria while running multiple businesses in Nigeria (financed by a modest savings abroad) sounds like a pretty good deal.
Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by BigDawsNet: 10:04pm On May 02, 2021
Chloraseptic:

But I thought having a Nigerian passport covers all.. and I have never heard anyone that has gone for interview said otherwise

Passport covers all definitely but

This white people fancy other ID...just to backup your status...

anyway it's just an opinion
You know anything that's related to immigration should not be placed on "Its not neccassry" get everything in order so you can have full confidence abt your application....
Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by Nobody: 12:18am On May 03, 2021
planetx:
They returned after discovering the place is seriously overrated with a terrible job market, expensive housing, terrible medical care, loneliness, savage winter.
you and the op are just losers trying to console themselves. British Columbia and some parts of Ontario do not have brutal weather, the health care is free for every one unlike in the usa, housing is expensive in some places no all, go on LinkedIn and see where many Nigerians work. Top companies in canada. Check places like kpmg, pwc, amazon, rbc, cibc, sun life, Accenture etc and see the Nigerian names there

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by babakb: 2:38am On May 03, 2021
Lagbaja88:
you and the op are just losers trying to console themselves. British Columbia and some parts of Ontario do not have brutal weather, the health care is free for every one unlike in the usa, housing is expensive in some places no all, go on LinkedIn and see where many Nigerians work. Top companies in canada. Check places like kpmg, pwc, amazon, rbc, cibc, sun life, Accenture etc and see the Nigerian names there

Please ignore them, let them keep deceiving themselves.

If any of them were to be offered ordinary Canada tourist visa, they will jump over their heels to grab it.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by maternal: 4:45am On May 03, 2021
I know a few people who did this. They weren't suffering at all, but couldn't risk living in Nigeria with their wife or kids. So they come to Canada, get their PR with their kids and wife. They get them set up. He'll go back to naija to work, while flying back to Canada to be with their family. He'll eventually make the move permanently, after taking care of their affairs. They just couldn't risk leaving their family in Nigeria a second longer. But they'll all move to Canada for good without a doubt.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by Nobody: 5:39am On May 03, 2021
planetx:
They returned after discovering the place is seriously overrated with a terrible job market, expensive housing, terrible medical care, loneliness, savage winter.
It depends where you decide to settle down. If you choose Toronto or Vancouver you will never be able to afford a house. However, if you choose affordable cities such as Regina,Calgary,Winnipeg or Edmonton housing will be affordable.

The thing majority of Nigerians complain of is the loneliness and the savage winter. It is not like the hustle and bustle back home, here everyone minds their business. You can live in a street for years and not know any of your neighbours.

9 Likes

Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by Nobody: 5:43am On May 03, 2021
Lagbaja88:
The cities that have the best weather like Victoria, Vancouver and Toronto have the most expensive house prices in the country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by Chloraseptic: 7:07am On May 03, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Passport covers all definitely but

This white people fancy other ID...just to backup your status...

anyway it's just an opinion
You know anything that's related to immigration should not be placed on "Its not neccassry" get everything in order so you can have full confidence abt your application....

Thanks I appreciate.

I will look for a way to get any other ID card with same name and DOB on my passport..

Can I speak with you privately, maybe on WhatsApp or email
Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by BigDawsNet: 7:21am On May 03, 2021
Chloraseptic:

Thanks I appreciate.

I will look for a way to get any other ID card with same name and DOB on my passport..

Can I speak with you privately, maybe on WhatsApp or email

Sorry bro, I don't really do that for a reason known to me only

But I will be glad to answer any more questions...

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by peeps4u: 7:58am On May 03, 2021
sihamey:

It will not make sense my brother at least they have to gain from their suffering and money wasted, they will use PR to console themselves while they go back and rethink.. my thought undecided

Seems you are so much desperate to see people saying they return to Nigeria because they are suffering. No matter how many reasons people give you, you will not be OKAY until they tell you what you want to hear. If you believe average Nigerians live better than people in Canada, the joke is on you.

You can keep consoling yourself with the thread.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by Richdee1(m): 11:11am On May 03, 2021
#Observing

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by Ugmama(m): 11:45am On May 03, 2021
Please any medical doctor in canada or UK here?
Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by sihamey: 12:20pm On May 03, 2021
peeps4u:

Seems you are so much desperate to see people saying they return to Nigeria because they are suffering. No matter how many reasons people give you, you will not be OKAY until they tell you what you want to hear. If you believe average Nigerians live better than people in Canada, the joke is on you.

