Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:19 AM

My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! (25425 Views)

Massive Jubilation As First Flight Lands In Ebonyi International Airport (Pix) / My Flight Experience With A Flight Attendant / My Empty Flight Experience On EgyptAir From Cairo To Athens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by mrbenjame: 2:42pm On May 02, 2021
I’ve never flown before but I’d like to narrate my first experience traveling by air. It’s a very interesting experience and fearful for the faint hearted. Lols. But the thing is..... whether you are scared or not you’d definitely get to your destination. No doubt about that. So stay tune.....

Few days ago, I went for an important event in Abuja. I reside in portharcourt. I stayed about 4km away from the airport. Since I had no business in the airport, I stay clear. Sometimes knowing fully well I’d be hitting the plane sooner enough I decided to visit the airport but something kept dragging me back. So I backed off until the day I was scheduled to travel. I left the house for the airport at about 7:45am for a trip scheduled by 10:25 am. ( from what I was told you should be early enough).

We got to the airport around 8:15. Got into the check in hall. On entring we were asked to drop our phones and bags in a conveyor that scans our belonging. It rolls with your belongings the way your bags would roll to a place you’d pick it up. But this conveyor is quite short. So you’d need to be there to see that your load passes through that load scanner before picking your belongings.

Now I picked my bag and headed to the boarding pass ( please you’d always need to ask questions in the airport o! Before you loose your flight all in the name of forming). I was directed to the boarding pass where I’d show them my flight ticket number. ( mine was sent to my phone so I showed them from my phone). They’d type it and confirm you’re the actual passenger.

After that I was given my flight ticket.( mind you, if you’re flying aero for instance please do not go to stand on arik queue. Find aero and queue there. That’s how it works ).

After taking my ticket I headed to the departure area..........

To be continued...........

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by Goldbw122(m): 2:50pm On May 02, 2021
ff
Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by nero2face: 2:51pm On May 02, 2021
Am waiting for the rest news

1 Like

Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by Shellsploit: 3:00pm On May 02, 2021
grin
Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by LeeSantos(m): 3:02pm On May 02, 2021
following.
Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by micfoley: 3:57pm On May 02, 2021
ok na. First flight experience is always memorable

3 Likes

Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by mrbenjame: 4:59pm On May 02, 2021
Ok........ I’m back now. I got into the waiting/ departure area but before then I was asked If I was with any possession of perfumes or stuffs like that. I told them yes I do. The guy just told me to go that I shouldn’t worry. Before entering the departure hall I saw a lady that her Job was to check your ticket and detach one side of the ticket leaving you with a little piece of paper containing your flight details. (your name, seat number, where you’re going to, type of plane carrying you etc.). I entered the departure area and saw another conveyor again. This time I had to repeat the process again. Dropped everything I had including my watch.

After they all rolled out to a particular point ( short like I said earlier) I picked up my bag and
other belongings.

I got to the departure hall seeing a lot of people seated. The hall is usually glassy in which you can easily see any plane landing and taking off as well as people entering and exiting some planes.

When I got there I found out the hall was filled so I had to go upstairs. It’s a gallery where you can sit up there and still see the people downstairs as well as the landings and take offs. I enjoyed staying up because you’d see everything clearly and vividly. Thanks to the airport staff that ushered me upstairs. I saw both children and parents waiting for their flights, boys and girls, old people etc...

While we were there we were hearing announcements from time to time of the particular airline that’s leaving and the destination. So I had to check my ticket to confirm if it’s the airline I was flying with.

Mind you.... be very attentive as well because the announcers voice is very little. So I barely heard her voice. She’s obviously a Nigerian no doubt but her voice wasn’t audible enough. That really pissed me off. Thanks to the airport workers who also announce the flights for people to hear.

So you’d hear something Like this:
Arik air Portharcourt to Lagos zone A to F please
Assemble for your flight. Thank you! ( something like that).

Since I was boarding Max air, I was bordered because I’ve never heard of that name( maybe because I don’t visit the airport like I said or because I’m not a frequent traveler).

