Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu (20110 Views)

My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night / My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? / "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Abfinest007(m): 11:57am On May 04, 2021
Does this stupid tradition still exist

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Sterope(f): 11:57am On May 04, 2021
Outcast? Loving it already grin. Too bad I am not Igbo.

The same madness happening with families of interracial couples.

heniford2:
give her belly case close but bear it in mind you will be an outcaste by culture your village will separate from you even ur immediate family i have seen it happen believe me you will regret it because after love comes bitterness
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by MPESA(m): 11:57am On May 04, 2021
SavageResponse:

Just bear in mind that if you marry an Osu your children will automatically also become Osu and will face the same discrimination when it's time for them to marry also

Na wetin they never understand, the stigma and discrimination is out of this world.... BTW it's still has other negative effects.
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Zubydeangelo(m): 11:57am On May 04, 2021
JeffreyJunior:
You never cross 30years be that. Families of some of us dey pray mek we even carry goat come house say we wan marry am. cheesy
Hahaha...i like your sense of humour.
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Josywhyte: 11:57am On May 04, 2021
what's the meaning of osu
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Dukeolumidemans(m): 11:57am On May 04, 2021
Ur not supposed to marry their kind. Let their kind marry their kind. That's why u need to visit ur village once a while to know ur tradition. If u do/insist, everything traditionally will change. Automatically una family don cast be that and ur people will always press ignore on all things concerning u and ur family...

Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by hustla(m): 11:57am On May 04, 2021
tellwisdom:

Be very careful with these kids telling you 21st century and modern day. Tradition is tradition.

If you do otherwise, just make sure you don’t step your foot anywhere close to your village.

You see these ones talking like they know anything about life; they will be no where to be found when spiritual problem starts, and you will have no option than to carry your cross alone out of sheer negligence.

You no too bright
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by RingRoadMafia: 11:58am On May 04, 2021
Get pregnant for him @hammergirl.

Your family will be the one begging him to come and carry you grin cheesy
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by MPESA(m): 11:58am On May 04, 2021
Abfinest007:
Does this stupid tradition still exist

Yes it's does and very serious.
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Sterope(f): 11:58am On May 04, 2021
Those against the Union would still identify as Christians grin. Religious hypocrites!

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Sterope(f): 11:58am On May 04, 2021
Jesus will be very proud of you
tellwisdom:

Be very careful with these kids telling you 21st century and modern day. Tradition is tradition.

If you do otherwise, just make sure you don’t step your foot anywhere close to your village.

You see these ones talking like they know anything about life; they will be no where to be found when spiritual problem starts, and you will have no option than to carry your cross alone out of sheer negligence.
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by MPESA(m): 11:59am On May 04, 2021
Bar1941:
I thought someone posted a story sometime ago that Osu system had finally been abolished, how come your family is still being adamant? Anyway marry the person if you truly loves him.

It can't be abolish, we all know it . It has a lot of negative effects that no family are willing to risk it.
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Goldbw122(m): 11:59am On May 04, 2021
hmm
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Sterope(f): 12:00pm On May 04, 2021
They should come and marry us grin

SavageResponse:

Just bear in mind that if you marry an Osu your children will automatically also become Osu and will face the same discrimination when it's time for them to marry also
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by kingemaker(m): 12:01pm On May 04, 2021
If Africans were white, racism and slave trade would still be thriving by now. Tufiakwa

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by OyinO: 12:01pm On May 04, 2021
You're calling the person you wanna marry an "OSU"? You're an Otondo
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by chidaddy1198(m): 12:01pm On May 04, 2021
The real love here is to let her go. cause you cant fight the fight finish
Hammergirl:
Hi, I'm in love with an osu but my family forbids it. How do I convince them to allow me to marry him?
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by MPESA(m): 12:01pm On May 04, 2021
Mutemenot:

Bitter truth

Nothing about it , don't push people to the wall in the name of advise... The marriage won't work.
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Sterope(f): 12:01pm On May 04, 2021
Want to bet how much Jesus hates you? grin

He has a palace in hell fire for you. That I know!

Kobicove:

They're warning you now but you don't want to listen.

The dog that will get lost will not hear the hunter's whistle!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Lamasta(m): 12:02pm On May 04, 2021
Igbo people and marginalization na 5 & 6 they love discriminating themselves
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Goldbw122(m): 12:02pm On May 04, 2021
hmm, this kind of situation is very critical, if it is the man that is stressing to marry you they would have been warly possible, but as a female is is impossible..
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Kobicove(m): 12:02pm On May 04, 2021
Sterope:
Want to bet how much Jesus hates you? grin

He has a palace in hell fire for you. That I know!

Piss off!
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Dickson178(m): 12:02pm On May 04, 2021
Please what's the meaning of OSU ?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by NickNyce: 12:02pm On May 04, 2021
Just show your family you now have sense and everything will be fine. Talking about osu in this century means you totally don't have sense.
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by HEAVEN4444: 12:03pm On May 04, 2021
Joel3:
a descendants of an outcast.

The Osu caste system is an ancient practice in Igboland that discourages social interaction and marriage with a group of persons called Osu. Osus are dedicated to the deities of Igboland; they are considered as inferior beings and are usually discriminated against.

In ancient osu can only marry themselves and live in an enclave.

it's more like a foul that was thrown to the river and it becomes a river property. and people get scared of the foul either to take it or stole it as it's seen as river goddess property.
but how do you know someone is an osu ? do they have bigger lips ? hairier legs ? are there visible ways to identify an osu ?

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by yesloaded: 12:03pm On May 04, 2021
Hammergirl:
Hi, I'm in love with an osu but my family forbids it. How do I convince them to allow me to marry him?

grin

Honestly I only hear the word osu in nollywood but never knew it's this serious
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by iamezekwesiri: 12:03pm On May 04, 2021
You alone know the best way to convince your parents....... sampling people's opinion on how best to approach your parents on an issue as sensitive as this will further throw you into serious confusion especially from those who does not understand the seriousness of the issue at hand and non igbos, also peeps who are mostly free born(s) who doesn't know what it feels to be discriminated against or the ones that knows deep down that what they tell you is the opposite of what they and their families do practice..... The caste system in igboland has not been abolished regardless of the recent ohanaeze ndi igbo abolishment of OSU system in January this year..

Love isn't enough in marriage, and you won't exist alone if you decide to go ahead and marry him or her...... Are you willing to accept or bear the consequences? Tons of rejection and all that comes with it?

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Sterope(f): 12:03pm On May 04, 2021
You are going to hell
Kobicove:

Piss off!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Kobicove(m): 12:05pm On May 04, 2021
Sterope:
You are going to hell

You are already in hell!
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by MPESA(m): 12:06pm On May 04, 2021
Vision101:
This osu thing is nonsense. You eat together, Bleep together, lick yourselves, sometimes abort the pregnancy and the osu goddess will not do anything. Only when it's time for marriage that the goddess will surface.

What type of cast is that. When you were dating the young man might be giving your parents and relations osu money and they will be using and nothing happened to them.

Talk to your brothers and sisters that are enlightened. Once they support you, go for court wedding.

Husband scarce oooooo. I done tell you finish!!!

You are misinformed they don't attend gathering together..... IT'S FACT.
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Kobicove(m): 12:08pm On May 04, 2021
Sterope:
You are going to hell

You people will just come online and start giving useless advise.

I hope you will be there to comfort her when she starts crying that her children are being discriminated against as a consequences of her decision to marry an Osu undecided

@ Hammergirl don't make a decision based on the advise of someone who will not bear the consequence of that decision!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Welcomes A Set Of Twins After 7 Years [photo] / Near Death Experience / Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.