You can keep consoling yourself with the thread.

What is my gain if they are suffering or living large. I think you are too desperate to hear the false life they live there. I am critical thinker and researcher doing my findings....BIKO

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by oluayebenz: 12:59pm On May 03, 2021
sihamey:

What is my gain if they are suffering or living large. I think you are too desperate to hear the false life they live there. I am critical thinker and researcher doing my findings....BIKO

Exactly what I was thinking
Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 03, 2021
sihamey:

go to LinkedIn like i said and see where Nigerian work. Those who return most have something doing in Nigeria. I know many people who have been diagnosed with one health condition or pre those conditions here in canada. Something 9ja hospitals cannot diagnose. I have been here for over a year, a lot of Nigerians are doing well, some are still in school too upgrading their credentials. Those doing minimum wage jobs self are living better life than they were in Nigeria. You dont qualify for canada pr and is consoling your self

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by sihamey: 1:18pm On May 03, 2021
Lagbaja88:
go to LinkedIn like i said and see where Nigerian work. Those who return most have something doing in Nigeria. I know many people who have been diagnosed with one health condition or pre those conditions here in canada. Something 9ja hospitals cannot diagnose. I have been here for over a year, a lot of Nigerians are doing well, some are still in school too upgrading their credentials. Those doing minimum wage jobs self are living better life than they were in Nigeria. You dont qualify for canada pr and is consoling your self

You are just a f**l to say I don't quality for Canada PR. ... what qualifications are talking about. To get citizenship to Canada does it has a limitation? Or you think is only by skill work, Age limit bla bla bla......Getting Canadian PR is as easy as ABC, if you know you know

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by peeps4u: 1:43pm On May 03, 2021
sihamey:

Like I said before, you want to hear they are suffering that is why you have assumed they live false lives over there.
You're not critical and far from a researcher because if you were, you wouldn't come to this hasty conclusion with just 3 cases when thousands of cases show otherwise.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by peeps4u: 1:45pm On May 03, 2021
Lagbaja88:

He's a sadist. His motive was to make the thread a Canada bashing thread. He wanted to read people posting "they are suffering" and the likes, that's why he's never satisfied with reasonable replies people have given him.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by Cousin9999: 1:47pm On May 03, 2021
As hard as it is for some to believe, some people never planned to stay abroad.
Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 03, 2021
peeps4u:

He's a sadist. His motive was to make the thread a Canada bashing thread. He wanted to read people posting "they are suffering" and the likes, that's why he's never satisfied with reasonable replies people have given him.

Too many silly people out here

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by sihamey: 2:29pm On May 03, 2021
peeps4u:

Like I said before, you want to hear they are suffering that is why you have assumed they live false lives over there.
You're not critical and far from a researcher because if you were, you wouldn't come to this hasty conclusion with just 3 cases when thousands of cases show otherwise.

Please i never said I have drow the line of conclusion, If i do, I will not come here to get more info from other.
Meanwhile the 3 friends I'm referring to are all doing well here and they even send money to their family in Canada from Nigeria.
The mean aim of creating the post is to know why these people can not get same job they are doing here in Canada and remain there with their family.
What you don't know is beyond you my brother

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 03, 2021
sihamey:

Please i never said I have drow the line of conclusion, If i do, I will not come here to get more info from other.
Meanwhile the 3 friends I'm referring to are all doing well here and they even send money to their family in Canada from Nigeria.
The mean aim of creating the post is to know why these people can not get same job they are doing here in Canada and remain there with their family.
What you don't know is beyond you my brother
are these ones not Nigerians
Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 03, 2021
The people who gave the pr(canada) say you only need to live there 2 yearsin the next 5 years to renew it. So what is the big deal if people prefer to stay back in their hom country

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by sihamey: 8:17pm On May 03, 2021
Lagbaja88:
are these ones not Nigerians