I saw people seating with me whose plane was ready to take them away. After 30 minutes of their leaving the hall, I saw them flying away into the cloud. I started wondering like “ see o. No be that babe wey sit down here don enter cloud now now? Chei! Nawa o. Lols. So Na so me go move too? Omo. No be small o “ I just kept calm because I was getting excited

After waiting patiently, almost 10:25am boarding time, I started seeing a mighty aircraft running through the run way to the departure hall with a bold description “Max air”. I just smiled. In my heart I said this is Max air, the aircraft I’d be flying with. My happiness is that the aircraft looks new and very hefty.

Please note that planes usually stop far away from the departure hall. Most time there’re airport shuttle buses to convey you to where the plane is parked before you enter( if the departure hall is far from the plane itself or if it’s raining and you need to get off the plane as soon as you landed). But if the plane is a little close you can walk down to the arrival hall ( for those who just landed in their destination or returning).

Alas it was time Maxair was announced. I gladly got up and moved downstairs and headed to the exit of the glass house where my ticket/boarding pass was handed to them. The checked it and returned it to me while I headed out for the plane.........

To be continued........

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by TalkTalkTwins(m): 5:53pm On May 02, 2021
Interesting

1 Like

Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by Evidenx(m): 8:38pm On May 02, 2021
Carry my chair and popcorn
This is gone be an interesting ride.. Lol

4 Likes

Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by kkokoma: 9:39pm On May 02, 2021
grin Newbie!

3 Likes

Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by popizaino(m): 10:11pm On May 02, 2021
Drop me here bike man

4 Likes

Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by donogaga(m): 10:33pm On May 02, 2021
mrbenjame:
Ok........ I’m back now. I got into the waiting/ departure area but before then I was asked If I was with any possession of perfumes or stuffs like that. I told them yes I do. The guy just told me to go that I shouldn’t worry. Before entering the departure hall I saw a lady that her Job was to check your ticket and detach one side of the ticket leaving you with a little piece of paper containing your flight details. (your name, seat number, where you’re going to, type of plane carrying you etc.). I entered the departure area and saw another conveyor again. This time I had to repeat the process again. Dropped everything I had including my watch.

After they all rolled out to a particular point ( short like I said earlier) I picked up my bag and
other belongings.

I got to the departure hall seeing a lot of people seated. The hall is usually glassy in which you can easily see any plane landing and taking off as well as people entering and exiting some planes.

When I got there I found out the hall was filled so I had to go upstairs. It’s a gallery where you can sit up there and still see the people downstairs as well as the landings and take offs. I enjoyed staying up because you’d see everything clearly and vividly. Thanks to the airport staff that ushered me upstairs. I saw both children and parents waiting for their flights, boys and girls, old people etc...

While we were there we were hearing announcements from time to time of the particular airline that’s leaving and the destination. So I had to check my ticket to confirm if it’s the airline I was flying with.

Mind you.... be very attentive as well because the announcers voice is very little. So I barely heard her voice. She’s obviously a Nigerian no doubt but her voice wasn’t audible enough. That really pissed me off. Thanks to the airport workers who also announce the flights for people to hear.

So you’d hear something Like this:
Arik air Portharcourt to Lagos zone A to F please
Assemble for your flight. Thank you! ( something like that).

Since I was boarding Max air, I was bordered because I’ve never heard of that name( maybe because I don’t visit the airport like I said or because I’m not a frequent traveler).

I saw people seating with me whose plane was ready to take them away. After 30 minutes of their leaving the hall, I saw them flying away into the cloud. I started wondering like “ see o. No be that babe wey sit down here don enter cloud now now? Chei! Nawa o. Lols. So Na so me go move too? Omo. No be small o “ I just kept calm because I was getting excited

After waiting patiently, almost 10:25am boarding time, I started seeing a mighty aircraft running through the run way to the departure hall with a bold description “Max air”. I just smiled. In my heart I said this is Max air, the aircraft I’d be flying with. My happiness is that the aircraft looks new and very hefty.

Please note that planes usually stop far away from the departure hall. Most time there’re airport shuttle buses to convey you to where the plane is parked before you enter( if the departure hall is far from the plane itself or if it’s raining and you need to get off the plane as soon as you landed). But if the plane is a little close you can walk down to the arrival hall ( for those who just landed in their destination or returning).

