Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Aftermath Of #ENSARS - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Aftermath Of #ENSARS (355 Views)

Aftermath Of US Airstrike On Iran General Qassem Suleimani (VERY GRAPHIC) / Flood - The Aftermath Of The Rain In Lagos. / Aftermath Of Ghana Gas Explosion And How It Happened (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aftermath Of #ENSARS by rajiedreez: 10:51pm On May 02, 2021
I don't know if mod or lalasticlala will push this to the front page.

People might castigate or rubbish me for putting this forward but we need to tell ourselves what the simple truth is, which is, since the end of the #endsars protest (which I supported until it was highjacked) there's been blatant disrespect and disregards of law enforcement agencies in the country, especially the police. The citizens no longer see the police for who they are actually supposed to be, which is the enforcers of the law. The Nigeria police has been decaying for decades with little or no attention paid to it but the central government. Each administration comes one after the other and select a police chief that can best protect his interest and deal with the opposition the best way they see fit.

We yawned for a better police but we were mistaken for hoodlums and miscreants, even the officers we intended a better life for, does not see the need for it because it might affect their "extra take home money".

We see violence where there wasn't before. People now freely assault police officer ( the bad eggs amongst them brought this on them). You can no longer involve them in fighting of criminality, that's if they'll answer you for fear of their lives.

SARS department of the police was good and effective when they first came around (at least I've witnessed their fight against robbery twice) until they were being used by guys for debt collection and settlement of transaction.

Where we'll go from here isn't known to me and I doubt if its known to this government because almost everyone has lost hope and trust in anything relating to government in this country. It really saddens me to see this.

Irrespective of where ever we travel to, you can't take all your relatives with you. So if we all think that we'll japa, don't forget that you still have relatives left behind to face the mess we're in at the moment.
Thanks
Re: Aftermath Of #ENSARS by kaptaintintin: 11:23pm On May 02, 2021
"which is the enforcers of the law" which law? is there any law in Nigeria?!.
Re: Aftermath Of #ENSARS by rajiedreez: 12:01am On May 03, 2021
kaptaintintin:
"which is the enforcers of the law"
which law? is there any law in Nigeria?!.
I don't know what actually got you angry but don't let deceive ourselves you and I are still Nigerians and still being governed by her constitution as of today, the case may or may not change later in the future but for us to live peacefully those laws needs to be protected.
Re: Aftermath Of #ENSARS by kaptaintintin: 9:57pm On May 12, 2021
rajiedreez:
I don't know what actually got you angry but don't let deceive ourselves you and I are still Nigerians and still being governed by her constitution as of today, the case may or may not change later in the future but for us to live peacefully those laws needs to be protected.
My brother am not angry,jus that d contitutions and laws you speak of today applies only to me and u(common man). The 1999 constitutions favours only the elites. That is an old constitutions which needs to be reviwed and everybody irrespective of tribe,religion and profession needs to be carried along.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle / Nigeria's Weak Presidency,or President. / Lateef Adedimeji :: Biography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.