There is no need arguing I never said all Nigeria s in Canada are suffering
let people who have first hand experience info us. Social media profile could be deceiving like the same way CV's are padded with faults information.
Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by Uchemus(m): 8:56pm On May 03, 2021
People of hate and jealousy, who have never smelt outside the shore of Nizooria are criticizing Canada. Both God and the devil know that Nigeria is an alcatraz and can never be compared to canada in anyway. Instead of spilling so much hate on those that have managed to secure a better future for themselvestheir families and generation to come, please shut you trap and focus on yourself.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 03, 2021
sihamey:

let people who have first hand experience info us. Social media profile could be deceiving like the same way CV's are padded with faults information.
i live and work in Canada. There are over 20 Nigerians where i work. They dont have two heads. Like I said you are only a loser looking for how to console yourself

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by Nobody: 12:27am On May 04, 2021
sihamey:

this one too na deceit?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by 79733139(m): 9:13am On May 04, 2021
If I were to give an estimate, it is less than 1% of Nigerians that relocate back to Nigeria after immigrating to Canada. Most Nigerians who relocate to Canada stay there for years even after they have gotten their citizenship.

From your replies, you are just trying to start another Canada bashing thread to discourage Nigerians from making an attempt to go to Canada. You are likely stuck in Nigeria... "misery loves company".

sihamey:
I have been wondering why people return from Canada after getting The almighty PR. I have 3 friends who return from Canada after obtaining their PR and that got me thinking after struggling to get Canada visa and getting to Canada struggled to process PR then return back to Nigeria full time, when I ask them why they gave me different reasons. Which I will be stating here to also hear from other people who did same and their reasons.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by sihamey: 10:11am On May 04, 2021
Lagbaja88:
i live and work in Canada. There are over 20 Nigerians where i work. They dont have two heads. [s]Like I said you are only a loser looking for how to console yourself[/s]

You are working for someone and I employ people like you and pay them... Who is the LOSER here?. embarassed
Don't get too frustrated if you can not take heat get out from the kitchen. Don't turn this tread into battle field. Like I said before there are many reasons people come back from Canada not that they are not doing well. If you know how to read then read well.. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by sihamey: 10:19am On May 04, 2021
79733139:
If I should give an estimate, it is less than 1% of Nigerians that relocate back to Nigeria after immigrating to Canada. Most Nigerians who relocate to Canada stay there for years even after they have gotten their citizenship.

[s]From your replies, you are just trying to start another Canada bashing thread to discourage Nigerians from making an attempt to go to Canada. You are likely stuck in Nigeria... "misery loves company".[/s]

Next time make sure you read before commenting. People like you hardly pass exams grin
Meanwhile where did you get your estimate ? Atlest 1% eventually come back isorite
You are now my village people that stuck me in Nigeria, I have finally found you. Go and release me from this bondage embarassed sad grin
Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by peeps4u: 10:46am On May 04, 2021
sihamey:

You are working for someone and I employ people like you and pay them... Who is the LOSER here?. embarassed
Don't get too frustrated if you can not take heat get out from the kitchen. Don't turn this tread into battle field. Like I said before there are many reasons people come back from Canada not that they are not doing well. If you know how to read then read well.. shocked

Segun Agbaje, a salary earner, earns 400million per annum, I get that makes him a loser because you're an employer? Di you know how much the bosses in MTN, GLO, oil companies earn?

Your argument and thinking are shallow.

Your motive for creating this thread is already defeated because no one has fallen for your Canada bashing thread. Just because you saw 3 people who returned home from Canada, you hastily created a thread asking why many are returning home.

Keep consoling yourself

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR by HRprof: 10:59am On May 04, 2021
Uchemus:
People of hate and jealousy, who have never smelt outside the shore of Nizooria are criticizing Canada. Both God and the devil know that Nigeria is an alcatraz and can never be compared to canada in anyway. Instead of spilling so much hate on those that have managed to secure a better future for themselvestheir families and generation to come, please shut you trap and focus on yourself.

You are just creating a nuisance, noise maker embarassed.
No one is comparing Nigeria to Canada get that into your empty skull. No matter what you called Nigeria it does change the fact that you are Nigerian. Canada was developed by the Canadians so before you make noise ask yourself question. Coming back after getting PR could be for good reason or otherwise
tongue cry lipsrsealed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Urgent Advice/info On Living In Northampton-uk Pls / Help: Cable Visa To Belarus / 21 Weird Laws Of UAE Dubai That Can Land You In Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.