Alas it was time Maxair was announced. I gladly got up and moved downstairs and headed to the exit of the glass house where my ticket/boarding pass was handed to them. The checked it and returned it to me while I headed out for the plane.........

To be continued........

I presume you were also asked to take off your shoes immediately you entered the departure area?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by mrsage(m): 11:31pm On May 02, 2021
donogaga:

I presume you were also asked to take off your shoes immediately you entered the departure area?

grin grin
Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by mrbenjame: 11:33pm On May 02, 2021
donogaga:

Exactly! I was so surprised.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by chukxie(m): 2:51am On May 03, 2021
mrbenjame:
I’ve never flied before but I’d like to narrate my first experience traveling by air. It’s a very interesting experience and fearful for the faint hearted. Lols. But the thing is..... whether you are scared or not you’d definitely get to your destination. No doubt about that. So stay tune.....

Few days ago, I went for an important event in Abuja. I reside in portharcourt. I stayed about 4km away from the airport. Since I had no business in the airport, I stay clear. Sometimes knowing fully well I’d be hitting the plane sooner enough I decided to visit the airport but something kept dragging me back. So I backed off until the day I was scheduled to travel. I left the house for the airport at about 7:45am for a trip scheduled by 10:25 am. ( from what I was told you should be early enough).

We got to the airport around 8:15. Got into the check in hall. On entring we were asked to drop our phones and bags in a conveyor that scans our belonging. It rolls with your belongings the way your bags would roll to a place you’d pick it up. But this conveyor is quite short. So you’d need to be there to see that your load passes through that load scanner before picking your belongings.

Now I picked my bag and headed to the boarding pass ( please you’d always need to ask questions in the airport o! Before you loose your flight all in the name of forming). I was directed to the boarding pass where I’d show them my flight ticket number. ( mine was sent to my phone so I showed them from my phone). They’d type it and confirm you’re the actual passenger.

After that I was given my flight ticket.( mind you, if you’re flying aero for instance please do not go to stand on arik queue. Find aero and queue there. That’s how it works ).

Dear OP,
I'm enjoying your first travel experience by airplane. There's always a first time to everything. If you don't mind me saying, I think you meant to write 'flown' but mistakenly wrote "flied". Cheers, bro!

34 Likes

Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by mrbenjame: 6:38am On May 03, 2021
chukxie:

Dear OP,
I'm enjoying your first travel experience by airplane. There's always a first time to everything. If you don't mind me saying, I think you meant to write 'flew' but mistakenly wrote "flied". Cheers, bro!

Thanks so much for your correction. I’d do that right away. Thanks and God bless you richly

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by Antmanned(m): 9:28am On May 03, 2021
Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by Pavore9: 10:38am On May 03, 2021
Nice read.
Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:51am On May 03, 2021
chukxie:

Dear OP,
I'm enjoying your first travel experience by airplane. There's always a first time to everything. If you don't mind me saying, I think you meant to write 'flew' but mistakenly wrote "flied". Cheers, bro!

It's " flown", not "flew".

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:52am On May 03, 2021
mrbenjame:
I’ve never flew flown before but I’d like to narrate my first experience traveling by air. It’s a very interesting experience and fearful for the faint hearted. Lols. But the thing is..... whether you are scared or not you’d definitely get to your destination. No doubt about that. So stay tune.....

1 Like

Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by mrbenjame: 12:14pm On May 03, 2021
[quote author=UyaiIncomparabl post=101337904][/quote]

Ah! Lols. Thanks for the correction. Really in a haste. Thanks and God bless you richly
Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by mrbenjame: 12:18pm On May 03, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

Thanks boss. I’d correct it. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by sweetyounglady(f): 1:06pm On May 03, 2021
chukxie:

Dear OP,
Oga bro,it should actually be *flown*
Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by chukxie(m): 1:54pm On May 03, 2021
sweetyounglady:

Oga bro,it should actually be *flown*

Past participle: flown
Have + never + past participle of the verb of 'fly'
= 'flown'
I was looking at the sentence thus: I never flew....Didn't notice the auxiliary verb 'have' before the main verb in this case "flied" as written by the OP. My bad for my carelessness. Thanks for the heads up.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by chukxie(m): 1:56pm On May 03, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

Bleep me! How did I miss that?
= 'flown'
I was looking at the sentence thus: I never flew....Didn't notice the auxiliary verb 'have' before the main verb in this case "flied" as written by the OP. My bad for my carelessness. Thanks for the heads up.

4 Likes

Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:09pm On May 03, 2021
chukxie:

Bleep me! How did I miss that?
= 'flown'

cheesy

You had to come back with other lessons.

You are welcome, regardless.

1 Like

Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by chukxie(m): 3:00pm On May 03, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

cheesy

You had to come back with other lessons.

You are welcome, regardless.

No mind me jare! I'm still kicking myself for my carelessness. Thanks, again.

3 Likes

Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by Bahrain: 4:10pm On May 03, 2021
Following...
Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:37pm On May 03, 2021
chukxie:

No, mind me jare! I'm still kicking myself for my carelessness. Thanks, again.

Don't beat yourself up for that. We all make mistakes. It's inevitable.

1 Like

Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by Udobigj(m): 5:25pm On May 03, 2021
D they I will enter that plain eeeehhhhh....see all these girl posting their trip by ear on WhatsApp hmmmm... They are now celebrities on WhatsApp

6 Likes

Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by Karleb(m): 7:02pm On May 03, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

All these English people, make una dey calm down o. grin

5 Likes

Re: My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! by mrbenjame: 11:16pm On May 03, 2021
As I headed towards the plane, I saw other planes too parked with engines on, preparing to leave. Probably one has to move before Others follow. Like one after the other. Same with landing.

What tripped me most was the sound of these planes. It’s not as noisy as I thought ( to be honest).

I got close to the plane and we were asked again to queue properly to climb the stairs into the plane. Some planes do come with stairs while some don’t. ( especially large passenger planes). I might be wrong though..... ok. So I climbed the stairs till I got to the door mouth of the plane. And that’s it........wow! Alas I was in. Saw how the seats looked like. My heart melted because it was really a dream to be in a thing I watch only on TVs or pictures.

On entering, by my left was the cockpit where the pilots are then by the right, the passenger area. ( it was an all economy class. No first class or what have you. Business class I guess).

Since I studied my ticket very well, it wasn’t difficult to locate my seat. Mine was seat 19B.

Now to locate your seat you’d have to look a little above the chairs ( the compartment where your light loads is usually kept above your head ). You’d see the numbers written boldly. Since mine was seat 19, I quietly passed other numbers till I got to my number. The next thing I did was to locate the ABC of a thing. You can’t seat on someone else’s seat because the person is just right behind you coming as well to seat right there. Although some seats are usually empty. Usually the back of the plane. Towards the tail end. ( forgive my English o. Lols). Or anywhere maybe the person missed his or her flight.

Now let me explain a little about the seating arrangement.

The plane is a Boeing 737 ( not as big as a 747)
It had two rows with 3 seats straight down.

First row by my right we have seat 1A, 1B and 1C then by my left ( as I’m entering the plane) is 1D, 1E and 1F.

Now mind you... seat 1A is the window seat while at the other side It’s 1D. So the seating arrangement is DEF and CBA. ( I hope the smart ones can understand this).

So I got to my seat (19B). A little close to the window. We waited for a while for others to enter and have their seats.

So while waiting I immediately got accustomed to the seatbelt. very easy to use though ( to me o. Lols. ).

After 30 minutes, the pilot (A white guy) made some announcement, welcomed us on board, told us how high we’d fly (29,000ft ) I would never forget. ( and 890km/hr). When I heard this one I carry hand put for head! 890? Which kyn speed be that?

One of the air hostess announced also and we were told to switch off phones and all that bla bla bla........

After everything the last words she said was “do have a wonderful trip”. We had other crew members in the plane too. Male and female.

As soon as the whole place was quiet and everyone on their seatbelt, the sound of the plane increased. Then I knew we were set to leave.........

It’s late now my dear friends. I’d update tomorrow.

51 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Another Petrol Tanker Fire In Onitsha Yesterday (Photos) / Why Are White People ''expats'' When The Rest Of Us Are ''immigrants''? / South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.